Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#541 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm

I town read xorx very early on because gut, but not much since then.
Damian... I have no idea yet.

Ezio

#542 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:28 pm

Ok flum do me a favor. You say I'm smart (thank$) but frankly I think I suck at scumhinting. I'm much better at townxlearing people.
Here's the favor:
Read xorxes. Then read him again. Remember all the past games of xorxes carrying everyone's assss? Does this look or feel anything like that?

Ezio

#543 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Yo ghug you too. You say you can read xorxes perfectly. We've discussed this. Normally we say wait unitl d3 to give him two days to solve it, but frankly this game seems like an exception.

Fluminator

#544 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:35 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a xorx carry game to compare it to. (I'm sure they exist) I'm going to be no help on meta for him.

He hasn't been spectacular this game yet, but I need him to post more.

Fluminator

#545 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 pm

ghug scum reads xorx apparently.

Ezio

#546 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Also bozo, you need to contribute more. I think you're town and we need more town voices making discussion. Even if you're not confident, which I know you're not confident, say what things you're considering.
What lines are going through your head. Even if they don't go anywhere, you should still say shit.

This game is going to be hard purely because of lack of volume. Normally I'm part of the problem, but after last game (rip snowy), I'm not gonna do that shit again and you shouldn't either.
If you're wrong, learn from it and get better. If you're right, congrats you've helped.

bozotheclown

#547 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 pm
##VOTE GHUG

The Squigs wagon is interesting. If he's town, it's pretty likely that ghug and/or Bozo are scum; if he's scum (which I think he is), it's possible that Bozo or ghug bussed him anyway. Of those two, Bozo looks scummiest, but ghug is more dangerous...
Why is it likely there was a scum on Squigs if he is town?
From what I have seen, scum tend to avoid clumping together, so I really doubt all three of them are on ND. That's not perfect in this case, because if Squigs was saved, then the scum had to support the ND wagon to do it. But even in that case, I think at least one scum would go somewhere else, and where better than to bus their scummate who they know is likely to remain on the chopping block in coming days?

If it was town-v-town, then scum didn't need to help the ND wagon at all. My general thought on scum is that they don't want to clump up and they want to blend in, they don't want to be implicated in a mislynch but also don't want to be seen totally avoiding the action, and so the second place wagon is a good place for one of them to land.

But I think this is the smallest game I've played, and that could make a difference (I don't see how, but maybe), and also they have a day chat, which means they can coordinate themselves much better if they do decide to bus/clump/whatever.
The four votes on the Squigs wagon were old, and the most recent we know was town, so no one on Squigs (specifically ghug or myself) could have made the kinds of decisions you are talking about, since we had no way of knowing how the vote would end. We certainly would not know we would end up on the second place wagon.

xorxes

#548 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:15 pm

##VOTE ghug while I catch up.

xorxes

#549 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm
I don't really think Flum is scum either.
Best townreads are damian and Flum currently.

Worried about Balki a smidge. Still think squigs is scum. Unsure on most of the rest.
Can you provide more details in your reads? You have gone on at length about me, but what about your other reads?

I am especially curious what you meant about Balki, in light of this comment by you:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm
I’ve played on a scum team with Balki and noticed basically no difference in his play style as either alignment, for what it’s worrh
Was this meant as a joke? Sorry, but I can't allow this as a townslip.

xorxes

#550 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:37 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:26 am

Will you share with us what you learned from his reaction? Or is that classified too?
His reaction is available in the thread for all to interpret for themselves.
bozo gets crankier and crankier. Scum notch +1

xorxes

#551 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 am

I think unconciously everyone agrees with what Ezio proposed. It just doesnt need to take up a large portion of your posting, it doesnt have to be said in the way he did. Obviously he had a point. Whether it came from the right place, I dno. I think it was also a bit of a cheap shot from Balki to attack the wording n all that.
The main problem with the proposal, like with any scheme of that sort, is that it gives scum an excuse to vote according to some mechanical pre-established rule instead of providing their own reasons. I don't really know why people keep coming up with those things, but I can't bring myself to scumread Ezio for that yet.

xorxes

#552 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:25 am
Two confirmed town ended the day on squiggs after a wagon came from seemly nowhere to bring him down.

I think the votes that look the worst are the people who shifted from Damian to ND at the moment.

That's Xorxes and Vecna (with a pitstop on RD). Flum also looks bad, but not as much because of his votes as his play.
Ezio, this is annoying because I know you're smart but you havent been showing it this game. Where were you the entire phase? How did you think people would react to your first long post? Do you really think it's so simple that the people who led a lynch on ND are now suspicious? Is it that simple to you?

If you're saying the wagon was suspicious that means you think another top wagon was scum being protected. Who?
The only one that could have been protected by the ND wagon I think was Squigs, and that's the reason most of us gave to vote ND anyway, so if Squigs ever flips scum there will be a lot of people with something to answer.

xorxes

#553 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Fox, you going to be around next end of day? The only other game I was in with you, you were scum and you always either avoided eod or awkwardly stood there when it happened. I'd like to know if I can expect you to be around next time. (I mean real life is important so I'm not judging, but you know I'm curious)
Awkward standing is kinda my forte, but I expect to be around EOD on Wednesday and Friday, but I have a dinner on Sunday (EOD 4) that I probably won't check in from.
Sunday would be the optimal time to push your wagon then. I'll jot that down in case I'm still here.

If there's any protective role out there consider that in a recent game Tom was the N1 kill and I was the N2 kill, so please bear that in mind.

xorxes

#554 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 pm

If Squigs is scum, did ghug or Bozo bus him, or was that too risky and either Ezio was lurking on Damian, or Balki or I were camping out on Ezio?
Could you repeat that question please? Are you asking us what you were doing?

Vecna

#555 Post by Vecna » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Hello. HJow are u all?

Vecna

#556 Post by Vecna » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm

too muych too read. Bye. Goodnight. lseeptime

Vecna

#557 Post by Vecna » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm

nah sleep is boring. Game solve time

xorxes

#558 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm
I knew something seemed wrong about Fox's post.
I'm really not sure "I was comfortable with a damian lynch" is coming from. It doesn't make sense as a post mortem on his voting.

His vote for Ezio came after the wagon on me was already down to 2 people.
He also posted about Squig and ND on page 18 after the ND wagon had started rolling.

I was no longer particularly likely to be lynched when he was making his votes. Feels odd, like he was just looking for something to say about the day
Good observation.

Vecna

#559 Post by Vecna » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Fox, you going to be around next end of day? The only other game I was in with you, you were scum and you always either avoided eod or awkwardly stood there when it happened. I'd like to know if I can expect you to be around next time. (I mean real life is important so I'm not judging, but you know I'm curious)
brooooo

Towncore=vecna, flum, fox

All hard-town. ##trust

xorxes

#560 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm
nah sleep is boring. Game solve time
Ouch, this is coming out a little bit tryhard, Vecna.