Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#3081 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

To be fair, I think bozo is scum as well
So vote him.
##vote Bozo
No, I've explained that thd was likely saved and is the lynch that solves the game the fastest. My main point on bozo is his snap OMGUS and then voting alongside that vote on Jamie.
Blegh

RagingIke297

#3082 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:08 pm
Snipped
18. RagingIke - Slight scum and doesn't seem his usual self. Not participating as.much as he usually would either
Ha! That's funny Jamie. 41, 40, 37, 36, all the recent mafia games I've played. Every single day my post count has been between high teens and low fifties, holds true for this game too. I think there is one or two day where I'm single digit and at least one was a hammer day.

You just needed a reason to justify the slight scum read without using OMGUS. Would like to see a full read and explaination when youve charged your batteries

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3083 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 pm
thinking empty thread near eod means it's t/t wagon dont you??

## vote bozo
If bozo's town, xorxes and Rd look shitty, and Quas and the late voters look pretty good. If bozo's scum, they all look good. Quas in particular looks very towny for the EoD. Doesn't like the top wagons and is doing something about it rather than whining.

Vecna

#3084 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

2. brainbomb - SCUM for a long list of reasons I have already posted. Recent additions to this growing list of evidence include him blatantly PR hunting and he was PR fishing even before it got so blatant. Perhaps he is the Oracle and has decided that he needs to sacrifice himself to help his team kill the Cop or Desperado (the latter role he seems fixated on). Brainbomb is an impulsive and impatient guy. When he rolls a PR of either alignment, he is itchy to use his kewl powerz. As Oracle, that involves his own death by lynch. The Oracle's greatest fear would be to get shot by the Desperado because it means his Oracle scan is lost. All of this adds up to suggest Brain is Oracle. Lynch him tomorrow.
That makes no sense. If you think he is the Oracle shouldn't you want Desperado to shoot him instead of lynching him? Didn't you just said that's his greatest fear?
I have already urged the Desperado to shoot Brainbomb. As yet, no gunshot.
you have a record of always scumreading brainbomd and nearly always being wrong. why wont you at least consider the opinion of your townreads who have a much better record in reading him?

Jamiet99uk

#3085 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

That makes no sense. If you think he is the Oracle shouldn't you want Desperado to shoot him instead of lynching him? Didn't you just said that's his greatest fear?
you have a record of always scumreading brainbomd and nearly always being wrong. why wont you at least consider the opinion of your townreads who have a much better record in reading him?
Ok then, Vecna, my town idol, my hero, you bronze-thighed Adonis, talk me through Brainbomb's fixation with the Desperado, and his general PR hunting, as you see it.

Vecna

#3086 Post by Vecna » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Ok then, Vecna, my town idol, my hero, you bronze-thighed Adonis, talk me through Brainbomb's fixation with the Desperado, and his general PR hunting, as you see it.
its just him doing the same shit as he does every game to evoke reactions he can read into. Hes also (over)confident at times, just like me, and he thinks a lot more outside of the box in how he approaches stuff.

If you read between the lines its pretty obvious hes town though. ive detailled quite a bit in that catchup.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3087 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 pm
thinking empty thread near eod means it's t/t wagon dont you??

## vote bozo
If bozo's town, xorxes and Rd look shitty, and Quas and the late voters look pretty good. If bozo's scum, they all look good. Quas in particular looks very towny for the EoD. Doesn't like the top wagons and is doing something about it rather than whining.
If Bozo is town Ghug is scum and is trying to set up me and Xorxes to be lynched.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3088 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:28 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 pm

it says he voted thd, and because he WANTED jamie killed instead. Thd is contributing very little, jamie is an active town. If they're t/t anyways there doesn't even have to be a reason to do one over the other, and this is a shitty attempt at defending a buddy

now why were you absent until right after EoD and parked on a villager that you've had shitty reasons for scum reading for two days without anything else

it feels like you're trying to deflect having just been the wolfiest mfer in this game onto some other topic
I wasn't? I posted before EoD. I also felt pretty confident in my read of thd and think bozo and Jamie are both town.

True. He voted thd at the last second. He obviously knew he could play that card, but it seems really gutsy to me for him to wait that long when literally one vote would have prevented him from being able to self-save. To me that says he's either town, or scum that knew he could count on teammates to also save him if needed.

But you wanting to immediately flip him just rubs me the wrong way.
why on earth do you town read bozo, the man has done nothing towny

then again you're his buddy as well
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Probably busy in the Mafia QT.

What are the chances that was a Town/Town/Town EoD?
I'd say between 25-30%. Low but not out of the question considering I think you're very likely town and bozo is *probably* scum but like, I could be wrong there

but there is 100% at least one wolf in that thd parker block or town has already lost since there's too many potatowns in that case
I feel like probably only one of them is scum tops. Tham isn't going all out to save him, per se, and scum don't irrationally townread scum buddies like that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3089 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
##Vote thdfrance

I've got a lot of thoughts rattling around about that EoD. But it all starts with flipping france, because I'm pretty sure he was saved. And if he was there are a ton of implications that can be drawn from that.

For now, I'm wanting to lynch the likely scum that avoided the gallows day 1.
I said this ages ago. May switch my vote if LordQ doesn't gain the deserved traction.

Others I am willing to vote in order of lynchabilty are Darg, Ezio, DT, MF, CFox, Vecna and at a stretch Bozo.
interesting that you voted thd, someone who you said you WEREN'T interested in voting then, just a little bit later without a mention of him inbetween this and EoD

you ALSO didn't mention any change in your bozo read, what happened?
Ooooh

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3090 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 am
Also, one more thing I noticed while looking up posts for the above,

@ghug, what changed your read of me? I was rather quiet and moved from scum to possible town
You said something that I had trouble seeing coming from mafia. I think I quoted it at the time. Early day two?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3091 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 am
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:36 am

The only person on a novelty wagon both times - Vapor. His vote for this phase was also parked 11hrs before EOD which I don't really like. Admittedly he only posted once more before EOD. @Vapor, were you around at EOD and if so, why did you not post or move your vote to have a say. If you did move your vote on to one of the top three wagons who would it have been and why?
No I wasn't available for EOD, as a matter of fact, I won't be available for all EODs and I had no problem with my vote. I've always left it on people that were pinging me as scum. If I would have been on at EOD, I would have voted for france tbh rather than bozo, but the order would have been like this
1st option france > bozo, don't think I would ever vote for Jamie, he's part of my strongest towns
This guy's town af. I like Vecna's catchup so far.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3092 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:44 am
LordQuas wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 am
either way with him claiming doc I really don't want to lynch him today :x
If you claim every time you come under pressure, it's not a get out of jail free card anymore.
Note to self: Whenever Ghug's posting does make you not want to lynch him, he is always scum.

The fact he's so convincing and fluent this game should not be ignored.
Yeah Vecna's for sure town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3093 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:58 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:04 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:42 pm
I guess I’ve never bought into this narrative that scum try to clog the thread by posting nonsense and trolly stuff. I’ve never seen scum do this and I don’t know why scum would do this. They have an agenda just like town. And trolling the thread with noise is an easy way to get lynched (see brainbomb in every game he plays and is a leaf wagon on day 1 and day 2)

The only merit to your case on crimson is the chance ND was a counter wagon to him D1
Definitely probably scum with Crimson maybe.
Big hate for this post. Like any new scum player would defend a teammate like that
Tom's not a new scum player. "Let me dismiss your case entirely but give credence to a small piece of your case" and "this person is doing [thing you find scummy] for [non-game related reason that is easily confirmable]" are two classic scumbuddy defenses, and Tom has used both on Crimson.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3094 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Then join me on the thd vote
This is the damo I want to see
{move tiny rat, ruuuuun}
Yeah, you're confbiasing now. The fact that I don't appear scummy is a great reason to scumread me, and I'm surprised nobody else has picked up on it yet. Thd's case on me was shit, as was brain's. This is clearly just me finding something that looks like town damo. I push shit directly when I push it.

Jamiet99uk

#3095 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 pm

I'm liking Ghug's defence here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3096 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 am
xorxes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Wasn't it based on bozo's reaction to said "peek"? I'm fine with that wagon, might join it.
This is inaccurate, or at least not based on fact. No one voting for me stated that as their reason. When xorxes is inaccurate I suspect he is scum. Also, I think xorxes as town would have voted for me by now if he thinks I am a good wagon instead of saying he might.

##VOTE xorxes
Interesting. Strong observation or trying to distance from a teammate in case he got lynched?
Does bozo omgus more as town or scum? I find him pretty hard to read in general, but I feel like I remember more omgus from him as town, and he's done it a couple times this game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3097 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:00 pm
ATTENTION. FAIR GAME IF YOU SKIPPED THE 5 PAGES OF UNINTERUPTED VECNA DRIVEL. BUT PLEASE READ THIS ONE.

This is one of those games where im very confident in a lot of my reads. Plenty of soul reads, good vibes.

I would not at all be surprised if I do die tonight.

In case I do, I want you to remember the following for the REST OF THE GAME

Do not lynch the following people, under ANY circumstance. NEVER. They are all soulreads, and 100% town.
-Damo
-Rdrivera
-EMC/einstein

Ive played enough games with Damo and Rdrivera to be able to guarantee you they are town. Ive grown quite good at reading them. They are NOT scum here. Never lynch them.

The following players im all 99% certain that they are town. You would also be a MAJOR FOOL to lynch them, unless a cop guilty pops up. Even then, first consider the claimed cop to be scum.
-Vaporware
-Brainbomb

The following players im roughly 95% certain are town. Hands the fuck off, no roping them, unless this game goes very weird
-Tom Bombadil
-DunkinThomas
-LordQuas

All of these people have done plenty of things to show that theyre town. For all of them I think its nearly impossible for any person to fake this shit. If theyre scum, its the best performance ever. Its not though, theyre all town.

If you lynch any of these and prove me right, ill probably be waiting for you in the God QT and mock you. You'll deserve it.
I disagree with you on brain, but I feel like that's just coming with the misread of me. Where the hell do you get Tom as certain or even likely town though?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3098 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm
veccy why you lookin like dis
Vecna goes town as fuck and actually agrees with your dumb arguments for once and you think he's scum for it? This is you trying too hard not to look like you're buddying

LordQuas

#3099 Post by LordQuas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Vecna is town

can we lynch bozo first instead of anyone else? I feel like he has the highest scum equity, and with ghug being a dude that's lynched for lols every game, bozo flipping will prolly reveal more info even if they're both wolves

also stop town reading me I don't want to die :x

Jamiet99uk

#3100 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 pm

@Vecna

Just to continue to humour me, describe scum Brainbomb.