MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BionicMole

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#2201 Post by BionicMole » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:46 pm
anyways with our prs veing what they are, were probably just going to be dancing around this damn issue for days. nice going chaqa, if youre town you sure made solving this game even more tricky.
These are my sentiments exactly. Should townies be trying to make it harder to solve the mystery? And isn't claiming female like the worst possible thing to claim?

This is most likely unrelated and me trying too hard but when I read this post it struck a dissonant cord:
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Look, this is getting old.

I hardclaim FEMALE VT. That’s why I did all of this.

Lynch me today or tomorrow just stop with the conspiracy theories about me being mafia so I can stop having a headache about it, Jesus.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:06 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:02 pm

Scenario 1: Chaqa is VT
Jack kill him on N4

Scenario 2: Chaqa is Mafia
Jack kills him on N4

Scenario 3: Chaqa is SK
We lynch him on D5
A couple of outliers but actually solid points.
I'm not pointing those out, I'm suggesting not to lynch him today.
In 2 out of the 3 scenarios Yav lists he has Chaqa as hostile to town but wants to rely on someone else to kill him 4+ turns from now. My first impression was scummate trying to help him out but I might be starting to get a headache about it myself...

FlaviusAetius

#2202 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:17 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:11 pm
I think the plausible lynches will be a lot clearer after the night results.

I won't be voting ND.
Why will they be more clearer? Makes no sense??
I don’t know what you are asking a dead person a question - but scum could have viewed this message as a cop crumb
I didnt check game status, and just went right into it, didnt notice they died

Kitsune

#2203 Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Okay I've been fairly shamefully absent but I'm just reading up on the whole day now so bear with me as I do a demi-Flav.

No! Bunny!

viewtopic.php?p=116728#p116728

Still a bit counterintuitively scumreading bozo for his helpfulness and his well structured arguments this game. I'm aware no one agrees with me.

Good points from Purplecow and Bionic, townleaning them both and extending my scum reads to Bozo and Flav (for different scum teams most likely).

@ND I think I asked that earlier while unconvinced you were Jekyll (I'm 95% sure of you now) and the GMs confirmed that doctors don't get news of their success or failure. So bonus town points for your investigation.

Chaqa makes an excellent point here: viewtopic.php?p=116763#p116763 and Tem's not-blind support adds to my town lean on both of them while making me want to look at Xorxes and Vecna in particular very closely. How come they aren't dead? If the doctor was doing hero work, I'd expect to hear some thanks from their direction. If they're not being targeted... I need to look at both of them when I have time.

Dargo points out the same things. Maybe I'm wrong? I need to check the vote totals I guess, but trying not to prejudice myself so I'll save that to the end. Though it's interesting Dargo isn't dead either. I would have thought TownXorxes, TownVecna and TownDargo would be high on any scum hit list.

Rdr is taking steps to defend one or more of them from this by throwing shade on Dargo which makes me mildly scumlean him as well (I wish I'd had time to keep my spreadsheet up! I don't know how KalEl does it!).

Poor Yav here: viewtopic.php?p=116850#p116850 I tend to get townread as scum and scumread as town too, amusingly. Although I don't have that many games to go off, so I suppose it's mostly luck at this point. I'm not scum, but genuinely astonished I'm not getting more heavily scumread for my inexcusable absences to date in this game.

I guess because when I am here I'm hunting, and the scum are leaving me alive because of how rare that is.

viewtopic.php?p=116890#p116890 - Here CmdrLikely's response reads like an impassioned OMGUS. Some newbie points still (since I'm genuinely not sure of his experience at the time of writing) but it slides him onto the scumlean side of my column.

NO CHAQA!!! viewtopic.php?p=116935#p116935 Of course he's Female VT, I suspected it when he claimed Jekyll and it was obvious as soon as ND posted the PM information Chaqa didn't have. But why out yourself like that now? :cry:

viewtopic.php?p=116967#p116967 KalEl, good to find you still doing the good works :)

Well argued, agrees with my gut read, RDR is scum.

viewtopic.php?p=116982#p116982 Xorxes does a good read list. No townpoints for him from me, but he states things clearly and well and votes for a scum lean he identifies.

##vote rdrivera2005

FlaviusAetius

#2204 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:17 pm
##VOTE FlaviusAetius

I vote flavius because he's targeting yav and he and I were butting heads on the dumbest thing earlier. I think these targets more likely match the pattern of scum trying to get an easy lynch or pray on the weak, as opposed to following up on strong scumleans.
ive been on the bo_sox/computer_genius wagon from the beginning, I was pushing bosox, before yavu was even here, this isnt just some idea I got in my head, I even made the argument that bosox flipping=tom bomb flipping, we need to lynch these two, but if bosox(now yavu) doesnt turn out well, then it seems tom bomb is pretty much off the hook, I pointed out several things tom bomb did as well, so it looks like Im right

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2205 Post by Chaqa » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 pm

I really don’t see Rivera as scum, and I find 3 of his voters suspicious. I’m also not feeling yavu.

##Vote Tom

bozotheclown

#2206 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:06 pm
I stand behind my vote. Dargorygel is absent and voting me only because he doesn't think GM could have been careless.

"Have we ever known these GM s to be careless?

Got a little omgus going, yavu?"

Really? I'm not claiming them to be careless or clumsy. You should understand this better than everyone Dargo. You invited me to the game on Discord, I didn't accept because I was busy later I saw your invitation again when I had more time, so signed up for the subs list, again on Discord. Only in 2 days I was put in the game. And again, on Discord, GM informed me. It was possible to send a PM, but it was easier so they chose this. Now get off my wagon so I get off yours.

Although this is believable, the use of out of game information in concerning.

FlaviusAetius

#2207 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm
I was expecting several pages of Flav catching up but we only got a few posts. What happened?
Im catching up right now, my mom wanted me to come upstairs to watch a movie, so I did...Im back at my dorm now, so full level of activity

Kitsune

#2208 Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm

So I guess that leaves us with my reads of:

Probable scum:
CmdrLikely
bozotheclown
rdrivera2005
xorxes
Tom Bombadil
Vecna

Probable town:
BionicMole
KalelC​hase
purplecow
Chaqa
yavuzovic
Temasek22
FlaviusAetius

Signs hazy, ask again later:
ItsHosuke
e.m.c^42
Demo​nRHK
dargorygel

Me:
Kitsune

FlaviusAetius

#2209 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
I stand behind my vote. Dargorygel is absent and voting me only because he doesn't think GM could have been careless.

Really? I'm not claiming them to be careless or clumsy. You should understand this better than everyone Dargo. You invited me to the game on Discord, I didn't accept because I was busy later I saw your invitation again when I had more time, so signed up for the subs list, again on Discord. Only in 2 days I was put in the game. And again, on Discord, GM informed me. It was possible to send a PM, but it was easier so they chose this. Now get off my wagon so I get off yours.

I dont know how that exonerates him whatsoever?

FlaviusAetius

#2210 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:43 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:58 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:09 pm
I don't see how you can predict my role and gender, with so little information. Can I learn what your reads are dependant on?
Impressions after you got your role? Happy sad? etc etc?
If there is a reason I'm playing this game, it's because I am watching Sherlock series too. I was a bit disappointed when I didn't get Sherlock
Im asking you about your role, are you happy sad? surprised? did you like how bo_sox played your role? tell me something my dude, you know what I'm asking dont play coy

Vecna

#2211 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:20 pm
Sorting people out:

New/newish players that seem to be at least trying:

BionicMole
CmdrLikely
KalelChase
purplecow

VT claimants that I tend to believe for now:

Chaqa
yavuzovic

Maybe town but who knows:

ItsHosuke
Temasek22

Scum candidates only because missing in action:

e.m.c^42
Kitsune

Scum candidates because of low effort:

bozotheclown
dargorygel
DemonRHK
rdrivera2005

Scum candidates because of one specific thing that may or may not be significant:

Tom Bombadil
Vecna

Class of his own:

FlaviusAetius
Why are you only trying to sort by activity and effort?

And care to elaborate on the tom/me thing so we know youre not actually pulling our leg?

Kitsune

#2212 Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm
I was expecting several pages of Flav catching up but we only got a few posts. What happened?
Im catching up right now, my mom wanted me to come upstairs to watch a movie, so I did...Im back at my dorm now, so full level of activity
Looking forward to it!

FlaviusAetius

#2213 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:57 pm
CmdrLikely wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:17 pm
##VOTE FlaviusAetius

I vote flavius because he's targeting yav and he and I were butting heads on the dumbest thing earlier. I think these targets more likely match the pattern of scum trying to get an easy lynch or pray on the weak, as opposed to following up on strong scumleans.
Even if I desire to retaliate, I won't consider his vote on me scummy. I mean it was a careless vote , he came up after a period of inactivity and immediately voted me. Even if he is mafia, he wouldn't attack me like this, cautionless. I would think he knows something about me if Moriarty was still alive. When I remove these scenarios, Flavius vote on me wasn't scummy - even maybe towny.
My vote was not careless, you know what happened Day 1, do you not? You talked about it. You even talkeed about the Day 2 stuff, you went back in this game, you saw whats been going on, you FOR SURE have seen me pushing your slot, and this is what you have to say? That its careless?

Vecna

#2214 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sorting people out:

BionicMole
CmdrLikely
KalelChase
purplecow

Chaqa
yavuzovic

ItsHosuke
Temasek22

e.m.c^42
Kitsune

bozotheclown
dargorygel
DemonRHK
rdrivera2005

Scum candidates because of one specific thing that may or may not be significant:

Tom Bombadil
Vecna

Class of his own:

FlaviusAetius
Just woke up.

I really like this breakdown. I need to eat/shower but then I should be in for EoD.
What are you liking about it exactly?

bozotheclown

#2215 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:51 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm
3. He voted for me before ND reveal, seemed like he may have already known who was lying (as he would have known ND was saved)
Wait, wait, he voted for you before ND had said anything. What do you mean "seemed like he may have already known who was lying"?

You had claimed that you would save yourself as Jekyll. There was no reason for anyone to doubt that other than:

- the real Jekyll
- someone who was your scummate and therefore knew you were not Jekyll

Someone who was scum but not your scummate would have no idea that you were lying. Even if they tried to kill ND and failed, that could have been because ND was commuter, or because Dr Watson saved ND. The fact that their kill of ND failed in no way would suggest that you were lying about being Jekyll.

So, no, you're making stuff up. This is a reason you came up with later to justify your read of Vecna, it is not something you could have thought at that time.
I think this is as good point, why you now say you find Chaqa's female VT claim believable? I do not see how that has anything to do with this apparent contradiction.

Kitsune

#2216 Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:56 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sorting people out:

BionicMole
CmdrLikely
KalelChase
purplecow

Chaqa
yavuzovic

ItsHosuke
Temasek22

e.m.c^42
Kitsune

bozotheclown
dargorygel
DemonRHK
rdrivera2005

Tom Bombadil
Vecna

Class of his own:

FlaviusAetius
Why are you only trying to sort by activity and effort?

And care to elaborate on the tom/me thing so we know youre not actually pulling our leg?
For the record, my read on Vecna, Tom, Xorxes and to a lesser extent Dargo is that they're dangerous and the fact that they're not dead yet (and haven't even been targeted as far as we know) has worrying implications for their teams.

Even though that's less cut and dried with two Mafia teams.

I don't think they're all mafia, no. But at least 2 and probably 3 are.

Kitsune

#2217 Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:00 pm

I love that I've only been back online for five minutes and already I'm sixth in word count for today.

Not that that indicates anything but WE MISS YOU BUNNY!

bozotheclown

#2218 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:00 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 pm
yavuzovic wrote:

I dont know how that exonerates him whatsoever?
I do not know if it exonerates him either, since it might not be true. However, if you believe yavuzovic never received a role PM, it probably means he is a VT. The problem is it requires seeking out of game information to inquiry further.

BionicMole

#2219 Post by BionicMole » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 am
I want to take my time and think about why Damo was targeted and what I can figure out when combined with my reaction test info.

Bunny was obvious town and I’m sad to see him go.

The fact xorxes, Tom, Vecna haven’t been fear killed yet means there’s likely scum in there. Probably 2.
This game also has a strong 'oh someone else will do it, so we dont have too' in it, so that isnt really a telling of anything
This is the first I’ve seen this line of thought... possible slip to a discussion a mafia team had?
I just said this same thing about Yav..

##vote yavuzovic

FlaviusAetius

#2220 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:14 pm
VOTE COUNT 3.2

yavuzovic(3) - bozotheclown, FlaviusAetius, Tom Bombadil
purplecow(2) - ND, ItsHosuke
CmdrLikely(2) - xorxes, BionicMole
Chaqa(1) - Vecna
ItsHosuke(1) - Temasek22
FlaviusAetius(1) - CmdrLikely
bozotheclown(1) - purplecow

Currently YAVUZOVIC is set to be lynched.

There are 27 hours and 46 minutes to go.
Wonder why tom bomb conviently moved off of yavu, in fact I dont even remember him voting for yavu...seems like he's sheeping, and probably bussing