Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#541 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed May 01, 2024 5:02 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:01 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:58 pm
Bunny’s bit is literally just him playing the game normally but putting the post number on the top.

Its not even a correct count, I think he did 20 twice

So bunny, why the bit? Just for shits and giggles?
Post 27:

Answering question directed at me. Also noting availability for public.

Gotta pick up kids and drive them around until 330, won't be back until very close to EOD.

But the bit is a variation on "To the GT" which also plays on the post limit and is attempting to do as ghug suggested which is showcase my thinking while also showcasing a "meta" description of the posts and EXACTLY how I got there.
Post ?:

Okay that makes sense. Follow-up question here that he most likely wont respond to

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#542 Post by ghug » Wed May 01, 2024 5:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:29 am
By the way, if anyone is wondering, I will remain a theatrical ghost for the entire duration of this game, because in my last game (as a player) I upset a few irritable, joyless individuals who do not understand the concept of fun, by changing my avatar during the game.

In this game I am trying to have fun despite the close scrutiny of the fun police, but I promise not to change my avatar.

Buzz buzz buzz!
No, you crumbed a PR with your temporary avatar, which leaves no trace, breaking the established rules of communication.

You seemed to understand at the time, but now I'm worried you haven't actually learned anything.

Bonatogether

#543 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:02 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:08 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:04 pm
I dont have four big names but I am pretty content that ghug-pirates-spartaculous are all mafia here.

if you forced me to name a fourth, id say one of balki-food-jamie, as I dont think all three of them can all be town here.

Also, just a question about that initial moment where sweet votes Balki, and then end hammers.

that seems to draw a ton of attention onto sweet. Jamie describes this as anti town, but why was there never a single iota of consideration that it might have actually been an accurate decision>?
This is 6 town lol
thumbs down

brainbomb

#544 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 5:03 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 pm

Post 24: scrolling back to read more recent...this is a bad take on scum reading a new player. They probably just don't play like you (or me), and while I think that's objectively not a good way to play, I don't see it as scummy.
The rest of the posts are about the rules of the game - telling more established players than themself to go read them.

I didnt see any effort to play as New town, town or veteran town. I didnt see them produce any townreads. they seemingly dodged foodcoats efforts to get reasoning for their vote as well.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#545 Post by ghug » Wed May 01, 2024 5:03 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am
ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 am
That's a Jamie tete et tete with Balki that might merit some looking at as the game progresses.
But why though?
Who knows. It could absolutely just be sound and fury. Just one of a set of connections for later?
I mean why does it merit looking?

sweetandcool

#546 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 01, 2024 5:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:04 pm
I dont have four big names but I am pretty content that ghug-pirates-spartaculous are all mafia here.

if you forced me to name a fourth, id say one of balki-food-jamie, as I dont think all three of them can all be town here.

Also, just a question about that initial moment where sweet votes Balki, and then end hammers.

that seems to draw a ton of attention onto sweet. Jamie describes this as anti town, but why was there never a single iota of consideration that it might have actually been an accurate decision>?
brainbomb opens with a strong pocket. And I really like it :D

Glad you could make it into the game, welcome brainbomb.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#547 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 01, 2024 5:04 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:53 pm
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm
Oh as per official newb shield Spartaculous will not receive my vote until day 3 or later. Lord of Words maybe bc hes played elsewhere
To clarify, I have played on MU, Discord, and other forums, so if you take the kid gloves off, that's fine.
This is a pretty nice post, why as scum not keep us in ignorance to just scoot by easily.
Pretty, pretty, pretty nice post.

But then, if this is an experienced player, being helpful like this may be more of a scumtell, no? I can think of a good reason to make a post like this, and I know I'd do it as scum. I don't think it's a good idea to read into the way you are. I'd still call it NAI.

Bonatogether

#548 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:18 pm
Please dont conflate fully reading the game and following along as a spectator to mean that I digested every micro detail of every nuance of every read. I saw sweet made a big splash very early by end hammering on Balki and I read the reactions, and there was certainly some things worth talking about there.

Worcejs statement about "we always just go for this guy" (wrt to sweet)

Your proclamations that it was anti town to anchor vote, hammer and leave the thread. I had many thoughts on that. For a while I thought wow, Jamie got him. Then for a while I thought, this is just jamie bussing sweet. Then eventually I thought, wait, what if Jamie was defending scum buddy Balki by masking with all this bullshit some other narrative to suit his needs. And finally im at the idea of, Jamie isnt the centerpeice of the strangeness here. maybe sweet looks like shit there but it did make me think alot about the game as a whole, and made me wonder more about BALKI than it did about sweet. and this is still true now.
these thoughts from beancomb are good but were generated before he entered the game and so are not useful as a determinant

Bonatogether

#549 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:24 pm
In closing, Sparta is scum. Do not let Spart live long. LONG LIVE SPARTA = Bad Idea, Gerard Butler must die.

that is all I have for this phase. I have meetings the rest of the day, so bye fam.

The following people are town and youd be an idiot to eliminate them
bunnygo
bozo
bona
damo

If Balki is town also, then every player in this game whose name begins with a B is town. Suck on that ya fat mafia fucks
b-b-b-based

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#550 Post by ghug » Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:09 pm

Ghug might be your friend, but how convinced are you that he is definitely your team mate?

(Or, did the GM already tell you that?)
I think this is the most compelling post I've read all game.
This is such a strange re-entry to the game.

Why this (imo very mediocre) post of all things to comment on out of the blue? And to be of such high praise?
Vecna continues to sheep me.

Vecna

#551 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
In closing, Sparta is scum. Do not let Spart live long. LONG LIVE SPARTA = Bad Idea, Gerard Butler must die.

that is all I have for this phase. I have meetings the rest of the day, so bye fam.

bunnygo
bozo
bona
damo

If Balki is town also, then every player in this game whose name begins with a B is town. Suck on that ya fat mafia fucks
Quite a lot to digest.

While I really really hate most of the reads.....the big wallthing of thoughts seems like itd be pretty hard to just fabricate on the spot.

Bonatogether

#552 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:17 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.
That’s interesting. I’ve never played with bona before, but yeah, he feels like he’s playing… aggressively? I dunno if that’s the right word, but on vibes general tone he’s established a strong front. I feel such fearlessness is town leaning, but I’m not sure if a) bona is always like this, and/or b) it’s a facade/trick of scum.

Not fully caught up yet, I’ll drop some more thoughts later.
I'm new here and it's D1, so what I said isn't necessarily ironclad, but it would be a bold strategy for scum.
please post more so i can learn about you

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#553 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:

bunnygo
bozo
bona
damo

b-b-b-based
#brainbombisbeekeeper

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#554 Post by ghug » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:26 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:32 pm
DrFidelis wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:14 pm
#CALL GM

May I replaced? I do not have the time anymore to be following a mafia game.
Town.

Incorrect analysis method - NAI imho
But, and hear me out here, what about...

swing the subs?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#555 Post by Hamilton Brian » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:03 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 am
ghug wrote:

But why though?
Who knows. It could absolutely just be sound and fury. Just one of a set of connections for later?
I mean why does it merit looking?
Everything deserves scrutiny

Vecna

#556 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:

This is such a strange re-entry to the game.

Why this (imo very mediocre) post of all things to comment on out of the blue? And to be of such high praise?
Vecna continues to sheep me.
Youre sorta lucky you at least call out the same thoughts a few times so far, or id be on your ass all the way too sunday baby.

Your aura is all sorts of off

Bonatogether

#557 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:42 pm
ghug wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Oh Ham no
hah, i know whats coming next
i don't, please explain

Bonatogether

#558 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 01, 2024 5:08 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:44 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am

Vecna is notably different than last game thus far. Why do you think he's treating you differently.
Its really puzzling to me how pretty much every game loads of people say this, then 10 pages later im suddenly their ironclad townread, and then I die.

Also, I had like a single 24h period of activity last game in which Balki wasnt really around since he was on a beach somewhere, where I solved pretty much the entire game 8-)
Okay but you know that has absolutely nothing to do with your alignment this game.

This is sort of a ‘get out of jail free card’ for day 1 that you’re playing right now
you don't ever make points about shit in the game. this is shit about the game but not in the game. get real

Vecna

#559 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 5:08 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:59 pm
##Vote spartaculous

This is mafia for sure.
Spartaculous wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:55 am

Ousting people who are not me from the game is, probabilistically speaking, a good decision for me. One of them is as good as another.
This statement does not provide any basis for how this person scumreads anyone else. Nor does it establish a town alignment.
##vote spartaculous

I'm impressed with how hot he's come into this. Worth me contributing to his read.
:sick:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#560 Post by ghug » Wed May 01, 2024 5:08 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:57 pm
@ghug, Vecna is treating me differently than he did last game. Please investigate and discuss.
Vecna is notably different than last game thus far. Why do you think he's treating you differently.
Its really puzzling to me how pretty much every game loads of people say this, then 10 pages later im suddenly their ironclad townread, and then I die.

Also, I had like a single 24h period of activity last game in which Balki wasnt really around since he was on a beach somewhere, where I solved pretty much the entire game 8-)
I'm not accusing you of being scummy. This is very much how you've played many games as town.

It's just different, I'm curious why Balki specifically thinks that difference is about him.