M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#301 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:02 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 am
@teacon. As promised, I had a look through to figure out my thoughts on emc.
Thanks!
EspressoPatronum wrote:
While some of his posts have an edge of banter/spam to them, I found a lot of them to be contributing to the discussion.
Agreed.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
#227 - this post was his "hedgy" post, as someone pointed out. Nothing incriminating imo, but it may be useful later on as we compile more evidence for/against emc.
Again, agreed. fwiw, and maybe this is my ignorance of php forms... is there a way to search for posts by post number?
EspressoPatronum wrote:
#247 was very interesting. I think two possibilities flow from this post:
First, it makes emc appear as a thoughtful town. Even though he was under some town pressure (note - this has mostly subsided in favour of Percy and ND, according to the vote bot), he seems to have a cool head.
Second, the other side of this coin is that he's trying to APPEAR as a thoughtful town to remove the heat.
yeah I dunno. I could see both newbie town interested in self-preservation, or also hedgy scared scum. I'm leaning the latter rn, and was trying to figure out his connection to ND.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Feigning thoughtfulness and/or indecision is a classic mafia move in irl games, and I'm sure it's the same on forum.
It is here too, but it's hard to distinguish from thoughtful town. I basically won't explain more of this in case you rolled scum and are fishing for advice.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
If I were in emc's position and I were town, I would very likely be pushing for whoever had the most votes. From a cost/benefit analysis, it's you (a confirmed town) versus an unknown.... that's a safe pick every time.
Maybe. But what if he had an actual scumread? CBA could mitigate against self-preservation in cases where someone's got a strong scumread.
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Again, I don't think any of the above is incriminating per se, but it's worth noting.
Agreed. D1 is lots of guesswork anyway.

Advice: be online if you can around EoD. Things happen as the timer runs out. Glad you're here.

Percy Williams

#302 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 am

ND wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm
xorxes wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm
ND wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 pm

U won't find any examples of me bussing. Never happened once and Xorxes knows that. He's freaking played scum with me on same team before he know's I don't do that. When he threw that out there early game I was like wtf this guy knows better and it's disinfo. Scum do dinfo. I don't ever. smh.
Haha, yes, I'm an expert on ND meta and I was purposefully misinforming about it.

The only good thing that could come out of you trying to lynch me is that maybe scum think I could be lynched at some point and they don't kill me N1...
lol bro plz that is some big fat baloney rite there.If you stay alive long time it's cause you scum not bcoz you town. Straight up fact.

If this is a "fact" then it is impossible for town to win. We all need to give up guys, and discontinue mafia. It's a straight up fact.

ND

#303 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:15 am

Bye you are the weakest link ##VOTE EspressoPatronum

----

As for Tea-cup let me paraphrase k?

@ALL: HEY EVERYONE WAT U DINK BOUT ND LOL? I GOT A HARD ON FOR ND LOOK AT ME

@ALL: Let's policy a lurker rofl. Oh shit people question me. Drop it like yesterday gf.

----

As for DERGNA

HI ND IS BAD haha (disappears from the thread except to pop in and make snide comments)

What a loser. Worst mafia player ever imo.

------

ESPRESSO

-/JUMP ON ND/--
Justify it as ND being nice to DERNA and OH ND IS TOO NICE AND SPAMMY AND WEIRD he is easy pickin for me hehe

Total Scum bag Mafia Man right here. 100% confirmed.

-----

VASHTA

HI I SEE THE GAME

K?

BYE

----

EMC

LETS PEE TOGETHER FOR FLAIR ND
(to be fair he is getting a bit better idk)
----

XORXES

Gonna lie bout ND some he always busses people he is scum cause he busses /gets called out/ OOPS I FORGOT hhaha what a scumbag

----

VAPOR

OH ND played in that game with Ezio/EMC alien he was lynched for being bad then too! Proven lied by me. Bcoz I gm that game. BUT OH NO ND THAT COMMENT WAS SPAM NOT ANALYSIS WTF?

---

DAMO

OOPS I am trapped in the ND tunnel. He's scum for muh reasons. Derp Drugna said so lol. Or whatever the heck that nutcase is saying.

----

Like seriously, what the heck people? I spend most of the day calling out these lies. Calling out these morons. And tea dump spends all night asking everyone about me while voting someone else? People hedging me looking to cash in on a quick D1 wagon to save their own ass? People saying I am spamming the game thread? Please, my insight is too above all of you. You can't get past the syntax. You can't get past the oddness because you want to find a reason to vote for an easy target. That's what's make's you bad. You choose to go for something easy instead of something more intangible. Instead of a case on someone blending in you buzz around like a fly attracted to oddity. Finding the truth is the god damn point of the game. I give you an easy out and you fucking take it like a beggar. Like someone who has never played this before and has no clue what to do. Like some amateur hour novice in the red light district. Damn, I am beyond disappointed in all of you.

This is downright awful play by almost all of you. There are like just a small handful of people that get what's up. These three are the town rock: 1) Bozo, 2) Moscow, 3) maybe Percy 4) probably Rd.

Wow. This is truly sad.

Call me the God Damn Sensei because you people freaking need it. Jesus Christ.

ND

#304 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:18 am

I had to drop some mad truth there people. You idiots need it. God. I got like less than 24 hours to live now and I just had to air my thoughts. refer back to that god damn gold mine of a post when you are lost in the wilderness late game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#305 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:51 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 am

EST time zone.

Re: my early thoughts on ND, see the posts in which I vote for him.
Put briefly, I am comfortable voting ND for two reasons:
1. His gameplay is erratic. Whether this is normal for his game or not, I don't find it very useful. It's a huge plus if we vote him out and he's scum. Even if we vote him out and he's town, we still cut someone who wasn't providing a lot of substance.
2. Trying to butter ppl up is a red flag. I'm not sure how normal it is in forum games, but I find it suspect if people rely on "gut feelings" to clear town. His whole, "I feel like Durga is town" seemed like a weak attempt at taking some heat off him.

Not many thoughts on emc yet. I'll reread the posts and get back to you. Any posts +/ pages that stand out?
Ok, you said ND play is not usefull, so you don't mind lynching him. I don't fully agree with it, but for the sake of the discussion suppose you are right. What kind of play you find usefull?
The useful play that jumps to mind is the following:
- probing questions + their responses
- comment/analysis of players
- information on self and/or others
- reasons for your stance or vote
- comments that further the discussion, in general

I would say the following is not useful:
- spam
- silence

There is admittedly a lot of gray area, as those categories are fairly subjective and broad. That being said, ND's play appears to fall mostly into spam and comments that do not further the discussion.

I recently asked ND to compile a post that would tick a lot of the 'useful' points I listed above. If he does that + it is persuasive and/or someone else appears more sus, I am more than willing to change my vote.

Out of curiosity, where would you draw the line one useful/not useful?
I don't think there is a clear line, but I would include gathering reactions on the usefull list and this is exactly what ND have done. His play gathered reactions and votes and if/when he flips we get more info, like if he is town we might have some opportunistic scum votes and if he is scum his teammates probably are trying to detach from him.
I think this is a lot more useful then players like Percy, Durga, Vashta and Damo for example.

ND

#306 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 am

and omg I am the post leader. This is like the first time ever. I am so happy.

Percy Williams

#307 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 3:23 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 pm
##VOTE Percy, trying to make him use his tongue more

too reserved, too much in the background
Sorry, I was unexpectedly busy today.
Posting my reads from this part of the thread and before:
Loving Moscow so far, really made a town showing.
ND really could be either way, he has that style Brainbomb has imitated, where he's just really out there and a bit spammy. I agree with Moscow, It ain't worth lynching him yet, he'll post enough to have a good slip up eventually if he is scum.

Rdrivera seemed real shifty at first but has kind of redeemed himself. Right now I give him a solid Maybe.

Espresso could pull a flavius, and noob scum to victory, but I feel pretty town from him, earnestly trying to figure out what's going on, so they can start catching scum.
I'll

teacon7

#308 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:23 am

okay ND, I'll admit, I laughed out loud while reading that post.

ND

#309 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 am
-snip

I don't think there is a clear line, but I would include gathering reactions on the usefull list and this is exactly what ND have done. His play gathered reactions and votes and if/when he flips we get more info, like if he is town we might have some opportunistic scum votes and if he is scum his teammates probably are trying to detach from him.
I think this is a lot more useful then players like Percy, Durga, Vashta and Damo for example.
Damn straight this guy gets it.

Percy Williams

#310 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 pm
was I right or wrong? Someone quote me who was the guy that everyone (including scum) pushed hard for because he hardclaimed alien in a game where emc was the real alien?

those of you with elephant memory, show yourselves
Wasn't it Ezio?

ND

#311 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 am

teacon7 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:23 am
okay ND, I'll admit, I laughed out loud while reading that post.
I h ope it made you dink cause u need it bro if you are town

teacon7

#312 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 am

@ND
I scumread emc. Wanted him to commit to some thoughts on you, as a reaction or to see if you're scum together or what.

I asked you about policying lurkers and you never answered.

teacon7

#313 Post by teacon7 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:28 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:23 am
I'll
...you gonna finish that thought?

ND

#314 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 am

@Tea: Yes Tea, policy lynching lurkers is bad. It's a scum tactic allows scum to go for an easy target as in someone who hasn't posted. Just because they don't post doesn't mean they are scum. You are murdering someone without giving them chance to speak. It's D1. If they are still being a Vashta d3 then you worry and it's more reasonable than 24 hours into the game.

ND

#315 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 am

Yes, yes, yes, okay I understand your point about nailing EMC's thoughts down @Tea

Durga

#316 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 am

Yo I'm so sure about this guys ##vote ND

Durga

#317 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 3:35 am

Actually I'm not that sure about it. But let's lynch him anyway.

ND

#318 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 am

I am a martyr, a holy man, a man who will give his life to save the town. This is my destiny and my purpose. Like Sensei I go to meet my fate. Let's all join hands and walk to that day of jubilee when the mafia are defeated.

The mafia will wash over me with their vile votes and blight my body with their scum ooze but in the end when they are vanquished my body will be renewed like that of our savior, the savior of America, and the world, Mr. President Trump and I shall be whole again.

I shall see you all again on the other side of the river. And together we will make Maine great again.

ND

#319 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:37 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 am
Yo I'm so sure about this guys ##vote ND
Derp lol confirmed sadist and moron right there folks

ND

#320 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 3:40 am

I actually laughed at that bcoz I just knew she would jump on me. Every game. Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter. She just votes for me. If I actually do survive this phase (doubt it) she will end probably every phase on me. Straight up fact.

Am I rite or what Derpna?