MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1321 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:13 am

Why are you guys arguing about who the vig is? Find the scum, not the PRs

ChippeRock

#1322 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 am
Chip - as I previously said Ezio's Realtiy stone fear made him (to me) clear;y town.

Therefore, (to me), vig killing him was an act of stupidity that even Brain , Jamie and Vecna are beyond. So, yes, C is YOU.
I'm going to upgrade you to a moderate scum because why would you target me exclusively and completely ignore everyone else? Anybody could see I had a big deal with Vecna and that there were people who had much bigger problems with Ezio. You look at my messages, I never had a significant scum read on him nor have I voted for him; your only targeting me because I'm new.

I think your pointing fingers at me simply because I appear to be the clearest townie here and by making my fellow townies suspicious of me allows them to lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill on me. I expect you and your buddies will probably be on my wagon for the next day as well.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1323 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am
damo666 wrote:
Chip - as I previously said Ezio's Realtiy stone fear made him (to me) clear;y town.

Therefore, (to me), vig killing him was an act of stupidity that even Brain , Jamie and Vecna are beyond. So, yes, C is YOU.
I'm going to upgrade you to a moderate scum because why would you target me exclusively and completely ignore everyone else? Anybody could see I had a big deal with Vecna and that there were people who had much bigger problems with Ezio. You look at my messages, I never had a significant scum read on him nor have I voted for him; your only targeting me because I'm new.

I think your pointing fingers at me simply because I appear to be the clearest townie here and by making my fellow townies suspicious of me allows them to lynch me instead of having to waste a night kill on me. I expect you and your buddies will probably be on my wagon for the next day as well.
Chip... Calm down. He's saying you are the vig. He's saying you are town. He's not trying to get you lynched. Why are you reacting this way?

xorxes

#1324 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:46 am

SK is a nerfed role in this setup, unless scum decide to take the risk and kill Brainbomb. The only SK chance is to remain hidden and try to get some stones along the way and with wagons so close I don't think he will risk exposing himself to a small chance Dargo is a scum with a stone (if he was a town PR he would have claimed).
I thought SK was nerfed too initially, but even without bb's stone the power of the SK will keep increasing, as he controls every day a bigger share of the vote even without collecting new stones, and the increase is faster if he collects a couple more stones.

I agree it's just as likely that the SK wasn't on the dargo wagon, but if he was you are the best candidate. I don't think we should make it our top priority to lynch the SK just yet, but it's not a weak role and it will only get stronger as time passes.

ChippeRock

#1325 Post by ChippeRock » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am
damo666 wrote:

Chip... Calm down. He's saying you are the vig. He's saying you are town. He's not trying to get you lynched. Why are you reacting this way?
I'm not going to get bundled as the dumbass that killed a townie nor am I going to get myself lynched just because I was supposedly the Vig.

xorxes

#1326 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:35 am

And if we lynch scum, the chance of them having a stone is 50%, so the SK is very interested in lynching scum and being a part of the wagon. If we lynch scum and the SK is not on the wagon, the stone may go to town, which makes it harder for the SK to obtain, because any town will claim to have the stone before they are lynched. That, at least, is good for town.

xorxes

#1327 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 am

I'm not going to get bundled as the dumbass that killed a townie nor am I going to get myself lynched just because I was supposedly the Vig.
We're obviously not going to lynch the Vig, no matter how much of a dumbass they may or may not be.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1328 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:35 am
And if we lynch scum, the chance of them having a stone is 50%, so the SK is very interested in lynching scum and being a part of the wagon. If we lynch scum and the SK is not on the wagon, the stone may go to town, which makes it harder for the SK to obtain, because any town will claim to have the stone before they are lynched. That, at least, is good for town.
Question: If you are VT with a stone, would it be better to claim, or just give your stone to someone you think is very likely town? If you claim, the item thief will steal your stone, but if you give it to someone else, you have a much higher chance of it staying in towns hands.

xorxes

#1329 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

Question: If you are VT with a stone, would it be better to claim, or just give your stone to someone you think is very likely town? If you claim, the item thief will steal your stone, but if you give it to someone else, you have a much higher chance of it staying in towns hands.
The only stone in town's hands now (besides bb's) is the Time Stone. I would say give it to someone else who is likely town only if you are at high risk of being the nightkill, otherwise why would you risk passing it to Mafia or worse to the SK when it is safely in town's hands?

And you should only claim it if you are about to be lynched (or to counterclaim a fake claim from scum that is about to be lynched).

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1330 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:55 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:52 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

The only stone in town's hands now (besides bb's) is the Time Stone. I would say give it to someone else who is likely town only if you are at high risk of being the nightkill, otherwise why would you risk passing it to Mafia or worse to the SK when it is safely in town's hands?

And you should only claim it if you are about to be lynched (or to counterclaim a fake claim from scum that is about to be lynched).
But if you claim, the item thief can steal from you and then it's guaranteed to be in scums hands. And obviously only do that if you are about to be lynched.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1331 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:56 am

Are you the item thief Xorxes? Trying to get us to claim and then stealing our stones?

xorxes

#1332 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:56 am

xorxes wrote:

The only stone in town's hands now (besides bb's) is the Time Stone.
Oh, and the Vig has a stone too. He obviously shouldn't claim, but he can pass it to someone else if they think they're exposed. In that case he should have passed it before EOD, now it's too late if they kill him.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1333 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am

xorxes wrote:
The only stone in town's hands now (besides bb's) is the Time Stone.
The vig has the vision stone now.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1334 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am

Cross post...

xorxes

#1335 Post by xorxes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:56 am
Are you the item thief Xorxes? Trying to get us to claim and then stealing our stones?
What? How am I trying to get anyone to claim? I explicitly said DON'T CLAIM unless you're about to be lynched.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1336 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 am

##Call GM
Can you pass a stone mid phase, or does it have to be at the end of a phase?

RagingIke297

#1337 Post by RagingIke297 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 am
##Call GM
Instructions can be placed whenever, end of phase is when the order is executed after all other actions take place

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1338 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:03 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 am
##Call GM
Instructions can be placed whenever, end of phase is when the order is executed after all other actions take place
Oh... I thought you could pass the stone before being lynched. Forget what I said then

DoubtingThomas

#1339 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

Sup bros busy busy day

DoubtingThomas

#1340 Post by DoubtingThomas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:27 am

So uh can i get an update? I saw that we tied why r we arguing about ezio again

Who took the vision stone? Iron man right? Where is he