Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#681 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 pm
Gah.
Hey ghug, do you have a past game where flum was scum? I'm getting worried he's too good at this game.
I've literally never ever been scum on webdip in all my years lmao.
Shit rally? Ok then. I have to assume the trend will continue

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#682 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 pm
What's AI?
Alignment indicative.

Tell why you think some action I have taken is more likely to come from Scum!Balki than Town!Balki. Consider what the motivation or reason for each might be (or ask me about what my motivation was) and explain why you think the action was more likely to come from Scum!Balki.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#683 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh speaking of, squiggs what do you think of Damian?
He's done some scummy stuff, but he comes off to me as one of the more genuine players right now. Everytime I read a post from him, I feel like he is sincerely scumhunting. Id rather vote for Bozo, Rdrivera, or Flum before him

Fluminator

#684 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Balki, keep defending yourself. I don't want your scum list.

Ezio

#685 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 pm
What's AI?
Alignment indicative.

Tell why you think some action I have taken is more likely to come from Scum!Balki than Town!Balki. Consider what the motivation or reason for each might be (or ask me about what my motivation was) and explain why you think the action was more likely to come from Scum!Balki.
Scum balki wants easy mislynches. In past games I've always been pretty widely scumread. As scum, you think I'm likely an easy target and figure you should see the seeds early.

His point about EoD is also accurate. If swiggds is your teammate, you saw he was safe and figured you could leave. As town, you would more likely uabe contributed more in an attempt to gain info. Weren't you the one who lecutred me about the value of reactions at EoD when people are under time pressure?

damian

#686 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Early game tends to be more chatty and casual in general. Jokes tend to taper off later.

You are right though (cross posted with you last post) that part of his game has shifted. Not just the sort of questions he asked.

damian

#687 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Point about Balki hoping in, voting and leaving EOD1 is an interesting one.

When he made his second vote though, Squig was still in first place, and the ND wagon hadn’t really taken off. If Squig was his teammate, I’d have expected him to push the Ezio wagon harder. Or do something besides just plant the vote and vanish.

Ezio

#688 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Ok I'm gonna have to go back to work very shortly
I hope to be back in in a little more than an hour.

damian

#689 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm

It is possible he was trying to decide what would be the most viable counter wagon of me or Ezio would be to Squig, but didn’t want to risk his neck pushing it.

Is that consistent with Balki’s scum meta?

Ezio

#690 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey flum can you update your mafiascum wiiki page?

Ezio

#691 Post by Ezio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm

damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm
It is possible he was trying to decide what would be the most viable counter wagon of me or Ezio would be to Squig, but didn’t want to risk his neck pushing it.

That's a pretty scummy line yea.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#692 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm

^ I like the depth of Damian’s consideration here.

If I were Balki2 trying to read Balki1’s EOD, I would be weighing the following:

- Balki1 did not make a huge effort. So, if he’s scum, he likely was not very invested in the result of the vote. If we see a bunch of townflips from the viable wagons there, that would be consistent with Scum!Balki.

- Balki1 says he has been pretty busy with other stuff. I’ve noticed that Balki1 isn’t typically shy, quiet, or lurking as either alignment. He likes to control stuff. So this is probably NAI (Not Alignment Indicative).

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#693 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm
damian wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm

That's a pretty scummy line yea.
I don’t understand Ezio’s comment. Damian did not offer up a “scummy line.”

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#694 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 pm

##VOTE bozo

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#695 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Actually fuck it ##vote Damian

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#696 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Scum balki wants easy mislynches. In past games I've always been pretty widely scumread. As scum, you think I'm likely an easy target and figure you should see the seeds early.

His point about EoD is also accurate. If swiggds is your teammate, you saw he was safe and figured you could leave. As town, you would more likely uabe contributed more in an attempt to gain info. Weren't you the one who lecutred me about the value of reactions at EoD when people are under time pressure?
1. Who was it who suggested that Town should prioritize lynching Ezio? That was...you, Ezio. Are you scumreading me for following your plan? Or, was there something in my Ezio progression that you found to be I sincere?

2. I don’t think it was me who lectured you. Though, I generally agree that time pressure and late shifts are generally productive.

I don’t think you’re really reading my alignment here with your discussion of EOD1. You’re just kind of, trying to explain why I could still be scum even if Squigs is scum. Kind of an odd point.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#697 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am
I found this Ghug wagon pretty weird. Did a quick re-read on him and didn't found anything really scummy other then his low posting (not only on quantity but also quality).
The votes on him are also weird. Fox voted him because he could be bussing Squigs (why not vote Squigs?). Flum voted him because of OMGUS (or was it a joke)? And Xorxes voted him as a placeholder.

Ezio improved today, started to give some content, but is still doing some scummy things. Why buddy Ghug this way? Also, the push on Xorxes seems a lot like he is trying to change his meta then a real push.

I really dislike Balki suggestion of a mass claim at this point. He knows it won't happen now. And it could be PR fishing, as obviously no PR will claim, but the way people react to the proposition could give some info to scum. Still don't see how suggesting this help town.

I am really getting scum vibes from Damian. I think his push on Fox seems forced and he clearly misrepresented my reaction (or lack of reaction as Fox answered for me) but didn´t follow questioning me, seems satisfied to just throw some shade on someone that is already scum read for some other people (I know it´s OMGUS). I think he look more like a scum trying to find a target then a town trying to find scum.
[]vote Damian for now
You see — this here as all the characteristics of a scummitty scumbucket post.

##vote rdrivera

I’m Town, follow me please.

damian

#698 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Scum
Fox - Haven’t seen any obvious town play from Fox. Weird voting choices EOD 1. Protective of Rdriveria.
Rdriveria - Buddying with Fox. Overly defensive seeming to be playing scared. Possible scum pairing?
Ghug - No real strong town play from Ghug. Hard buddying of Ezio.
Ezio - Real mixed bag here. Early play was scummy. Recent attempts to lead have looked pretty town. Buddying back of Ghug, (making him one of his ‘leaders of the town’ who people should sheep) despite fighting to try and get him to change his vote off of Flum. Feels real contradictory. I’d bet on one but not both of Ezio & Ghug being scum.
Squig - Coming in with a set game plan and following through seems scummy, considering he wanted to change his scum meta.

Null
Bozo - IMO anti-town play day 1. Day 2 has been much improved, and has me feeling town. But I’m worried the change is motivated by trying to fool us.
Balki - Hasn’t played enough for me to have a solid read. EOD1 was potentially weird. I don’t think its an especially strong case.
Xorxes - I don’t have really any read on him. I don’t love the super short posts.

Town
Damian - me
Flum - Feels just like town Flum always does to me. Consistent with his meta.
Vecna - Feels very strongly like town Vecna to me. Play is consistent with previous times I’ve played with him as town.

If nobody will join me on Foxcastle I’ll move to anyone else on the scum section of my list closer to EOD

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#699 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Damian weren't you good at this game at one point?

##vote Rd

damian

#700 Post by damian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Considering I’ve never won a game as town. Probably not?