Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#1381 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm
again I'm not saying wolves NEVER do things that hurt their image or town NEVER care about it

but wolves do care MORE about it since in base form that is their most important desire, they don't especially have to worry about finding other wolves

it's also why in multiballs it's so much harder to catch wolves since they're able to focus on actually finding and not just imitate it
I don't think it's true here. People knows each other metas, on Máfia and ondip and on forum, so if you are a confrontational guy you can't just avoid conflict when you are scum. And beginners tend to worry a lot about his own image even when town, it takes time to dippers understand it's a team game.

Anyone wanting to ##vote Flash with me? Demon improved a bit and I don't feel I want to lynch him anymore.

Vecna

#1382 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am
thamrick wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:19 am
On readthrough, getting great town vibes from:

DoubtingThomas
Vecna
ghug
LordQuas
jamiet

##unvote

@ND - you seem trollololololly. Don't remember you that way. What changed? Also, I assume those recent reads are scumreads. Townreads?
:? This came out of nowhere. No thought process. Might as well've just copied some popular reads. Scummyness read improves if not more content is provided.
if he was copping popular sentiment, ghug and jamie are NOT being read as town
thats not actually correct I think

LordQuas

#1383 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm

if theyre aiming for lhf then why are they on cfox?
because he's a lhf. Have you seen anyone defending him?
are you defending him?
no I think he's been wolfy as fuck this game and I've posted as such

but as moscow said, look at the people on his wagon. It's literally 5 lurkers

MoscowFleet

#1384 Post by MoscowFleet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm
Moscow. I could apply that reasoning to every poster with volume in the game. They post a lot but have very little substance. CF, brain, LQ, ND, Jamie, emc etc etc

Yess - you are my only scumread. Who cares. The best way for me (and I would argue most people) is to find your townies and use POE. It’s how I’ve always had success, and how that will continue. Once we have some flips it becomes more impactful to search for scum with that information. Right now with no info, it’s much easier to find those who are town and attacking the game from a town mindset
You really just asserted that Lordquas, Jamie, and emc have been here but contributed little? Bit of a stretch don't you think?

What do you think of Ezio coming in and saying he thinks you had good reasoning behind your reads? Surely you agree with me that this
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:03 pm
Consider my wholly unconvinced regarding Moscow. Some hollow reads pushed out only when he feels some heat doesnt change my mind.

Similar to my rationale with brain, I’m prerty against lynching Jamie or xorxes D1 as their alignment usually becomes pretty apparent.

Also not willing to lynch any of the following as I townread them:

CrimsonFox
DoubtingThomas
Emc
LordQuas
Vapor
Vecna
has been basically the only place where you've given reads, and you've given no reasoning whatsoever behind them? Don't you find it odd that Ezio was so willing to jump in and defend these reads?

LordQuas

#1385 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:34 am

:? This came out of nowhere. No thought process. Might as well've just copied some popular reads. Scummyness read improves if not more content is provided.
if he was copping popular sentiment, ghug and jamie are NOT being read as town
thats not actually correct I think
at the time it very much was so

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1386 Post by flash2015 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Stupid question - what is lhf?

Vaporwave

#1387 Post by Vaporwave » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm
could be an easy to lynch player

LordQuas

#1388 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:56 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:49 pm
again I'm not saying wolves NEVER do things that hurt their image or town NEVER care about it

but wolves do care MORE about it since in base form that is their most important desire, they don't especially have to worry about finding other wolves

it's also why in multiballs it's so much harder to catch wolves since they're able to focus on actually finding and not just imitate it
I don't think it's true here. People knows each other metas, on Máfia and ondip and on forum, so if you are a confrontational guy you can't just avoid conflict when you are scum. And beginners tend to worry a lot about his own image even when town, it takes time to dippers understand it's a team game.

Anyone wanting to ##vote Flash with me? Demon improved a bit and I don't feel I want to lynch him anymore.
but then as wolves they are creating that conflict because why?

they care about their image

if a player develops a reputation for being an angry and fighting town they're probably not caring about this or doing it intentionally in their town game, but they are when they try to replicate it in their wolf game

caring about your image means you're deliberately choosing your actions based on how you think other people will react to them in a favorable light

LordQuas

#1389 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:01 pm
could be an easy to lynch player
stands for low hanging fruit but yeah you're right

LordQuas

#1390 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:04 pm

oh and I had no real fond memories of flash and a quick ISO of him didn't change that. He can die imo

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1391 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:06 pm

I wasn’t expecting Ezio if all people to jump in, but that shows he is reading the game so that is good.

And I’m not arguing that those people have contributed little. I’m saying that one (you for example) could give that argument and it would be accepted as valid even though one (you for example) could not have read a word of the thread.

Regarding my townreads, I feel like I explain them as I go - but I’ll go more in depth when I’m not at work or at EOD perhaps.

Crimson is the only one in danger and I’m hoping people come to their sense. Driving interaction even if it seems silly is a necessary thing. Crimson seems to want interaction out of spam rather than just spam. Plus similar to why I wouldn’t lynch brain here, I wouldn’t want a high volume poster getting axes for “posting a lot but adding little”

MoscowFleet

#1392 Post by MoscowFleet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

And hey, look at this! Tom posted this about Ezio on page 22:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm
Regarding Ezio - I’ve gotten a towny impression though I can’t exactly place why, so I’m not putting too much stock in that feeling
What had Ezio said up to this point? 7 shitposts and an empty townread on DT. Now, 40+ pages later, Ezio pops in to do what? Defend Tom's heap of empty reads.

Not to mention Ezio is STILL voting Crimsonfox from a joke post on page 20, even though CF is the leading wagon with less than an hour to go until EOD.

There's some bullshit going on here.

MoscowFleet

#1393 Post by MoscowFleet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Tom, I kind of get where you're coming from with the "posted without substance angle", but I literally just proved what would happen if I used that logic on someone without reading the thread. I'd get called out on it, just like I called you out on saying that about LQ, Jamie, and EMC.

thdfrance

#1394 Post by thdfrance » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 pm

This is the second game in the last few I've played where I've been put on the block for low involvement D1...the last time this happened it was a scum lead lynch. Is it possible this is happening again?

There are others in the game with involvement just as low as mine, why me?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1395 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:36 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

I think you're a bitch who can't be bothered to put in the effort to play and wants to blame others for your inability to care since obviously it's not YOUR fault that you're literally only shitposting and complaining without any actual reads

:)
Nope, you don't get to do this. I'm very clearly giving actual reads. I've read the whole thread now. Your behavior is problematic, and deflecting isn't going to change that. Why the hell are you telling people they don't have to read the thread?
you literally JUST started giving actual reads, you had a whole slew of posts and it took a ridiculous amount of prodding to get there

and because literally every other person that enters complains about the thread being too long. If you don't have the time to read through the entire thread and still be active, then don't, I'd rather have you ITT reacting real time so I can generate a read on you

why do you rather people don't post huh?

:)
Nah, I started giving reads yesterday, stopped, and then started again this morning. One of those reads is that you're bad news, and I'm not sure if it's because you're from another site where people play differently or if you're doing it maliciously.

thdfrance

#1396 Post by thdfrance » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm

I feel ridiculously under prepared to make a full case against anyone in particular, as I almost always do on day 1.

LordQuas

#1397 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Ezio's vote was allegedly even on accident based on how that was worded. And he really hasn't had anything good. I also hate his intro about how he would totally vote cfox if he wasn't sure it would kill him from vengeful town as a result

which implies that he thinks cfox is town...

uhhHHHHHH

##Vote Ezio

Vecna

#1398 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm
I hope to be on to read arguments close to EOD. But the most scummy to me right now is crimsonfox. Day one seems falsely involved
I don't like ND s weirdness but it doesn't seem ai. I am suspicious of mf but more of cf. Hope to be back but if not ##vote crimson
In response to LordQuas' post just before this; You really dont feel this type of posting is exactly the way Darg was last game?

Because I do. And this type of post fits pretty nicely in a THD + darg type of team (or darg+ND type of team, ignoring the other wagon for some reason).

Darg, why Crimson over THD? Crimson has provided a ton of content, cant you like, come up with a reason why he has to go?

LordQuas

#1399 Post by LordQuas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm

thdfrance wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 pm
This is the second game in the last few I've played where I've been put on the block for low involvement D1...the last time this happened it was a scum lead lynch. Is it possible this is happening again?

There are others in the game with involvement just as low as mine, why me?
wahhhh

dude you got 3 posts. In a vacuum you have low activity, if you don't want to get lynched then try to play the game

and I'm not even pushing for your lynch rn today but it still looks bad

(wolf chat ping?)

MoscowFleet

#1400 Post by MoscowFleet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm

And Tom, you still didn't answer my question. Sure, you may not have been expecting Ezio to jump in. But you're saying you find it acceptable that he thought your reads had good reasoning? How can he claim good reasoning when you didn't even give any?

If you're town, surely you'd be considering the possibility that Ezio is agreeing with you just to gain your favour. But for some reason you don't seem to be considering that.