Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3481 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 19, 2024 10:23 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 8:04 pm
Good game ya'll!

I am very busy right now, so if a CC battle erupts, don't hammer (unless you hammer Pirate).

I scanned guilty on Pirate.
No.

I won't comply.

Are you explicitly claiming Cop? Yes or no?

If you are, talk us through:
(a) All your scan decisions,
(b) Your reactions,
(c) Your scumread on Pirate, who you have not scanned.
Jamiet, you're lucky I'm still playing this game.

I am busy. I will answer when I can. I only asked you to not hammer the day away before I can talk.

Yes.
Bozo tried to hammer the day on two totally seperate occasions yesterday.

Why don't you scumread him??
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#3482 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 19, 2024 10:24 pm

##Vote Bozo
##End

It's fucking Bozo. I bet a pizza.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

sweetandcool

#3483 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm

My "schedule" just opened up unexpectedly for enough time for me to reply properly.

1. I am the Clerk.
2. List of scans: Food Town, Vecna Mafia, Dip Mafia, Bona Town, Balki Mafia, Roleblock, Pirate Mafia.
3. My "crumbs" we're using assertive language about someone having to be Town/Mafia. If I had a read I would make sure to say something is likely or even possibly highly likely, but never definitely.

Shockingly Pirate was fooled by the charade and didn't NK me. I don't know who they RB. I did get a scan.

Funny enough, I strongly scumread Vecna and rdr/Dip, which was why I scanned them. And sure enough, I was correct.

It was clear Balki was sheeping my reads when he claimed. I don't know if he thought I town scanned Pirate at the time, but he at least knew it was what I thought about Pirate at the time.

Jamiet99uk

#3484 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm
My "schedule" just opened up unexpectedly for enough time for me to reply properly.

1. I am the Clerk.
2. List of scans: Food Town, Vecna Mafia, Dip Mafia, Bona Town, Balki Mafia, Roleblock, Pirate Mafia.
3. My "crumbs" we're using assertive language about someone having to be Town/Mafia. If I had a read I would make sure to say something is likely or even possibly highly likely, but never definitely.

Shockingly Pirate was fooled by the charade and didn't NK me. I don't know who they RB. I did get a scan.

Funny enough, I strongly scumread Vecna and rdr/Dip, which was why I scanned them. And sure enough, I was correct.

It was clear Balki was sheeping my reads when he claimed. I don't know if he thought I town scanned Pirate at the time, but he at least knew it was what I thought about Pirate at the time.
So

Either you're correct, or you're a liar who has won with one of the best scum plays ever.

I see.

Goodnight.

bozotheclown

#3485 Post by bozotheclown » Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 pm

sweetandcool wrote:

1. I am the Clerk.

Great game, sorry for not catching on to what you were doing earlier.

sweetandcool

#3486 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

1. I am the Clerk.

As Bona was my Town scan, I've been trying to prod him to continue the role swapping that Bunny and Balki did. I think he might have caught on and so that was why he was so silent last phase.

sweetandcool

#3487 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:34 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

1. I am the Clerk.

So

Either you're correct, or you're a liar who has won with one of the best scum plays ever.

I see.

Goodnight.
This is an accurate assessment.

I promise if I am really Clerk I am not lying about the guilty scan as some sort of gambit.

You just need to assess whether I am Clerk or Mafia, I suppose.

sweetandcool

#3488 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 10:46 pm

Back to being busy for another hour or so. But it should be easy to look through my ISO vs Pirate's, since nobody else is going to CC me.

I doubt Pirate has posted much that could plausibly look like a crumb scan. If you believe that Pirate is Clerk you would pretty much have to believe he kept his scans completely to himself, AND had the restraint not to CC.

Or that he totally forgot to submit scans each night :P

bozotheclown

#3489 Post by bozotheclown » Sun May 19, 2024 10:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

1. I am the Clerk.

As Bona was my Town scan, I've been trying to prod him to continue the role swapping that Bunny and Balki did. I think he might have caught on and so that was why he was so silent last phase.
Looking back we should have given more consideration to Balki and BunnyGo hypo-scanning Hamilton as town.

sweetandcool

#3490 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 10:49 pm

Whereas, you will find my list to very well match my reads, which I stated quite clearly and frequently throughout the game.

I think damo killing Food before I could crumb was fortunate. I think it threw Mafia off my trail. Ironically, I think my sarcastic hypo scans helped as well. And obviously our Town MVPs, Bunny and Balki.

Bye for now!

sweetandcool

#3491 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:27 pm

Actually, looks like it is nap time so I am back.

I really think it's pretty impossible to believe I'm not Clerk with guilty scan at this point. But I suppose I have a long ISO for you all to go through.

I assume this game will be prolonged for another 12 or so hours, by virtue of Jamiet being on British Time and being asleep.

Jamiet99uk

#3492 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 19, 2024 11:32 pm

Just to be clear:

You claim Cop.
You claim a guilty on KOTP.

Yes?

sweetandcool

#3493 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:32 pm
Just to be clear:

You claim Cop.
You claim a guilty on KOTP.

Yes?
Yes. And I promise you this is not some play where I am pretending to have a guilty scan in order to get you to vote my preference.

I really have a guilty scan on King.

So like you said earlier, I am either telling the truth or Mafia.

sweetandcool

#3494 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 pm

Outrage over my Town scan getting killed D2:
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 pm
GM Note:
Suddenly, a swarm of bees comes out of nowhere and sting someone to death!

"No you fool! Not the bees! They're MY BEES!"

Foodcoats has died! He was the Beekeeper!
Now this is pathetic.

Who thought it was a good idea to sic the bees on Food?

And who did Food think was trustworthy enough to send the bees to?

I can only think of two different conclusions, one of which involves Food sending them to the Mafia.

sweetandcool

#3495 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:40 pm

Referenced the night, plopped Vecna as top scumread, made special note about being very confident about Vecna and how I was definitely accurate. This is D3.
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 8:37 pm
During the night I actually used the GT to organize my thoughts, which I normally kind of do in thread. This is what I came up with:

Scum:

Vecna
LoW
Bozo
rdr

Scum Lean:

Ham

Null:

Bunny
worcej
Balki

Town lean:

Damo

Town:

Pirate
Bona
ghug (RIP)
Jamiet* (only because of the RB)
----------------------------------------------------------

I am very confident that Vecna is scum. Vecna knows when I am town and yet despite being town he thinks I am Mafia. Not a compelling case and yet an accurate one.

LoW and Bozo make sense as the last two, but it's a good explanation for Bozo's EoD.

rdr is a bit of a wild card and doesn't feel like he fits with the team.

Null players I have essentially not thought of the entire game.

sweetandcool

#3496 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:42 pm

My most obvious scan. Who has epiphanies specifically at night? The Clerk! "I think he must be scum". Admittedly, I should have left off the "I think", since it is less definite sounding. This is D4.
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:42 pm
Lastly,

I did have one epiphany during night, one wondrous nugget.

This game was notable in that rdr pocketed me. I don't think that has ever happened and is a bit suspicious.

On top of that, before I got sidetracked by thinking the team was Vecna, LoW, Bozo, rdr was also listed as a top candidate.

Now I literally forgot why that was the case, but now that I have access to the bot I will review him because:

When Dip took over for rdr, he quickly assessed the situation and "correctly" decided to vote LoW. I think for a new player joining, psychologically speaking, it would have been very likely to place the traditional vote against the fake claimer Ham, rather than parse the arguments against it.

Particularly, if Dip was filling a scum slot, then regardless of Ham's alignment of course he would support the LoW wagon.

I think he must be scum. I will review his slot and see what fruit it bears.

PS, while I think the Ham wagon is a mistake, I will recognize that since Town allowed Ham to survive one more day despite wanting him gone, it's only fair for me to "return the favour", so to speak.

##VOTE Ham

sweetandcool

#3497 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:45 pm

D4
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:10 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:41 pm
Who asserted sweet was openwolfing on D1 or D2? does anyone else remember that?
Scum Vecna

sweetandcool

#3498 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:46 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:29 pm
I think I've just solved the game.

The reason everything has become so difficult and several good arguments have arisen is that scum is lurking and/or voting low impact content.

The scum team is Dip, Vecna, and Ham.

Small chance I am wrong about Ham. But he looks partnered with Dip.
Notice I acknowledge I could be wrong about Ham. Indicating a read but not an actual scan.

sweetandcool

#3499 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 pm

D4
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:51 pm
DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:47 pm
Updated reads list:

Strong town:
Jamiet
Ham

Weak town:
Balki
worcej

Weak scum:
Sweet
BunnyGo

Strong scum:
Vecna

Null:
Everyone else

I suspect Sweet and Bunny on a scumteam together, but they are my weaker scumreads anyways.

For now I will:
##VOTE VECNA
:sick: reads list

But I'm glad you've decided to bus your teammate.

##VOTE Vecna

sweetandcool

#3500 Post by sweetandcool » Sun May 19, 2024 11:48 pm

Again, I specially note that I am not sure about any Town. That is because I have no Town scans. Acknowledged I might be wrong about Ham.
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm
Town:

Jamiet: The RB and swearing at Pirate (though maybe that's actually NAI)
Bona: I don't think he bussed, felt Town vs Will.
Pirate: I don't think he would bus unprovoked like that.
Ham?????????????

Null:
Worcej
Balki

Scum lean:
Bozo: Still feel like D2 voting behavior was scum motivated.
Bunny: basically a WIFOM
Sparta: Mainly PoE and his main contribution is meta analysis. I kind of want him to be Town, but I kind of think he could be scum.

Scum:

Vecna
Dip
Ham??????
----------------------------------------
I've already commented extensively on the scumteam. I might be wrong about Ham which means I'm wrong about someone, probably null or below.

I feel okay about my reasons for Towning players, but honestly I am not completely sure about any of them.