Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#701 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm

I think Squigs, Bozo, or ghug (my current vote) are all good lynches to help us better understand Day 1. I think Squigs is actually scummiest of those.

##VOTE SQUIGS

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#702 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 pm

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 pm
Considering I’ve never won a game as town. Probably not?
How do you define buddying? Have you seen it more from town or scum in the past?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#703 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm
I think Squigs, Bozo, or ghug (my current vote) are all good lynches to help us better understand Day 1. I think Squigs is actually scummiest of those.

##VOTE SQUIGS
How the fuck do I help us understand D1? I wasn't around.

Foxcastle

#704 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Because I think it's likely there's scum bussing squigs.

damian

#705 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Buddying is a scum thing. It’s when a player tried to compliment or town read someone. So that they’re more likely to town read them later.

Essentially townreading with a purpose.

Whereas the town equivalent is just townreading people for their play.

Of the two of you, Ezio’s feels more like buddying. Because he’s hard town reading you (after you said he was definetely 100% town) and trying to get people to sheep you.

Yours just feels weird because I don’t think its consistent with Ezio’s play. Which looks kind of scummy. Which makes me feel there is a purpose behind it. Though I don’t have any explict idea what that purpose is.

Foxcastle

#706 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't get Damian's scumread of me. I think his analysis of where I voted Day 1 is wrongheaded at best and disingenuous at worst. He looked pretty scummy Day 1 just by being awkward. He jumped his vote around more than anyone else, but I'm not sure that means anything. But today, he's certainly better and seems to actually be scumhunting rather than administering color tests. Town lean.

Rdrivera is always hard for me to read. I don't think he's scum here. I think he's putting himself forward more than he does as scum. I think he worked harder to blend in in M40 as scum, and I don't see that here. Town lean.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#707 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:38 pm

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 pm
Buddying is a scum thing. It’s when a player tried to compliment or town read someone. So that they’re more likely to town read them later.

Essentially townreading with a purpose.

Whereas the town equivalent is just townreading people for their play.

Of the two of you, Ezio’s feels more like buddying. Because he’s hard town reading you (after you said he was definetely 100% town) and trying to get people to sheep you.

Yours just feels weird because I don’t think its consistent with Ezio’s play. Which looks kind of scummy. Which makes me feel there is a purpose behind it. Though I don’t have any explict idea what that purpose is.
It's just me that have interpretative problems or I can't really find what your want to say with all this words.

damian

#708 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Ezio and Ghug both look scummy due to buddying each other.

Ezio’s seems more scummy because he’s trying to get people to sheep someone who has locked him in as a town-read. While not actually liking Ghug’s vote for Flum for example.

xorxes

#709 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Catching up now, there's time until EOD but if there's something important please let me know.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#710 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 pm

We’re lynching rdrivera.

xorxes

#711 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

Im feeling pretty bad for saving Squigs now (not really though). He's probably gonna end up being scum, since he still hasnt produced anything worthwhile, and that slip is just bullshit.
I'm having similar feelings, but then reading this:
I honestly think there is no way a town Squigs doesnt know who just died, and some dumbass on his team probably put him up to saying that to try and get pressure off of his back.
I thought that's something Vecna would easily say about himself or about someone in particular.

xorxes

#712 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 am
##vote Balki
What, why?

xorxes

#713 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

Ezio improved today, started to give some content, but is still doing some scummy things. Why buddy Ghug this way? Also, the push on Xorxes seems a lot like he is trying to change his meta then a real push.
I don't understand it either. Those two are always my white knights when I'm town, and I'm town this time, so it doesn't make sense. It may be that I'm coming across as scummy but still, when that happens ghug usually has a concrete reason (and impossible for me to argue against), not just gut feeling and vibes.

xorxes

#714 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:

I really dislike Balki suggestion of a mass claim at this point. He knows it won't happen now. And it could be PR fishing, as obviously no PR will claim, but the way people react to the proposition could give some info to scum. Still don't see how suggesting this help town.
Nah, it's not PR fishing. It could be filler, but I don't see Balki being so basic as to PR fish like that.
I am really getting scum vibes from Damian. I think his push on Fox seems forced and he clearly misrepresented my reaction (or lack of reaction as Fox answered for me) but didn´t follow questioning me, seems satisfied to just throw some shade on someone that is already scum read for some other people (I know it´s OMGUS). I think he look more like a scum trying to find a target then a town trying to find scum.
##vote Damian for now
Maybe. I'm not as content to lynch him as I was yesterday though.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#715 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm

This place is sleepy. Anyone have a gun?

xorxes

#716 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:10 pm
So an ND wagon develops at EOD to save Squigs, half of the Squigs wagon ends up dead, then Squigs asks Tom questions and he is being town read for it? Here is a question for everyone, what are the chances you would immediately forget someone was killed when they were voting for you?
What worries me more is that he hasn't said anything about it since (but still catching up).

Ezio

#717 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Ezio improved today, started to give some content, but is still doing some scummy things. Why buddy Ghug this way? Also, the push on Xorxes seems a lot like he is trying to change his meta then a real push.
I don't understand it either. Those two are always my white knights when I'm town, and I'm town this time, so it doesn't make sense. It may be that I'm coming across as scummy but still, when that happens ghug usually has a concrete reason (and impossible for me to argue against), not just gut feeling and vibes.
Xorxes, I am your white knight when you are town, usually because you give me something concrete to bite off of.
Look at my post where I was talking about who the wagons were going to be today. Don't I say "If Xorxes does something this is all subject to change"? I want you to lead us and save this shit of a game, but it doesn't feel like you are.

Also, most of these recent games have been me as scum with you as town which has made it pretty fucking easy to read you. Maybe this time is different because I don't actually know you're town and am getting cold feet.

Ezio

#718 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:06 pm

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm
Ezio and Ghug both look scummy due to buddying each other.

Ezio’s seems more scummy because he’s trying to get people to sheep someone who has locked him in as a town-read. While not actually liking Ghug’s vote for Flum for example.
Hold up. Didn't I say we were sheeping Flum and Vecna today?

Ezio

#719 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Ah I see the confusion. I said not whom we were sheeping, but who we were sheeping them onto.

I said we were voting
Damian (sheeping me)
Squiggs (sheeping Flum)
Balki (sheeping Vecna)

I should have made that clearer, rather than simply pointing out who we were going to vote today.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#720 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 pm
We’re lynching rdrivera.
Well, it will be the second town that isn't present at EOD.

Leaving now. If you really lynch me take a look at who jump ship without even talking to me before like Ghug.