MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

#1901 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:32 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:29 am
NK Analysis is the absolute barrel-scraping of mafia techniques and I wish I was surprised that PE has suddenly gone 100% into that...
I am doing it too hr, but it is something to look at.
I genuinely don't mean this to come across as patronising but PE, as the founder of Mafia on webDip, is held to a slightly higher standard than you are :razz:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1902 Post by ghug » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:32 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
NK Analysis is the absolute barrel-scraping of mafia techniques and I wish I was surprised that PE has suddenly gone 100% into that...
I genuinely don't mean this to come across as patronising but PE, as the founder of Mafia on webDip, is held to a slightly higher standard than you are :razz:
You have to remember that the inaugural webDip mafia game's MVP was a mustached piece of soggy cardboard.

Donny Dude

#1903 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
I see :lol:

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1904 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:39 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:28 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:15 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:02 am

I'm all ears to see some quotes about all the fantastic reads you gave D1. A few early "good town vibes", and a read on ghug that you later retracted (which I already acknowledged and indeed pointed out D1) are the sum total that I recollect there. You certainly didn't push anyone (again aside from that weak ghug vote), which is what I specifically picked up on being different from... All your other recent D1's.
I am on a beach playing only on phone, so I can't quote, but I gave some reads on page 28 and then again on page 47.

The vote on you was because I dislike both ND and Maniac wagons and I don't have any town vibe from you. Your reaction made me think I had found something. You reacted exactly the same way as on the Matrix game when I called you for not really pushing your questions. You attacked me and my lack of posts and got me misskilled.
P28 is the early 'good town vibes' that I recalled, and P47 is some potential reasons to vote people without you questioning or really pushing any of the three people you listed in the slightest (and your only later post was to vote me). P47 is a prime example of why I think you're different and much weaker compared to normal D1's.

Do you think I am not following up on questioning/pushing people here?

What do *you* think about Durga voting you at the start of the day?
I am not sure. I was going to question her but she just voted Vecna before I can and I was busy answering to you. But I honestly think that scumreading me after my D1 isn't that bad move, I was one of the lowest posters and didn't really have strong scum reads to push. My problem with your scumread on me is that it happened after I voted you and you were making things up about me.

Back to Durga, usually when both me and Durga are town she ends scumreading me. I think when Durga is scum she is less confrontational, and this game she have been like this at some points.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1905 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:39 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:

You have to remember that the inaugural webDip mafia game's MVP was a mustached piece of soggy cardboard.
I didn't play in the early games so I don't actually remember any such thing ;)

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1906 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
hm, I wonder if the beach = scum rivera thing is still true, but I don't think he's done it after getting called out way back in the early M40's or something, so alas, probably not applicable here.
No the beach is just summer Rivera.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1907 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:43 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
I have to agree with HR here. It's hard to believe a experienced player would base his vote on this weak NK analysis (with a Cop PR with unlimited charges out there).

brainbomb

#1908 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Night Kill analysis is the single most informative tool a townsperson has in leiu of an actual scum flip. To suggest that its reachy or barrel scraping to try to comprehend what scum was doing/thinking shows a lack of imagination on your part. It isnt that you have to denigrate nk analysis to get people off of it. some nightkills yield red herrings, some yield virtually nothing useful. However they usually DO mean something, and usually are meant to get rid of a PR- a good player- a vocal player- or an accurate player.

I dont like how much youre trying to snuff out completely harmless deliberation on the nk

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1909 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:39 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:15 am

I am on a beach playing only on phone, so I can't quote, but I gave some reads on page 28 and then again on page 47.

The vote on you was because I dislike both ND and Maniac wagons and I don't have any town vibe from you. Your reaction made me think I had found something. You reacted exactly the same way as on the Matrix game when I called you for not really pushing your questions. You attacked me and my lack of posts and got me misskilled.
P28 is the early 'good town vibes' that I recalled, and P47 is some potential reasons to vote people without you questioning or really pushing any of the three people you listed in the slightest (and your only later post was to vote me). P47 is a prime example of why I think you're different and much weaker compared to normal D1's.

I am not sure. I was going to question her but she just voted Vecna before I can and I was busy answering to you. But I honestly think that scumreading me after my D1 isn't that bad move, I was one of the lowest posters and didn't really have strong scum reads to push. My problem with your scumread on me is that it happened after I voted you and you were making things up about me.

Back to Durga, usually when both me and Durga are town she ends scumreading me. I think when Durga is scum she is less confrontational, and this game she have been like this at some points.
So I said that you haven't been pushing people as I would expect, you've now agreed you weren't pushing people, and yet you still think I was completely making it up and you can't remotely see where I was coming from there? Alright. Yes, the fact you voted me did indeed draw my attention to you and I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to you at all until I started doing my EoN reads list had it not been for that. I'm not certain why you think that's alignment indicative, though.

So you also think she may be scum due to lack of confrontation? Interesting. If only someone else had said that already ;)

brainbomb

#1910 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:45 am

The only other reason youd wanna kill this discussion is if youre genuinely afraid that your team killed him despite your read of him at EON. As in maybe they switched a kill without telling you

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1911 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:46 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Night Kill analysis is the single most informative tool a townsperson has in leiu of an actual scum flip. To suggest that its reachy or barrel scraping to try to comprehend what scum was doing/thinking shows a lack of imagination on your part. It isnt that you have to denigrate nk analysis to get people off of it. some nightkills yield red herrings, some yield virtually nothing useful. However they usually DO mean something, and usually are meant to get rid of a PR- a good player- a vocal player- or an accurate player.

I dont like how much youre trying to snuff out completely harmless deliberation on the nk
I've been extremely anti-NK Analysis for a few games ever since Bo_sox48 (incorrectly) reversed a game-long townread on me to vote me at KILO based solely on the fact that "Only HR would've killed Vecna on Night X". It's not harmless, it's stupid.

brainbomb

#1912 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:47 am

youre practically throttling your penis in ecstasy to get people to stop talking about it

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1913 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:48 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:47 am
youre practically throttling your penis in ecstasy to get people to stop talking about it
Mafia games are indeed nothing but a fantastic excuse to 'throttle my penis'

brainbomb

#1914 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 am

:lol: okay that was a great response
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:48 am
brainbomb wrote:

Donny Dude

#1915 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:46 am
brainbomb wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I've been extremely anti-NK Analysis for a few games ever since Bo_sox48 (incorrectly) reversed a game-long townread on me to vote me at KILO based solely on the fact that "Only HR would've killed Vecna on Night X". It's not harmless, it's stupid.
I would call that a bad useage of it plus it's bosox, what did you expect?

Donny Dude

#1916 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 am
:lol: okay that was a great response
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:48 am
brainbomb wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Donny Dude

#1917 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:52 am

Aaro, what do you make of celaph?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1918 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:58 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:39 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:

So I said that you haven't been pushing people as I would expect, you've now agreed you weren't pushing people, and yet you still think I was completely making it up and you can't remotely see where I was coming from there? Alright. Yes, the fact you voted me did indeed draw my attention to you and I probably wouldn't have paid any attention to you at all until I started doing my EoN reads list had it not been for that. I'm not certain why you think that's alignment indicative, though.

So you also think she may be scum due to lack of confrontation? Interesting. If only someone else had said that already ;)
I am never a big pusher, I don't know why you expect me to push someone on D1 of a game that started almost on NYE and where I was barely capable of keeping reading the thread (in fact I skipped some pages and most of the wall posts, including your read on Durga).
That's what I found really odd, you saying I didn't gave reads (not a wall of reads, but what I was thinking) and that I usually make big pushes on D1 (I don't).

brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE

#1919 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:59 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 pm
HR? Lol naw, he's pretty decent as town so why randomly kill him here.

Also, maniac is the easy kill

brainbomb

#1920 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:10 am
Shocked at the scum read from HR tbh, and I don't want to be his next tunnel victim I don't have the energy for that

So you think hes a great town player who victimizes players by tunneling.
Im not sure these ideas mesh. You dont seem to think very highly of him if you think he just tunnels people. Why would you want this to stay alive?