Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#3181 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:52 am

Literally I joined this game to have fun not to have you be rude to me. I tried giving you an idea why everyone was so mad at you and why it hurst town and you’re acting like I’m horrible. I’m fine with people calling me bad at the game but you’re being for literally no reason

ChippeRock

#3182 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:01 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:52 am
Literally I joined this game to have fun not to have you be rude to me. I tried giving you an idea why everyone was so mad at you and why it hurst town and you’re acting like I’m horrible. I’m fine with people calling me bad at the game but you’re being for literally no reason
Chill out, it was just a joke. Nothing personal against you and no malice intended.

ChippeRock

#3183 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 am

@Balki - after giving your idea that Blind Assassin should kill whoever has the most votes some though, I think it's actually a horrible idea for the Blind Assassin to do that. Scum have no reason not to participate (unless they're lurkers and that contradicts their modus operandi), and right now, scum make up a large block of the votes. As a result, due to the divided opinions among town, scum will literally "divide and conquer", and as a result, the most likely result is that the person who has the most votes is likely town.

This doesn't mean that peoples "votes" aren't important though. We can still make reads off of these "votes", asks questions about these "votes", etc., but I don't think the Blind Assassin should specifically kill only the person who has the most votes. Perhaps choose someone from the top 3 if you want to take our "votes" into consideration, but don't strictly kill the #1 person.

This of course is assuming that since scum have no reason not to participate and they stand to potentially gain from making a fake vote in the "vote" - but I see much reason why either wouldn't be true. It's (statistically) likely that scum is among the people who received "votes" though.

I think any "vote" flips and wagons should be carefully analyzed to help us find scum. And although this comment probably will result in scum NOT doing that by spreading their vote or just not voting at all or not flipping their "vote" - this allows the votes for BA's kill to be mostly uninfluenced by scum, and allows the BA to get a more genuine towny vote count that represents more accurately who town thinks is scum.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3184 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:40 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:28 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:27 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 am
woah woah. You were just townreading xorxes if I remember correctly. What happened?
I think Xorxes D2 can't be town Xorxes. He did a lazy analysis on Espresso and voted with a pretty hedge justification and didn't bother much. I can't believe this is town Xorxes. And with so much noise in the thread I can't see him being lynched.
Explanation for the rb?
To be honest, I forgot the roleblock. Maybe because I don't put much weight on it. Scum could have chosen to don't RB or RBed Dargo or Carl. Our PRs are so weak that I don't know if it's worth to roleblock and generate a clear. But this is WIFOM.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3185 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:45 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 am
@Balki - after giving your idea that Blind Assassin should kill whoever has the most votes some though, I think it's actually a horrible idea for the Blind Assassin to do that. Scum have no reason not to participate (unless they're lurkers and that contradicts their modus operandi), and right now, scum make up a large block of the votes. As a result, due to the divided opinions among town, scum will literally "divide and conquer", and as a result, the most likely result is that the person who has the most votes is likely town.

This doesn't mean that peoples "votes" aren't important though. We can still make reads off of these "votes", asks questions about these "votes", etc., but I don't think the Blind Assassin should specifically kill only the person who has the most votes. Perhaps choose someone from the top 3 if you want to take our "votes" into consideration, but don't strictly kill the #1 person.

This of course is assuming that since scum have no reason not to participate and they stand to potentially gain from making a fake vote in the "vote" - but I see much reason why either wouldn't be true. It's (statistically) likely that scum is among the people who received "votes" though.

I think any "vote" flips and wagons should be carefully analyzed to help us find scum. And although this comment probably will result in scum NOT doing that by spreading their vote or just not voting at all or not flipping their "vote" - this allows the votes for BA's kill to be mostly uninfluenced by scum, and allows the BA to get a more genuine towny vote count that represents more accurately who town thinks is scum.
I have to say I like this post from Chippe. I hope BA don't give a shot about this voting and choose whoever he finds more scummy as considering the two votings we had he had a lot better chance to hit scum.
And maybe scum Balki is trying to influence the BA kill to hit a townie like he influenced the lynch.

et

#3186 Post by et » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:45 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 am

I have to say I like this post from Chippe. I hope BA don't give a shot about this voting and choose whoever he finds more scummy as considering the two votings we had he had a lot better chance to hit scum.
And maybe scum Balki is trying to influence the BA kill to hit a townie like he influenced the lynch.
Thank you Chippe tell me that.
And rdr, I agree with the first half.
But, I think there are profitable suggestion.
BA can read scum well from our vote.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3187 Post by peterlund » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:21 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:34 pm
Apparently replacements are not readily available. I will ##vote EP purely to avoid a modkill and give the GMs a bit more time to find one.
@Peter
any idea as to why Moscow would have done this? Now knowing his alignment?
Were you surprised of his alignment?
What did you think he would have been?
These are the questions teacon asked me when I replaced Vepthys, I think they could give us some good info
I know he hasnt talked much but there has to be something you got from it?
I have noticed that MF's ISO is very short and contains basically nothing of interest, except maybe one vote on you Flav D1 and one vote on EP day 2. He seemed very disengaged in this game and without reading the thread properly, having no real clue, I guess he voted randomly D2 among the 2 choices the Judge gave us. I voted et when I realized that I had to change vote. I noticed that EP was in the lead 9 - 7 over et. By making it more close, I hoped for a more interesting EoD2 with some interesting vote flips that could give us more info on who the scum team might be. To answer your question: No I am not surprised that MF was town since nothing could be read out from his ISO. Reading that it could have been either way.

So far I have read Night 2 only except for the MF ISO (6 messages). I still need to have a closer look at D1, N2 and D2 before I really have some clue about this game before voting begins D3.

ChippeRock

#3188 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:01 am

peterlund wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 am
To answer your question: No I am not surprised that MF was town since nothing could be read out from his ISO. Reading that it could have been either way.
Are you hard claiming town?

damo666

#3189 Post by damo666 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:50 am
@Blind Assassin,

Hey dude. Sorry that you’re blind an all. That sucks.

So, I’d like to start a dialogue. I think it’s pretty clear that you need to work with Town and hunt scum here. It’s now 11-6-1, and the bad guys get another kill. If you kill one of the 11, it could be 9-6-1, and Town could actually be in a spot where if we mislynch we lose. You need to hit Scum. If you don’t, you won’t have any chance to win.

I’d like to suggest that we have a vote during the night phase. You kill whomever has the most votes. You can show us that you’re working with us, and give even more meaning to the votes the next night by actually killing the leading vote getter.

The advantage to this is that Town gets more data to work with, and so we have a better chance of lynching scum during the day and coming back to make this game more balanced. If this game becomes more balanced, you’ll have a chance to win.

Votes for the person who Blind Assassin should kill should be bold and blue so that we all can see them.

##Assassinate TrPrado
Unsure of the merits of this. Couldn't scum manipulate? But then that provides info so maybe not. Oh I dunno. I'd like to see some pros/cons debate before joining in.

et

#3190 Post by et » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
@Blind Assassin,

So, I’d like to start a dialogue. I think it’s pretty clear that you need to work with Town and hunt scum here. It’s now 11-6-1, and the bad guys get another kill. If you kill one of the 11, it could be 9-6-1, and Town could actually be in a spot where if we mislynch we lose. You need to hit Scum. If you don’t, you won’t have any chance to win.

I’d like to suggest that we have a vote during the night phase. You kill whomever has the most votes. You can show us that you’re working with us, and give even more meaning to the votes the next night by actually killing the leading vote getter.

The advantage to this is that Town gets more data to work with, and so we have a better chance of lynching scum during the day and coming back to make this game more balanced. If this game becomes more balanced, you’ll have a chance to win.

Votes for the person who Blind Assassin should kill should be bold and blue so that we all can see them.

##Assassinate TrPrado
Unsure of the merits of this. Couldn't scum manipulate? But then that provides info so maybe not. Oh I dunno. I'd like to see some pros/cons debate before joining in.
I think, scum can manipulate.
But if they try to manipulate, there would be unnatural point.
So, BA(and town) can read players alignment well from that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3191 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
@Blind Assassin,

##Assassinate TrPrado
My take on it is that as long as BA don't take it too seriously it isn't such an idea because force people to at least give one read at night.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3192 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 pm

"it isn't such a bad idea" , I meant.

Foxcastle

#3193 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm

I agree that the BA needs to be playing to help town and hit scum. I do not agree that asking the game to vote on the BA kill is necessarily going to hit scum. None of us is as dumb as all of us. (Some are dumber.)

But I do think putting people on record is a good idea for later analysis.

##ASSASINATE FLAVIUS

The case on Flavius is too neat (he scumslips by knowing too much about Balki, he orders the car bomb because he's under pressure). But I think it's possible he is, and I think it will also help clarify more information about where to look for scum. If he's scum, we look at the Bozo wagon more closely. If he's not, we look at the independent voters more closely.

Does no one else scumread rdrivera?

ChippeRock

#3194 Post by ChippeRock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm
I agree that the BA needs to be playing to help town and hit scum. I do not agree that asking the game to vote on the BA kill is necessarily going to hit scum. None of us is as dumb as all of us. (Some are dumber.)

##ASSASINATE FLAVIUS

The case on Flavius is too neat (he scumslips by knowing too much about Balki, he orders the car bomb because he's under pressure). But I think it's possible he is, and I think it will also help clarify more information about where to look for scum. If he's scum, we look at the Bozo wagon more closely. If he's not, we look at the independent voters more closely.

Information lynch is just a horrible idea. We can no longer afford to do one - we have to gamble and hope that we NK and than lynch scum back to back.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3195 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

##ASSASINATE FLAVIUS

Information lynch is just a horrible idea. We can no longer afford to do one - we have to gamble and hope that we NK and than lynch scum back to back.
I suppose for scum an information lynch isn't such a bad idea....

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3196 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:07 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

##ASSASINATE FLAVIUS

I suppose for scum an information lynch isn't such a bad idea....
In the case an information blind kill. Really hope BA is at least a bit smart.

Foxcastle

#3197 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Panicked insistence that we must kill scum is not actually a plan. Hope is not a strategy.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#3198 Post by TrPrado » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
@Blind Assassin,

##Assassinate TrPrado
Could you please reel us scum? I feel you’ve been floundering around unsure for a while now and it would be nice to see you take a stand on something

xorxes

#3199 Post by xorxes » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:43 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:17 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:05 am
@Chippe -

Can you explain how you reached this conclusion "Considering I'm probably on the top of the list of people for the BA to kill"
These past two mislynches are not reflecting well on me and 3 people have already expressed that they want me lynched on Day 3. It wouldn't be surprising if the BA shared this opinion and/or was one of those 3 people.
The BA won't be killing someone that everyone wants to lynch, because that's someone that gets lynched before them, so I'm skeptical of this voting process. But I'll go with Percy anyway.

xorxes

#3200 Post by xorxes » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:48 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:27 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 am
woah woah. You were just townreading xorxes if I remember correctly. What happened?
I think Xorxes D2 can't be town Xorxes. He did a lazy analysis on Espresso and voted with a pretty hedge justification and didn't bother much. I can't believe this is town Xorxes. And with so much noise in the thread I can't see him being lynched.
I didn't think Espresso was scum, why would I make up a fake case on him? If you think et is scum, why don't you want to see him flip first?