Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3221 Post by xorxes » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm
@Xorx, why do you think Fox is Town?
Because I don't think he can be scum with Percy. I have said this before, as I'm sure you already know if you really re-read me in full.

xorxes

#3222 Post by xorxes » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm
And why do you think Prado is Town?
No specific reason for this one, just a general vibe. You caught me!

ChippeRock

#3223 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:16 pm

@xorxes, I know Balki's aggressively going after you, but I would still like you to link us to all of your posts where you made a read of some kind. Or at least posting some detailed reads on the players you named as having read.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3224 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:19 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:16 pm
@xorxes, I know Balki's aggressively going after you, but I would still like you to link us to all of your posts where you made a read of some kind. Or at least posting some detailed reads on the players you named as having read.
+1

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3225 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:21 pm

And if you really have a Town read on Foxy, make me understand why. If you’re Town, I want to work with you. I’ll take the time to think about this if you work to make yourself understood.

ChippeRock

#3226 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:35 pm

@Balki, what's up with this sudden aggressiveness? I don't seem to recall you aggressively pursuing anyone else to this degree, so why are you doing it now? Is xorxes really the strongest you have felt about a scum read?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3227 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:44 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:35 pm
@Balki, what's up with this sudden aggressiveness? I don't seem to recall you aggressively pursuing anyone else to this degree, so why are you doing it now? Is xorxes really the strongest you have felt about a scum read?
Hmmm, I’m not sure I can explain my perceived change in aggression. Though, I don’t feel like I am questioning Xorx in an unusual way for me.

But, I haven’t paid much attention to Xorx this game. With Xorx, I usually ignore him for a couple of days because he is often NKed as Town. It’s easier to give him a couple of days to solve the game or get NKed. If he doesn’t, he’s likely scum.

But the Blind Assassin vote on him made me ISO him. And I think his ISO really stands out. Can’t say I’m super confident in this read just yet, but Xorx is my top scumread right this moment and I’d like to see him flip.

Durga

#3228 Post by Durga » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:47 pm

I feel like we can wait at least another day before xorxes has to flip

ChippeRock

#3229 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:44 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Hmmm, I’m not sure I can explain my perceived change in aggression. Though, I don’t feel like I am questioning Xorx in an unusual way for me.

But, I haven’t paid much attention to Xorx this game. With Xorx, I usually ignore him for a couple of days because he is often NKed as Town. It’s easier to give him a couple of days to solve the game or get NKed. If he doesn’t, he’s likely scum.

But the Blind Assassin vote on him made me ISO him. And I think his ISO really stands out. Can’t say I’m super confident in this read just yet, but Xorx is my top scumread right this moment and I’d like to see him flip.
Mind linking this ISO? Is it a detailed ISO? I'd like to take a look at your point by point ISO of xorxes.

Foxcastle

#3230 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:51 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm
Link to where you’ve presented those townreads before I called you out on it.
Go look for them!

Can you give us your reads as well?
So I did go look at them. Some of them are referenced (e.g., Durga, Chippe, et, Prado, Percy), many of them in the list are new. But they are all surprisingly consistent. Has nothing happened this game that's caused any shift in any of your reads, Xorxes?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3231 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 pm

I'm scumreading both Percy and Xorxes, but Xorxes' top scumread is Percy, so I thought a BA kill on Percy had good value in hitting scum and getting info on Xorxes. I suppose killing Xorxes would accomplish the same type of thing but Xorxes is more valuable as town than Percy, and I have a slightly higher scumread on Percy.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3232 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:48 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

Mind linking this ISO? Is it a detailed ISO? I'd like to take a look at your point by point ISO of xorxes.
Go here. Click “search among all messages.” Type in Xorxes under “User.”

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#3233 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Quick thoughts bcoz I'm busy today

Null: I go back and forth on these two in my head (Flav/Chippie) I think Chippie has played an anti-town game, but there have been moments of town indicative play in him. Same for Flav really if you read him up to the Espresso-ET thing, but to a lesser extent.

Scumlean: Moscow (Peter) and Teacon. I think there is something in this bracket. Both haven't really been present (obviously MF got replaced) but Teacon isn't acting his usual self. Busy or not. Bares watching.

Scummier: I think ET is scum. People say it’s noob town, but why is that the case here? I think he is playing everyone. Conner, yeah there is a guy named Conner in the game. I plan to re-read him when I get the chance. He is flying under the radar so to speak for sure. Xorxes: Doesn’t act himself and I’m thinking he is scum based on what I am seeing. Not a top read, but that’s what’s going through my head.

That’s what I’m thinking.
What made you go from “no I don’t actually scumread him that much everyone on the other wagon is just stupid” to “he’s obviously scum”?

ChippeRock

#3234 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I fail to see how xorxes' messages will help me find your ISO.

ChippeRock

#3235 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:05 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Quick thoughts bcoz I'm busy today

Null: I go back and forth on these two in my head (Flav/Chippie) I think Chippie has played an anti-town game, but there have been moments of town indicative play in him. Same for Flav really if you read him up to the Espresso-ET thing, but to a lesser extent.

Scumlean: Moscow (Peter) and Teacon. I think there is something in this bracket. Both haven't really been present (obviously MF got replaced) but Teacon isn't acting his usual self. Busy or not. Bares watching.

Scummier: I think ET is scum. People say it’s noob town, but why is that the case here? I think he is playing everyone. Conner, yeah there is a guy named Conner in the game. I plan to re-read him when I get the chance. He is flying under the radar so to speak for sure. Xorxes: Doesn’t act himself and I’m thinking he is scum based on what I am seeing. Not a top read, but that’s what’s going through my head.

That’s what I’m thinking.
What made you go from “no I don’t actually scumread him that much everyone on the other wagon is just stupid” to “he’s obviously scum”?
Probably my argument on why I voted for Espresso, as I can't recall anybody mentioning et's experience (as I called him, a noob town) in their reads of et.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3236 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:10 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

That's what an iso is - a collection of one players messages. I believe it is short for isolated messages

ChippeRock

#3237 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:10 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

That's what an iso is - a collection of one players messages. I believe it is short for isolated messages
Yes, I was already provided the link to the Mafia Lingo page. What I am asking for is his ISO of xorxes - since I don't recall a particularly detailed one from Balki.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3238 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:18 pm

I think this is right:

BLIND ASSASSIN VOTE 1.2
Percy Williams (2): Tom Bombadil, Squigs44
Squigs44 (1): Durga
Teacon (1): TrPrado
Flavius (1): Foxcastle
ET (1): ND
Neph (1): ET
FoxCastle (1): ChippeRock
xorxes (2): rdrivera, Balki

Currently, Percy Williams or Xorxes is set to be killed by the Blind Assassin. You have less than 2 hours to vote.

I do expect the leading vote getting to be assassinated. If for no other reason, it just raises the stakes for this vote on N3 so much, and helps Town and Blind Assassin. Ignore this vote at your peril.

And there is no reason you can’t change your vote if your top choice is not gaining steam.

ChippeRock

#3239 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:23 pm

@Balki, as I explained in a previous post, it's a horrible idea for the BA to strictly NK the top vote getter. If he (or she) wants to take into account Town's opinions, than he should just kill someone from the top 3.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3240 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Am I putting too much weight into this roleblock?

I just don't see scum xorxes being the scumbo they picked to claim if they decided to do that.