Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#1441 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 am

Ezio wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:37 pm
I need either the scummy people to be more scummy or the towny people to be even more town, because I kind of townread everyone right now.
That's unfortunate. If you had to pick one scum between balki/bozo/foxy who would you pick?
Aaargh, does he offer both his teammates as choices here? I just don't know.

xorxes

#1442 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:14 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Xorxes needs to do more, and right now. I don't agree with his assment of balki and that scares me. He was wrong d1 and d2. For him to be wrong day 3 would be unheard of. Maybe I'm just wrong, but I doubt it.
This comes out of nowhere, after his embarrasing townclear of me for saying "town points". All it will take now is for me to be wrong D3 for me to no longer be his god. He's worried I might be wrong about Balki...

xorxes

#1443 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 pm
Shit you know what it is? I don't think bozo or fox talked to me at all yesterday. I think that's what feels weird about them.
I was around so much, spewing so much bullshit,ni was expecting some sort of reaction or response. Something from them to me, or at least talking to people about me, or at least concrete reads of what I was doing and what th y thought about it.
I'm not sure I got any nod that from fox or bozo, or RD, or frankly xorxes. I understand why xorxes would have a hard time with it, given that I was doing it about him.

I don't think I'm crazy, but I think balki, vecns, ghug, Damian, and flum all were interacting with me yesterday. I don't have time to check this shit, but that's what I think is causing me to feel this way.
This is kind of annoying, that he mentions exactly these people.

xorxes

#1444 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:39 pm
Hey guys look at balki and bozos interactions. Again, don't have fucking timr. I should have done this yesterday.

Does that look like scum teammates to you guys? If it does, we're home and you can all trust xorxes for yourselves.

If you're convinced balki is town, and he actually is, xorxes probably found his tell and faked it this game which fooled me. No way town xorxes is wrong these three days.
Yeah, I found my tell was saying "town points" and I faked it to fool Ezio.

xorxes

#1445 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm
xorxes wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:38 pm
Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 pm
Sorry I phrased poorly.

Foxcastle wagon gav me a e terrible feel.

Felt like balki and Damian hopped on too fast after the townclear lead the way.

As I said, probably paranoia.
Wasn't Balki there before ghug?
Really? Ugh. Ghug even thinks I'm wrong about bozo.
He's so obsessed with bozo (go reread him, I'm only reposting a few of his posts).

xorxes

#1446 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 am

Ezio wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 pm
Vote fox, Rd.

Ezio, please make sure xorxes dies tomorrow.
Yea yea. Was hoping he'd out more of his teammates sorry.
This just before scum thought they were killing ghug, before we knew Balki's flip.

xorxes

#1447 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:30 am

Ezio wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:07 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:49 am
Waiting on bozo now, but I don't really feel the need to let him hold us hostage.

Damian can go ahead and answer.

Ezio, explain the sudden xorxes read change from D2.

Damian, are you aware that your role is confirmable?

Vecna, anything to say?

Foxy, why bozo? How do Balki's flip and your scan change your reads?
Oh why I townread him so strongly yesterday but scumread him today?
Hugely: he was wrong again and didn't do enough for town. As I said, xorxes as town isn't gonna be wrong three days in a row.
The entire read was because he said the phrase "town points". It's a phrase he has never used as scum (that I've seen) before this game. It was rather flimsy, but it corresponded nicely with him making some posts that were productive.
I also wanted as much of the conversation to be about me as possible, and this seemed like a good way to do it; it might have even caused then to NK me if I was right.
All things considered, it seemed like a good ploy to go for.
This is so cringe.

xorxes

#1448 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:33 am

Ezio wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:11 am
After balki flip, seems like xorxes Is basically confirmed scum.
Fox looks scum too.
Damian looks abysmal for his save.
After being confirmed town for saying "town points", I'm confirmed scum for being wrong about Balki.

And Fox looks scum too, maybe he's not such a bad scumhunter as he thinks after all.

xorxes

#1449 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 am

And that finishes my Ezio reread. I think the case makes itself, so I don't think I need to push it much. If anyone thinks Ezio is town I would like to know.

I will do rivera and bozo later, that might be harder to untangle.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1450 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:21 pm

I'm definitely watching him.
It does not look like you were watching him closely here:
xorxes wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:50 pm
Scumteam is Fox-bozo-Ezio

Game solved. When does the next one start?

Kudos to Balki for having it practically solved. Sorry about the lynch.
So what's your point exactly? I scumread you more than I do him, but his last posts (and some before that as well) have been awful.

I'll make a deal with you: we both know at least one of rivera/Ezio is scum, let's find out which one together, since those two are not doing much scumhunting at all. Maybe it's both of them but only us two know it's at least one for sure.
This doesn't make any sense at all, unless you scumread both me and Ezio (and on this case it doesn't matter who you lynch first) and townread Bozo. Otherwise, if Bozo is scum he will push the town lynch, as we are on mylo. And if you both are scum it also doesn't matter which town you lynch as you just need one.

I know I have been pretty useless, but I don't want to lose so I will try to dig a bit tomorrow when I am back on a computer

xorxes

#1451 Post by xorxes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 am

Day 1:
ND (6) Flum Vecna xorxes Squigs damian rdrivera
Squigs (4) ghug Tom bozo ND
Ezio (2) Fox Balki
damian (1) Ezio

Day 2:
Squigs (5) Flum bozo Fox Ezio xorxes
rdrivera (4) Balki ghug Squigs damian
Balki (1) Vecna
damian (1) rdrivera

Day 3:
Balki (5) xorxes bozo Fox Vecna damian
Fox (4) Balki ghug Ezio rdrivera

Day 4:
Fox (7) bozo rdrivera Ezio Vecna xorxes damian ghug
bozo (1) Fox

Just wanted to finally put some red in there :)

Ezio

#1452 Post by Ezio » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 am

Did xorxes make any actual points?

damian

#1453 Post by damian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:43 am

Do you think he did?

bozotheclown

#1454 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 am

I think it is a safe bet that Ezio is one of the scum, since his whole town clearing of xorxes did not make much sense, and he has not claimed that it was a long drawn out reaction test.

##VOTE Ezio

damian

#1455 Post by damian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 am

If he had claimed it was a long draw our reaction test how would that impact your read?

bozotheclown

#1456 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:43 am

damian wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 am
If he had claimed it was a long draw our reaction test how would that impact your read?
Probably not, but he has not given any reasonable explanation for his theory.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1457 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 pm

At this point I have three scum candidates for 2 scum places.
My order now is Bozo->Ezio->Xorxes.

Why Bozo first? Two reason, the first one is a bit WIFOM, but Fox claim was a last minute claim without much thinking I guess (he didn´t presente scans, he didn't leave crumbs), so I think he included Bozo as a guilty scan to try to either give him credit when a scum flips or give a scummate town credit when he flips. I think Fox didn't expect me to vote for him as I was townreading him most of the game and he was budding me really hard, and he need to push a last minute claim. If he had a better claim I would think he could be trying to throw shade at Bozo one way or another to get a myslynch, but it really doesn't look like that.

I was already scum reading Bozo at D3, because I really dislike the way he was analysing the game based on wagon distribution on D1, were we knew for sure both wagons were town. I think this is an easy way to seem scum hunting but instead push an agenda to try to get town lynched without taking much responsibility (“oh, X is town, so let´s lynch the other on the wagon that should be scum”). Fox did this too and he was scum.

The other reason to have Bozo as scum is that I don´t believe both Ezio and Xorxes are scum. I don't see scum Ezio pushing something like an inno scan on a scum Xorxes. He could do that last day to go for the win (like the plan we did together on another game), but with both not really under real pressure I just don't see why he would try such a plan that could easily backfire, specially not knowing which PR are on play. It looks a lot more like Xorxes described: scum Ezio trying to buddy town Xorxes and also prepare a claim (I will not insist on this as Xorxes already made his case).

This lead me to put Ezio as my second scum read. I don´t put him over Bozo, because I think there is a chance Ezio just tried to pull some weird town plan that include budding Xorxes and it backfired because Xorxes is scum. Considering how Ezio have a high regard for Xorxes play it's possible, but really unlikely.

So, I will tentatively put a vote on Bozo, but I think we need to consolidate near the end, scum have two votes and considering we are on mylo they will try to win the game today.

Will start to re-read D3 as I think it's the first day we have a scum really under pressure and if I have time I will look the other days.

##vote Bozo

bozotheclown

#1458 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:55 pm
At this point I have three scum candidates for 2 scum places.
My order now is Bozo->Ezio->Xorxes.

Why Bozo first? Two reason, the first one is a bit WIFOM, but Fox claim was a last minute claim without much thinking I guess (he didn´t presente scans, he didn't leave crumbs), so I think he included Bozo as a guilty scan to try to either give him credit when a scum flips or give a scummate town credit when he flips. I think Fox didn't expect me to vote for him as I was townreading him most of the game and he was budding me really hard, and he need to push a last minute claim. If he had a better claim I would think he could be trying to throw shade at Bozo one way or another to get a myslynch, but it really doesn't look like that.

I was already scum reading Bozo at D3, because I really dislike the way he was analysing the game based on wagon distribution on D1, were we knew for sure both wagons were town. I think this is an easy way to seem scum hunting but instead push an agenda to try to get town lynched without taking much responsibility (“oh, X is town, so let´s lynch the other on the wagon that should be scum”). Fox did this too and he was scum.

The other reason to have Bozo as scum is that I don´t believe both Ezio and Xorxes are scum. I don't see scum Ezio pushing something like an inno scan on a scum Xorxes. He could do that last day to go for the win (like the plan we did together on another game), but with both not really under real pressure I just don't see why he would try such a plan that could easily backfire, specially not knowing which PR are on play. It looks a lot more like Xorxes described: scum Ezio trying to buddy town Xorxes and also prepare a claim (I will not insist on this as Xorxes already made his case).

This lead me to put Ezio as my second scum read. I don´t put him over Bozo, because I think there is a chance Ezio just tried to pull some weird town plan that include budding Xorxes and it backfired because Xorxes is scum. Considering how Ezio have a high regard for Xorxes play it's possible, but really unlikely.

So, I will tentatively put a vote on Bozo, but I think we need to consolidate near the end, scum have two votes and considering we are on mylo they will try to win the game today.

Will start to re-read D3 as I think it's the first day we have a scum really under pressure and if I have time I will look the other days.

##vote Bozo
The D1 wagon distribution was significant because is was unlikely all three scum jumped to ND at EOD. Now it looks like only one scum did, you or xorxes. xorxes moved from damian, where Ezio was voting, and you moved from Ezio, where Foxcastle was voting.

The D2 wagon distribution is also interesting, because if you are not scum, then all three scum voted for Squigs instead of you.

On D3, it is interesting that you moved your vote to Foxcastle right after Ezio, after refusing to vote for Foxcastle because you would have tied the vote, even though there were still four minutes until EOD.

Based on the wagon analysis that you do not like, it looks like you and Ezio are the remaining scum.

bozotheclown

#1459 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 pm

@rdrivera: On D3, Ezio was voting for me most of the day, then voted for Foxcastle. Foxcastle maintained that I was his second scum read after Balki long before he claimed to cop scan me. Do you think both scum were bussing me, and Ezio was still willing to bus Foxcastle when the vote came down to Balki vs. Foxcastle?

bozotheclown

#1460 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 pm

damian wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:17 am
Of the two I think Ezio looks scummier. Especially with the contrast between D2 and D3. And Ezio's push back yesterday against The RDR wagon, for not following his appointed town leaders.

I'm thinking if Ezio flips scum. The RDR, Fox, Ezio team I mentioned at the beginning of the day would make a lot of sense.

##Vote Ezio
It is now looking to me like you were correct. Do you still think your argument holds up?