Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#2361 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:10 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 am
But, seeing as you asked, here is my POE

Balki Bartokomous
Connorcompton
Damo666
EspressoPatronum
et
FlaviusAetius
Foxcastle
Moscowfleet
ND
Percy Williams
Rdrivera2005
Squigs44
teacon
TrPrado
xorxes
This hurts MY feelings :cry:

Nephthys

#2362 Post by Nephthys » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:10 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 am
But, seeing as you asked, here is my POE

Balki Bartokomous
Connorcompton
Damo666
EspressoPatronum
et
FlaviusAetius
Foxcastle
Moscowfleet
ND
Percy Williams
Rdrivera2005
Squigs44
teacon
TrPrado
xorxes
This hurts MY feelings :cry:
Can we be friends, then we could be hurt together, and suffering breeds the deepest bonds after all

Durga

#2363 Post by Durga » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am

Ofc we can be friends!! I'll just let xorxes solve the game or whatever

Nephthys

#2364 Post by Nephthys » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:26 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am
Yaaaay

Now I feel happy.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2365 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 am

I think I'm caught up

Tom: I felt it was a bit odd but not too much at first, what's the difference between voting me now and voting me at EOD?

Chippe: What about the Cruaader reveal makes ND look bad to you, exactly? Your interactions with him last night made my eyes bleed so if you could be concise it would be helpful. Also, less essential, why do you always assume the worst in everyone's intentions?

Fox: Why didn't you provide reasons for your scumreads when I asked you? Durga didn't ask why and you gave her reasons :cry:
Also, Carl wasn't the reason I voted for you. I voted for you because I think you're scum. I brought up suggesting lynching you during the night.

Flavius: Mostly a reminder that you have very important questions floating since about midway through D1 around that you need to answer. But also, what about Chippe's behavior do you think is helpful? Please be sure to answer this one because I have a followup. Also, why do you presume an entire wagon that was entirely willing to dissipate is full of faithful actors?

ND: Can you write NOT at length about where Chippe lied? Also, again, do you expect to learn anything new from bozo's last words other than trying to confirm your own long standing read?

Nephthys: The question was more why did you WANT to save me? You pinned me as scum after reading the first 20 pages then pondered which wagon you wanted to join. At EOD you voted for Durga, said "Actually no, Prado lives today. I must support the walls" then afterwards it was getting close to tie and you switched to bozo. You were there for the full last 10-20 minutes, so you had time to consider and it just felt kinda odd in retrospect.

Nephthys

#2366 Post by Nephthys » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:00 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 am
I think I'm caught up

Tom: I felt it was a bit odd but not too much at first, what's the difference between voting me now and voting me at EOD?

Chippe: What about the Cruaader reveal makes ND look bad to you, exactly? Your interactions with him last night made my eyes bleed so if you could be concise it would be helpful. Also, less essential, why do you always assume the worst in everyone's intentions?

Fox: Why didn't you provide reasons for your scumreads when I asked you? Durga didn't ask why and you gave her reasons :cry:
Also, Carl wasn't the reason I voted for you. I voted for you because I think you're scum. I brought up suggesting lynching you during the night.

Flavius: Mostly a reminder that you have very important questions floating since about midway through D1 around that you need to answer. But also, what about Chippe's behavior do you think is helpful? Please be sure to answer this one because I have a followup. Also, why do you presume an entire wagon that was entirely willing to dissipate is full of faithful actors?

ND: Can you write NOT at length about where Chippe lied? Also, again, do you expect to learn anything new from bozo's last words other than trying to confirm your own long standing read?

Nephthys: The question was more why did you WANT to save me? You pinned me as scum after reading the first 20 pages then pondered which wagon you wanted to join. At EOD you voted for Durga, said "Actually no, Prado lives today. I must support the walls" then afterwards it was getting close to tie and you switched to bozo. You were there for the full last 10-20 minutes, so you had time to consider and it just felt kinda odd in retrospect.
You put in more effort than most others. Scum that put in effort have more to read into when they do flip therefore leaving you alive would give me more info that leaving bozo alive. I respected the effort you put in and so on the odds that you're town you could be more useful

ChippeRock

#2367 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:21 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 am
  • The Cruaader reveal just confirms everything else I think about ND. ND practically lurked the first 32 hours - bitching, insulting, and making sarcastic posts that were generally short and really did jack shit for town. Once I called him out for it, he *coincidentally* started posting - and he immediately jumps on Cruuader and you instantly latch onto Cruuader as well. As far as we knew at the time, this was Cruaader's 1st ever game. ND, in my opinion, along with you, completely jumped the gun in voting Cruaader - although he was playing the n00b card heavily, a lot of his behavior could be attributed to him being a noob - and the fact that, out of everybody, ND thought he was the scummiest (and you) is complete bullcrap in my opinion based on the information available to you guys at the time. His arguments with me have started to shift my scum opinion, but I still think there's a decent chance he's scum.
  • Maybe half of the people still in this game have contributed to this game. About 1/3 have essentially lurked their way through this game. There's a lot of stuff that's very odd and scum indicative in my opinion - but it's hard to power through the noise. It's easier to get responses out of people when you start questioning their behavior and remarking how it could possibly fit into scum - additionally, these people haven't given much indication of being town, and this lack of indication makes a scum case stronger.

I wouldn't say that I'm assuming the worst of everyone's intentions - there are several people who I've townread - but I would say I'm assuming the worst of a decent portion of people's intentions, either because no one's questioned their behavior or written them off as town when I think there's potential evidence they're scum. Highlighting this behavior will hopefully get others to look into this behavior and analyze it for themselves - since a new perspective and more experienced eyes (in my only other Mafia game I survived until the middle of Day 2) will hopefully either bring new things up or provide explanations about said behavior or result in the people who're being questioned to provide explanations, which can be analyzed by the others. Avoiding answering those questions makes the players in question seem more suspicious, and results in me asking other questions and trying to get a response out of them.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2368 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am

A quick follow up with Chippe before bed:

So do you think I look worse with the flip as well?
Kind of an aside, but on this particular note I’d totally do it again. Based on the specific things I look at and why, I don’t regret the push, especially because it’s correct more often than not.

Regarding you “highlighting” people’s behavior, I feel it’s important to note that the pessimistic and over the top way you go about it has the opposite effect. People think you’re jumping the gun and are less likely to take you seriously, which is ultimately unhelpful because even if you’re right you’ll have a harder time convincing everyone else of it.

ChippeRock

#2369 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am

Kind of an aside, but on this particular note I’d totally do it again. Based on the specific things I look at and why, I don’t regret the push, especially because it’s correct more often than not.

Regarding you “highlighting” people’s behavior, I feel it’s important to note that the pessimistic and over the top way you go about it has the opposite effect. People think you’re jumping the gun and are less likely to take you seriously, which is ultimately unhelpful because even if you’re right you’ll have a harder time convincing everyone else of it.
You look worse because you quickly jumped onto Cruuader's wagon *immediately* after ND jumped on it. Again, as I've stated before, I think that based on the information present at the time, the Cruuader scum read & vote was just dumb and it really doesn't reflect you in a good light. Additionally, the fact that you jump off of Cruuader's wagon a few hours later is very suspicious - this coupled with your "impulsive" jump onto Cruuader doesn't shed you in a good light in my opinion.

I don't disagree that, with the additional information that Cruuader provided, reading Cruuader as scum was completely justified (which is why I haven't jumped onto teacon's case about it - there was a big indicator from Cruuader before that that he had played Mafia before), but my issue is the impulsiveness to jump on Cruuader's wagon and overall very bad & scummy looking scumread of Cruuader when the information that would back that read wasn't available at the time.

Jamiet99uk

#2370 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 am

ATTENTION

"ORDER IN COURT!"

The judge banged his gavel to attract everyone's attention.

"This bench trial is taking too long. There are too many suspects. I have a headache listening to you all. Penalty!" he exclaimed.

"For the rest of today's proceedings," he continued, "I will only consider two suspects.... ET and ESPRESSO PATRONUM!"

THE JUDGE HAS ACTIVATED THEIR POWER.

FOR THE REST OF THIS DAY, ONLY VOTES FOR ET or ESPRESSO PATRONUM WILL BE COUNTED.

NOTE: Connorcompton, damo666, et, MoscowFleet, Nephthys, Percy Williams, rdrivera2005, and teacon7 had NOT voted at the point the JUDGE activated.

Therefore these players still need to vote to meet the "must vote" rule.

The other players had cast valid votes. They may vote again (but only for Et or Espresso) if they choose.

Note also: Because the rule says ONLY votes for these two targets are counted, you may not vote No Lynch today.

Jamiet99uk

#2371 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:26 am

VOTE COUNT 2.2:

NOBODY is set to be lynched. 32 and a half hours remain.

Jamiet99uk

#2372 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:33 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 am

It's literally called a day kill. But, even though I view it as common sense, I suppose there might be a smidge of vagueness to it (since that's not specifically mentioned), so ##CALL GM Can Assasin use the Mafia Day Kill during both day & night or just during the day?
GM NOTE: Sorry, not sure if this was answered. The answer is that the CAR BOMB must be activated during a DAY phase. It explodes at EoN but it must be placed during the day.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2373 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:36 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:10 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 am
Guys, I want to win. Let’s do better. We’re down 4-0. Need to turn this around now.

Agreed. I feel really lost this game. At this point I usually feel like I have several really strong townreads, but I don't even really have that.

I'm hoping fresh eyes tomorrow will help.
I think Tom rolled scum this time. This is so surface level.

damo666

#2374 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 am

Sorry, missed last 36 hours. Billion pages to catch up on.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2375 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 am
Balki and Furga

Do you have any thoughts on Rivera? He always goes under the radar. He has left no impression on me whatsoever thus far
actually yeah, he's being nice to me, and town rdr is like never nice to me. i don't know if i've said that yet but it was in my thoughts a while ago
You hurt my feelings with this comment. I wasn't nice with you only in one game where I really get upset. And after that I took a little break and started to play a lot more relaxed.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2376 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:51 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:02 am
People need to re-evaluate their town reads on Durga. She's provided not much for town. She refused to provide during the first day - stating she doesn't do that day 1 - and than came out with a last hour read on Neph (out of the blue, somehow not attaining reads on anybody else or going back to look at others' posts). She voted only for policy lynches for the majority of day 1, that is until the last hour or so. Her final vote ends up being Flav - who she has stated no reason to think he's scummy, but provides the same reason ND is latching onto me for (why don't you analyze her game ND??). She's (bluff) voted for me twice - supposedly based on emotion - and I still don't understand why she bothered voting to #/ End when she ended up switching the vote anyways - I get it's a bluff vote, but the end vote is really unnecessary. Her whole game is high volume, low content, and she has provided almost no detailed reads! Not only that, her whole game just feels like she's playing safe!
Durga claimed Jail (and no one counter claimed, so we can assume it's true). Why would scum or SK claim jailed with the Jailer dead and one death not happening? It makes no sense at all. Durga is the most close to a clear we actually have.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2377 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:54 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:26 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am
Yaaaay

Now I feel happy.
##vote Nephthys

It looks so unnatural.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2378 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:55 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 am
ATTENTION

"ORDER IN COURT!"

The judge banged his gavel to attract everyone's attention.

"This bench trial is taking too long. There are too many suspects. I have a headache listening to you all. Penalty!" he exclaimed.

"For the rest of today's proceedings," he continued, "I will only consider two suspects.... ET and ESPRESSO PATRONUM!"

THE JUDGE HAS ACTIVATED THEIR POWER.

FOR THE REST OF THIS DAY, ONLY VOTES FOR ET or ESPRESSO PATRONUM WILL BE COUNTED.

NOTE: Connorcompton, damo666, et, MoscowFleet, Nephthys, Percy Williams, rdrivera2005, and teacon7 had NOT voted at the point the JUDGE activated.

Therefore these players still need to vote to meet the "must vote" rule.

The other players had cast valid votes. They may vote again (but only for Et or Espresso) if they choose.

Note also: Because the rule says ONLY votes for these two targets are counted, you may not vote No Lynch today.
Come on Judge, what the hell you are thinking?

Jamiet99uk

#2379 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:56 am

GM NOTE

Rdrivera, that vote is not valid. You have only two vote options today.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2380 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am

You look worse because you quickly jumped onto Cruuader's wagon *immediately* after ND jumped on it. Again, as I've stated before, I think that based on the information present at the time, the Cruuader scum read & vote was just dumb and it really doesn't reflect you in a good light. Additionally, the fact that you jump off of Cruuader's wagon a few hours later is very suspicious - this coupled with your "impulsive" jump onto Cruuader doesn't shed you in a good light in my opinion.

I don't disagree that, with the additional information that Cruuader provided, reading Cruuader as scum was completely justified (which is why I haven't jumped onto teacon's case about it - there was a big indicator from Cruuader before that that he had played Mafia before), but my issue is the impulsiveness to jump on Cruuader's wagon and overall very bad & scummy looking scumread of Cruuader when the information that would back that read wasn't available at the time.
First time I think you are into something Chippe, people who quicky jumped into Cruuader are scummy. But now we can't go after this...