Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Percy Williams

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3041 Post by Percy Williams » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:14 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:21 pm

ANY OTHER HINTS YOU'D LIKE TO GIVE THE SCUM TEAM?
Really Fox?
I just find it too ironic that Percy responds to Tom's very sensible admonition against PR hunting with ideas for PR hunting.
@Foxcastle, I know it looks like I'm publicly Pr hunting but I'm not. I would explain what I'm doing to actually confuse the Scum team, but that would obviously ruin it, and give scum a lot of helpful information. After the game I'd be happy to explain myself( Or if all Prs die).

Durga

#3042 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm
I stil also can't shake my TrPrado heebee jeebees.
He said something really weird on d2 and it set off like 20 alarm bells.

ChippeRock

#3043 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Detailed reads are easy to fake.

Look for motivation behind posts. Look for reaction.

What do you make of her hard core trying to save EP? Would scum do that? Would town do that? NAI?
I really don't understand how she can be like "See, I'm right! You're an idiot!" when she flip flopped 4 fucking times between the two. At least I ISOed both of them so I could make a vote. How can someone have that kind of confidence about a vote they flip flopped 4 times over. I just can't understand the brainless stupidity.

Not only that, but how does no one understand the logic of the judge? We were losing badly goddammit! If all of the strong town reads were eliminated, there was about a 75% chance that by randomly selecting two lynch candidates at least one of them would be scum. That's a damn good gamble to make.

ChippeRock

#3044 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:32 pm
Don't waste your time Tom
Just like you didn't waste your time making damn detailed reads! Or explaining any of your 4 flip flops between EP and et! You've piggybacked off of other people's ideas this whole damn game! You've provided nothing to this game, and you're playing really safe. Scummy as hell.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3045 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 pm

this is not productive.

I suggest you focus elsewhere. I'm very quite confident she is town, and I think your anger is clouding your judgement on it. For example, you say it is brainless stupidity that she correctly read EP.

Lets move on as this is not helpful. You've made your read clear.

damo666

#3046 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:26 pm
I don't think Chipee is a good wagon tomorrow.
Best discussed after night phase I guess when things should be clearer. I trust Bozo though.

Durga

#3047 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 pm

I hardclaim judge. Please leave me alone

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3048 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Last point. What is the scum motivation for flip flopping 4 times?

ChippeRock

#3049 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:38 pm
this is not productive.

I suggest you focus elsewhere. I'm very quite confident she is town, and I think your anger is clouding your judgement on it. For example, you say it is brainless stupidity that she correctly read EP.

Lets move on as this is not helpful. You've made your read clear.
No, I called it brainless stupidity to flip flop between the two 4 fucking times and than act super obnoxious & cocky when you chose the one that wasn't flipped to reveal town.

ChippeRock

#3050 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 pm
I hardclaim judge. Please leave me alone
Make some reads! How can you get away with no reads for 5 days straight! You've provided almost no new ideas to this game.

ChippeRock

#3051 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
To make it appear like she was having a tough time to decide between the two candidates so when she *finally* settled on someone, she wouldn't be held accountable for her misread on the wrong person (since it was Town v. Town).

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3052 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:44 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
To make it appear like she was having a tough time to decide between the two candidates so when she *finally* settled on someone, she wouldn't be held accountable for her misread on the wrong person (since it was Town v. Town).
Why haven't you wondered the same thing about me or Balki? We both flip flopped, at least mentally for Balki - and with my vote for me. Do you townread us?

It seems like you are trying to set up a lynch rather than solve the game.

Percy Williams

#3053 Post by Percy Williams » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:55 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:17 pm
ND wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:14 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 pm

ET was being noob town. I just can't see noob scum acting the way he did.
K, glad you can't see it and obviously your opinion means so much to me /sarcasm u have now gotten two town players (Bozo/Espresso) lynched.
Against two other town players. Says the Einstein who read Cruuader as "obvious noob scum"...
Actually E.M.C^42 isn't in this game.

ChippeRock

#3054 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:44 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Why haven't you wondered the same thing about me or Balki? We both flip flopped, at least mentally for Balki - and with my vote for me. Do you townread us?

It seems like you are trying to set up a lynch rather than solve the game.
Was this the first time I expressed a scum read on Durga? Do you think flip flopping was my only criteria for scum? No. She has produced no reads for this game (which she claimed in Day 1 that she doesn't do reads on Day 1), all of her thoughts piggyback others' thoughts, she doesn't clearly explain all of her non-policy lynch votes, she's acting like an emotional player when it's ridiculous that an experienced Mafia player would just pout to that extent, and she is posting high volume and no content. It's just fucking unbelievable she's been written off as town and no one's ISOed her.

If she disagrees with my vote on EP, she should destroy the points I made in my detailed analysis.

And if you think I'm not trying to solve the game, than please ISO me - everyone, please do. Try not tunneling and I won't have serious issues with your arguments.

Can someone please bother to read my detailed analysis on why I though Espresso was scummier than et? Critique it please.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3055 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Percy is suspect af btw.

I really dislike going from "So, I finally caught up, and am writing a questions list, but don't want to share it until day 2, to prevent The scum team from choosing a better NK. To clarify, if my questions end up making a town look scummy (because I haven't really made wonderful questions in any past games yet) then posting the questions now could make the scum team not lynch that person."

to

"'m only on page 105 in my catch up so far, but I promised questions:
1. Did Trprado's analysis on you and the accompanying questions make sense? or were there a lot of false assumptions in it?
2.Who all is using new reading methods? If you are, please share if it doesn't ruin the method.
3. Has anyone been posting full reads lists (Besides TrPrado)? I feel like we should do that..."

To me this implies that when he wrote the first thing, he in fact did not have any questions, but that saying so would appease somebody. And then the questions seemingly have no purpose.

Also, don't like how distanced he was about these two wagons

ChippeRock

#3056 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 pm

If anybody votes for me, I would like to see an ISO explaining the vote. That way everyone can understand your logic and decide for themselves whether it holds water or not.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3057 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 pm

What I'm getting at is that Durga has never made a reads post that you are requesting probably in the history of her time playing mafia. I think it is a mistake to base a scumread on that.

Regarding EP, I've expressed why I think the basis of assuming his claim was to out a PR was wrong.

What are your thoughts on Percy?

ChippeRock

#3058 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 pm
Percy is suspect af btw.

I really dislike going from "So, I finally caught up, and am writing a questions list, but don't want to share it until day 2, to prevent The scum team from choosing a better NK. To clarify, if my questions end up making a town look scummy (because I haven't really made wonderful questions in any past games yet) then posting the questions now could make the scum team not lynch that person."

to

"'m only on page 105 in my catch up so far, but I promised questions:
1. Did Trprado's analysis on you and the accompanying questions make sense? or were there a lot of false assumptions in it?
2.Who all is using new reading methods? If you are, please share if it doesn't ruin the method.
3. Has anyone been posting full reads lists (Besides TrPrado)? I feel like we should do that..."

To me this implies that when he wrote the first thing, he in fact did not have any questions, but that saying so would appease somebody. And then the questions seemingly have no purpose.

Also, don't like how distanced he was about these two wagons
#2 isn't even a real question meant to solve this game in my opinion. These don't feel like good questions that would of affected the NK.

ChippeRock

#3059 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 pm
What I'm getting at is that Durga has never made a reads post that you are requesting probably in the history of her time playing mafia. I think it is a mistake to base a scumread on that.

Regarding EP, I've expressed why I think the basis of assuming his claim was to out a PR was wrong.

What are your thoughts on Percy?
I just want a detailed read on somebody. Anybody for god's sake. She has done none of that.

Durga

#3060 Post by Durga » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:12 pm

I don't make large winded reads lists because I think it's a waste of space. I have tons of actual reads on players. I just called Tom town, that is a read. I just said Balki is officially sus. That is a read. I think xorxes is mafia because he usually doesn't lurk like this. That is a read.

Chippe doesn't really understand mafia, and he doesn't understand what contributing is like, nor does he understand what pushing town discussion is like. I don't expect him to understand my play style, because frankly, he doesn't really understand anything.