Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2141 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:44 pm

@food it's X

foodcoats

#2142 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Okay, so xorxes claims inno child? And is saying their role can indeed be sorted out:
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 pm
Some claims are more equal than others, and some can indeed be sorted out, like the masons and the innocent child. The fact that you are voting for the one claim that can be most easily sorted out with time is very telling. Yes, it's very convenient for me that I randed that role, blame the GMs.
Yeah, in 5 more lynches...

I was hoping not to have to do an iso this morning but this is fucking rank.

xorxes

#2143 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:34 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 am
Says the person voting for the claimed innocent child.
Who claimed innocent child?
I did. You're obviously not reading the game closely, which is not necessarily scummy, but it's bad for town if you're town.
Also, that's a Day 7+ power. You could not punch me in the dick hard enough to care about that claim. Presumably a scum!child gets immediately lynched on Day 7 when the GM does not confirm their role, but if they still have a partner at that point that's a huge victory for scum to make it to day 8.
Of course, but voting for me before lylo is absurd.

Foxcastle

#2144 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:56 am
The problem, Xorxes, is that all scum have claimable roles no matter what, with no consequence or risk of CC. I think you're playing this like it's a regular game where these things can be sorted out. But if all 5 scum have claimable roles, some of which don't come into effect until later in the game, it just takes us too long to process those claims. Deference to claims makes little sense here.
Some claims are more equal than others, and some can indeed be sorted out, like the masons and the innocent child. The fact that you are voting for the one claim that can be most easily sorted out with time is very telling. Yes, it's very convenient for me that I randed that role, blame the GMs.
I do not see where you claimed innocent child other than when you did it in response to my vote on you. Which is a shitty "gotcha" loaded question. Tell me, Xorxes, are you still beating your innocent child?

Also, I do not care about the innocent child claim. Day 7? Psh. If you're scum, it's a convenient fake claim. If you're town, you'll have been fearkilled by then. If you're town and still alive, it's because you've gone down this terrible path of misleading town to a loss.

You are so stuck on mechanics and strategy to "solve the game" that you're not actually solving for scum.

brainbomb

#2145 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Foodcoats how do you feel about chaqa last second vote swing off emc?

Foxcastle

#2146 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:53 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:56 am
The problem, Xorxes, is that all scum have claimable roles no matter what, with no consequence or risk of CC. I think you're playing this like it's a regular game where these things can be sorted out. But if all 5 scum have claimable roles, some of which don't come into effect until later in the game, it just takes us too long to process those claims. Deference to claims makes little sense here.
I strongly agree with this. Overall I really think we should just be trying to lynch scummy players and largely ignoring claims unless they are truly proven. I will say though that I misinterpreted "role cop" as "Neapolitan," and now that I understand the actual role, mislynching Percy would be awful.
If you lynch someone with a later verifiable claim and they flip town you give away a free NK. If they are scum you'll get them when they fail to verify.
So lets give away a free night kill by lynching the likely mason?

Seriously, you think a newbie scum walked into game and say "I know, I'll joke away one of our claims!"??? That's ridiculous.

Foxcastle

#2147 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:57 pm

We are wasting a lot of time on this. Looks who's sitting back and enjoying the show: Dargo, e.m.c, Chaqa.

Foxcastle

#2148 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:58 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 pm
Who has accused you of "not hunting" this game? You seem to be doing a lot of hunting, which is one of the reasons I was townreading you.
Damo or Worcej? I forget specifically.

Foxcastle

#2149 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:10 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Why is everybody so protective of Masons? They're only glorified VTs.

Isn't it worth getting 2 town clears with a reveal and demonstration of contact?

Until such demo forthcoming ##Vote ItsHosuke.

You all really should listen to Xorxes. He makes perfect sense.
The masons are not VTs. They are clears if we play it right. That's way more valuable later in the game than it is right now.

Also, this looks fucking scummy, like you're sheeping Xorxes to mislynch Hosuke.

Foxcastle

#2150 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Xorxes, if you think Percy is actually likely to be cop, then you should also want to hold off revealing either of the Masons until Day 5. Having 2 clears that Percy can be sure he doesn't need to aim at is way more valuable than killing a mason today and letting the scum NK their way through all the clears.

Foxcastle

#2151 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Also, I'll point out that e.m.c is not only lurking, he's once again holding his vote. :eyeroll: But the lurking is more problematic. I suspect the plan is that after he narrowly escaped getting lynched, he wants to lay low and let Xorxes screw the masons.

Foxcastle

#2152 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 pm

My schedule, so you can know when I'll be railing: I will be around consistently for about an hour. And then I will likely be intermittent on mobile for about 2 hours. I am aiming to be back online for the hour up to EOD, but it depends on traffic.

e.m.c^42

#2153 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Also, I'll point out that e.m.c is not only lurking, he's once again holding his vote. :eyeroll: But the lurking is more problematic. I suspect the plan is that after he narrowly escaped getting lynched, he wants to lay low and let Xorxes screw the masons.
One does need to sleep occasionally, y'know? XD

catchin' up now

xorxes

#2154 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:52 pm

I do not see where you claimed innocent child other than when you did it in response to my vote on you. Which is a shitty "gotcha" loaded question. Tell me, Xorxes, are you still beating your innocent child?
I claimed (somewhat cryptically, but come on) in my post a few minutes before EON.

Even if you didn't get it, damo explained it later on, bozo and Jamiet also both asked about it and maybe someone else I'm forgetting. You wanted to lynch damo but you're not even paying attention to his interactions?
Also, I do not care about the innocent child claim. Day 7? Psh. If you're scum, it's a convenient fake claim.
And yet you were very adamant about protecting the other mason.
If you're town, you'll have been fearkilled by then.
I expect so, yes. That's why lynching me is so ridiculous.
If you're town and still alive, it's because you've gone down this terrible path of misleading town to a loss.
Ah, so you want to kill town!xorxes preventively. Nice.
You are so stuck on mechanics and strategy to "solve the game" that you're not actually solving for scum.
If you say so.

EspressoPatronum

#2155 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm
If Hosuke gets mislynched, the masons did it to themselves at this point. They need to clear each other now.

And yeah, you'd think emc would put a vote in early. Seems like he didn't learn anything from D1.

brainbomb

#2156 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm

ItsHosuke
Day-1 11:51
page 40 / orig
↑brainbomb: "the bullet point for why hotsuke claim is fake is that he said he needed a TLDR, which a mason buddy easily coulda just ..."
My mason buddy did not post in the mason chat before I made the claim and I need a quick TLDR at that time

ItsHosuke
Day-1 11:42
page 40 / orig
↑brainbomb: "Scumteam
Vecna
bosox
ItsHosuke
Chaqa
​ foodcoats"
Dude why, if I were scum I would probs claim a more valuable role or something. Only said my identity due to someone asking for a massclaim few posts up
such as? what other options were there.

who asked for a massclaim? do you know them?

xorxes

#2157 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Why is everybody so protective of Masons? They're only glorified VTs.

Isn't it worth getting 2 town clears with a reveal and demonstration of contact?

Until such demo forthcoming ##Vote ItsHosuke.

You all really should listen to Xorxes. He makes perfect sense.
The masons are not VTs. They are clears if we play it right. That's way more valuable later in the game than it is right now.

Also, this looks fucking scummy, like you're sheeping Xorxes to mislynch Hosuke.
Hosuke cannot be mislynched, unless he and his partner are complete idiots.

He is either properly lynched as scum, or he is properly cleared as town.

EspressoPatronum

#2158 Post by EspressoPatronum » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:50 pm

@bozo for your list:

Scum team:
1. Damo
2. Emc
3. Percy
4. Xorxes
5.Hosuke*

*If Hosuke gets mason cleared, put worcej in there instead.

brainbomb

#2159 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 pm

By page 40 every player in the game had posted.

xorxes

#2160 Post by xorxes » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:16 pm
Xorxes, if you think Percy is actually likely to be cop, then you should also want to hold off revealing either of the Masons until Day 5. Having 2 clears that Percy can be sure he doesn't need to aim at is way more valuable than killing a mason today and letting the scum NK their way through all the clears.
We're not killing a mason today, that's not possible.

Also if Percy is the Cop he will not get a scan, he will be either killed before he has a chance to, or he will be roleblocked (which would make him very suspect indeed).