Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#2881 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:28 pm
Town win if all Agents are dead.
Mafia win if they make up a majority of the players. OR NOTHING CAN STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING
Virus wins if it can activate its third form before game ends.
(Note that if the virus wins it leaves the game and the other two sides continue.)
The capitalised bit is important: A virus that can kill them and can't be NK'd by them surely counts as something that can prevent it. And if we get down to KILO, the scum can just joint win with the virus by all voting it (and the virus self votes) and we won't be able to stop it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2882 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Nanook wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:29 pm
Long term having the virus around is untenable. Even short term it’s fairly dangerous.

I’m not confident we can guarantee another night of townsiding virus 🤷‍♀️
I feel like you're the virus.

e.m.c^42

#2883 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:32 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:56 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:54 pm
If you truly want an attempt of VCA I'll say, circumstances of coincidence was D1, rest was either misguided new or testing town, and probably one point lurky scum of some sort.

There weren't really any "actual scumread" reasons provided for my wagon up until very recently, and that gives off said previous vibes. Say Hamilton's reasoning. Would put that as misguided new logic. Someone like TFB would be just sheepy flow, but that's unfortunately NAI enough given how few people seem to have strong scumreads at that point.

I think Jamie is possibly scum for lacking his usual tendency of question tunneling, and not broadening out. I think gold might've been town testing for something but his misinterpretation on D1 and subsequent info argument I find scummy as he isn't an inexperienced player by any regard and would know better than to genuinely peddle that as town lmao.
Jamie is scum for not tunneling and for not broadening out?

What misinterpretation on D1?
As in, some variations of town!Jamie share with bozo the characteristic of temporarily tunneling on a single player, then questioning them to hell and high water, and moving on to the next player that catches their attention. Usually by now Jamie should've gone through around four or five players, but this is gut recall and not checked with bot so take with large grain of salt. Bozo is a bit more flexible than Jamie in this regard, but general vibe stands.

He's been more focused on emotive reactions than game questioning which somewhat comes off as him intentionally playing as real as he can to his town self

Although, true, it can be explained by IRL circumstances, since his meta shifts almost always correlate strongly with that for him, but...

Misinterpretation as in mentioning 3P was intentional speculation. tbh I actually reclarified that to include 3P rather than just say "not!town vibes" specifically to set standard for players who haven't played with my terminology quirks lmao. That backfired.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2884 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:32 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mafia win if they make up a majority of the players. OR NOTHING CAN STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING
(Note that if the virus wins it leaves the game and the other two sides continue.)
The capitalised bit is important: A virus that can kill them and can't be NK'd by them surely counts as something that can prevent it. And if we get down to KILO, the scum can just joint win with the virus by all voting it (and the virus self votes) and we won't be able to stop it.
Oh. I see - yes, you are correct.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2885 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:32 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 pm
Nanook wrote:
Long term having the virus around is untenable. Even short term it’s fairly dangerous.

I can't remotely understand why Bunny would have held his kill, unless Nanook really was lying about the RB in a roleswap, but either way I think the virus has to die before KILO.

KILO Scenario:

X Town + X Scum + 1 Virus = X+1 votes on virus, virus gets lynched, virus wins, mafia wins.

Nanook

#2886 Post by Nanook » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:31 pm
Nanook wrote:

Use your head for something besides smacking into brick walls

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2887 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with the first part, but it's hard to argue with the second.

Nanook

#2888 Post by Nanook » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Like if I were the virus I would just say “hey guys I’m the virus, if you don’t kill me today I’m gonna mafia side” and be done with it.

Jfc

Nanook

#2889 Post by Nanook » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:35 pm

I’m confirmed town, stop fucking arguing with me

I’m taking a nap please don’t be this dumb when I get back I hope I hope I hope

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2890 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:35 pm

Nanook wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 pm
Like if I were the virus I would just say “hey guys I’m the virus, if you don’t kill me today I’m gonna mafia side” and be done with it.

Jfc
Yeah yeah, OK.

Third parties are fucking stupid.

##VOTE bunny
##CALLGM Shame on both of you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2891 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 pm

We should probably hammer (and end night tomorrow please), but I'd like bunny to at least confirm first.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2892 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Whoah, nobody died. Nice.

Only way that happens is if scum hit the virus and virus held their shot (or hit a red-pilled person)

Nanook claimed RB yesterday

And Nanook out of the blue claims Bunny is virus and we should hang them immediately.

Three possibilities as far as I see.

One - Nanook is telling the truth, is on the ship, and Bunny is the virus.

Two - Nanook is actually the virus. Scum found Nanook N3 with their roleblock and put a NK on them tonight. He's advocating a hanging of most people's top town read to make him look scummy so we'll do him next.

Three - Nanook is scum. Fake claimed the RB N3, scum hit the real virus last night, and he's trying to use this to get a top townread killed.

I'll have to look more into which option is correct. Will wait to see other reactions

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2893 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Ghug why are you shaming the GMs.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2894 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 pm

I mean we essentially just sit around and wait for Bunny to confirm or deny whether or not he's the virus now - it's not like he would have any possible reason to claim it as any other alignment.

e.m.c^42

#2895 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Oho, we've got claims.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2896 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Only way that happens is if scum hit the virus and virus held their shot (or hit a red-pilled person)

And Nanook out of the blue claims Bunny is virus and we should hang them immediately.

Two - Nanook is actually the virus. Scum found Nanook N3 with their roleblock and put a NK on them tonight. He's advocating a hanging of most people's top town read to make him look scummy so we'll do him next.

Three - Nanook is scum. Fake claimed the RB N3, scum hit the real virus last night, and he's trying to use this to get a top townread killed.

I'll have to look more into which option is correct. Will wait to see other reactions
Does hitting a red-pilled person mean no kill? I thought I had heard that at some point, but I went back to look at the rules and didn't see anything.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2897 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:41 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 pm
Ghug why are you shaming the GMs.
Because now it's four fucking days until I get to [redact] someone and we have to waste a [redact] on a fucking jester?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2898 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:

Does hitting a red-pilled person mean no kill? I thought I had heard that at some point, but I went back to look at the rules and didn't see anything.
How can it? Damo is dead, and he was a redpilled oracle.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2899 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 pm

ghug wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

Redpill is immune from the virus, not from the mafia kill.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2900 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:42 pm
ghug wrote:
goldfinger0303 wrote:

How can it? Damo is dead, and he was a redpilled oracle.
I'm assuming he means "person in the act of red pillage", but it still seems wrong.