Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 42 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

#3961 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:22 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:53 am
LordQuas wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 am

ike's theory strikes me as the play of a crazy person, whether that's scum making a wacky gambit or town just ??in it remains to be seen but

^ this post gives me the heebie jeebies, why are you agreeing with him damo
I'm only agreeing in the sense that on bare probs it's v unlikely but we have seen two successful kills so I assume Tom got lucky rather than some mega deep scum scam. I was just working out the a priori probs.

Scum is demon, Dt, Ezio, MF, Xor but if one or two (max) wrong then emc, Neph, rdr, vapor, Vec, you
You listed 5 scum, any reason for this?
I was a bit pissed and clearly couldn't count. I'd say those 5 contain at least 3 scum.

e.m.c^42

#3962 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:27 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 pm
Oh yay, it's not close anymore.

dunno if it's worth changing votes this late tho, 2 mins left
What did poet mean here?

Why would you want to lynch thamrick this much?
Lol, yes. Am tempted to vote thamrick all of a sudden as well, but that would be just stupid, causing a 3 way tie---but Xorxes feels like the previous town lynches tho, i could be completely wrong.
If you believed he was scummier than Xorxes why didn't you vote him, a tie could easily be broken by someone voting him. Also as we know thamrick was town here my theory is this:
If e.m.c^42 is scum, xorxes is definitely town. He stayed on him until 1 minute remained. If the lynch didn't evolve to thamrick vagon he would stay on xorxes and try to make him lynched.

Well, for changing votes, it was because xorxes became a pretty much non-viable wagon, and there was no point staying on it anymore--better to move to the top one, like Neph said, and raise the difference between the 1st and 2nd.

and I didn't feel Thamrick was scummier, actually thought he was a bit better off than xorxes, especially with his "lynch-if-i-die" list, but at that time thought it could've been a last-minute tactic to avoid a lynch; so voted first for xorxes, who contributed less than Thamrick.

But that reasoning/feeling, honestly, I think gets applied by me on everyone unfortunately.
if someone's leading a wagon with another one close behind, whoever's leading when I read feels more plausibly town lmfao.

e.m.c^42

#3963 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:33 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:37 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:25 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 am

https://pasteboard.co/I0Uea2v.png
##GM Call: Permission to +1 this post?
Seconded, it's a masterpiece
I thought it was ##Call GM: do both formats work? haha

e.m.c^42

#3965 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:28 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm
GM Note:
Response to calls: https://imgflip.com/i/2tkmgo

Also: https://imgflip.com/i/2tkmls
I suppose that's a yes? I'm not sure if calls are picked up manually or on bot, so was wondering if there's only one format to do so :D

e.m.c^42

#3966 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Well, might as well start typing up the comparably more plausible theories, since it turns out the fight between Brain and Jamie was an act this time (it's been a ongoing background theory for long that I was surprised when it actually came true for once XD)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3967 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Where, oh where is Veccypoo?

yavuzovic

#3968 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Can someone prepare a list of claims so far, so you will have revise the game and I learn more about the claims. I only read the pages after I came.

Vecna

#3969 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:53 pm

MoscowFleet wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Alright, I just finished reading today. And goddamn Tom, you're the fucking goat. Well done.

I'll be honest, I was leaning town on both Jamie and brain. It's probably a sign that I should stop lazily townreading them based off of volume and demeanor. Also imagine the mafia qt, lmfao
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:35 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 am
@DoubtingThomas: Why are you so desperate to ride to Brainbomb's defence? What makes you 100% convinced that he is town? Why do you attack anyone who suspects him?
+1

I could see a BB/Jamie scum team, the seem to keep lining up on the same people then go back to fighting each other once they realize it
Townreading Ike for this. This is some legitimate logic, if he were scum and wanted to say this I think he would say something closer to "Jamie and brain interactions feel off".

I'm also apparently up for lynch, which is weird af to me since I've basically been absent since d1. What are you scumreading me for, being busy?

I'm down for a xorxes lynch though. I find myself agreeing with ghug about how his observations are focused on mechanics and has done remarkably little scumhunting of his own.
xorxes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
People that should not be lynched today because they are probably town: Ezio, emc, Nephthys, damo, DT

People that should not be lynched because they are nullish but may still be town: Tom B., rivera, LordQ, Vecna, ghug (only lynch if they claim scum).

People that are probably town but you may lynch if you wish: bb, Jamiet, CFox, Vaporwave

People that I don't remember anything about: Ike, Moscow, thamrick, dargo, RHK, peterlund

People that are good lynches: bozo, thdfrance

I think that's everyone. If I left someone out it was fully intentional and should be scrutinized in great detail.
Also, tf is this shit? They're probably town but we can lynch them if we wish? Just happens to be bb and Jamie? This is Xorxes setting himself up as townreading them but still being able to bus.
If MF ever does turn up scum, this post should indicate that Ike could be as well. Scum were shooting for cop last night, so they would very likely be aware there would be hints towards jamiet dying. Ike then making that stellar read, to have MF point it out.....yeah.

It feels a little premeditated to me.

Vecna

#3970 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:54 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm
GM Note:
yavuzovic HAS REPLACED CrimsonFox.
Oh. thats juicy

Vecna

#3971 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm

peterlund wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm
I question how you are able to publish a reads list without reading large parts of the recent thread (30 mins between finding out brain/Jamie died and publishing a full reads list is not enough to read and consider it).
I do not get what you are talking about. I have never published any "read list" so far in this game. Are you mistaking me for some other person in the game perhaps? How is it with your own reading of the thread? This is exactly the reason why I don' like Tham to put you into his town read section...
I couldve sworn he actually did do this day1? Not a lot of real thought mustve gone into that if he doesnt even remember it himself lol

Vecna

#3972 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:03 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 pm
Theory time, Brainbomb and Jamie fell out night 1 in the maf chat, so they cooked up a plan, they held the night kill last night and got Tom to claim cop who was doc saved with scans on them becuase that outs the desperado or is 2 days wasted for town. Real doc can't say anything without outting and neither can real cop. If there is a real cop out there and he scanned a lynch or Nk and only has 1 inno scan, why would he claim? At this point, Tom is solid town and if there is any counterclaim, the odds that the counterclaimant will have a way to prove they're the real cop is low..... Probably not the case, but the scum team had Jamie and BB so anything is possible, you heard it here first folks
This just feels like scum trying to force weird theories.

Scum sacrefising 3 of their own, while the real cop is still out there? Sure buddy. Sure.

Vecna

#3973 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Okay okay, I misread it. Jeez. Are you just going to be harping on this for the rest of the game?
10 bucks says someone tries to get me lynched day 5 for that theory I just came up with as the basis of their case
Your theory was so bizarre that I am giving you town points for it.
Yeah, im completely pocketed by Rdrivera this game, and I dont think anything is gonna make me want to lynch him, even after that weird way of Jamiet questioning my read on both him and brainbomb.

Vecna

#3974 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 pm
Vote Count:
thamrick (6) Tom Bombadil LordQuas peterlund Vaporwave yavuzovic Nephthys
MoscowFleet (6) thamrick rdrivera2005 RagingIke297 damo666 xorxes DoubtingThomas
xorxes (3) ghug bozotheclown MoscowFleet
peterlund (2) Vecna dargorygel
Jamiet99uk (1) DemonRHK
yavuzovic (1) Ezio

No one is going to be the guest at this rate... 13 mins remaining.
Just an FYI.

As town, Peterlund usually attacks his voters. And he was around after I voted him as well

Vecna

#3975 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm
##vote thamrick

MF feels the worst of these three lynches. the ither two im fine with
Not sure I still feel this way after the readup of what happened towards EOD (obviousl also with the reveal and all but meh).

Vecna

#3977 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 pm
I can get behind this ##vote xorxes
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:57 pm
Swapping back to put some air in it

##vote tham
What a freaking weird votechange.

Bussing into voting town when it appears no longer totally necessary?

Vecna

#3978 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm
Why did four fucking people go xorxes->thamrick at the last second?
I was merely swapping back to my original vote.

I had changed to xorx when he got momentum. I had previously stated those were the two I was happy with
Then also this need to justify himself with showing intent

Vecna

#3979 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:23 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Why don't you trust me, babe?
What do you mean? Trust you that xorxes is scum?
Narrator Voice

"And with that, Tom Bombadil was off to discuss with his scum mates how the heck Ike had figured to out"
This development is so weird

bozotheclown

#3980 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:55 pm
People that should not be lynched today because they are probably town: Ezio, emc, Nephthys, damo, DT

People that should not be lynched because they are nullish but may still be town: Tom B., rivera, LordQ, Vecna, ghug (only lynch if they claim scum).

People that are probably town but you may lynch if you wish: bb, Jamiet, CFox, Vaporwave

People that I don't remember anything about: Ike, Moscow, thamrick, dargo, RHK, peterlund

People that are good lynches: bozo, thdfrance

I think that's everyone. If I left someone out it was fully intentional and should be scrutinized in great detail.
Seven hours before D2 EOD, xorxes only scum reads me and thdfrance. I was voting for xorxes, and thdfrance received a lot of votes D1. Seven players, including Jamie, brainbomb, xorxes, and me, were tied at 2 votes.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm
Lots of dead scum PR I see :)

And the remaining Godfather is useless anyway if they kill the cop. Mafia should consider keeping Tom alive so their Godfather is still useful to them.

Let's see:

Confirmed town: Tom, dargo
Almost certain town: ghug, LQ
Pretty sure town: Ezio, emc, damo, DT, Neph
Townish: Vecna, rivera, CF, bozo (I'm upgrading him to townish for now because of the Jamiet vote and the discussion with bb)
Scum pool: Ike, Moscow, thamrick, peterlund, RHK, Vapor

I think that's everyone. Ideally vengeful is one of the six and is set on another one, which would simplify things even more, almost autowin.
In his next reads list half way through D3, xorxes has six players in his scum pool.
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm
Scumbos - Jamie, MF, tham, xorxes, brain, Ike

Certain town - Vecna, emc, damo, ghug

Doc, plz save me. I’ll be much more useful tomorrow now that my ski trip is over
xorxes put everyone remaining (except himself) from Tom's N2 scum list is his scum pool. He could have done this knowing whoever Tom voted for D3 would be a popular wagon.