Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nephthys

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#381 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:43 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:41 am
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 am
I've tried going back through re-reading people from different perspectives etc (it was a really boring day at work) and I keep coming back to cFox being scum.

I think he went in hard for the +1 to try and bury his team mates posts for +1. This little bit of logic is based upon him being a decent player based on what I can gleam from his main profile.

Ghug seems to always take the piss on D1 from what I can remember reading his games so I personally don't think it's him. I think the scum mate is yet to start harvesting the +1. (This is assuming scum know their team roles, has this been confirmed?)

The arguments that Jamie is town seem sound and I must say that his commentary as scum last game does indicate he is a lot more cautious and methodical as scum.

##vote CrimsonFox

There is something wrong here if you think Jamie's play in that game was cautious and methodical.
See bold

bozotheclown

#382 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 am

eh I really dislike this the more I read it

##Vote bozotheclown
Care to elaborate about what you do not like?
What is there to elaborate on? Now its pointed out the post seems a little odd, why would you want to tie up so many resources (shot/lynch) on someone who's claim doesn't really affect the game much.

There are also scenarios in which town Vecna false claims this.

2/3 the three likely scenarios give Vecna as town.
- Vecna (town) claims
- Vecna (scum) claims
- Vecna (town) mis-claims

That being said, I think this logic is so average that I'm gonna town-read you for it, I don't see scum posting something that rash.
I thought you said there was nothing to elaborate on?

I realize Vecna's claim could be fake, and if it is he can retract before he gets shot. Also, RagingIke might not be town (or the Vig), but if he is I would rather him shoot Vecna than hit a random town, so I am not worried about wasting his shot.

LordQuas

#383 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 am

I'mma go play some siege you guys do your thing

brainbomb

#384 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 am

VOTE TALLY 1.4
Modbot: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_status?g=41

Jamiet99uk (3) ghug, ND, damo666
bozotheclown (2) Vecna, LordQuas
CrimsonFox (2) DemonRHK, Nephthys
Nephthys (1) CrimsonFox
Ezio (1) Jamiet99uk

End-votes (0/11)

Non-votes
bozotheclown, dargorygel, DoubtingThomas, DrCJG, Ezio, Foxcastle, RagingIke297, rdrivera2005, Squigs44, worcej, xorxes

Non-posters
DrCJG :!: must post twice and vote or will be replaced :!:
dargorygel :!: must post twice and vote or will be replaced :!:

Jamiet99uk is scheduled to be hurled by catapult into a wall!
16 hours remain in day 1

bozotheclown

#385 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 am

eh I really dislike this the more I read it

##Vote bozotheclown
Care to elaborate about what you do not like?
just feels like you're setting up for a ML one way or another, weird for this to also be your one stance, also I really don't see how him claiming would guarantee him being a wolf there
I don't think claiming guarantees he is scum, but I think it is very likely that either his claim is fake or he is scum. If he is town and Persia, claiming it is the worse thing he could do for town, as the only use for his power as town is to try to draw the N1 NK. Instead he has guaranteed he will not be the N1 NK. If his claim is fake, he can retract it before he gets shot.

Jamiet99uk

#386 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 am

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:39 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:34 am
Hello.

I am not the Serial Killer. Anyone who thinks I made a SK claim is being silly. Damo, Ghug, don't be silly.

Why are there still votes on me?

@LordQuus: You claim to know about Doubting Thomas's meta. I can only remember seeing him once and he posted a ton, and tunelled a lot. Where have you played with him before, and what is he like as scum?
agree on the ppl saying you were SK but I think that was mostly jokes

I hope that was mostly jokes
I hope so too, but unfortunately Damo666 is literally voting me for that reason. He appeared to genuinely think I was making an SK claim. That's stupid.

Jamiet99uk

#387 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am

Ghug does not scumread me, but he is voting me because he thinks I post too much.

Ghug wants me dead in order to stifle discussion and stop conversation.

This is not a town motivation.

Ike, if you don't feel like shooting Vecna, feel free to blow Ghug's fat head off his pudgy shoulders.

bozotheclown

#388 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:43 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 am
I've tried going back through re-reading people from different perspectives etc (it was a really boring day at work) and I keep coming back to cFox being scum.

I think he went in hard for the +1 to try and bury his team mates posts for +1. This little bit of logic is based upon him being a decent player based on what I can gleam from his main profile.

Ghug seems to always take the piss on D1 from what I can remember reading his games so I personally don't think it's him. I think the scum mate is yet to start harvesting the +1. (This is assuming scum know their team roles, has this been confirmed?)

The arguments that Jamie is town seem sound and I must say that his commentary as scum last game does indicate he is a lot more cautious and methodical as scum.

##vote CrimsonFox

There is something wrong here if you think Jamie's play in that game was cautious and methodical.
See bold
In order to be more cautious and methodical it would imply that he was at least somewhat cautious and methodical in that game.

Nephthys

#389 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am
Nephthys wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

See bold
In order to be more cautious and methodical it would imply that he was at least somewhat cautious and methodical in that game.
I'm not gonna go into this anymore cause its seriously off topic but read the mafia QT if you want proof that he at least thought about his playstyle

bozotheclown

#390 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:42 am
Alright, I've got a little time so I'm going to put some thoughts out there. I'm a little shocked that my post garnered almost no attention. Only Darg and Bozo have even mentioned it and they are both suggesting I shoot Vecna.

Jamie seems town to me, just based on the volume of his posting and his tone. I think someone else said it before, this is a very sporadic Jamie, not a calculated one. CrimsonFox and LordQuas, welcome to WebDip mafia. Both of them have been posting very heavily, CF has much less substance in his posts, but it is still interesting given how unfamiliar they are with the site.

I'm not seeing anything else that stands out and I'm really not seeing anything that's screaming at me to shoot someone yet...
When do you think you will decide if you are going to shoot someone or not?

Jamiet99uk

#391 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am

I have to agree with Bozo here. In the last game I helped scum to victory by aggressively and loudly bussing my scum partner Xorxes, so aggressively in fact that some players were convinced I couldn't possibly be bussing because I'd never bus that hard. It was probably my least cautious and most aggressive scum performance to date.

Nephthys

#392 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am
I have to agree with Bozo here. In the last game I helped scum to victory by aggressively and loudly bussing my scum partner Xorxes, so aggressively in fact that some players were convinced I couldn't possibly be bussing because I'd never bus that hard. It was probably my least cautious and most aggressive scum performance to date.
Fuck me I guess this gets one more post.

You were cautious to not play into your traditional scum meta
You were methodical in that you painfully bussed Xorxes to the end which ended up helping us to victory.

Here you are acting more in instinct and not a plan. That is all I have to say

bozotheclown

#393 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 am
Nephthys wrote:

See bold
I'm not gonna go into this anymore cause its seriously off topic but read the mafia QT if you want proof that he at least thought about his playstyle
I don't think it is off topic if you are basing your reads on the other game. You have town read both Jamie and xorxes on how they seem different to you than they did in the game, although in that game you knew both of them were scum.

Jamiet99uk

#394 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:12 am

Vecna will probably retract his claim tomorrow and fade into irrelevance during D2 as he realises how tiresome everyone finds his D1 vaudeville act.

Therefore I am upgrading Ghug to my #1 proposal to get a bullet between his beady little eyes.

I am also, on reflection, very concerned by Foxcastle's desire to see less discussion and less posting, rather than more. Discussion should always be encouraged, as it provides nuggets of information which can be examined later as the flips occur. Urging people to be quiet just helps create an environment where scum can lurk and avoid posting, and it's worrying that this is what both Ghug and Foxcastle say they want.

bozotheclown

#395 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:13 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

You were methodical in that you painfully bussed Xorxes to the end which ended up helping us to victory.

How do you know he does not have a plan?

Jamiet99uk

#396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 am

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Ok no this is fair. I think we've examined this point enough.

I wish I was scum this time; I enjoy it more. But I'm not.

Jamiet99uk

#397 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am

My plan currently is to persuade Ike to shoot and kill Ghug.

Do you like it?

RagingIke297

#398 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:42 am
Alright, I've got a little time so I'm going to put some thoughts out there. I'm a little shocked that my post garnered almost no attention. Only Darg and Bozo have even mentioned it and they are both suggesting I shoot Vecna.

Jamie seems town to me, just based on the volume of his posting and his tone. I think someone else said it before, this is a very sporadic Jamie, not a calculated one. CrimsonFox and LordQuas, welcome to WebDip mafia. Both of them have been posting very heavily, CF has much less substance in his posts, but it is still interesting given how unfamiliar they are with the site.

I'm not seeing anything else that stands out and I'm really not seeing anything that's screaming at me to shoot someone yet...
When do you think you will decide if you are going to shoot someone or not?
Tommorow morning, at least 2 hours before EOD so the information will be useful and we have time to look back if I do end up shooting

RagingIke297

#399 Post by RagingIke297 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am

Do you like it?
Did you word it that way on purpose? Do you know for certain that ghug would die if he was shot?

Jamiet99uk

#400 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am

Do you like it?
Did you word it that way on purpose? Do you know for certain that ghug would die if he was shot?
No, I have no such information. I want you to shoot him, and I hope this would result in his death.