MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DrCJG

Re: MINI MAFIA IV GAME THREAD

#521 Post by DrCJG » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 pm

DRCJG EON1 Readlist
7 TOWN, 3 SCUM

TOWN
  • DRCJG - A slinky slink type, whose routinely high W/Post count leads people to think he doesn't post much.
TOWNLEAN
  • Jamie -
    • Seems very relaxed compared to usual... he got a little frustrated "defending Worcej," but otherwise he gave logical arguments and appeared to be taking in information from all sources rather than tunneling.
    • Xorxes was off wagon when Jamie moved Damo to Xorxes and made it 4-3 Damo-Xorxes... scum!Jamie could have trusted scum!Xorxes to vote for self preservation... but several other people should have been around at EOD that could have jumped on Xorxes and all in all it seems like it would have been far to big of a risk for the reward... therefore I assume if Jamie is scum then Xorxes is not.
  • RagingIke - With so little said, it is hard to have much of a feeling... but I thought his calling out of Jamie's vote as invalid in the final minute was a towny move. I also thought his exchange with Xorxes and reasoning for voting Xorxes was sound.
  • Bozo -
    • Extended discussion about mechanics can be scum indicative, but more so after D1. I found his hypoclaim and nolynch suggestions to be genuine, though it did slide towards more of polling and less of arguing merits.
NULL
  • Brainbomb - The lack of tension between him and Jamie... or really anyone is surprising, but I am trying to keep it NAI as BB is clearly skilled enough to change styles and not always play the role of aggravating PR hunter. I have to believe he really missed EOD... because I would be willing to bet everyone a large supreme papa john's pizza that town!Brain would not have sat on Ike at the end of that day... speaking of his strange bets... his repetition of "im not wolf... with X" does look scummy, but again I think is just BB being... BB.
  • foodcoats -
    • I was reading him as town and a new player that I just generally disagreed with, but as I start to feel like he is more experienced I am starting to get a scum vibe from him like he is being pretty calculated with his posts.
    • Was on the Damo wagon... and I do hope that wasn't a town only wagon
  • Nephthys
    • Despite foods claim that Neph is focused and aggressive, I find Neph to have been quite blendy... he didn't take any unpopular opinions... didnt push anyone.. and seemed to flitter between discussions and follow up with polite requests for elaboration
    • Voted Damo to encourage discussion… when in face he pushed the wagon to 5-1 (granted almost 24hrs before EOD), but doesn’t mention Damo again until 3 mins before EOD to question why Damo wouldn’t defend himself and that he would be willing to move off Damo… reads as trying to prepare for Damo flipping town.
SCUMLEAN
  • Worcej
    • Most of D1 he spent defending rather silly accusations and I initially scumread him for failing to ignore it and add substance to other discussions… but he responded well to questions closer to the end of the day.
    • Found his reasoning for voting Damo (to pressure him and then because he thinks Damo is dumb) to be foolish and poor play… but genuine… at the same time I would have expected town!worcej to engage with me at EOD regarding Damo’s absence and the lack of movement and consider another wagon given he admitted to having no read on Damo.
    • I also find it suspicious that his counter wagon to Damo evaporated early. I voted him with 4 hours left to make it 4-3 Damo – Worcej. It seems others were critical of him and yet it stalled… for now I attribute it to him providing good answers/comments at the end of the day… but it was shot down early enough that he wasn’t in jeopardy in the final minutes.
  • thdfrance
    • Joins a vote on Worcej at the request of Damo then 2 posts and 24 hours later votes Damo stating he doesn't have any strong feelings but likes the arguments made on Damo and will park his vote there
    • It’s a scummy way to vote and he followed it by claiming he is going to post full read lists, but doesn’t show up until 7 mins after EOD to say that he isn’t scum and that he doesn’t have a ton to contribute….
  • Xorxes -
    • Was reading closely enough to mock Jamie's misread of BB and the use of "rather" ... but provided superficial comments and questions
    • Awkward accusation/pressure of Worcej to hardclaim town... not sure what he was really going for... scum!Xorxes could be trying to bus teammate? set up bozo? smear Worcej? ... town!Xorxes could just be being an idiot? I think Xorxes is better than that.
    • My vote on him was my first attempt to get a true counter wagon to Damo making it 4-3 Damo-Xorxes. Brain left 30 mins later, Jamie with 6 hours left in the day. His defensiveness and aggression towards my vote seems scummy to me (but I am certainly bias and should watch myself for tunneling).
    • If Xorxes is town, at least he may have drawn enough heat to not get fear killed N1.
    • I understood his vote on Ike to be largely a joke/pressure... but he remained... he accused Worcej of knowing Damo would flip town... but only offered to vote me (which he didn't do even though if he scum read me and wanted to form a counter wagon then voting me made far more sense then remaining on Ike). Unlike BB who may have been gone at EOD... Xorxes clearly wasn't... and I don't think town!Xorxes would have let the day end that quietly.
SCUM

@ Worcej - You never answered my question about what other wagon you would have liked to see formed to counter Damo. Do you think we can read into the struggles to form a counter wagon or do you think we have to chalk it up to a lack of EOD presence?

@ Xorxes - Why did you stay on Ike at the end of the day? You vocally scum read me more and Ike wasn't going anywhere and hadn't said enough to be a realistic counter wagon.

foodcoats

#522 Post by foodcoats » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm
scum is likely preparing counter claims since tomorrow may be wcs lylo. be prepared to read and stay sharp
What is WCS? Also how would it be LYLO? We could go down to 4 townies vs 3 mafia and then day 3 would be LYLO right?

brainbomb

#523 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

I hope you dont think me being reasonable is just a cop out to avoid pressure

brainbomb

#524 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:51 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:43 pm
scum is likely preparing counter claims since tomorrow may be wcs lylo. be prepared to read and stay sharp
What is WCS? Also how would it be LYLO? We could go down to 4 townies vs 3 mafia and then day 3 would be LYLO right?
worst case scenario is we have a vig who misfires and scum hits the cop.

then its 8-3 and although not lylo it makes the vig unable to use any further actions.

making it 1 step away from lylo.

brainbomb

#525 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:54 pm

wait no if vig misfires and scum kills cop its 5 v 3

original setup was 11 players, 3 scum vs 3 pr and 5 vts.

so if 2 PR are dead yea its lylo if a vig misfires and scum hits cop.

with only 1 clear out of 5 town alive.tomorrow is indeed possuble lylo

brainbomb

#526 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:55 pm

am I wrong?

xorxes

#527 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 pm
the way youre doing your reads just tiers them by your willingness to lynch. which doesnt tell us if you townread the ppl or not. probably seems reachy to say but why be so peculiar about how you read folks. I think just being straightforward and calling people town or scum works better

ive wanted to lynch ppl ive townread many times for the fact theyre annoying. im sure ppl feel that way Bout me too
Call the two top layers town and the two bottom layers scum if you prefer, but then I have too many scum ;)

brainbomb

#528 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:56 pm

you can ne'er have too many scum my son

brainbomb

#529 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 pm

anyways Im 100% certain ill survive tonight as nobody cares about bb.

lets rock and roll bae

brainbomb

#530 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:59 pm

im really excited to learn more about bozo!

yavuzovic

#531 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 pm

DAY HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD

yavuzovic

#532 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm

A scream was heard. Everyone got out of their tents. Yavuzquigs asked:
"What was that?"
Nobody knew what happened. Nobody replied. Yavuzquigs roared:
"WHAT WAS IT!?"
"Look!" said someone from the crowd. Everyone looked at a point. Yavuzquigs looked where they looked and saw RagingIke, his most loyal man's corpse. He was stabbed to death.

RagingIke has died. He was Loyal Lindsey the VANILLA TOWN.

Day 3 has started. You may now post.

brainbomb

#533 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm

he who longsuffers does not bore.

may his afterlie be as calm as a clam

brainbomb

#534 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm

DAY 3???

HOLY FUCK HOW MUCH HAVE I MISSED

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#535 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm

##GM Note:
Bot didn't pick up the kill. Let's try this again:

RagingIke297 has died. He was Loyal Lindsey the VANILLA TOWN

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#536 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:05 pm
DAY 3???

HOLY FUCK HOW MUCH HAVE I MISSED
##GM Note: It is currently day 2, not 3

yavuzovic

#537 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:12 pm

##GM NOTE
Squigs is right. It's Day 2. My mistake, sorry.

xorxes

#538 Post by xorxes » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:13 pm

I guess that reduces my scumpool to three

brainbomb

#539 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:22 pm

he he he he

##Vote bozo

*waves* hiiii

worcej