Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#1141 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:40 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:33 pm
he cant be telling the truth about not seeing that. his entire shtick revolved around page 1 posters being scummy. If there was any truth to that whatsoever he wouldve seen all of your blippi gifs and you claiming to be brainbomb five minutes into the game
Earth to brainbomb, I was on an hour late due to the pesky time zone mistake.
so to be clear how many times have you actually gone back and reread the start of game to help articulate your own cases? and by start of game, lets say first 11-15 posts of the game. it probably takes two minutes max to do just that bare minimum right?
Plenty. I didn't realize the first two posts were Will impersonating you, I thought he was making fun of you. You're really great at fabricating reasons to scumread people this game, aren't you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1142 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:02 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:43 pm
Don’t have much time to respond to things rn (in school), but ti seems everyone is now deciding to go for either sweet or damo. I urge that once a majority has decided a target, single wagons should join as well, if only to keep the MMA from getting power. I’ll add that very likely 1 of the single wagons is mafia trying to buff an MMA, and that should any remain at EOD, they are more likely to be MMA, and whoever votes for them is more likely angel gang of some kind.
The optimal way to deal with MMA is to have everyone consolidate late. We can't and shouldn't try to abstract away our daykill trying to avoid giving them any power, because we still need to hunt, but we should make a best effort to limit their power.

That is all.

Kakarroto

#1143 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:03 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:26 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:00 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:59 pm
okay, so can we talk about what everyone really wants to talk about?
How Kak hasn't posted yet? It's a crying shame.
He’s been typing his intro post this whole time
congrats to 8k karma

hmm, hmm, not sure yet, but Chaqa feels kinda towny

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1144 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:03 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:32 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:07 am

Iso means [read in] iso[lation]. It's a thing bad players do in a misguided attempt to appear useful where they read a player's posts out of context looking for gotchas. They them capitalize all the letters because they think acronyms make them sound serious.
This is 100% accurate lol
don't let ghug gaslight you into thinking isos aren't useful
This is the least I've ever respected you.

sweetandcool

#1145 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:04 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm
sweet is not the best at playing as scum. and what I saw looked like defeated frustrated sweet caving in on himself as per usual as mafia. last night he did a 180 on almost every read he had, he kept talking about exclusively needing to find judges and yet spent all his time focusing on balki being an angel. when asked about his take on non posters he claimed to agree with everything I said, and the things I said were all if/then questions so there is no possible way he really read my posts. He also clearly didnt really read my case on damo, and had already decided damo was town before ever even bothering.

most likely sweet is mafia, and doesnt like the setup, was hoping somehow that he could try to townside and it failed.

So nobody thinks this looks like Mafia? This is not the brainbomb I know, spewing false narratives left and right. brain omb is definitely Mafia I have no doubts whatsoever.
I dislike meta reads but I must confess brainbomb being inconsistent and nonsensical all over the place is very in character of him
Urgh, but this is different damnit. This is not normal.

Kakarroto

#1146 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:29 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:28 pm

Damn you really dipped my nachos there
You're caught red handed, you may as well confess now
I confess! It was me!

I stole the cookie from the cookie jar
Put the cookie down! Now!

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1147 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm
sweet is not the best at playing as scum. and what I saw looked like defeated frustrated sweet caving in on himself as per usual as mafia. last night he did a 180 on almost every read he had, he kept talking about exclusively needing to find judges and yet spent all his time focusing on balki being an angel. when asked about his take on non posters he claimed to agree with everything I said, and the things I said were all if/then questions so there is no possible way he really read my posts. He also clearly didnt really read my case on damo, and had already decided damo was town before ever even bothering.

most likely sweet is mafia, and doesnt like the setup, was hoping somehow that he could try to townside and it failed.
Yeah, I'm as weirded out as the next guy by the quick growth of the wagon, but the "my push didn't work so I'm backing off" thing is classic scum sweet.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1148 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:59 pm
Has anyone considered kingofthepirates as scum?

If not, perhaps do so now
I have and concluded that he likely is not.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1149 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:12 pm
For sweet:

Damo/ghug/Dip/brain/Balki
You think Balki is pure now?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1150 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:28 pm
Hmm

##vote ghug
Whatever I said before about respect.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1151 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:12 pm
For sweet:

Damo/ghug/Dip/brain/Balki
You think Balki is pure now?
No i accidentally flipped it the wrong way

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1152 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:10 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:43 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:50 am
I'm suspicious of all this because it looks to me, @sweet, that you felt like you didn't have a good read on me, then you started making some posts about my mechanical discussion that sort of assumed I was Angel, and finally when your "let's not try to chop Angel" thesis was debunked, you retreated to "okay I'm cool with a Balki chop."

That is a super strange progression because your discussion about why I might be Angel came only from a "Balki is unlikely to be Judge" place, which would have likely caused a more genuine progression to think "Oh, Balki is making things hard for the Judges so he is more likely than random to be Town."

Doesn't seem real. And especially because you seemed perturbed by me asking you to explain why you suspected I was an angel, and refused to do it when I asked you at first, just seemed like you didn't have that at all clear in your head, because the whole thing was pretend.

So, I'm feeling like Sweet is more likely than random to be Scum, as his scumhunt appears to be something he is pretending.
The sweet VS Balki grudge match is one of the most TvT things I’ve seen so far this game. Sweet has bad reasons and Balki is OMGUSing.
TvT can have scum in this game.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1153 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:11 pm

Hi friends,

I am literally just posing the player list here. Just trying to remind myself, and us, how many players there are to sort:

Balki
Brainbomb
Chaqa
Damo666
Dargorygel
Diplomacy&Warfare
DrFidelis
Foodcoats
Ghug
Hamilton Brian
Kakarroto
KingofthePirates
JustAGuyNamedWill
ND
Rdrivera2005
Snowy801
Sweetandcool
Vecna
Worcej

7 scum is a lot! 12 Town. 7 Scum. This thread doesn't feel great to me right now, and I think the sheer number of bad guys is a part of that.

Trying to come up with a list of people I definitely don't want to flip today:

ghug - insightful, likely to be resolved with night actions, and I would just miss him too much
JustAGuyNamedWill - I'm getting the impression from others that his prickly-ness is NAI, but it still feels risk-seeking in a way I associate more with Town, so I am not eager to flip here.
foodcoats - just feeling no hesitation from this slot in sharing a strong take in a way I associate with Town sharing sincere reactions.

I think....that's it.

You guys can be #towncore.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1154 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:48 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:51 am
I want to vote sweet but we really need to take out the trash first.
This moment did strike me as supremely strange to say. there was at one time a wagon on ND, and it seems to have totally vanished. Chaqa, Fidelis and ghug were all voting ND at one point and I dont remember seeing anything from ND that moved everyone away. I asked Fidelis why he was voting here and he moved to damo instead.

This could be ghug bussing sweet, seeing it as inevitable sweet is going down. or ghug on an opposing mafia team to sweet. At the time ghug voted here he had a progression on sweet that was building. Im not completely sure on why it was building however
I would legitimately be happier if ND died today despite what's pretty much a null read. Suspect if you want, but that's where I am.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1155 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:11 pm

Vecna am I easy to pocket

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1156 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:11 pm
Hi friends,

I am literally just posing the player list here. Just trying to remind myself, and us, how many players there are to sort:

Balki
Brainbomb
Chaqa
Damo666
Dargorygel
Diplomacy&Warfare
DrFidelis
Foodcoats
Ghug
Hamilton Brian
Kakarroto
KingofthePirates
JustAGuyNamedWill
ND
Rdrivera2005
Snowy801
Sweetandcool
Vecna
Worcej

7 scum is a lot! 12 Town. 7 Scum. This thread doesn't feel great to me right now, and I think the sheer number of bad guys is a part of that.

Trying to come up with a list of people I definitely don't want to flip today:

ghug - insightful, likely to be resolved with night actions, and I would just miss him too much
JustAGuyNamedWill - I'm getting the impression from others that his prickly-ness is NAI, but it still feels risk-seeking in a way I associate more with Town, so I am not eager to flip here.
foodcoats - just feeling no hesitation from this slot in sharing a strong take in a way I associate with Town sharing sincere reactions.

I think....that's it.

You guys can be #towncore.
Aw so sweet my first towncore :)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1157 Post by ghug » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:51 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:48 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:51 am
I want to vote sweet but we really need to take out the trash first.
This moment did strike me as supremely strange to say. there was at one time a wagon on ND, and it seems to have totally vanished. Chaqa, Fidelis and ghug were all voting ND at one point and I dont remember seeing anything from ND that moved everyone away. I asked Fidelis why he was voting here and he moved to damo instead.

This could be ghug bussing sweet, seeing it as inevitable sweet is going down. or ghug on an opposing mafia team to sweet. At the time ghug voted here he had a progression on sweet that was building. Im not completely sure on why it was building however
He also quoted my “this is a bad take” post

Which is strange
I quoted a VT claim that sweet made while quoting you.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1158 Post by dargorygel » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:05 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:51 pm
my scumreads are evolved now, and heres what I think:

Sweet
Will
damo
one of kak or vecna
hamilton
rdrivera
fidelis
Sweet and will I agree. Seems like some of the rest of your list is for non-involvement? Or did I miss something...

I don't see damo as doing anything town or scum. Nor ham. Nor fid. Rdr I am not sure. Haven't thought through him.

Thoughts on ghug?
well to be fair I have a real hard time believing that you could have context on any of those players, nor do I feel like filling you in on each and every one of them would be a useful way to spend my time this phase. but, yea ghug I am coming around on a bit more and hes not scum to me presently. the rest of my list is there for reasons that have been previously documented and stated. they are a litany of reasons. damo and rivera I have talked about pretty significantly for why they seem like scum here.
Trying to decide if you are being patronizing... but thanks.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1159 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Edit: Add brainbomb to my #towncore for now. At the very least, brainbomb, your overall mafia game (whether town or wolf here) seems much improved. I dig it.

Kakarroto

#1160 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:47 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:46 pm
In what way does it rub you?
Unsubscribe
wait, ghug not liking rubbing? That's a maftell if I've seen one! :razz: