M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: M1007 — "Mafia, She Wrote" Game Thread

#341 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 am

K y'all I got to go drink some fruit punch now. Talk to y'all tomorrow. love you all. Except derpna lol

Durga

#342 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 am

teacon7 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 pm
Tentatively, I am going to extend a "maybe but prolly not that likely scum" tag on Vapor, if only because he's been talking this much - he genuinely disliked playing as scum and actively avoided being in the thread, even with prompting from me.
This looks really hedgy. You give a slight scumread, then qualify why he's playing a town game for his meta. Why bother saying this at all?
Teacon how is "prolly not likely scum" a slight scumread? Sounds like a slight townread to me. In fact, emc's analysis here is pretty decent.

Durga

#343 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:56 am
once again, bozo would have been in town categ if it weren't for his last game

where he perfectly emulated his town meta
bozo is actually scary.

Durga

#344 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 am

ND wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 am
Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:38 pm

I wouldn't lynch him on the first day, no, since he's obviously baiting for something - if not attention for the lynch then attention for the reads or responses from people. It seems more prudent to see what that exactly is for, before just killing him, no?

(In addition, he took my fun style niche, so I want to see what he does with it)

As for whether he's pro-town or not, I say that would depend on who you are. For me personally, it seems as there is thought behind what he's been saying (unlike Durga's claim), and the capricious rambling is somewhat easier to follow than a more serious post - so not anti-town. For others, who find him spewing random spam...
what's the "thought" ?
u wouldn't get it derpna. You aren't a high IQ individual and clearly do not read the game and have no interest in doing so. It's beyond me why you waste your time playing these games. We are all tired of the same old snide and sadistic playstyle. It's awful. Please stop for the love of Mr. President Trump our lord and savior.
JFC this is entirely his scum meta

Durga

#345 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:32 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:55 am
This is early vibe, flavor, smell, whatever you wanna call it, but it's weak stuff

Town:
xorxes
rivera

Could be this, that or the other:
bozo
damo
e.m.c
Moscow
Percy
teacon

Complete nulls:
Durga

Promising peeps:
Espresso
Vashta
What's the difference between "could be this, that or the other" and "complete nulls"

Durga

#346 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 am
teacon7 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 pm
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 pm
I'll be at work for mornings + afternoons. All my activity here will be at lunch time and/or evening + night!
Thanks for the heads up. GL/HF.

What time zone are you in?
What do you think of: emc. And what do you think of: ND ? so far?
EST time zone.

Re: my early thoughts on ND, see the posts in which I vote for him.
Put briefly, I am comfortable voting ND for two reasons:
1. His gameplay is erratic. Whether this is normal for his game or not, I don't find it very useful. It's a huge plus if we vote him out and he's scum. Even if we vote him out and he's town, we still cut someone who wasn't providing a lot of substance.
2. Trying to butter ppl up is a red flag. I'm not sure how normal it is in forum games, but I find it suspect if people rely on "gut feelings" to clear town. His whole, "I feel like Durga is town" seemed like a weak attempt at taking some heat off him.

Not many thoughts on emc yet. I'll reread the posts and get back to you. Any posts +/ pages that stand out?
Love it. Major town points to EP right here

Durga

#347 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:37 am

Vaporwave wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 pm
that's why I'm pausing on assessing his posts, he's drawing all this unnecessary attention and seem okay with being lynched because he wants to just have fun

moofia come with a plan, with more organisation

however, I found out he's not Ezio and this wild ND is something else
town!ND typically tries to be useful, scum!ND does this shit

ND

#348 Post by ND » Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 am
teacon7 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up. GL/HF.

What time zone are you in?
What do you think of: emc. And what do you think of: ND ? so far?
EST time zone.

Re: my early thoughts on ND, see the posts in which I vote for him.
Put briefly, I am comfortable voting ND for two reasons:
1. His gameplay is erratic. Whether this is normal for his game or not, I don't find it very useful. It's a huge plus if we vote him out and he's scum. Even if we vote him out and he's town, we still cut someone who wasn't providing a lot of substance.
2. Trying to butter ppl up is a red flag. I'm not sure how normal it is in forum games, but I find it suspect if people rely on "gut feelings" to clear town. His whole, "I feel like Durga is town" seemed like a weak attempt at taking some heat off him.

Not many thoughts on emc yet. I'll reread the posts and get back to you. Any posts +/ pages that stand out?
Love it. Major town points to EP right here
By this logic you should be the first to go lol hahahajejeje

Durga

#349 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 4:47 am

:eyeroll:

Percy Williams

#350 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 am
Percy Williams wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 am
I feel like Teacon never went to an educational institution
Homie. He’s a fucking teacher.
Then that's Scum indicative then! Tea con should know about the ambivalence people can have! I find it most often in uneducated voters.
Btw I am not legitimately calling teacon scum.

Percy Williams

#351 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 am

Durga has had plenty of time to post some real content, posted enough times to have some content, and even posted relatively sprinkled throughout.
All Durga has done is respond saying that they're the demon overlord, and jump onto the ND bandwagon and maintain that his meta is scum.

So,
##VOTE Durga

Percy Williams

#352 Post by Percy Williams » Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 am

And call me unusual, but I think it isn't objectively bad to have just one spammy player. They keep the chat from dying, and give conversation for everyone that more sane people can judge the reactions to.

MoscowFleet

#353 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 5:04 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 am
And call me unusual, but I think it isn't objectively bad to have just one spammy player. They keep the chat from dying, and give conversation for everyone that more sane people can judge the reactions to.
This isn’t unusual. On the contrary, it’s a very reasonable take. Look at how many reads have been given and how much discussion has been generated from ND’s antics.

MoscowFleet

#354 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 am
ND wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 am

She doesn't read the game. She just pops on looks for a post I make and says something snide. There is no point in engaging Derpna in conversation. She exits after she gets her jollies off.
Although I agree with your assessment of Durga’s playstyle, unfortunately it doesn’t say much about her alignment. She was almost exactly the same last game.
This is really bold coming from someone who gets modkilled like 70% of the time.

If I'm exactly the same as the last game, doesn't that indicate to you that I'm town?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's scum - but on the chance he's not, yes. I'm asking him to stop this ridiculous caricature.
I have never been modkilled, lmao.

And it would make me townread you, except that you are currently encouraging a pretty horrible ND wagon. Add that to the fact that I don’t think you have very distinctive town/scum metas, and you having the same playstyle from last game doesn’t mean all that much in terms of your alignment.

Durga

#355 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 am

MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 am
Durga wrote:
MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 am

Although I agree with your assessment of Durga’s playstyle, unfortunately it doesn’t say much about her alignment. She was almost exactly the same last game.
This is really bold coming from someone who gets modkilled like 70% of the time.

If I'm exactly the same as the last game, doesn't that indicate to you that I'm town?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's scum - but on the chance he's not, yes. I'm asking him to stop this ridiculous caricature.

And it would make me townread you, except that you are currently encouraging a pretty horrible ND wagon. Add that to the fact that I don’t think you have very distinctive town/scum metas, and you having the same playstyle from last game doesn’t mean all that much in terms of your alignment.
I have a VERY distinctive scum meta so this is actually just wrong but okay. It's not relevant right now.

If I was scum and ND was town I'd looove him alive right now. What would be a scum motivation for lynching a town!ND here? All he's doing is spamming and being irritating. That's so lovely for scum. I'd sit back and let him do dumb shit. So please explain to me a) why pushing ND is bad and 2) why I'd be more likely to do it as scum (and don't say I like an easy lynch because that's lazy)

MoscowFleet

#356 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 am

I’m staying on vapour for now. Hard to believe that he hasn’t found a single person scummy yet, according to his list. That reeks of scum to me. His only votes so far have been pressure votes, and it’s been a day and a half.

If vapour gets no traction I’d be fine with switching to Durga. Not particularly scumreading anyone else at the moment, although a reread may change things. Townreading Teacon and, to a lesser extent, Percy.

Durga

#357 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 am

I'm not sure why Moscow and I have different perspectives on this game currently but I'll chalk it up to him being not great for now. He seems townie to me.

MoscowFleet

#358 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 am
MoscowFleet wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 am
Durga wrote:

I have a VERY distinctive scum meta so this is actually just wrong but okay. It's not relevant right now.

If I was scum and ND was town I'd looove him alive right now. What would be a scum motivation for lynching a town!ND here? All he's doing is spamming and being irritating. That's so lovely for scum. I'd sit back and let him do dumb shit. So please explain to me a) why pushing ND is bad and 2) why I'd be more likely to do it as scum (and don't say I like an easy lynch because that's lazy)
I x-posted. But you’re just completely wrong here. Sure, ND has been spammy, but that’s not scum-indicative. On the contrary, like I said to Percy, it’s generated a ton of content from almost everybody. If I were scum I’d be a lot happier with a dead thread, compared to one where everyone is talking about ND. And without ND I doubt we’d have even 10 pages by now.

Durga

#359 Post by Durga » Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am

Naw, we have talkative players in this game even without ND. This thread would be blessed without him. And if you read my posts you'd know that the actual indication that ND is scum is the lack of thought behind what he's saying. He always posts a lot, but when he's town he actually says things that are half smart on occasion. This isn't the case here. He's done this exact thing as scum before. Just because he's triggered everyone doesn't make him town.

MoscowFleet

#360 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 am

Durga wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 am
Naw, we have talkative players in this game even without ND. This thread would be blessed without him. And if you read my posts you'd know that the actual indication that ND is scum is the lack of thought behind what he's saying. He always posts a lot, but when he's town he actually says things that are half smart on occasion. This isn't the case here. He's done this exact thing as scum before. Just because he's triggered everyone doesn't make him town.
I think the only person he’s really triggered is you.

I will look into “the actual indication that ND is scum”, but from what I recall he has mixed in many reads and takes among the spam, although I admit a lot of it seems to be townreading those who townread him and scumreading those who scumread him.