MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#1481 Post by ND » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:43 pm

##GM NOTE
In the game start post I clearly said that I am the principal GM. Attorney has since been replaced by Dargorygel in that post (thank you admins). I’ll elaborate a little more on this below. Also, I stated in that post that if there is unclarity please look to *my* post as the official answer. This applies going forward as it has applied thus far.

As to Jamie’s query. As per rule 6: “To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics. Players may not doctor, and create fake game related mechanics. Players may not share personal correspondence between GM to player under any circumstances. The GM will not confirm any claims, or adjudicate based upon anything that could easily be sorted out through questioning and evidentiary circumstance.”

Thus, I cannot confirm anything nor can any private personal correspondence be shared.

However, I can say this. Attorney had a low involvement in pre-game setup and only came up with one item as well as a few minor tweaks the rest was left to me as was everything else involving the preparing of the game. He also had a very low to virtually non-existent hand in GMing beyond one or two posts the first 24 hours. And was MIA after that to my knowledge until he was fired/resigned and was replaced. Anything he has said privately or done that contradicts what I wrote in the game start post or any other post especially in regards to order of adjudication, an item description, a role description, etc is considered invalid. My answer regarding those items, roles, and order of adjudication is the correct answer.

I hope this helps.

Jamiet99uk

#1482 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Also if Ezio is correct about Attorney's GM message to him, then it makes total sense that Ezio didn't fear having the gun stolen from him by the Item Thief - because he would have genuinely thought he'd be able to fire it during N1 before EoN took place.

Jamiet99uk

#1483 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:45 pm

That doesn't help very much, ND, I'm afraid - however I understand and respect why as lead GM you've decided not to say more.

Huh. Not sure what to make of this now.

Jamiet99uk

#1484 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Ok well, I have no reason to believe that Ezio would lie about getting a PM from Attorney saying what Ezio claims it said.

I therefore assume Ezio did indeed have the Alien Raygun.

If this is not the case, the person who really had the gun should probably cc Ezio's claim now.

However, I still think that Ezio is scum. Otherwise how do we explain the fact that the Item Thief did not steal Ezio's weapon?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1485 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Frankly I don't think that a GM would use flavor that could be confused for an item in order to modkill someone, and nobody else has countered Ezio's claim of the gun or its use, so I'm inclined to believe Ezio's story at this point.

Ezio

#1486 Post by Ezio » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Ok well, I have no reason to believe that Ezio would lie about getting a PM from Attorney saying what Ezio claims it said.

If this is not the case, the person who really had the gun should probably cc Ezio's claim now.

However, I still think that Ezio is scum. Otherwise how do we explain the fact that the Item Thief did not steal Ezio's weapon?
Scum WIFOM'd themselves out of the theft? This is why I asked you if it changed your thoughts on me.

If I had been lying about having the gun and had a shit item/an item that was used earlier in the game it would have wasted item Thief.

If someone like Xorxes was scum who thought my claims were just a 50/50 crapshoot they could have decided they were better off just getting an extra item

Jamiet99uk

#1487 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:05 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Scum WIFOM'd themselves out of the theft? This is why I asked you if it changed your thoughts on me.

If I had been lying about having the gun and had a shit item/an item that was used earlier in the game it would have wasted item Thief.

If someone like Xorxes was scum who thought my claims were just a 50/50 crapshoot they could have decided they were better off just getting an extra item
Perhaps.

You're still a good lynch today though.

Jamiet99uk

#1488 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:49 pm
Frankly I don't think that a GM would use flavor that could be confused for an item in order to modkill someone, and nobody else has countered Ezio's claim of the gun or its use, so I'm inclined to believe Ezio's story at this point.
"flavour that could be confused for an item" ??

What is Bo_Sox talking about?

Jamiet99uk

#1489 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:14 pm

The question was about when the Alien Ray Gun was processed if it is fired at night, Bo.

Nothing at all to do with flavour.

Nephthys

#1490 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:05 am
@emc - I know you hate doing it, but give me a couple reads here. Who do you have as most towny/most scummy?
just gut feeling, okay

I can do this XD

for townleaning;
vecna (w/o wifom), I like his live interactions better than not
rdr, although this is kinda really surface-level, as he actually contributed with questions, and more than "aight there's a beach and shit, cya later"
and Ezio since I kinda feel like he's just giddy that for once, he can't get shot lol - rather than actively being detrimental

for a little scumleaning; vecna (with wifom), and vapor at times feels a little bit...overboard? but it might be just me.

and idk if Moscow is just really busy/gone, or intentionally being mia, but he feels meh regardless, really do hope he doesn't have to get subbed out since I want to see him actually play xD

can't tell about bo, so guess he's staying null
Turns out you didn't learn anything from before though

Very underwhelmed by these reads.

Vecna both a town and scum read

rdr a townread for out of game considerations and also for being different from a game when he was town?

Ezio for reasons you said you hadn't had experience with before

Vapor isn't scum

Moscow for out of game reasons plus not really even giving a read on him

bo as a null gives me :? as well. What makes you say you can't tell. Walk me through your thoughts
This is why we should seriously consider lynching emc, this is textbook first scum reads and his treatment of Vecna remains so odd that I think if one is scum they both are.

Nephthys

#1491 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:39 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:31 pm
Lol okay emc.

I really am curious to know your thoughts on bo that make him null
As for bo, I can't remember reading him in old games lol
and haven't had time recently to find ones to read

from purely judging what he's done so far in this game, I'd lean town
but at the same time there's this niggling feeling of first game Neph XD

haven't been able to narrow down why or what as of yet, so he's null :P
What even is first game Neph?

thamrick

#1492 Post by thamrick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 pm
thamrick wrote:
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm

just gut feeling, okay

I can do this XD

for townleaning;
vecna (w/o wifom), I like his live interactions better than not
rdr, although this is kinda really surface-level, as he actually contributed with questions, and more than "aight there's a beach and shit, cya later"
and Ezio since I kinda feel like he's just giddy that for once, he can't get shot lol - rather than actively being detrimental

for a little scumleaning; vecna (with wifom), and vapor at times feels a little bit...overboard? but it might be just me.

and idk if Moscow is just really busy/gone, or intentionally being mia, but he feels meh regardless, really do hope he doesn't have to get subbed out since I want to see him actually play xD

can't tell about bo, so guess he's staying null

rdr a townread for out of game considerations and also for being different from a game when he was town?

Vapor isn't scum

bo as a null gives me :? as well. What makes you say you can't tell. Walk me through your thoughts
This is why we should seriously consider lynching emc, this is textbook first scum reads and his treatment of Vecna remains so odd that I think if one is scum they both are.
You had me until this line. You're gonna have to do more to link them as s/s than what I've seen you say so far. I can see it from the emc side, but I actually think that Vecna doesn't interact with emc the way he has as scum.

Nephthys

#1493 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:45 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:42 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 pm
thamrick wrote:

Vapor isn't scum

You had me until this line. You're gonna have to do more to link them as s/s than what I've seen you say so far. I can see it from the emc side, but I actually think that Vecna doesn't interact with emc the way he has as scum.
Honestly I think that gives it even more power I would be shocked if two scum with a daychat consistently both were super awkward to each other

e.m.c^42

#1494 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:56 pm

I have to ask, what's awkward about me/vecna? :D

Nephthys

#1495 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 pm

So re-reading EMC the thing that keeps getting me is that there isn't much progressing content.

A lot of very surface interaction with other people and mechanic based stuff. Early on seems very interested in hunting the alien although there was a lot of discussion on it.

His votes though is what really gets me, at 4 minutes he votes me saying that this is the first time voting off wagon. Then 2 minutes later he switches to a leading town wagon (damo).

1. Why vote off wagon at 4 minutes to go?
2. What changed your mind and who told you on scumchat to change your vote?

Then his reads list just posted was pretty average as tham pointed out

Nephthys

#1496 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 pm

##vote emc

e.m.c^42

#1497 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm
the overall style feeling I got from him in the cult mafia game iirc XD

but now I'm pretty sure it's likely I just internalized something that was said about it being ooc for him somewhere in the thread

(if you hadn't asked me to just gut read, I would've put him as townleaning lmfao)

Nephthys

#1498 Post by Nephthys » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:10 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm
the overall style feeling I got from him in the cult mafia game iirc XD

but now I'm pretty sure it's likely I just internalized something that was said about it being ooc for him somewhere in the thread

(if you hadn't asked me to just gut read, I would've put him as townleaning lmfao)
oh yikes, dont remind me, that was a horrendous game

e.m.c^42

#1499 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:29 pm

ooo Neph

#proudofgettingvoted
#senpainoticedme

that asides,

for one, I'm pretty sure I was saying "let's not specifically try to find alien now and wait for later" early on XD

as in regards to voting, it was a combination of me not knowing the actual votecount without bot, not wanting particularly to vote ezio or ike on day 1, sees thamrick say the same thing, thinks "oh phew I'm not alone, might as well try actually voting based on what I think instead of just voting whoever everyone else piles on", posts, scrolls up to check missed posts and seeing Jamie say "emc up to you to break tie", oh shit, refresh-refresh-refresh i can't count votes but there's suddenly damo votes, hm I don't mind that since he was iffy, are there enough damo votes that it's an actual wagon? actually, fuck this shit just gonna vote him, don't wanna end on a lonely island (promptly losing the motivation to trying to not follow other people voting xd)

or something like that, best that i can recall :P

e.m.c^42

#1500 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:32 pm

actually that reads like utter shit

tl;dr

I didn't want to vote Ezio or Ike day 1, saw thamrick agreeing with that, so I took it as a burst of courage to vote based on what I thought

promptly loses all of that when I see Jamie's tiebreak post, (didn't know how accurate it was without bot to check so took it as truth)

sees damo votes becoming a thing, votes for him since i found him iffy earlier + 1st point