Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#881 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 am

damian wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:36 am
Vecna is still looking quite town to me. With both him and Xorxes pushing for Balki I'd be curious to hear more about that case. As they've both put forward some good arguments thus far.
I think you are town, so don’t assume suspicion when I ask you this question, but what do you to believe to be Vecna and Xorxes’s “good arguments” that I am scum?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#882 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:49 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 am
Now I need to endure two days with Balki puting his little show before you finally myslinch me.
I am really struggling to understand how this post from rdrivera could come from town. I mean, I’m not even voting rdrivera right now. I’m voting Foxcastle. Nobody is voting rdrivera. And nobody has really hopped on and said “Yep, Balki’s Town. He seems to be on to something.” Why is rdrivera so resigned to his fate here?

@rdrivera, can you tell us about your reads of Foxy, Bozo, and Ezio? And can you tell us why you’re so sad and resigned to your fate?

I am a guy who can be swayed by good arguments. If you’re town, you have tons of time and I don’t even want to lynch you first. Come here and town it up.

Vecna

#883 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:26 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 pm
What's AI?
Alignment indicative.

Tell why you think some action I have taken is more likely to come from Scum!Balki than Town!Balki. Consider what the motivation or reason for each might be (or ask me about what my motivation was) and explain why you think the action was more likely to come from Scum!Balki.
Why are you focusing constantly on trying to confront Ezio about the points as opposed to me?

Vecna

#884 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 pm
What's AI?
Alignment indicative.

Tell why you think some action I have taken is more likely to come from Scum!Balki than Town!Balki. Consider what the motivation or reason for each might be (or ask me about what my motivation was) and explain why you think the action was more likely to come from Scum!Balki.
Scum balki wants easy mislynches. In past games I've always been pretty widely scumread. As scum, you think I'm likely an easy target and figure you should see the seeds early.

His point about EoD is also accurate. If swiggds is your teammate, you saw he was safe and figured you could leave. As town, you would more likely uabe contributed more in an attempt to gain info. Weren't you the one who lecutred me about the value of reactions at EoD when people are under time pressure?
Also im just gonna say; This post strongly indicates to me that Ezio DID NOT KNOW Squigs was gonna flip town.

A scum that knows that Squigs isnt actually scum, probably will never go in so hard on this line of reasoning. Its a town thought process, and he argues it in several posts from a different angle.

That is my read of this situation.

Vecna

#885 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 am

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm
Point about Balki hoping in, voting and leaving EOD1 is an interesting one.

When he made his second vote though, Squig was still in first place, and the ND wagon hadn’t really taken off. If Squig was his teammate, I’d have expected him to push the Ezio wagon harder. Or do something besides just plant the vote and vanish.
More evidence he knew all three wagons were town?

Vecna

#886 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Scum balki wants easy mislynches. In past games I've always been pretty widely scumread. As scum, you think I'm likely an easy target and figure you should see the seeds early.

His point about EoD is also accurate. If swiggds is your teammate, you saw he was safe and figured you could leave. As town, you would more likely uabe contributed more in an attempt to gain info. Weren't you the one who lecutred me about the value of reactions at EoD when people are under time pressure?
1. Who was it who suggested that Town should prioritize lynching Ezio? That was...you, Ezio. Are you scumreading me for following your plan? Or, was there something in my Ezio progression that you found to be I sincere?

2. I don’t think it was me who lectured you. Though, I generally agree that time pressure and late shifts are generally productive.

I don’t think you’re really reading my alignment here with your discussion of EOD1. You’re just kind of, trying to explain why I could still be scum even if Squigs is scum. Kind of an odd point.
This type of post might explain it from the scum pov, where he knows pressure on him will get lesser due to the arguments made by Damian and Ezio, tying him to a scum Squigs.

The argument ofcourse also works with a town Squigs, but this post kind of has a little irritation that he's being pressures on the wrong reasons and assumptions.

Did Balki end up voting Squigs?

Vecna

#887 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm
This place is sleepy. Anyone have a gun?
Instead of asking questions, this type of statement is made. I have not gotten any sense of Balki trying to solve this game. He just decided Rdrivera needed to be a counterwagon.

I might be confbiassing myself here though.

Vecna

#888 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:10 pm
So an ND wagon develops at EOD to save Squigs, half of the Squigs wagon ends up dead, then Squigs asks Tom questions and he is being town read for it? Here is a question for everyone, what are the chances you would immediately forget someone was killed when they were voting for you?
What worries me more is that he hasn't said anything about it since (but still catching up).
Reminder for catchup: If Xorxes did not make a gamestate post with plausible reasons for whom he thinks is the scum(team) before EoD2, it will look pretty bad on him.

Vecna

#889 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

Ezio improved today, started to give some content, but is still doing some scummy things. Why buddy Ghug this way? Also, the push on Xorxes seems a lot like he is trying to change his meta then a real push.
I don't understand it either. Those two are always my white knights when I'm town, and I'm town this time, so it doesn't make sense. It may be that I'm coming across as scummy but still, when that happens ghug usually has a concrete reason (and impossible for me to argue against), not just gut feeling and vibes.
Xorxes, I am your white knight when you are town, usually because you give me something concrete to bite off of.
Look at my post where I was talking about who the wagons were going to be today. Don't I say "If Xorxes does something this is all subject to change"? I want you to lead us and save this shit of a game, but it doesn't feel like you are.

Also, most of these recent games have been me as scum with you as town which has made it pretty fucking easy to read you. Maybe this time is different because I don't actually know you're town and am getting cold feet.
Ezio - top townread

Vecna

#890 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:44 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

Ezio improved today, started to give some content, but is still doing some scummy things. Why buddy Ghug this way? Also, the push on Xorxes seems a lot like he is trying to change his meta then a real push.
I don't understand it either. Those two are always my white knights when I'm town, and I'm town this time, so it doesn't make sense. It may be that I'm coming across as scummy but still, when that happens ghug usually has a concrete reason (and impossible for me to argue against), not just gut feeling and vibes.
Xorxes, I am your white knight when you are town, usually because you give me something concrete to bite off of.
Look at my post where I was talking about who the wagons were going to be today. Don't I say "If Xorxes does something this is all subject to change"? I want you to lead us and save this shit of a game, but it doesn't feel like you are.

Also, most of these recent games have been me as scum with you as town which has made it pretty fucking easy to read you. Maybe this time is different because I don't actually know you're town and am getting cold feet.
Ezio - top townread

Vecna

#891 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:48 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:18 pm
Squiggs, if I vote Flum, will you jump on board?
I will.
Only if you do it first.
More reasons to see town-Ezio. Would he really be willing to commit to possibly put Flum up as a wagon, while the scum kill probably is already locked in at this point so close before EoD?

Vecna

#892 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:49 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:37 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:48 pm

I'm sold by this reasoning
##VOTE ND
Which part of this sold you? I did not like this argument to vote for ND, it had nothing to do with this game.
ND being useless as town but a big threat as scum, while Squigs can be very useful as town. Basically I was following Ezio's plan.

As bad as the ND votes look, probably only one or two are scum. Probably two if Squigs is scum (Squigs and someone else).

The surviving voters besides myself are ghug, Foxcastle, Balki, and Ezio. It is likely at least one is scum.
These two statements need something in between to make them connect. I do agree with the first one though.
Following Vecna's plan, Following Ezio's plan

Since when is town Xorxes a follower, instead of strongly putting forward his own reads and making sure we know whom to lynch after he gets NK'd?

Vecna

#893 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:41 pm
My last post should read:

The surviving non ND voters besides myself are ghug, Foxcastle, Balki, and Ezio. It is likely at least one is scum.
OK, cleared. And agreed as well.
Why would this be a post to respond to. This is not the type of post Xorxes normally replies to as town - silly weird vote analysis stuff that makes no sense.

Distance-post likelyhood established.

Likely scumteam idea: Balki + Xorxes + Bozo

Vecna

#894 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:52 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:24 pm
Xorxes is now 100% confirmed town, and I swear to god anyone who tries to lynch him will be chainsawed the fuck outta here.

Xorxes, thank you for saying the magic fucking words. I love you so much right now.
Youre gonna have to explain it, because im not seeing it. Setting up Ghug to be the next mislynch eh? He was pretty close to his normal towngame at this point.

Vecna

#895 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 pm

You wrote all this to came to the conclusion that at least one scum voted ND and that it's unlikely all scum voted together?
lol, that's town bozo for you. At least when he's not being cranky.
What a load of horsecrap. Making disingenuous posts listing a bunch of names makes him town all of a sudden?

Vecna

#896 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm
Jesus I guess tom is actually just phenomial at this game holy shit.

##Vote Squiggs.
And then my townread instantly lessens.

Vecna

#897 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Has Xorxes actually solved anything for us yet? A lot of his posts are one or two word phrases like "buddying", "townie post", or "good observation", and his longest post is like three lines long. Xorxes usually has at least one detailed post by now where he assembles a scum team.
"Xorxes usually has at least one detailed post by now where he assembles a scum team"? Citation needed.

But I will assemble a tentative scum team for you anyway: ghug, Squigs, Vecna.

I may be wrong about one of you.
Or how about all of them. Yep

Vecna

#898 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:41 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Has Xorxes actually solved anything for us yet? A lot of his posts are one or two word phrases like "buddying", "townie post", or "good observation", and his longest post is like three lines long. Xorxes usually has at least one detailed post by now where he assembles a scum team.
"Xorxes usually has at least one detailed post by now where he assembles a scum team"? Citation needed.

But I will assemble a tentative scum team for you anyway: ghug, Squigs, Vecna.

I may be wrong about one of you.
Does this mean we can count on you to vote Squigs today?
:?

This post probably has some significance but im not quite sure yet what it is.

Vecna

#899 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Anyone have any thoughts on Rdr not voting for Squigs before leaving?

I’m second guessing myself now.
Good observation, and it might also indicate something (as in Rdrivera not being in self-preservation mode, or that he was still lurking around in the shadows).

Vecna

#900 Post by Vecna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:39 pm

I townread flum because he should be townread at the moment.
This is not a reason.
I say it is, and we're listening to me today so you should sheep him and vote Squiggs.
Strong push from Ezio to divert from Rdrivera to Squigs?