Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
et

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#2161 Post by et » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm

RIP Carl and dargo.
@Squigs
Please tell me why you voted boz.
I think you thought flav as priorscum.

xorxes

#2162 Post by xorxes » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:59 pm
Just Iso'd and reread Fox and I actually don't find him all that scummy. Yes, he seemed rather indifferent during EoD, but he made it clear well before EoD that Flav was his number one option but that lynching a lurker was also a fine lynch for him, and gave his reasoning behind it. The only red flag I see with Fox is that he is playing cautiously, so possible SK there, but overall I would put him at slight town.
Why is "cautiously" more indicative of SK than of scum?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2163 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:54 pm

xorxes wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:59 pm
Just Iso'd and reread Fox and I actually don't find him all that scummy. Yes, he seemed rather indifferent during EoD, but he made it clear well before EoD that Flav was his number one option but that lynching a lurker was also a fine lynch for him, and gave his reasoning behind it. The only red flag I see with Fox is that he is playing cautiously, so possible SK there, but overall I would put him at slight town.
Why is "cautiously" more indicative of SK than of scum?
The only memory I have of Fox as scum is when he very very aggressively went after me in I think the Wakanda game. That's a meta argument, but overall I have found that scum will be more assertive since they have teammates whereas SK needs to survive the whole game. Additionally the SK doesn't want to draw the NK cause at that point he is outted to the Mafia team, so a more cautious approach will help there as well.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2164 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 pm

et wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm
RIP Carl and dargo.
@Squigs
Please tell me why you voted boz.
I think you thought flav as priorscum.
I originally scumread Flav in like the first two hours of the game. However, after the middle portion of day 1, he was being assertive in his arguments against Balki and looked like he was putting real emotion into the game, and I thought he looked better. Thus, when it came down to the last hour of the day and my votes on Tom and MoscowFleet both ended up being pointless, I voted my slightscum read Bozo over my now slight town read Flav.

I just got done doing a re-read of Flav though, and I am leaning back towards the scum side for Flav. His death would certainly give us a lot of information, especially if he is mafia, but I am still trying to sort through things to see what the best decision is here.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2165 Post by TrPrado » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:29 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:15 pm

+

+

==?

These are not exactly the same things, but this looks like TrPrado opportunistically using the reads of a dead townie to push a lynch on me, and then turning around and harshing on ND for the same thing.

##VOTE TRPRADO while I go take a real look.
It’s called a segue. I also said reading into night kills is an exercise in futility. I stand by everything I say.
While you're correct about what you said, I'm not talking about reading into the NK, though. You're using a dead player's reads to push a case. Those are two different things. But why the contradiction with ND using a dead player's reads to push a case?
“Reads” and “last words” aren’t the same?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2166 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:01 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Explain PLEASE why you lied about all of that
Just for your reaction ;)
WHAT?
That makes no sense whatsoever, you had no idea I was going to think what you did was bad(the gut reactions) then love what your 'dude' did after you explained it, and then start doing it myself
It makes plenty of sense. Reaction posting is primo.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2167 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Explain PLEASE why you lied about all of that
WHAT?
That makes no sense whatsoever, you had no idea I was going to think what you did was bad(the gut reactions) then love what your 'dude' did after you explained it, and then start doing it myself
Oh, did you not see the post where I rescinded my comment that it was a lie? He is real

Foxcastle

#2168 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 am

TrPrado wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 pm

It’s called a segue. I also said reading into night kills is an exercise in futility. I stand by everything I say.
While you're correct about what you said, I'm not talking about reading into the NK, though. You're using a dead player's reads to push a case. Those are two different things. But why the contradiction with ND using a dead player's reads to push a case?
Bozo’s last words were his reads. That’s pretty clear.

FlaviusAetius

#2169 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 am

@Squigs
My bad, I meant darg

I had Tom on my mind because thats who I was reading at the time and how he thought Carl was the mafia kill.

So we have two kills last night
One Carl
The other Darg
The Blind Assasin wants to kill scum as much as we do, since thats an unknown factor, he cant control
If we take Tom's side and say Carl was the mafia kill
Then what about darg was connected to the mafia?
We also know this clears Foxcastle since Foxcastle was setting up for the lynch on Carl as he was his prime suspect as EoD, and Foxcastle was putting a lot of effort into it

If we take the alternative;
If Darg is the mafia kill
and Carl was the blind assasin kill
Then we know Foxastle's ideas got screwed up since he was going to pin Carl down
(carl got a lot of pressure during the night phase from people)

The Blind Assasin is obviously not going to tell us his motives, but on the first, I cant find a motive for killing darg.
I can find a motive for killing Carl though, and that was to end the pressure on him.

Which is why I disagree with Tom that Carl was the mafia kill, Darg was. Fox's plans got screwed up, the blind assassin was active at night band knew Carl was going to be in trouble the next day.

I still think TrPrado is scum, but I also think this confirms Foxcastle is SCUM too.

Jamiet99uk

#2170 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:04 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:46 pm
##GM Call
peterbot doesnt let me look at any Night 1 posts
##Call GM
^not sure how to do it hopefully one of those work
I have just looked at the Peterbot. It is allowing me to view N1 posts quite normally. Please check carefully and try again.

Note that the Peterbot, while useful, is an unofficial aid. If it's not working, that's not my problem.

FlaviusAetius

#2171 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:06 am

ALSO to anyone who says 'dont use night kills' what are you even talking about??
We need to use EVERY WORD, EVERY VOTE, EVERY KILL, EVERY LYNCH as EVIDENCE
We need to outsmart the mafia and come up with the story of why it happened

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2172 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:07 am

I think Flav just townslipped. Also some others may have as well near the beginning of the day, I'm gonna go reread that.

FlaviusAetius

#2173 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:07 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Squigs44 wrote:

WHAT?
Oh, did you not see the post where I rescinded my comment that it was a lie? He is real
Oh

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2174 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:15 am

Yeah I think Tom and Durga both townslipped. Although Durga's almost seemed like she was fishing for someone to notice the townslip. I don't think any of the slips are clearing at all, but something to keep in mind.

ND

#2175 Post by ND » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 am

Foxcastle wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

And Bing-o was his Name-o

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2176 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:21 am

Foxcastle wrote:
TrPrado wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

And what weight does the read of a D1 VT mislynch hold?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2177 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:22 am

Hey, so...

RIP Darg, RIP Carl, you suck misspelled Crusader.

I am not caught up. Sorry about that. I've kind of skimmed from my phone and read the EON results. Crazy work thing today. And unfortunately I have another crazy work thing tomorrow. I'm going to try to put as much effort as I can into the thread this evening, but I'm kinda tired and worn out.

##CALL GM - it's hard to tell what is flavor and what is a communication about the game state. It looks like the car bomb was used, but the rules at the start of the game are not clear about the car bomb. Can you tell us the rules of the car bomb? Does it have to be used the prior day, or can it be used during the night? Does town get to know to whom the car bomb was directed, or is that purposefully ambiguous?

Looks like Scum used two kills and targeted Darg and Carl, though that's not totally clear. I think that the only ways that the NK could have not fired would be if scum targeted jailed person, if Assassin were jailed, or if scum targeted Blind Assassin. So, looks likely that Assassin did not try to make a kill last night, maybe to avoid Reporter? That's my best guess.

If mafia targeted Darg and Carl, that is mildly surprising to me. The Darg kill especially. Though, maybe they figured out that he was Bailiff some way, or suspected he was a PR.

Blind Assassin: I think it's clear that your best strategy now is to use your kills to hunt for scum. We have four dead townies already, we just lost perhaps our best PR, and I feel like scum are well ahead. If Scum keep rolling, you'll find it very difficult to get down to the final 3. You need a balanced game, which means you need to use your kills to flip some scum for us. Please do that.

I took a closer look at Flavius before the night ended, and I think I may have been wrong about him. The vibe I am getting from the thread is that there are a lot of emotional Town on Town slugfests. ND, Chippe, Flavius -- I am seeing genuine frustration and emotion here. Could be wrong. But I just don't see it as tactical strategy, and I don't see people who are trying to avoid attention. I don't want to lynch any of these people today, even if it might unclutter the thread.

I'm really not sure who I want to lynch. I feel like I need to read more after those flips to figure that out. But, just kind of my current mindset on that: Foxy, Prado, Percy, Nepthys. Those are the people that I have in my head as most likely scum right now.

Going to spend some time now catching up on the last several pages.

One more thing. Right now we're at 12 v. 6 v. 1. That is a lot of scum, and not that many townies. It's going to be really hard to lynch correctly this turn just because we don't have that big of a majority any more, and we don't have any clear townies. But...it would be really good to lynch right today. I'd say, somewhat critical. So, if a Judge is thinking about using your power, I think this is a good time to do that.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2178 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:27 am

For anyone who didn't read the flavor like I originally didn't, the flavor says that Mike (AKA the bailiff, AKA darg) was killed by a car bomb (AKA the assassin).

ChippeRock

#2179 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:33 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:22 am
##CALL GM - it's hard to tell what is flavor and what is a communication about the game state. It looks like the car bomb was used, but the rules at the start of the game are not clear about the car bomb. Can you tell us the rules of the car bomb? Does it have to be used the prior day, or can it be used during the night? Does town get to know to whom the car bomb was directed, or is that purposefully ambiguous?
This was addressed when Jamiet answered my question about it. The answer is yes, a car bomb exploded that night. Therefore, the Mafia Assasin used his day kill - which kills at the EoN (I mean, it's a bomb). Cruaader was modkilled.

I mapped out the 3 possible scenarios that would explain the night in this post of mine.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2180 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:36 am

Ok. I don't understand anything. Maybe I'm being an idiot.

It says right in the into post that the assassin has a day kill and it happens immediately. How are we even considering there were two mafia kills?