Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: Mafia Invitational - Welcome to Wakanda

#501 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm
Flum, explain to me how being aggressively against sharing information or thought processes is town behaviour? I don't get the motivation.
Look, there's so much scummy behaviour going on by so many people, I'm looking for anything that's a town-tell right now.
His matter-of-fact statement that he was going for a reaction on you in hindsight when not being pressed, and not making a big deal of it is something I'll buy.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#502 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:20 pm
what. really ghug? squiggs is town for that?

bozo was pretty town on a reread.
You don't forget you killed someone less than a day after killing them.
It's impossible he's faking a townslip? Considering you do that all the time (even as town) why isn't that a possibility for you?
I fake subtle townslips. They need to look like accidents. That one's too brazen to fake.

bozotheclown

#504 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm
Has Foxy ever been scum a second time since his first game?
Yes, in M37.

Fluminator

#505 Post by Fluminator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Got to go work.
##Vote rdrivera for seeing him view this topic a lot today so far and never posting.

bozotheclown

#506 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm
Fluminator wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm

You don't forget you killed someone less than a day after killing them.
It's impossible he's faking a townslip? Considering you do that all the time (even as town) why isn't that a possibility for you?
I fake subtle townslips. They need to look like accidents. That one's too brazen to fake.
If you think he really did not know or forgot Tom was dead, didn't it look like an accident?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#507 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 pm

I think I owe an answer to Bozo and Squigs about my remark about Squigs not being scum saved.

I still don´t think it was, unless Squigs flip scum, which will surprise me as he looks towny to me. Squigs was on the lead from 08 hours to EOD until 15 minutes without any real attempt to change this. Flum voted ND and Vecna also voted ND with 1:30 hour to EOD and both Damian and me called it as a scummy move and this wagon stayed at 2 votes for more than an hour.
Then with 15 minutes to EOD, Fox voted Damian and put him at second with three votes. Then something started to happen. Balki moved from Damian to Ezio putting him at second with 3 votes and Damian back to two. Then Xorxes, Squigs and Damian voted ND to put him on the lead and I voted him last minute. If someone was scum saved here I think it's Damian or Ezio on my opinion. But I think most of the people that jumped ND last moment are town that didn't want to lynch Squigs. I know for sure I jumped on his wagon because I thought it was more likely ND being scum then Squigs.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#508 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:50 pm
Got to go work.
##Vote rdrivera for seeing him view this topic a lot today so far and never posting.
Flum, this is bullshit and you know. If I want to do that I can use Peter's tool or enter as anonymous. I was reading the thread to get data for the analysis I just posted.

Foxcastle

#509 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:07 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 pm
I think I owe an answer to Bozo and Squigs about my remark about Squigs not being scum saved.

I still don´t think it was, unless Squigs flip scum, which will surprise me as he looks towny to me. Squigs was on the lead from 08 hours to EOD until 15 minutes without any real attempt to change this. Flum voted ND and Vecna also voted ND with 1:30 hour to EOD and both Damian and me called it as a scummy move and this wagon stayed at 2 votes for more than an hour.
Then with 15 minutes to EOD, Fox voted Damian and put him at second with three votes. Then something started to happen. Balki moved from Damian to Ezio putting him at second with 3 votes and Damian back to two. Then Xorxes, Squigs and Damian voted ND to put him on the lead and I voted him last minute. If someone was scum saved here I think it's Damian or Ezio on my opinion. But I think most of the people that jumped ND last moment are town that didn't want to lynch Squigs. I know for sure I jumped on his wagon because I thought it was more likely ND being scum then Squigs.
You're misreading the record, Rdrivera. The vote at 15 minutes to go was Balki off of me onto Damian, and then he immediately moved from Damian to Ezio.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#510 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:07 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 pm

You're misreading the record, Rdrivera. The vote at 15 minutes to go was Balki off of me onto Damian, and then he immediately moved from Damian to Ezio.
Yep, you are right, Balki voted twice, first Damian and then Ezio.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#511 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm
Fluminator wrote:

If you think he really did not know or forgot Tom was dead, didn't it look like an accident?
Yes bozo it's a paradox

damian

#512 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Ultimately.

With 34 minutes left to play during day 1. Fox made his last post about wanting to choose Squig over lesser scum reads if it came to it.

But, the Ezio wagon you were sticking with was essentially un-led.
Fox had to leave, Rdr was pushing against the ND wagon.
Feels an awful lot like vote parking to me. You've played enough to know without someone pushing for it, its unlikely a wagon will take off that close to deadline.

If Fox had actually wanted to lynch Squig as a second choice. Consolidating to the leading wagon from an un-led wagon with 34 minutes to go would have been the right choice.

##Vote Fox

Foxcastle

#513 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Ultimately.

With 34 minutes left to play during day 1. Fox made his last post about wanting to choose Squig over lesser scum reads if it came to it.

Feels an awful lot like vote parking to me. You've played enough to know without someone pushing for it, its unlikely a wagon will take off that close to deadline.

If Fox had actually wanted to lynch Squig as a second choice. Consolidating to the leading wagon from an un-led wagon with 34 minutes to go would have been the right choice.

##Vote Fox
You have some things wrong here.

I did not say I wanted to choose Squigs*, I said "But if it comes down to him and lesser scumreads, I’ll vote for him." And while it's true that it did, I wasn't around to actually make that vote.

(*I mean, I do want to choose Squigs, but Ezio was/is a higher priority for me.)

Claiming Rdrivera was pushing against the ND wagon seems a little construed. What he said was, "And for the record, I don´t have a town read on ND, just don´t have anything that stroke me as scummy and find weird the voting on him started after he leaved."

And finally, on your last point, the situation 34 minutes from EOD had been static for an hour before that. The idea that there was a "right choice" 34 minutes out is foolish: 34 minutes is an eternity in which all sorts of wagons can be born or die.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#514 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm
damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Ultimately.

##Vote Fox
You have some things wrong here.

I did not say I wanted to choose Squigs*, I said "But if it comes down to him and lesser scumreads, I’ll vote for him." And while it's true that it did, I wasn't around to actually make that vote.

(*I mean, I do want to choose Squigs, but Ezio was/is a higher priority for me.)

Claiming Rdrivera was pushing against the ND wagon seems a little construed. What he said was, "And for the record, I don´t have a town read on ND, just don´t have anything that stroke me as scummy and find weird the voting on him started after he leaved."

And finally, on your last point, the situation 34 minutes from EOD had been static for an hour before that. The idea that there was a "right choice" 34 minutes out is foolish: 34 minutes is an eternity in which all sorts of wagons can be born or die.
Thank you for answering this for me and probably better then me.

I think I will designate you as my official spokesman...

damian

#515 Post by damian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

I really don’t think I do.
Your top two scum reads on your post just prior to the one mentioned we’re Squig and Ezio. I don’t think I’m mischaracterizing to say you’d want to lynch your second scum read.

I’m also not accusing Rdrivera of anything so I’m not clear on why he’s so defensive. All I was saying is he wasn’t pushing the Ezio lynch hard. So you had no reason to expect it to materialize.

If 34 minutes out you weren’t sure you could go back and your second scum read is the leading wagon it makes sense to move to that. When the wagon you’re on doesn’t have a driving force.

Foxcastle

#516 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm

I will be your spokeman, Rdrivera, if town agrees that they'll lynch you for anything I say ;)

Foxcastle

#517 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm
Your top two scum reads on your post just prior to the one mentioned we’re Squig and Ezio. I don’t think I’m mischaracterizing to say you’d want to lynch your second scum read.

I’m also not accusing Rdrivera of anything so I’m not clear on why he’s so defensive. All I was saying is he wasn’t pushing the Ezio lynch hard. So you had no reason to expect it to materialize.

If 34 minutes out you weren’t sure you could go back and your second scum read is the leading wagon it makes sense to move to that. When the wagon you’re on doesn’t have a driving force.
Either you're expecting me to be able to accurately predict how EOD will go 34 minutes out, or you have unrealistic expectations of people who aren't online for EOD. There are millions of scenarios that could have happened in the last 34 minutes. I thought Ezio was worth keeping a vote on. Claiming that I had a more ideal vote after you've had 20 hours to review EOD and think about it just Monday morning quarterbacking.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#518 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:04 pm

damian wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

I am not defensive, it was Fox that was defending me 8-)

Ezio

#519 Post by Ezio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Ok. I think xorxes and Damian are scum together.

Not sure who the last one is.
I'm pretty sure flum and ghug are town.
I'm less sure about Fox Castle, but def town lean there.
There's someone else I'm sure is town, other than me, but I can't remember who. I'll let you know when I get back to my notes.
I'll ##vote Damian again. It's where we should have been yesterday, but when he flips scum we bring down xorxes next.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#520 Post by ghug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 pm
Ok. I think xorxes and Damian are scum together.

Not sure who the last one is.
I'm pretty sure flum and ghug are town.
I'm less sure about Fox Castle, but def town lean there.
There's someone else I'm sure is town, other than me, but I can't remember who. I'll let you know when I get back to my notes.
I'll ##vote Damian again. It's where we should have been yesterday, but when he flips scum we bring down xorxes next.
Why do you think xorxes and Damian are scum together?