MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1341 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am

I'm going to upgrade you to a moderate scum because why would you target me exclusively and completely ignore everyone else? Anybody could see I had a big deal with Vecna and that there were people who had much bigger problems with Ezio. You look at my messages, I never had a significant scum read on him nor have I voted for him; your only targeting me because I'm new.

I think your pointing fingers at me simply because I appear to be the clearest townie here and by making my fellow townies suspicious of me allows them to lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill on me. I expect you and your buddies will probably be on my wagon for the next day as well.
Chip... Calm down. He's saying you are the vig. He's saying you are town. He's not trying to get you lynched. Why are you reacting this way?
I'm not going to get bundled as the dumbass that killed a townie nor am I going to get myself lynched just because I was supposedly the Vig.
lynched == nightkilled

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1342 Post by dargorygel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:31 am

Ok... got a lot to read more thoroughly. Will try to respond to EoD in the morning. But right now: I am not SK... It is reasonable to think that someone on my train was the SK, but not absolute. Occam's razor, though, makes me lean that way. I think the Vig did fine shooting Ezio, particularly if Ezio WAS crumbing (ala rdrivera.) I was reading him as scum... but I realize that I often read scum/PR in the same way. And Ezio was sort of a PR. The vote changes at the EoD need examining (and some have, obviously.) Why did bo urge me to switch my vote to him? I didn't really think my vote would matter, I was being lynched... so I did it to thumb my nose at him. (Sorry, bo...) I haven't yet decided if it was a bad move. Chew me out for it, if it was.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1343 Post by dargorygel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 am
So uh can i get an update? I saw that we tied why r we arguing about ezio again

Who took the vision stone? Iron man right? Where is he
DT, you really shouldn't be asking this (about Iron Man.) He is hidden for an obvious good reason.

DoubtingThomas

#1344 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:41 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:

DT, you really shouldn't be asking this (about Iron Man.) He is hidden for an obvious good reason.
Well, no what I wasnt asking is who iron man is

I skimmed thru and what i saw was now only town stone is in hands of the village? Whereas ironman who killed vision should have the vision stone too. And i thought iron man was a town vig. So idk why someone said only town stone is villa owned? Was tryna clarify. Still confused

DoubtingThomas

#1345 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:41 am
dargorygel wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:

I skimmed thru and what i saw was now only town stone is in hands of the village? Whereas ironman who killed vision should have the vision stone too. And i thought iron man was a town vig. So idk why someone said only town stone is villa owned? Was tryna clarify. Still confused
Town stone= time stone

Does villa[iron man] still own vision stone?

bozotheclown

#1346 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:41 am
dargorygel wrote:

Town stone= time stone

Does villa[iron man] still own vision stone?
The Vig took the Mind Stone when he shot Ezio, so he still has it unless he gave it away at the end of D1.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1347 Post by ghug » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:47 am

Thomas, how old are you?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1348 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:23 am

Nothing of interest has happened since I left, apparently.

It occurred to me before I left that all of snowy, darg, and myself are town, but I was wondering if someone else might say it first. Darg is the easy one - he had more than ample opportunity and reason to claim a role and didn't. I'm the next easy one, but someone else is going to have to make that case. It seems a little bit disingenuous for me to do it myself. A couple of you have already started, which I appreciate.

Snowy was under a significant amount of pressure throughout much of day 1, but his interaction with worcej screams town to me. On page 12, he “interrogates” him, paired with a pressure vote. Read it for yourself. The way snowy goes about this entire ordeal, managing not to actually call worcej scum but to leave it open ended for worcej to reveal himself whether he is scum or a PR, is very townie. If he were scum, he would already know whether worcej is scum or a PR. (Keep in mind that worcej has not claimed yet.) This would have been a great opportunity to note the slip, shut up, and look to either protect his teammate, bus his teammate, or have a damn good PR read for the night chat if worcej isn’t his teammate, which we are safely assuming right now he can’t be.

The other reason to call snowy town is how consistent the pressure on him was throughout the day yet how little it was manipulated leading up to the EOD. If snowy had teammates, at least one or two of them would have taken an active role in his wagon. Bismarck voted for snowy and then disappeared. Jamie voted for snowy and then maintained that vote throughout the remainder of the day. Vecna and worcej did the same. Each of these four voted for him waaaaay before EOD. There was no obviously apparent attempt to bus before the rash of vote changes at the end of the day. Likewise, there was no obvious attempt to dispel his wagon either by raising someone else’s specifically over his or by defending him. His wagon was very stagnant - it was there all day and for the most part went unchanged until the final minutes. If the mafia team intended to manipulate the wagon on him by either pushing it or trying to end it, I can’t figure out where they did.

This leads me to believe that most of the vote shuffling at the end of the day was town-motivated. The scum crew was sitting still because they had no immediate reason to interfere. That makes bozo look pretty good, along with ChippeRock for getting off a dead wagon and moving into the rat race even though he actually tied the vote. It should make me look pretty good too since I stirred the boiling pot, but again, disingenuous...

Vecna

#1349 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 pm
Newz flash

If ghugs posted 69 times and you cant tell what he is, hes scum.

If Jamie has posted 77 times and you cant tell what he is, he is scum

HR reads were insincere cover for fellow scum
This is such utter bullshit.

Brainbomb is probably scum hiding as gamorra here.

Jamiet99uk

#1350 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:04 am

@Damo666, why are you hunting for the Vig?

Scummy as all hell, that sort of behaving.

ChippeRock

#1351 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 am
brainbomb wrote:
Newz flash

Sounds like something scum would say...

Vecna

#1352 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:35 pm
I plan to put my best effort into this game because you shouldnt have been vigged I was probably just very tilted. But you made the game ugly and toxic when ive been trying to be useful and a team player which takes alot for me BECAUSE OF SHITHEADS LIKE YOU BRO.
Fake

Vecna

#1353 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 pm
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Because of the order of voting, rivera would be the most likely.
What about Vecna? And why did you make your last second (late) vote change?
Vecna wasn't on dargo, the SK put the stone vote on dargo, so he probably thought dargo was going to be the lynch.

I changed my vote so it wouldn't be a tie.
Also xorxes is extremely scummy this game, and potentially SK again.

No genuine real game-solvey thought out of the slot whatsoever, and here it even gets involved in weak-ass SK stone reasoning.

Here's a thought as to what most likely really happened: The SK just used his stone on a random person, and was nowhere near danger of getting lynched. He just used it because "lol some extra chaos in the game never hurt scum". Just to let town waste a lot of time over the infinite possibilities of how the stone couldve been used.

Vecna

#1354 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:41 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 am
xorxes wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm
Brain, why are you so mad?

Xorxes, why are you only insightful about the non-mafia scum?

Other people on darg, which one of you is SK?
You don't like my Jamiet/ND theory? It fits quite well with my experience of ND's Mafia MO.

The SK is rivera, he voted when the wagon was most consolidated.
Your logic is so bad, that I am starting to have scum vibes from you, it's like you are trying to frame me. And your vote after EOD is also piss poor.

SK is a nerfed role in this setup, unless scum decide to take the risk and kill Brainbomb. The only SK chance is to remain hidden and try to get some stones along the way and with wagons so close I don't think he will risk exposing himself to a small chance Dargo is a scum with a stone (if he was a town PR he would have claimed).
Youre wrong, the SK is extremely overpowered and in a few days were gonna find out its probably stronger than that Equalizer role that HR/Ghug/Xorxes will still remember.

Lets just hope scum are not so clueless as to have their stone-holders do the nightkill, and lets hope our town stoneholders are smart enough to know when theyre about to be nightkilled.

Scum probably have quite a lot of information already if theyre paying attention, so id be surprised if they dont steal a bunch of our stones over the next few nights.

After that all the SK has to do is be on the wagon of a scum with stones, and he suddenly becomes nearly unlynchable.

yavuzovic

#1355 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am

First of all, I want to state that Brain isn't confirmed. I don't know what to do here. SK knows who Gamora is but since we have only Brain's claim, we can't lynch him. Maybe a Vig shot on BB could be useful but also dangerous. That stone may go to bad hands.

Plus, Jamie asked me about Snowy yesterday and I forgot it :razz: , I'll write something about Snowy soon. Sorry about that.

Related to the tie, SK didn't have much information about stones - I don't think SK knows more than us, do they? And I believe SK used the vote power on heavy wagons but they were actually away from discussion. What SK should do now is hiding themselves. I believe SK was on the light wagons:
Jamie: ND(!) and brainbomb(!) ; Foxcastle: DoubtingThomas(!) ;
Vecna: damo666(!)

I may be wrong here but in this theory, sk pool is:
ND, brain, DT, and damo

Besides that, SK might try lynching people to get stones. I think that would be a good strategy for SK too. They were on a lynch-candidate-wagon (as power stone was used on darg wagon, I assume they were on darg wagon) and tried to lynch the target to get their stone if they had.

yavuzovic

#1356 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:32 am
Here's a thought as to what most likely really happened: The SK just used his stone on a random person, and was nowhere near danger of getting lynched. He just used it because "lol some extra chaos in the game never hurt scum". Just to let town waste a lot of time over the infinite possibilities of how the stone couldve been used.
This is also a possibility but I don't think SK did that. Sk needs to collect stones, why should he just use it randomly.

Vecna

#1357 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 am
brainbomb wrote:
Newz flash

Sounds like something scum would say...
Dude you have never played mafia here, so wtf do you even know of the history of these guys or how they get read.

Ghug and Jamiet are the two persons that are most often mislynched on this entire website. Brainbomb claiming that its easy to townread them, while he just last game pushed a mislynch on Jamiet IS bullshit.

Get out of your idiotic tunnel you freakish newb.

Vecna

#1358 Post by Vecna » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:56 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am
Vecna wrote:
This is also a possibility but I don't think SK did that. Sk needs to collect stones, why should he just use it randomly.
SK dont care about the early days, and will be fine to have the stones on mafia. He just needs to remain undetected and he will win the game automatically around day7 or w/e

yavuzovic

#1359 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:56 am
yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am
Vecna wrote:
SK dont care about the early days, and will be fine to have the stones on mafia. He just needs to remain undetected and he will win the game automatically around day7 or w/e
You're wrong , as we have the mind stone, SK should be aware and accelerate this.

yavuzovic

#1360 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 am

Vecna wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 am
Dude you have never played mafia here, so wtf do you even know of the history of these guys or how they get read.

Ghug and Jamiet are the two persons that are most often mislynched on this entire website. Brainbomb claiming that its easy to townread them, while he just last game pushed a mislynch on Jamiet IS bullshit.

Get out of your idiotic tunnel you freakish newb.
Please don't say that, ChippeRock contributed very good so far. If you think he's wrong, just don't do what he says.
I believe Chippe is town, because newbie mafias slip a lot. I don't know if he played before though, how experienced are you Chippe?