MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

#1801 Post by xorxes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:42 am

Ezio wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 am
I think the EU negotiator is paranoid, but thanks for sharing.
Yeah, noted, but not really relevant for now. If Vapor is scum he was caught as soon as he claimed town PR.

Nephthys

#1802 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:04 am
Percy Williams, has he actually provided any content yet? From memory he's town read flash and thinks vapor isnt being defensive. I really wanna see some reads but until I do he's in my top scum pile.

Scum - Tham, Fox, Ezio, Attorney
Weak Scum - Ike, ND, Damo
Null - Tom, Durga, flash, worcej
Town - Xorx, Vecna, Vapor, Squigs, Rd, EMC, bozo
To be clear, besides little comments throughout the game, my main read was here: http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 655#p62655.
I also didn't see myself on the read list above.

As far as I understand the mechanics, there are five total mafia one non con and three remaining conservative plus brainbomb (conservative) so focusing conservative is useful, but there is a mafia member in the non con pile.
[/quote]

Apologies, you can slot right in to my scum pile.

It now should read;

Scum - Tham, Fox, Ezio, Attorney, Percy

I must say that I missed that post when writing that, my thoughts on the wall are that;

You make a lot of conditional reads, I suppose that can just be from being new, so I'll give you the benefit there.

I disagree with your Att read based on pretty much what I've posted all game

EMC Im a little unsure about.

The rest all look reasonable, Regardless, my first scum game all I did was post weak reads and not really engage so I think its likely you are doing that so am not prepared to move you from my scum pile.

Vaporwave

#1803 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 am

Ezio wrote:
very much so, the person who used 'hi' is probably American :-)

Vaporwave

#1804 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:42 am
Ezio wrote:
Yeah, noted, but not really relevant for now. If Vapor is scum he was caught as soon as he claimed town PR.
not just any PR, but that Corbyn dude

Durga

#1805 Post by Durga » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 am

ND wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 am
I am so lost
Mood

Nephthys

#1806 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:49 am

As for my thoughts today, I want

Fox/Att as wagons.

I'm gonna trust my gut for now and ##vote Attorney

Nephthys

#1807 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 am

If I missed anyones questions let me know :)

xorxes

#1808 Post by xorxes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 am

It now should read;

I must say that I missed that post when writing that, my thoughts on the wall are that;

You make a lot of conditional reads, I suppose that can just be from being new, so I'll give you the benefit there.

The rest all look reasonable, Regardless, my first scum game all I did was post weak reads and not really engage so I think its likely you are doing that so am not prepared to move you from my scum pile.
You can't expect to be taken seriously when you list the claimed PM and three claimed non-con as your scum pool.

Ezio

#1809 Post by Ezio » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:40 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Case on Nephys: HIs read on me in his EoN reads makes absolutely no sense and is absolutely indicative of scum trying to fake a reads list.
“Ezio, Puts some defense on brain with an hour to go wanting to lynch a guy "that asked for low posters to come online". Scum “
While technically accurate at the surface level, it is absolutely not looking for meaning/reasoning behind the actions.
As previously stated, I had 15 minutes. These were rushed an not as detailed as I would have liked. Should I have had more time this is what yours would have been more detailed (and I would be voting for you should you not have claimed)
Ezio wrote:

The person I was referring to was Attorney, who was high on Neph’s scum list himself. Who was, in fact, the very person Neph ended the day on. Odd to scumread someone for pushing/voting someone you think is scum. It is far more likely Neph simply forgot he was supposed to be scumreading Attorney and looked at the surface of what I said and called it “scummy”.

Its almost like I was looking into the reasoning behind the vote...

I honestly couldn't give less of a shit who you are voting. Scum bus and I misread people. I think its a lot better to look at why you are voting, and to me, voting someone for asking low posters to come in is beyond weak.
Ezio wrote:

Furthermore, Nephys himself went from defending BB earlier in the day

As for brain, what Tom said last game really stood out to me. There's no point lynching someone who will obv themselves easily. While overnight he went nuts and I'm suspicious, I'm not 100% yet. Based on last game (sorry brain), I really rate his scum game because its easy to pick up. I think he's best left alone for today put scrutinized tomorrow.
-Neph

to this beauty of a hedge near EoD:

Last game it was painfully clear. Now not so much, usually whenever I scumread [Brainbomb] but doubt he ends up being town. I dunno though, he doesn't seem to be doing much.
-Neph

If that doesn’t scream “I don’t know what I’m supposed to say when my scum teammate is the leading lynch candidate” I don’t know what does. Townies, when they have an argument like that, usually act based on their stated opinions. Neph did not. We have to ask ourselves why, and the most likely answer seems to be that he was a scum partner.
This is the part of the case I love the most.

Your first quote; I never said he was town, I never stated I didn't think he was scum. I was merely saying that he wasn't the best lynch D1. Everyone knows brain is actually rather good at solving games whether or not he sticks to the right team once he's found them is another story though. I find his theories to be useful late game as they give me different perspectives. For this reason I actually quite like having him around near the end if town. This would give him a chance to show us he isn't town.

For your second; I agree with why most people are scumreading him. He didn't contribute much. However, to my knowledge, there hasn't been a game where I havent wanted to lynch him within the first two days. Last game I picked him early D1, here not so much therefore this reinforces my first statement you quoted about how I thought it best to leave him for another day.

All this screams is that I genuinely didn't think brain was a good D1 lynch, until he started copying the bot and claimed scum. I would lynch anyone for that.
The 15 minute excuse just explains why you would make this mistake as scum. It doesn't explain why you would do this as town.

I was pushing *your* solo wagon. I agreed with *your* defense of brainbomb. You didn't seem to notice this at all. Town usually notice when other people sheep them and they make a point of mentioning it. You did not do this.

Venca also noticed your read of him didn't make any sense given the explanation you used for other people, specifically me.

Nephthys

#1810 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:54 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:47 am

It now should read;

You can't expect to be taken seriously when you list the claimed PM and three claimed non-con as your scum pool.
Fuck me, I stated that the only reason I wasn't voting Ezio was that he claimed (read, is town)

I clearly just copied that from the original list and if you took the time to read then you would realise that.

xorxes

#1811 Post by xorxes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:54 am

Fuck me, I stated that the only reason I wasn't voting Ezio was that he claimed (read, is town)

I clearly just copied that from the original list and if you took the time to read then you would realise that.
Even rereading I can't find where you said that. Maybe do less copy-pasting and just write the important points you want to make.

Percy Williams

#1812 Post by Percy Williams » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 am
So, my fellow EU Negotiator want me to bring something to your attention:

I don't know if I can quote him, so I will try to use my own words:
The scum who shared his QT on D1 didn't said a word in the QT, but the EUN said Hi.
He then noticed that later that day, Vaporware said he only like people who say "hi" and he did it in quotes like that in the main thread. This leads him to believe he was fishing for the EU Negotiator.
The quote from Vapor is this:
can we please use 'Hi' I really prefer the American style :razz:

it sounds much nicer as a greeting

anyway, Vecna feels town

xorxes is also town
It's on page 12

So, our brave EU Negotiator believes Vapor is scum fishing for the EU and wants me to share this here
If this is right everyone has to take back their flak for my first vote.
(I'm not accusing Vapour yet, I just think It's funny.)

Nephthys

#1813 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 am

Ezio wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:53 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:40 am
Ezio wrote:

Case on Nephys: HIs read on me in his EoN reads makes absolutely no sense and is absolutely indicative of scum trying to fake a reads list.
“Ezio, Puts some defense on brain with an hour to go wanting to lynch a guy "that asked for low posters to come online". Scum “
While technically accurate at the surface level, it is absolutely not looking for meaning/reasoning behind the actions.
As previously stated, I had 15 minutes. These were rushed an not as detailed as I would have liked. Should I have had more time this is what yours would have been more detailed (and I would be voting for you should you not have claimed)
Ezio wrote:

The person I was referring to was Attorney, who was high on Neph’s scum list himself. Who was, in fact, the very person Neph ended the day on. Odd to scumread someone for pushing/voting someone you think is scum. It is far more likely Neph simply forgot he was supposed to be scumreading Attorney and looked at the surface of what I said and called it “scummy”.

Its almost like I was looking into the reasoning behind the vote...

I honestly couldn't give less of a shit who you are voting. Scum bus and I misread people. I think its a lot better to look at why you are voting, and to me, voting someone for asking low posters to come in is beyond weak.
Ezio wrote:

Furthermore, Nephys himself went from defending BB earlier in the day

As for brain, what Tom said last game really stood out to me. There's no point lynching someone who will obv themselves easily. While overnight he went nuts and I'm suspicious, I'm not 100% yet. Based on last game (sorry brain), I really rate his scum game because its easy to pick up. I think he's best left alone for today put scrutinized tomorrow.
-Neph

to this beauty of a hedge near EoD:

Last game it was painfully clear. Now not so much, usually whenever I scumread [Brainbomb] but doubt he ends up being town. I dunno though, he doesn't seem to be doing much.
-Neph

If that doesn’t scream “I don’t know what I’m supposed to say when my scum teammate is the leading lynch candidate” I don’t know what does. Townies, when they have an argument like that, usually act based on their stated opinions. Neph did not. We have to ask ourselves why, and the most likely answer seems to be that he was a scum partner.
This is the part of the case I love the most.

Your first quote; I never said he was town, I never stated I didn't think he was scum. I was merely saying that he wasn't the best lynch D1. Everyone knows brain is actually rather good at solving games whether or not he sticks to the right team once he's found them is another story though. I find his theories to be useful late game as they give me different perspectives. For this reason I actually quite like having him around near the end if town. This would give him a chance to show us he isn't town.

For your second; I agree with why most people are scumreading him. He didn't contribute much. However, to my knowledge, there hasn't been a game where I havent wanted to lynch him within the first two days. Last game I picked him early D1, here not so much therefore this reinforces my first statement you quoted about how I thought it best to leave him for another day.

All this screams is that I genuinely didn't think brain was a good D1 lynch, until he started copying the bot and claimed scum. I would lynch anyone for that.
The 15 minute excuse just explains why you would make this mistake as scum. It doesn't explain why you would do this as town.

I was pushing *your* solo wagon. I agreed with *your* defense of brainbomb. You didn't seem to notice this at all. Town usually notice when other people sheep them and they make a point of mentioning it. You did not do this.

Venca also noticed your read of him didn't make any sense given the explanation you used for other people, specifically me.
I wrote this without the bot lol, it was pretty much from memory. I don't get your line here.

Maybe its just I didn't care that you pushed "my" wagon, maybe I thought you were scum and cared even less about where your vote was. Your case here is that I dont play like you do. It's terrible.

I also don't understand the last point, what criteria was I using and on who?

Nephthys

#1814 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 am
Nephthys wrote:

Even rereading I can't find where you said that. Maybe do less copy-pasting and just write the important points you want to make.

It's easier to copy paste, and if it means some people actually read my posts properly (as I suggest you do from now on) then I would say its almost actually worth it. I may actually have some good ideas.

xorxes

#1815 Post by xorxes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 am

Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 am
xorxes wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

It's easier to copy paste, and if it means some people actually read my posts properly (as I suggest you do from now on) then I would say its almost actually worth it. I may actually have some good ideas.
I was replying to #1802, not #1798

But this is getting silly. If I understand correctly you think three people who claimed non-con are scum, correct?

Nephthys

#1816 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 am
Nephthys wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 am
xorxes wrote:

I was replying to #1802, not #1798

But this is getting silly. If I understand correctly you think three people who claimed non-con are scum, correct?
No, they are the people who I think are the best options to be scum.

Had I thought I had the entire scum team then I would have posted as much. I know that I am likely wrong about one or more of them. I would hope though that seeing me scumreading them that others will go away, re-read them the contribute to the discussion. This is how I generally play and I think the best way to do so.

Also, just as a side note, if you are replying to 1802 then I would generally hope you had read 1798.

Nephthys

#1817 Post by Nephthys » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 am

Although of the cons people my top three is
- Att
- Damo
- Ike
But you would know that if you read my post

Vaporwave

#1818 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:24 am

We're screwed if one scum like xorxes has infiltrated

Based on his plan, he's secure to final phases.

Jamiet99uk

#1819 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:25 am

VOTE COUNT 2.2

Nephthys (3) - Ezio, Xorxes, Vaporwave
Foxcastle (2) - Worcej, Attorney
Attorney (2) - Foxcastle, Nephthys
RagingIke (1) - Flash
Flash (1) - Squigs

Currently Nephthys is scheduled to be expelled.

44 hours and 35 minutes remain in D2.

Vaporwave

#1820 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:26 am

Don't like to repeat myself, but one last time

Atto is a scombo and many of you will be shocked at his belly size

a fat scum if I've seen one.

mafia team hated bomb's spamming, they had great reason to buss him hard