Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#4101 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 am

Durga has a hardon for Rd and that's cool. But to just utterly dismiss my case like that is pretty crappy.

ND

#4102 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 am

@Chippie: Your question to @ET has been asked and answered it's on Page 3.

"This is first time for me. But I played 'werewolf' many times. That is mafialikegame." (ET, 3)

ChippeRock

#4103 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 am

"This is first time for me. But I played 'werewolf' many times. That is mafialikegame." (ET, 3)
Okay, appreciate that. My understanding of Werewolf vs Mafia is that they are practically the same thing (like Cultafia vs Mafia?). Is this a correct understanding?

ChippeRock

#4104 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 am
ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 am

Okay, appreciate that. My understanding of Werewolf vs Mafia is that they are practically the same thing (like Cultafia vs Mafia?). Is this a correct understanding?
Could someone who's played both give me some insight into this?

ND

#4105 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 am

Werewolf is a variant and similar, yes.

ND

#4106 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 am

Well, is anyone online? Like I'm on and no one is here. wtf?

ChippeRock

#4107 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 am
ET Part 2

Unfortunately, ET is not a friendly extraterrestrial. He is a mafia man. I had it right D2 as did many others. If you want to read Part 1 it’s on Page 128. Part 2 will focus on ET D3.

Page 175: ET begins the day by voting for Balki and telling Rdr great job. He doesn’t think Rdr’s claim is fake. Says, if “Balki is town” we will wee that D3 and that rdr will be killed by BA?

Page 176: Reiterates his vote and says that TrPrado’s scan may be a hint. I agree here, but unfortunately this has been very interpretative and hard to nail down. He says, on Page 176, “I can read Tom and Durga must be town from that.” In reference to a query about the Judge. So, if I am understanding this right. He is reading Tom who was just night killed. What else could Tom be? WTF?

Page 177-9: Asks Balki if he is BA. says scum will rb Balki and kill rdr night 3. Thanks for telling us your plan ET. Says he doesn’t have conclusion right now but wants Balki as a safety option. Says he thinks Fox is scummiest before Rdr’s claim. That’s news to me because in his reads on Page 159 he has Fox listed in ‘the middle’ and not in the scum or town category. He also never mentions Fox scumreading Teacon in this. There is literally nothing from 159-179 to indicate that he changed his ‘mind’ on Fox as he claims. I suspect he changed his mind when Fox got some votes and he was looking for a wagon.

Page 191: He wants to lynch Connor. Again, Connor was a null on his reads list from 159. He admittedly says he has no read of him here yet wants to lynch him. Agrees with not lynching Fox. Which indicates a change (admittedly I had this change too) couples Fox with the hooker though on page 191. Says he thinks Neph is scum. Votes Connor because he wants him to talk. Yeah, game is on the line and he wants someone to talk so votes for them. Wtf? I’ve answered his idiotic questions as well by saying who I think is scum. Buddies Drugna and Squigs on page 191 “What a good townreading you are! I confident you (and Squigs) are town too.” (Page 191) Asks Flav if he is more towny than Durga lol. No way on planet earth ET is town people.

Page 192: Asks Xorxes some questions, asks Percy some questions, says he didn’t read M1007. Has me and Damo as scum yet he is voting for his null read Conner. Makes no sense. Well it does if you were scum and didn't want to make waves so threw your vote on someone who was obviously MIA. Confused about a GM note on Page 194. Asks why Chippie and I wanted to lynch Fox on Page 195. HUH? He literally was throwing shade at Fox? In pages 177-179.
WTF? Wants to lynch Connor for lurking on Page 196. Says xorxes lynch is better page 196. Xorxes is only better in his mind now because Xorxes has the vote. This illustrates the pattern. ET votes the wagon and is playing cautious atm.

Thoughts
He is going to blend in with whatever the dominant conversation is. We see this by him buddying Durga and Squigs who were involved in a lot of conversation. We see this by him being suspicious of Fox and mentioning that TrPrado must have found something which is what I suggested. We see this by him reverting to a null read and voting Connor despite having so-called scum reads (me and that is solely because I have figured him out). Then as Xorxes piles up votes Et is now softing and preparing his vote on Xorxes. Don’t worry guys I am sure he will have a change of mind and vote whoever the big wagon is Xorxes or whoever. He is blending in, being cautious with his vote, buddying up, offering no real thoughts or analysis, going along with the flow, and will mark my fricking words end up on whoever is the big wagon (unless it’s him).

He’s scum. We should have lynched him and not Espresso. Damn all of you who let this guy get away D2. I seriously do not give AF. I’m voting this guy. Goodbye ET. Your scum. Your done.

##VOTE ET
Well, I can get on board with this wagon (since I can't understand playing the noob card so hard; but than again, Cruuader was also in this category, though he only played a few Mafia games, so it was a little more understandable) - but I still like the Fox wagon the best. If it comes down to it, I will switch to the et wagon since both are probably scum, but right now, I think Fox is a little bit more likely to be scum.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4108 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:54 am
ND wrote:
ET Part 2

Unfortunately, ET is not a friendly extraterrestrial. He is a mafia man. I had it right D2 as did many others. If you want to read Part 1 it’s on Page 128. Part 2 will focus on ET D3.

Page 175: ET begins the day by voting for Balki and telling Rdr great job. He doesn’t think Rdr’s claim is fake. Says, if “Balki is town” we will wee that D3 and that rdr will be killed by BA?

Page 176: Reiterates his vote and says that TrPrado’s scan may be a hint. I agree here, but unfortunately this has been very interpretative and hard to nail down. He says, on Page 176, “I can read Tom and Durga must be town from that.” In reference to a query about the Judge. So, if I am understanding this right. He is reading Tom who was just night killed. What else could Tom be? WTF?

Page 177-9: Asks Balki if he is BA. says scum will rb Balki and kill rdr night 3. Thanks for telling us your plan ET. Says he doesn’t have conclusion right now but wants Balki as a safety option. Says he thinks Fox is scummiest before Rdr’s claim. That’s news to me because in his reads on Page 159 he has Fox listed in ‘the middle’ and not in the scum or town category. He also never mentions Fox scumreading Teacon in this. There is literally nothing from 159-179 to indicate that he changed his ‘mind’ on Fox as he claims. I suspect he changed his mind when Fox got some votes and he was looking for a wagon.

Page 191: He wants to lynch Connor. Again, Connor was a null on his reads list from 159. He admittedly says he has no read of him here yet wants to lynch him. Agrees with not lynching Fox. Which indicates a change (admittedly I had this change too) couples Fox with the hooker though on page 191. Says he thinks Neph is scum. Votes Connor because he wants him to talk. Yeah, game is on the line and he wants someone to talk so votes for them. Wtf? I’ve answered his idiotic questions as well by saying who I think is scum. Buddies Drugna and Squigs on page 191 “What a good townreading you are! I confident you (and Squigs) are town too.” (Page 191) Asks Flav if he is more towny than Durga lol. No way on planet earth ET is town people.

Page 192: Asks Xorxes some questions, asks Percy some questions, says he didn’t read M1007. Has me and Damo as scum yet he is voting for his null read Conner. Makes no sense. Well it does if you were scum and didn't want to make waves so threw your vote on someone who was obviously MIA. Confused about a GM note on Page 194. Asks why Chippie and I wanted to lynch Fox on Page 195. HUH? He literally was throwing shade at Fox? In pages 177-179.
WTF? Wants to lynch Connor for lurking on Page 196. Says xorxes lynch is better page 196. Xorxes is only better in his mind now because Xorxes has the vote. This illustrates the pattern. ET votes the wagon and is playing cautious atm.

Thoughts
He is going to blend in with whatever the dominant conversation is. We see this by him buddying Durga and Squigs who were involved in a lot of conversation. We see this by him being suspicious of Fox and mentioning that TrPrado must have found something which is what I suggested. We see this by him reverting to a null read and voting Connor despite having so-called scum reads (me and that is solely because I have figured him out). Then as Xorxes piles up votes Et is now softing and preparing his vote on Xorxes. Don’t worry guys I am sure he will have a change of mind and vote whoever the big wagon is Xorxes or whoever. He is blending in, being cautious with his vote, buddying up, offering no real thoughts or analysis, going along with the flow, and will mark my fricking words end up on whoever is the big wagon (unless it’s him).

He’s scum. We should have lynched him and not Espresso. Damn all of you who let this guy get away D2. I seriously do not give AF. I’m voting this guy. Goodbye ET. Your scum. Your done.

##VOTE ET
Well, I can get on board with this wagon (since I can't understand playing the noob card so hard; but than again, Cruuader was also in this category, though he only played a few Mafia games, so it was a little more understandable) - but I still like the Fox wagon the best. If it comes down to it, I will switch to the et wagon since both are probably scum, but right now, I think Fox is a little bit more likely to be scum.
If I remember well, you were the one completely sure et was town on D2. What changed?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4109 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:00 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:24 am
Players in my POE:
FlaviusAetius
FoxCastle
Xorxes
Percy
et
teacon
ND
damo
peter
connor

We need 6/10 for the full scumteam.

Does teacon, Xorxes, ND, connor, peter, damo make sense?

et doesn't fit with ND, the Percy/Xorxes interaction is strange, and Flav and Fox have had so many people pushing on them that it is simplest if they are both town. Out of Flav/Fox, Flav is more likely scum imo, he could replace connor/peter/damo possibly.

Thinking through full teams, it is hard to put a team together without teacon on the team, so I would be willing to lynch him if things went that way. The Percy/Xorxes interaction is giving me a lot of hesitation on both of them.
I don't know, 5 lurkers plus Xorxes? I am pretty sure Fox is scum. Percy is making me mad as each time I re-read him I change my mind.

ND

#4110 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 am

@Rd: I assume that question was to Chippie considering I pushed ET D2?

ND

#4111 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:04 am

@Rd, what do you think about my ET case?

ChippeRock

#4112 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:07 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 am
ChippeRock wrote:
ND wrote:
ET Part 2

Thoughts

##VOTE ET
If I remember well, you were the one completely sure et was town on D2. What changed?
Well, on Day 2 I ruled out his gameplay as "noob town" (and before you blame me for that, NOBODY corrected me - showing how little of my analysis people actually read). Now, if he's claimed to have played "many" Mafia variant games, than I can't rule out his behavior as noob town anymore - and his strange gameplay looks way more scummy now.

ChippeRock

#4113 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:

Well, on Day 2 I ruled out his gameplay as "noob town" (and before you blame me for that, NOBODY corrected me - showing how little of my analysis people actually read). Now, if he's claimed to have played "many" Mafia variant games, than I can't rule out his behavior as noob town anymore - and his strange gameplay looks way more scummy now.
Please note that I also immediately stopped vigorously defending Cruuader the moment it became known that he had played several games before.

ChippeRock

#4114 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:14 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
ND wrote:
ET Part 2

Thoughts

##VOTE ET
Also, if you had bothered to look at my detailed analysis of et vs. Espresso, you would of noted that I read et as weakly moderate town, as proved by the attached read summaries below:
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:12 pm
So, in summary, I read Espresso as moderately strong scum and et as weakly moderate town. Therefore, if I can vote for Espresso without allowing the potential for a tie to occur, than I will. Otherwise, I'll hold onto my vote on a 3rd party.

All of these scum trying to tie this vote... Let's lynch someone for god's sake! Preferably the clearly scummy Espresso!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4115 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 am
@Rd: I assume that question was to Chippie considering I pushed ET D2?
Yes.

ND

#4116 Post by ND » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:22 am

I think based on reads ET is the strongest scum candidate as Part 1 and 2 argue. Stronger than Xorxes although to be fair Xorxes is no spring chicken. He is suspect but not more so than ET.

Fox is muddled. I thought that based on interpretative evidence (TrPrado's first D2 vote and last D2 read) that it indicated a guilty scan on Fox as evident by no change. However, this has been countered somewhat. It's something to go on, but it's vague.

So it really comes down to that for me. That's where I am in thinking about this game.

Durga

#4117 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 am

Sad that my read on ND died so quickly

teacon7

#4118 Post by teacon7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:29 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:27 pm
Did teacon actually just put me as scum...
It's not a horrible read, you're either town PR or scum PR - guess which one is statistically more likely?
You understand that if he isn't Judge the Judge can just stay quiet and choose him tomorrow to be one of his targets? It's an horrible play as scum to fake claim Judge.
Agree. This is, btw, why I said I think neph could be scum, but I wouldn't vote him today.

@Neph - when you claimed, you claimed "PR" not "judge" .... why?

ChippeRock

#4119 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 am

teacon7 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:29 pm

It's not a horrible read, you're either town PR or scum PR - guess which one is statistically more likely?
You understand that if he isn't Judge the Judge can just stay quiet and choose him tomorrow to be one of his targets? It's an horrible play as scum to fake claim Judge.
Agree. This is, btw, why I said I think neph could be scum, but I wouldn't vote him today.

@Neph - when you claimed, you claimed "PR" not "judge" .... why?
He did in fact claim Judge later on...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4120 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:31 am

ND wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:04 am
@Rd, what do you think about my ET case?
About your case, I have to look closely at some things you pointed. I wanted to lynch him instead of EP but I townread him a bit. His EOD wasn't great. His D3 is pretty bad too, so I think there is a decent chance he is scum.

Honestly, I am confused about you and ET. I think one is probably scum if and I am not sure which, so I just don't feel comfortable lynching any of you today, but it's a suggestion for Judge next day.