MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#1001 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm here now. I don't think I will be able to make it earlier than this time tomorrow, so I will miss the deadline, I'd appreciate it if we can get this thing sorted out tonight...

I'm going to catch up and I'll be here for a few hours probably.

xorxes

#1002 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 pm
Sadly, not much development so far.

Some more thoughts from what I can see

Bozo -slight townlean - comes straight in discussing claiming, did something similar in M40 (as scum). To his credit though, he does seem to be pushing it a little harder this game. Would like someone to weigh in a little on his town meta/refer me to such a game.

CJG - townlean - Was scum with me in cultafia and so I paid a reasonable amount of attention to his style of posting, seems different here.

Food - slight scumlean - awkward first posts but seems to be throwing the whole new thing around a little too much for my liking

Damo - scumlean - hasn't really contributed too much in my opinion, making a reasonable amount of posts about not much. Would like to hear some thought out opinions from him, notably very little reasoning behind most of his posts (#122).

Worcej - claimed town?

Everyone else is either null, hasn't posted enough or is called brainbomb.
From Nephthy's first reads list the worst one is I think DrCJG, he gave him a pass for being different from last time when he was scum with him. When I later asked him to specify different in what way he never responded.

The read of bozo is very hedgy. Throws some shade but quickly tries to justify it.

He had had the most interaction with brainbomb up to this point but doesn't give a read.

No mention of thd (or myself).

His only scumleans are known town.

xorxes

#1003 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 pm
Maybe Jamie is the scum, and the scum team is thdfrance, Jamie, brainbomb. Or maybe Jamie was bussing xorxes and it is thdfrance, Jamie, xorxes.
What is the case on both jamie and brain (individually)

Does jamies extend beyond the defense of worecj?

Does brains extend beyond him not spamming?
It doesn't seem likely that he would be posting just to defend both teammates at the same time.

xorxes

#1004 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:33 am
Just read the last 5 pages or so, thoughts are,

- Food appears scummier
- I revert my townclear of CJG (was based of meta)
- Tdh is still my top scumread
- I don't understand the case on bozo (assuming it extends past the hypoclaim)
- Brain's excerpts from scum chat are my favourite thing in the world
- There still seems like a lot of filler posts from people (I want to especially mention worecj)
Direct interpretation: defends bozo, prepares the ground to justify a vote on DrCJG.

Indirect interpretation (since this was after N1): he was told that he should bus more and so throws some (rather minimal) shade on DrCJG.

The direct interpretation seems the most obvious choice here.

xorxes

#1005 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 pm
@food you say I aligned my views of CJG/thd with you. Can you elaborate on this for me.

I made an early TC of CJG based of meta and then revoked that early D2 when I could no longer stand by it.
This looks like he's desperate to distance himself from DrCJG. "I could no longer stand by it" but he never made any attempt to push him.

xorxes

#1006 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:18 pm
Also, to further the above, I never actually said I scum read CJG, I only revoked the TC clear I made. He is currently null/townlean for me. I do not wish to lynch CJG at this stage.
And then there's that.

xorxes

#1007 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:10 am

The bozo attack

In this section, I wish to address his defense of worcej/attacking bozo's case.

Note, while I agree with Jamie that the case was poor, I was having worcej as my top/second scumread prior to the claim

I won't slam this area with quotes as I don't find them useful for this. Essentially Jamie calls bozo out on his reading into the worcej HC town.

Conclusion from part 2

- I think this whole section is regarded as a null, it was relatively back and forwards and so I think all it could shed light on is a possible Jamie-bozo scum-pair trying to clog the thread with nonsense.
Setting bozo up for when Jamie flips scum, although he was still trying to defend Jamie at this stage.
Conclusions from part 3
- He clearly has followed through with his day reads and tries to suggest other people look closely at them (town)
- To me, it looks like damo not arriving is what ultimately changes his vote (along with at) 00:04 bozo saying he would prefer a xorxes lynch to a damo lynch. (town)
- I really don't know what to make of the last two minutes. He gives bozo the chance to tie things up OR lynch Xorxes. The chance of cross-posting here means that I am not going to put too much thought into it.
Focusing too much on the bozo-Jamie connection for them two to be his teammates.

xorxes

#1008 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm
@foodcoats: I know you can't be sure I am town, but from my perspective, the possibilities for the remaining scum are brainbomb, DrCJG, Nephthys, rdrivera, and xorxes.

Here are their latest top scum reads:
brainbomb: rdrivera, DrCJG, and myself
DrCJG: rdrivera and Nephthys
Nephthys: rdrivera and xorxes
rdrivera: unknown
xorxes: rdrivera and Nephthys

I think I was the first to suggest you shoot rdrivera, but if rdrivera is scum, that means the other scum is bussing him. That is possible, but I am not sure scum would want to do that with only two scum left.
I think you'll find I also put you in my top scum reads buddy xx

Also, you literally just listed the entire player-base except the TCs as possible scum whilst avoiding giving idea of your own. Please tell me;
A) How does this post help town?
B) How does this not confirm you as scum?

I think this is the worst post I will ever see...
The only reason I'm not clearing bozo from this post by Nephthys is that it was posted at night. He was so polite all game that this almost sounds aggressive.

bozotheclown

#1009 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 pm
DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:56 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:49 am
maybe you didnt get this.

and just in case you didnt... Jamie is voting xorxes as counter wagon to a town lynch with neph on that wagon

damo 4
xorx 3
ike 2
worcej 1

hes yelling at you to vote xorxes.

you say youd vote to tie it if those were the only options.

xorxes is cleared by this. jamie has no need to be trying to be on xorxes if hes scum with xorxes.

he ASKS you specifically to vote xorxes.

you confirm to him you would sooner tie it than risk lynching either.

Jamie doesnt want a tie here. think from his pov, what he wants is a last second shift onto xorx
I agree that Jamie's "acceptance" of Bozo creating a tie should further clear Xorxes... but I am not sure I make the leap to Bozo being scum... seems like Jamie could have been trying to play up Bozo into creating the tie to allow a scummate to eliminate the tie.
yes. also possible but I dont think bozos pushes or townreads ever actually are about finding info. he attacks people for mistakes and hits their achillies. he tried to use association wrt Jamie for days and days all while also defending Jamie excessively
Are you saying I defended Jamie, and excessively? When was that?

xorxes

#1010 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:39 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:22 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:53 am

Are you talking about just DrCJG and I? Are you sure one of us is the remaining scum?
Yes and no.
I am not sure what you are getting at Xorxes...
I think one of you two (you currently) knows for sure that was the reason. It's possible it's brain or rd, but really unlikely.

xorxes

#1011 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

The Nepthys interaction with Brain and my gut feeling is telling me it´s Brain.

##vote Brain
What do you think of the back and forth between Jamiet and brain about brain being the Doctor right before Jamiet was lynched?

worcej

#1012 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 am

Read and caught up a decent bit. I have a general question for everyone:

Knowing the order was this:
ORDER OF NIGHT ACTIONS:

1. Hooker Roleblocks
2. Mafia and Vigilante carry out kill
3. Friendly Neighbor
4. Cop / Tracker
5. Doctor
6. Oracle reveals
Why did the scum choose to target food instead of me?

worcej

#1013 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 am

Essentially, why do you think scum hit food (claimed Vig) over me (claimed tracker).

I never made it obvious who I was going to track and who I had as my other scum reads before today.

worcej

#1014 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 am

Why did they allow a free track?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1015 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

The Nepthys interaction with Brain and my gut feeling is telling me it´s Brain.

##vote Brain
What do you think of the back and forth between Jamiet and brain about brain being the Doctor right before Jamiet was lynched?
On my first read, I give a townread to Brain because of his interaction with Jamiet on D2 and also because Jamiet reaction to Brain claim seems like he truly believe. But when I did a full re-read after Nephthys flip, the way he just skipped Brain on all his reads (the same he did with Jamiet until Worcej claim) made me believe it's Brain. I think it's a lot easier for Jamiet to fake believing Brain then for Nephthys to just "miss" a town player.
The way Brain started D2 claiming there is no Vig and pushing Bozo in a weird way also strike me as scummy.
I know it's not a solid case, but after reading again my scum read on DrCjG just melt and I think Bozo is town he was key on avoiding me to be shot instead of Nephthys.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1016 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:05 am
They didn't. Obviously they have Nephthys doing the nightkill, so the other scum don't have any risk of being tracked.

xorxes

#1017 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:04 am

worcej wrote:
Essentially, why do you think scum hit food (claimed Vig) over me (claimed tracker).

I never made it obvious who I was going to track and who I had as my other scum reads before today.
DrCJG already explained why he did it, he thought food could be the Doctor instead of the Vig and didn't want to waste a NK.

xorxes

#1018 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 am

##VOTE DrCJG pretty sure that's the last scum.

I will check back the thread tomorrow morning before going to work and if possible during my lunch break, but EOD is not a time I'm usually free, so I will likely miss it.

bozotheclown

#1019 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 pm
Maybe Jamie is the scum, and the scum team is thdfrance, Jamie, brainbomb. Or maybe Jamie was bussing xorxes and it is thdfrance, Jamie, xorxes.
What is the case on both jamie and brain (individually)

Does jamies extend beyond the defense of worecj?

Does brains extend beyond him not spamming?
It doesn't seem likely that he would be posting just to defend both teammates at the same time.
Not likely but not impossible, but this does make me want to lynch DrCJG first.

bozotheclown

#1020 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:23 am

worcej wrote:
I agree it is likely what DrCJG said, but I think it is possible they switched the NK after foodcoats announce he was shooting Nephthys and had Nephthys NK foodcoats. They would only have had about three minutes, so I think the chances of that are low.