MAFIA XXXVIII Sign Up Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
RagingIke297

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII Sign Up Thread

#121 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:27 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:19 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:16 pm
So what happens when mafia dies? Roles change like last game (e.g. if ninja dies, one of the other mafia gain the ninja ability and loses their own ability)?
Nope, once I PR dies, Town or Mafia, they and the power they had are gone. Stones are the only things that cannot leave the game
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:16 pm
If the item smith gives an item to someone else, is the identity of the item smith revealed to that person?
The identity of the smith and the identity of the person receiving is not revealed to either. It's totally anonymous.
So is killing the wielder of the stone and stealing it the only way to transfer the stones?

what happens to the stone if a stone wielder is lynched?

does the item just disappear if the person carrying the item is lynched/killed?
I think these will clear that up
Note: In the event of a player holding a stone being lynched, if the SK was a part of the lynch, they receive the stone. IF NOT, it is randomly given to a player that was a part of the lynch.
Note 2: In the event of a player holding a stone being NK’ed, the person who performed the kill gets the stone(s).
Note 3: In the event of a player holding a stone being taken into the soul stone, the SK gets the stone(s)
Note 4: Players may at give stones to other players by contacting a GM, they must not knowingly go against their Win Con, all orders submitted will be carried out at the end of the phase, once ALL other actions have taken place.

**New** Note 5: When a player is lynched, any non-stone items they will be given out to those on the lynch 100% randomly regardless of if the serial killer was on the lynch. When a player is night killed, any non-stone items they have will be given to the killer as well. (Items in the Item Smith's Item Pool do not count as items they have)

RagingIke297

#122 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:07 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:15 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:04 pm

I mean You got lynched. I got fearkilled.
I got lynched partly because you made up a series of lies about me and pushed them relentlessly even when I demonstrated that they were lies.

Could you explain why you did that? I assume it's just because you hate me in real life and spoiling any game I am involved in is more important to you than playing properly or trying to win. Yes?
You really dont understand why you were annoying that game do you?
I would absolutely love to see one of you pull Thanos and the other Gamora.

"I'm not sorry little one, I hope you hit the ground particularly hard" :lol:

brainbomb

#123 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Ive no idea why you think I hate you personally. I just find the way you play to be very mechanically flawed as town. You treat these games like whoever says something obtuse or whoever refuses to respond in full with CV, Resume and accurate measurement of their girth is dishonest. You treat people who refuse to answer your petulant overbearing questions as if theyre scum who is blatantly ignoring you.

News flash, if the question does absoluttely nothing to forward the game, fails to help anyone but you, or in general is just a red herring, any answer you get is just filler anyway.

You waste your votes, and waste yoir time getting annoyed with people and you allow scum safe havens to lynch beside you OR ON YOU for these stubborn oversights.

Nothing you asked me last game had any relevance or purpose
No answer I could have given wouldve moved you or anyones vote
No answer I couldve given wouldve been worth my energy.

brainbomb

#124 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Im going to mostly ignore your questions anytime I find them unhelpful. You can feel free to continue reading that as me being scum who wants to escape your terrifying interrogations.

brainbomb

#125 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:35 pm

If yer gonna pregame decide to be a dipshit. We can of course pregame decide to troll you all game for said ignorance.

brainbomb

#126 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:38 pm

One reason Jamie is good as scum is he asks less questions so he stays off radars for multiple days, and the questions actually seem helpful.

DoubtingThomas

#127 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Nope, once I PR dies, Town or Mafia, they and the power they had are gone. Stones are the only things that cannot leave the game

The identity of the smith and the identity of the person receiving is not revealed to either. It's totally anonymous.
So is killing the wielder of the stone and stealing it the only way to transfer the stones?

what happens to the stone if a stone wielder is lynched?

does the item just disappear if the person carrying the item is lynched/killed?
I think these will clear that up
Note: In the event of a player holding a stone being lynched, if the SK was a part of the lynch, they receive the stone. IF NOT, it is randomly given to a player that was a part of the lynch.
Note 2: In the event of a player holding a stone being NK’ed, the person who performed the kill gets the stone(s).
Note 3: In the event of a player holding a stone being taken into the soul stone, the SK gets the stone(s)
Note 4: Players may at give stones to other players by contacting a GM, they must not knowingly go against their Win Con, all orders submitted will be carried out at the end of the phase, once ALL other actions have taken place.

**New** Note 5: When a player is lynched, any non-stone items they will be given out to those on the lynch 100% randomly regardless of if the serial killer was on the lynch. When a player is night killed, any non-stone items they have will be given to the killer as well. (Items in the Item Smith's Item Pool do not count as items they have)
I see.

Then is the transferring of stone in any way become a public knowledge?

(Ex: player A has been night killed. he was the wielder of Y stone. Y stone is now in the possession of someone else)

or is it completely unknown?

Also, what if Gamora is killed before D2 when Thanos knows who is Gamora.

Or if Gamora decides to "transfer" her soul stone to someone else?

Does the new person with the soul stone become "Gamora" or does Thanos just know the original Gamora, even though she might not have the soul stone anymore at D2?

RagingIke297

#128 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:57 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:41 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:

Snipped
Snipped
I see.

Then is the transferring of stone in any way become a public knowledge?

(Ex: player A has been night killed. he was the wielder of Y stone. Y stone is now in the possession of someone else)

or is it completely unknown?

Also, what if Gamora is killed before D2 when Thanos knows who is Gamora.

Or if Gamora decides to "transfer" her soul stone to someone else?

Does the new person with the soul stone become "Gamora" or does Thanos just know the original Gamora, even though she might not have the soul stone anymore at D2?
There is no public knowledge of a stone changing hands, I will make no mention of them besides flavor text and when they're powers are activated.
If Gamora is killed on D1 or N1, then Thanos is SOL, however, Gamora cannot transfer the soul stone to another player. There won't be a new Gamora if she is lnyched and the serial killer is not on the lynch or if she is night killed. Thanos gets to know who Gamora is at the start of day two, not necessarily who has the soul stone.

RagingIke297

#129 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Hmmmmmm, perhaps I should start the game at 18:08:08 08/08/18 for good luck. It would be perfectly balanced, as all things should be....

yavuzovic

#130 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Try it, even the year is set for this.

yavuzovic

#131 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 pm

And I'll never give my stone

DoubtingThomas

#132 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm

I really hope I roll Groot. it will be so fun

ChippeRock

#133 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Game starts August 6th at 5:00PM EST and 9:00PM UTC. We need 1 more player unless Ike decides to make Squigs44 (or any of the other signed up players) Co-GM in which case we would need 2 more players.

Of course, if you started the game on August 9th or after that date DrCJG would be able to play instead of sub.

1.Yavuzovic
2. brainbomb of course
3. ND
4. Squigs44 (or can Co gm instead of playing if needed)
5. ChippeRock
6. bozo
7. Jamiet99uk
8. y2kjbk
9. worcej
10. Vecna
11. Ghug
12. Bo
13. damo666
14.rdrivera2005
15. snowy801
16. BismarckAlive
17. flash2015
18. Ezio
19. Darg
20. Foxcastle
21. xorxes
22. DoubtingThomas

Sub
1. DrCJG (Would play if game started after August 9th)

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#134 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Peter has been online today. I wonder why he hasn't joined yet...or at least indicated that he won't be joining. I sent him a PM as a reminder.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#135 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:35 pm

OK, no peter...:(

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#136 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm
I really hope I roll Groot. it will be so fun
You won't be rolling Groot... because... (wait for it...)
I AM GROOT

brainbomb

#137 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 pm

As long I get to be Aqualung I am satisfied

Jamiet99uk

#138 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:08 pm
Ive no idea why you think I hate you personally. I just find the way you play to be very mechanically flawed as town. You treat these games like whoever says something obtuse or whoever refuses to respond in full with CV, Resume and accurate measurement of their girth is dishonest. You treat people who refuse to answer your petulant overbearing questions as if theyre scum who is blatantly ignoring you.
Whereas what you do as town is lie and lie and lie and lie and lie.

You fake claimed roleblock, you fake counter-claimed the real doctor, you invented lies about me to push my lynch.

Why?

Jamiet99uk

#139 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:34 pm

I am not going to ask Brainbomb any questions or respond to anything he posts, in this coming game, at all.

I advocate a policy lynch of him straight away, and I will vote for him from the start of D1. He is damaging for town. Look at his dreadful antics in the last game.

If I roll Vig I am shooting Brainbomb instantly.

yavuzovic

#140 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:46 pm

I'll lynch you Jamiet, if you do that. That only works for mafia.