MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2921 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:13 am

What the hell happened?

@Ask GM - 1) If someone had his item taken by Iten Thief was he informed?
2)If someone receive a stone from other player, is he informed who gave it to him?

RagingIke297

#2922 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:15 am

GM NOTE (Still trying to fix bot)

D2 HAS ENDED

N2 has begun

Deadline moved 12 hours earlier

RagingIke297

#2923 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:16 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:13 am
What the hell happened?

@Ask GM - 1) If someone had his item taken by Iten Thief was he informed?
2)If someone receive a stone from other player, is he informed who gave it to him?

GM NOTE:

If someone has an item stolen, they are informed

If someone receives a stone, they are not informed who gave it to them, only that they have it now

RagingIke297

#2924 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am

##GM NOTE

(Still trying to fix bot, maybe its too early and it needs coffee??)

DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED 12 HOURS EARLIER

D2 HAS ENDED

N2 HAS BEGUN

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2925 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am

yuuki wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 am
I don't have any power stones so I don't see why SK would want me dead. There is also a lot of people out there thinking I'm SK so the SK should be very happy to keep me around
Why does Yukki said this? Why change the deadline to get lynched instead of Maniac?

RagingIke297

#2926 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:23 am

##GM NOTE

DAY 2 HAS ENDED EARLY

RagingIke297

#2927 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 am

##GM NOTE

DEADLINE MOVED 12 HOURS EARLIER

RagingIke297

#2928 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 am

##GM Note

N2 will end 24 hours after it started, so 6 am EST Monday

Also, I forgot, Kitsune returned at the start of N2 and may post again!!

Kitsune

#2929 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 am
##GM Note

N2 will end 24 hours after it started, so 6 am EST Monday

Also, I forgot, Kitsune returned at the start of N2 and may post again!!
Oh thank god.

We now return to our regularly scheduled investigation.

Kitsune

Kitsune: Diary of an Exile Pt 1

#2930 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:34 am

What. What in the even. What?

Kitsune looked around herself as she stood on a serene sandy beach at the edge of the galaxy. There was a small copse of palms, a bush loaded with juicy berries - and a dramatic lack of heroes banding together to try to save reality from the Mad Titan and his villainous kin.

What?!

With no apparent way back except to wait, Kit sat on the sand and peered through the remains of the anomaly to watch the ongoing battle, helpless to intervene... and began to take notes.

----

What in the hell?!

Okay, I’ve been asking the GM a bunch of questions about my present exiled state, but the one thing he obviously can’t tell me is why? I had a few ideas I’d noticed towards the end of the night phase that I was in the process of writing up, but nothing I would have thought was overly terrifying to the mafia team unless I’m somehow more perceptive than I thought I was? It’s a nice idea that the one with no idea of anyone’s meta can see clearly through all the layers of deception the more experienced players are building in that direction, but I suspect that’s just me getting glorified ideas of my own importance.

Either way, since I am apparently stuck here talking to no one else for 47 freaking hours, I guess I’ll have plenty of time alone with my thoughts to try to puzzle out who and why. And I guess to watch you all from the outside and try to spot the scum while they can’t get into my head (actively at least).

Watching… always watching, Wazowski!

Oh and in answer to Sulit’s question - Yes, as previously stated this is my first experience with forum mafia, so I’ve kept running into widely understood terms I’ve never heard of.

Kitsune

Kitsune: Diary of an Exile Pt 2

#2931 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:34 am

Okay, so why exile me? As I understand it there are only two ways this can happen, either a mafia player using the space stone or any player using the Aero-rig. I don’t understand why it happened in either case, but let’s look at how it could have happened first as it might give us some insights there I guess.

Option 1: The mafia space-stone, held by Loki and taking 1 phase to warm up (night or day). Should have been active at N1. We were considering the chance that this had been used on Yuuki, explaining his near-total absence (25 words in 3 posts across the night? I completely appreciate people can be busy, but…) however the GM post in public makes that excuse impossible. On the other hand I can’t see that yuuki has ever claimed such a thing, and he did post towards the end of the night so this doesn’t feel like a credible reason to lynch yuuki.

Using the space-stone on me, this would mean the stone is inactive for the N2 phase and is active again for D3. There’s a suggestion that this could mean I’ll get exiled again every day until late-game to avoid me catching on or participating usefully in the game at large. I hate this idea, but can’t see a rule reason that prevents it (unless there’s an unspoken rule that the same player can’t be targeted twice?)

Option 2: A player targeted me using the Aero-Rig. This starts off inactive in Rocket Racoon’s item pool, and the Item Smith can only hand out these items randomly, once per night, to a person they visit. I’m editing this section now as I see Brainbomb has been shot (god damn it people!) so; yes, I received an item from the Item Smith. To my reading this means he cannot have given out another by the time he was executed, and I haven’t used the item I was given.

Therefore I must have been exiled by the space-stone, and I certainly did not intentionally signal for anyone to exile me (although I suppose it’s possible they saw something in my posts that triggered this.)

##Call GM

Can the same player be targeted twice in succession by the Space Stone?

The Item Smith gives a random item. Are they then aware of which item they’ve given, or is the recipient the only one who knows?

Kitsune

Kitsune: Diary of an Exile Pt 3

#2932 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:36 am

Okay, so let’s try to figure out why I was exiled?

In order of probability, I think this is:

The Mafia spotted that I’d been given an item and wanted to prevent me from using it until nightfall. Outside chance they made the same read I did that Brainbomb was the Item Smith and wanted to keep me from backing his claim in press. It worked out this way, but I don’t know that anyone could have anticipated the fireworks in chat D2, or the Shot Heard Around the World.
The Mafia noticed I said I was onto something I’d detail more thoroughly Day 2, looked at my back posts and were more convinced than I was that whatever I’d found could seriously incriminate someone. I really don’t feel I’m that good at this game yet, although I admit some of Bunny’s Lawful Stupid cracks are getting annoying. Can’t I be Lawful Student at least?
Kitsune wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
I have one or two stand outs as well, but mostly based on third party analysis at this point so I want to see what happens at dawn and review things for myself.
It was pure opportunism, and had nothing to do with what I said, but was a plan to keep me out of play so they could build a case against me. This would make more sense if the Scum were somehow allied with Thanos, and I can’t see any evidence that they have been building a case against me. So... yay? Does it increase suspicion to be thrown out of the galaxy? I didn’t feel under particular threat then or now, though I’m aware there’s a meta undercurrent I’m largely oblivious to except when it surfaces as it did around the 120s with Brain vs the world.
Verrry outside chance (and as I said, I hate this idea) that the scum plan on keeping on exiling me again and again and again to keep me out of the voting and most of the discussion- huh. As I’m writing this I just realised the scum can’t turn around and exile me again tonight so I don’t need to rush to get these out. Whatever. As long as I can talk with you all at Night I don’t see any reason for the Scum to do this.

Assuming there’s something in the early options, let’s look at what I said immediately prior to being banished?

viewtopic.php?p=104700#p104700

I feel BB was trying to boop my nose here: viewtopic.php?p=104677#p104677 to make sure I paid attention to his earlier quip at #1513. This was when I received the item, so I got a hard read on brain as the item smith and verified town, so I started by booping his nose in gif-form in the hope that most users wouldn’t bother clicking on the link to signal that I’d gotten his signal and understood what he meant.

Then I kept up my dialogue with Maniac while trying to act oblivious to his attempts to throw shade on me for my remark about Pizza story simply being not that important two minutes from Dawn when there are more important things to watch.

viewtopic.php?p=104685#p104685

My growing honour roll of deceased heroes. I do have an idea of what to do for the dead scum when we find them, but this hasn’t yet been a thing. Please? Today hopefully? No subtext here from me.

Oh, Meeps?

He’s a little bug-alien played by EMC in the game Brain is currently running for a group of us. He views himself as the supreme being and my character calls him Tiny Overlord (he’s frankly adorable). He calls my character there “Silky Minion” because of her hair, which he insists on nesting in.

viewtopic.php?p=104663#p104663

Another post that has no buried or inherent meaning. Bonus points if anyone can spot a meaning or implicit threat here that I missed.

viewtopic.php?p=104626#p104626
Kitsune wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:07 pm
In general, all activity here happens 10pm-10am (for you) its a little painful at times but make do with what you can.
Nice to have some more players from a decent (albeit Australia) timezone
Thanks Nephthys, it’s good to be appreciated :)
More often than not I’m used to sharing my evening internet with raving insomniacs from the US, a handful of Europeans and a very very few locals so I try to be on in the morning more.
Online more usefully in 20-40 minutes, but I’m reading up now so thanks for your explanation. If we’re looking for different traits between the two I agree it makes more sense to target the bigger traitor group, while trying to keep one eye on any stones Thanos manages to collect and what that does to the town’s voting power.
I guess we’d also want to look for unnatural or inexplicable support in the mafia scum team, while Thanosk would almost have to jump into existing bandwagons unless he manages to fill his pockets and build a team of his own.
Thanks Rdr for your point. Of course you’re right that everyone is trying to look town, though it seems the eagle eyes are narrowing down the suspects. I have one or two stand outs as well, but mostly based on third party analysis at this point so I want to see what happens at dawn and review things for myself.
I will master this multi-quoting next time I do analysis, but that’s going to be on my computer later.
Possibly a thing, if someone was concerned I was going to find something with my previously expressed heuristic analysis that the more experienced and meta-focused players wouldn’t?

I’ll get to my suspect list later, since, you know, there isn’t anything else to do here.

My next meaningful post before this was looking at the Maniac wagon and asking the players involved if they still suspected Maniac and why they’d moved with that looked (to me) like suspicious levels of coordination. I wasn’t quite to saying “and therefore they have a special chat and may be scum” but I think I was drifting in that direction. Now that one of them has been killed (EMC/Meeps!), one of them has been vision-scanned and verified as town (xorxes) and one of them was always on my likely-town or don’t know list (Vapour) I’m revisiting Maniac as a possible suspect and I’ve come to a few interesting conclusions.

But I’m hardly alone in that from the way Day 2 is going, am I? So I'm not sure this really explains it, though I'm definitely not waiting for phase change or assuming I'll have another chance to say things. Get it all out while I can.

RagingIke297

Re: Kitsune: Diary of an Exile Pt 2

#2933 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:38 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:34 am
Okay, so why exile me? As I understand it there are only two ways this can happen, either a mafia player using the space stone or any player using the Aero-rig. I don’t understand why it happened in either case, but let’s look at how it could have happened first as it might give us some insights there I guess.

Option 1: The mafia space-stone, held by Loki and taking 1 phase to warm up (night or day). Should have been active at N1. We were considering the chance that this had been used on Yuuki, explaining his near-total absence (25 words in 3 posts across the night? I completely appreciate people can be busy, but…) however the GM post in public makes that excuse impossible. On the other hand I can’t see that yuuki has ever claimed such a thing, and he did post towards the end of the night so this doesn’t feel like a credible reason to lynch yuuki.

Using the space-stone on me, this would mean the stone is inactive for the N2 phase and is active again for D3. There’s a suggestion that this could mean I’ll get exiled again every day until late-game to avoid me catching on or participating usefully in the game at large. I hate this idea, but can’t see a rule reason that prevents it (unless there’s an unspoken rule that the same player can’t be targeted twice?)

Option 2: A player targeted me using the Aero-Rig. This starts off inactive in Rocket Racoon’s item pool, and the Item Smith can only hand out these items randomly, once per night, to a person they visit. I’m editing this section now as I see Brainbomb has been shot (god damn it people!) so; yes, I received an item from the Item Smith. To my reading this means he cannot have given out another by the time he was executed, and I haven’t used the item I was given.

Therefore I must have been exiled by the space-stone, and I certainly did not intentionally signal for anyone to exile me (although I suppose it’s possible they saw something in my posts that triggered this.)

##Call GM

Can the same player be targeted twice in succession by the Space Stone?

The Item Smith gives a random item. Are they then aware of which item they’ve given, or is the recipient the only one who knows?
##GM note, while not explicitly stated in the rules, I believe that the same rules should apply to the space stone that apply to doc saves. It cannot be used on the same player twice in a row because you could effectively remove someone from the game without them being dead and that's no fun.

The item Smith is not aware of what they give out, only the recipient knows

Kitsune

Kitsune: Diary of an Exile Pt 4

#2934 Post by Kitsune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:41 am

Hi @Kitsune. I hope this radio message reaches you. I found a wormhole that only transmits one way. Tony is his usual ass (I'm pretty sure you figured out who Tony is also--be kind, he can't help but be an ass). The Avengers are breaking up because of it. I'm off on a hunt of my own. I know...I know...people rely on me too much to do that, but I must. Someday, when everyone is ready for my help, I'll be here. Waiting. Watching. Ready.......

Unless Tony gets trigger happy again. He never makes the hard choice. The right play. Always looking for the easy way out. Never the one to lie on the grenade.

Speaking of watching. Vision outed himself, but it's OK. I'll keep him safe until you get back. Maybe tomorrow he'll be less obvious when he uses his power.

OK Kitsune, have a nice vacation. If you can't change your station in life, at least enjoy it.

##VOTE KITSUNE

I know...I know...I can't, but I miss you…
Bunny? Bunny? BUNNY!

---

I do like the Steve Rogers softclaim (I assume that’s where you’re going with this @Bunny in the form of your love letter to an exile through the frustratingly one-way wormhole that lets me see what you’re all saying without being able to comment back.

If Tony does get trigger happy again, hopefully he’ll have better luck with his next shot.

You’re saying Vision outed himself? I don’t get how he did that, but that will hopefully help him get through the night phase safely.

If you’re confident no one else knows, don’t tell me until Morning 3.

If you think the scum might have caught on to whatever the clue was, please tell us quickly and we can ask Banner to divert from whoever their leading powered town is now to protect them.

I guess I’ll just lay here. In the suns shine, soaking up UV and looking over my reads.

Also… item. I still have it and it was not used, and I feel comfortable outing myself to that extent as after the discussion in chat I feel there’s a high chance the item thief will be visiting me tonight unless you manage to nail them in today’s lynch.

There’s a reason (other than my own personal boredom) that I’m writing these up while I’m locked in another dimension (I’ll go into this later), so I’ll post these as quickly as I can after I return. If the item-gift hadn’t been pretty strongly hinted by the now-deceased Item Smith I was not intending to admit I had received anything, although I was solidly convinced this had come from BB and so felt more comfortable following his lead in the investigation and trusting his insights as mine.

As it stands, I feel I have to use the item before Dawn or have it stolen from me. I’ll use my own judgement where it should be used, unless five players ask me to reveal what it is. This gives us a useful pool to look at if using it somehow backfires on us, and in a use-it-or-lose-it scenario I feel it’s more important than ever that it be used to our best advantage.

If I reveal what it is, I’ll definitely use it as the majority suggest (with five players in favour they can’t all be mafia?). In the meantime, how would people recommend I use my item if it’s a:

1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun)
2. Cybernetic Eye (one shot cop scan)
3. Bottle of blue liquid (one shot role block)
4. Holographic Spacesuit (one shot armor, only good for shots not NK’s) - Fairly useless now I think unless the Scum somehow get a gun?
5. Aero-Rig (one shot “commute” (leave the game for a phase, see time stone for rules))
6. Some guys prosthetic leg (has no use, but is still an item) - Fairly useless generally. Though I’d enjoy if this had a % chance of beating off an attempted night killer :3

##Call GM - Could I choose to hand my item to another player? Or is this stones only?
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:15 pm
I like Jamie's personality choice this game so far. he's been soft and fun. did something good happen in your life recently? :D

in terms of content not as sure, but
Well, last week I got laid for the first time in over a year, so, maybe it's down to that.
I hope you didn't shoot as early then.

Sorry, couldn't help myself--saw this while digging through kalel posts.
Hey @Bunny, that’s not fair. Jamie didn’t shoot early either time so much as he picked the wrong target.

Wait.

Never mind. ^_^

https://tenor.com/view/wow-giggle-happy-gif-13929013

BunnyGo

#2935 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:48 am

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:52 am
Dafuq
??

Temasek22

#2936 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

Welcome back Kits! Sorry for doubting you yuuki...

Nephthys

#2937 Post by Nephthys » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun)

Use this on someone widely scumread. Kalel/Maniac most likely at this stage

2. Cybernetic Eye (one shot cop scan)

Use this on someone who you think would be a good clear. Knowing that they will die shortly after, it is good to target someone that will contribute if cleared. I would limit this is a null read of yours in the top half of the posters.

3. Bottle of blue liquid (one shot role block)

This is fun if you hit the NK. Take your best shot

4. Holographic Spacesuit (one shot armor, only good for shots not NK’s) - Fairly useless now I think unless the Scum somehow get a gun?

Meh

5. Aero-Rig (one shot “commute” (leave the game for a phase, see time stone for rules))

I really am not sure how best this is used.

6. Some guys prosthetic leg (has no use, but is still an item) - Fairly useless generally. Though I’d enjoy if this had a % chance of beating off an attempted night killer :3

Temasek22

#2938 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:05 am

##call gm

Is it possible for item thief to pass the stolen items to their scum teammates?

Vaporwave

#2939 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am

don't tell me you guys lynched yuuki mainly for being absent? :o

Vaporwave

#2940 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:25 am

wonder if EP claimed something that made people moved to a different wagon