Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3901 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 pm
Y'all are dense. You have no choice but to acccept my claim. We are so screwed right now regardless.
please guide us, oh fearless leader, supreme judge, your honour!!!!!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3902 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Realized I'm still on Percy

##vote Xorxes

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3903 Post by peterlund » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:41 pm

While waiting for some leadership, I would like to test Chip, if he can die without dead posting and destroying the game and the fun for others (He is not too fun in this game at the moment either). And to see if he ever is going to be allowed to take part in future games. He failed to promise me this simple thing in the sign up thread, so let's ##VOTE Chip

Durga

#3904 Post by Durga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:41 pm

##vote xorxes

Nephthys

#3905 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:59 pm

##Vote Percy.

He came in hard thinking about the BA and PRs. Hardly a town mindset.

I think given his early interations we can take the following
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm
My mini town reads list ( for people who seem really town to me)
Et
Carl Tuckerson
Teacon
Given odds and how almost everyone plays there is likely on scum in this list.
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm

--snip--

I'm worried Xorxes will get stuck in a tunnel again, and I think that I can add Balki and TrPrado to my town reads list, but I'll have to iso to be sure. Full town team read list coming before end of phase.
2. I do, but I'm terrible d1. I think my strength is in pulling people out of tunnels, and the beauty in my reads lists. Also Has Anyone looked at Bozo!(at this point you might have, as I am behind.
3. I'm doing a read strategy that I started last game, where instead of looking for scum, I find those with the ring of town to their name, and see who's left. obviously that's not great D1, but later game it keeps me focused on how townie the players been all game, instead of zoning in on one weirdly grammared post that seems suspicious, but is just bad grammar. (Like how I turned Grammer into a verb? :-D )

--snip--
Here he is already giving Xorx leeway. Of all the people in the game to tunnel I wouldn't pick xorx regardless of his recent history.
Percy Williams wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:17 pm
I'm only on page 105 in my catch up so far, but I promised questions:
1. Did Trprado's analysis on you and the accompanying questions make sense? or were there a lot of false assumptions in it?
2.Who all is using new reading methods? If you are, please share if it doesn't ruin the method.
3. Has anyone been posting full reads lists (Besides TrPrado)? I feel like we should do that...
This is trying to fit in 101. Any townperson would read the last 15 pages before contributing. Things can change quickly and to do things just because theyve been promised...
Percy Williams wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:14 pm

Really Fox?
I just find it too ironic that Percy responds to Tom's very sensible admonition against PR hunting with ideas for PR hunting.
@Foxcastle, I know it looks like I'm publicly Pr hunting but I'm not. I would explain what I'm doing to actually confuse the Scum team, but that would obviously ruin it, and give scum a lot of helpful information. After the game I'd be happy to explain myself( Or if all Prs die).
@Percy, theres only one left now. Wanna share?
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:21 pm
My town haven list:
Durga
Teacon
Et
Carl
Flavius (unpopular opinion I know, but his defensiveness is his desperate "Don't lynch me I'm town guys" thought process)
Chippe

also probably town: Balki
I don't know what to make of this read on Flav. It's either intense defense on his part or is a very towny mindset.

Nephthys

#3906 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 pm

TLDR: Today we should kill Percy then tomorrow Xorx vs teacon

et

#3907 Post by et » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Finally I can see Xorxes v Teacon? That's great.
But how do you deal with con lurking?

et

#3908 Post by et » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm

And why lynch a player having town mindset?

Nephthys

#3909 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm

et wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Because it isn't necessarily towny. It is a reservation I have though. Also flipping xorx unravels a lot more I think.

Percy Williams

#3910 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:13 am
I change my mind

@Balki - please reveal your PR
Horrible idea. If it's Judge, we're basically fucked because we need that Judge to use his power one last time tomorrow.
I think Naomi should reveal. If it's innocent child, relaunch their power, we have less candidates who could be scum. If It's the judge, then Mafia has to choose between killing the reporter, which at this point is almost a cop, and killing the judge. Any other reveal is a scum that can be counterclaims if they fakeclaim. Octothorpe 1 priority is successfully lynching a Mafia member. At this point we can't afford not to.
Should say Balki not Naomi... For some reason autocorrect doesn't recognize Naomi as a name.

et

#3911 Post by et » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm
et wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Because it isn't necessarily towny. It is a reservation I have though. Also flipping xorx unravels a lot more I think.
Then, lynch xorxes seems to be better...
And I don't understand why not necessarily towny and how scummy Percy is.
And when can I think about con?
But ok. If you think you shouldn't answer now, I don't request answer.

Nephthys

#3912 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 am

Horrible idea. If it's Judge, we're basically fucked because we need that Judge to use his power one last time tomorrow.
I think Naomi should reveal. If it's innocent child, relaunch their power, we have less candidates who could be scum. If It's the judge, then Mafia has to choose between killing the reporter, which at this point is almost a cop, and killing the judge. Any other reveal is a scum that can be counterclaims if they fakeclaim. Octothorpe 1 priority is successfully lynching a Mafia member. At this point we can't afford not to.
Should say Balki not Naomi... For some reason autocorrect doesn't recognize Naomi as a name.
Care to respond to my points?

Percy Williams

#3913 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:56 am
That's about it Nephthys, also imo
I think we should ignore lurkers, for now, there are too many at this point and I feel like we are taking a shot in the dark if we go after them, lets instead focus on active players where we got information and can find things out
If we get the active players we can then go for the lurkers
The current lurkers are
Xorxes
Percy
Connor
teacon
peterlund
damo

Their probably scum there, but honestly its not even worth going after them at this point, so lets go after someone else

We also can ignore Balki since the BA will take care of him
We can also ignore et since the two picks were likely town v town
We can also ignore rdrivera, I still think him revealing Balki so soon is silly but what you going to do

Flavius(me)
FoxCastle(scum)
Squigs
ND
Nephthys
Durga
Chippie

I think in this pot there's a few scum
Even though it endangers myself, I think I disagree. It's just as likely that lurkers randed Scum, or even are lurking BECAUSE they are scum.

Percy Williams

#3914 Post by Percy Williams » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Durga wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 am
If you're BA you'll actually reveal it. Your only chance at winning is the death of the roleblocker. It's a little scummy if you don't reveal actually, because then we have to way to confirm your claim, and our best bet is actually to lynch you.
Wouldn't the real BA know they are mafia, and SK Balki? (Since it he's lying he's scum)

We have to lynch a Mafia this turn.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3915 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 pm
I’m not sure why you are thinking that you have a spare mislynch. You don’t. If you mislynch Town, Scum will RB me, kill rdrivera, and it will be 7-6-1. Then, even if you lynch five scum in a row, you still won’t win. It will be 3-1-1. And you only win if I kill scum for you, which would be a forfeit.

If you mislynch here, the chance of Town winning, even if going perfect on lynches starting tomorrow, becomes next to zero.

Anyone thinking about this game as if you can afford to be wrong here is making a mistake.

That’s why y’all need to put together a full scum team and see if it works.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3916 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:05 pm

@teacon, what are your reads right now?

So smarmy!

Nephthys

#3917 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm
Nephthys wrote:
I’m not sure why you are thinking that you have a spare mislynch. You don’t. If you mislynch Town, Scum will RB me, kill rdrivera, and it will be 7-6-1. Then, even if you lynch five scum in a row, you still won’t win. It will be 3-1-1. And you only win if I kill scum for you, which would be a forfeit.

If you mislynch here, the chance of Town winning, even if going perfect on lynches starting tomorrow, becomes next to zero.

Anyone thinking about this game as if you can afford to be wrong here is making a mistake.

I think you missed the point where I think Percy will flip scum and reveal at least half the scum team.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3918 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

I think you missed the point where I think Percy will flip scum and reveal at least half the scum team.
Can you give me three bullet points on why you think Percy is scum? And I thought you said that a Xorx flip unravels more.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3919 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Can someone link to a recent Xorx scum game?

Does he try hard as scum, or just kinda play passive and scared?

Nephthys

#3920 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Can you give me three bullet points on why you think Percy is scum? And I thought you said that a Xorx flip unravels more.
- PR hunting and BA hunting
- Above with little attempts at solving
- Hedgy play with the other whom I believe to be sum

A xorxes flip provides more although I think Percy is more likely. A Percy flip increases my xorx read which then allows me to be fully happy lynching him. I suppose I would lunch xorx today but would prefer percy.