Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.

bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#3442 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 7:52 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 pm
Remaining scum predictions:

Vecna: Hamilton sweetandcool worcej
ghug: bozo Hamilton rdrivera
bozo: Bonatogether rdrivera worcej
sweetandcool: Vecna rdrivera LoW
Jamie: LoW bozo damo/rdrivera/sweetandcool
Spartaculous: rdrivera LoW Bonatogether
Hamilton: Vecna damo LoW
LoW: sweetandcool Jamie BunnyGo
oof, lotta things happened since last night, I'm honestly pretty lost rn... but I see something to do, so here's mine

LoW, then 2 of rdr/ham/vecna/damo. slight lean towards damo as 1 over everyone else, but nothing significant. slight lean against rdr, but similarly nothing significant. spartaculous's analysis wayyy earlier pushed them off my scum radar.

I don't have any other reasons to add, reasons that other ppl have mentioned have convinced me. Still super tired, but open to discussion.
I think this is the first post where you mentioned Vecna, and you had previously been town reading rdrivera. Why did you include them in your top 5 mafia prediction at the time?

bozotheclown

#3443 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 7:58 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 3:15 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 3:13 pm
Testing done for now, anything major I missed? If not I’ll take my time catching up and nothing anything at finds my attention.
Not really, mainly discussion re Ham and why we've had no RB claim.
Gotcha. No RB is really weird, scum is either up to something super devious, or they messed up hard, or they’re pretty stupid for not using the RB. Regarding ham, I ve thought it over slightly and am currently considering swapping my vote over there. The reasoning is starting to bug me ngl. Not the best vibes.
Why do you think the mafia did not use the RB N2? Did you consider the possibility that the player RBed did not claim it?

Jamiet99uk

#3444 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:57 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 pm
Well if nothing else is going to be revealed, ##Vote Bozotheclown
I'd like to hear a more comprehensive case from you about Bozo.
1. He has never been on a top wagon.

2. His absolute insistence, for days and days, that Bona and Sweet must both be scum, looks like an attempt to get at least one of them miskilled.

3. His endvoting shenanigans at two separate times today.

4. His rapid vote-moving on D3 contributed to the Vecna wagon evaporating (see my post on page 93 about this).

5. Also on D3 he voted Hamilton Brian at a key period, despite moments earlier not having listed HB in his top three scumreads.

6. Both Balki and BunnyGo scumread Bozo at least up to D4 and they have generally been among the best performing townies in this game (while alive).

More points of suspicion if I can go back and check more things, but that's plenty to chew on.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#3445 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 18, 2024 9:52 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:59 am
##CALL GM

Who am I currently voting?
You could clarify this yourself by re-casting your vote instead of bothering the GM.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#3446 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 am

It happens I noticed this post again while looking back over Bozo's play:
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:57 am
Balki Bartokomous
kingofthepirates
Rdrivera2005
Bonatogether
Bozotheclown
Spartaculous
BunnyGo
Jamiet99uk
damo666
Lord of Words
ghug
Vecna

The above group is probably all town, in no particular order

Leaving a very easy poe:
Hamilton Brian
Sweetandcool
worcej
Would scum Vecna list three town as his "very easy poe"?

Or would he include one scum there?

Jamiet99uk

#3447 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 18, 2024 10:55 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

2. His absolute insistence, for days and days, that Bona and Sweet must both be scum, looks like an attempt to get at least one of them miskilled.

4. His rapid vote-moving on D3 contributed to the Vecna wagon evaporating (see my post on page 93 about this).

5. Also on D3 he voted Hamilton Brian at a key period, despite moments earlier not having listed HB in his top three scumreads.

6. Both Balki and BunnyGo scumread Bozo at least up to D4 and they have generally been among the best performing townies in this game (while alive).

More points of suspicion if I can go back and check more things, but that's plenty to chew on.
Correction to (1):

He has never been on a top wagon _on a day not driven by mechanical guilty scans_.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3448 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 18, 2024 12:30 pm

I'll join you there jamie, one part self-preservation and one part it's likely a wasgon won't really form on king or anyone else.

##Vote bozo

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3449 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

I also think a flash END will be in poor form since this might be the day cop does need to claim. I take the bullet it's going to be 4-1 and town need to be able make the right decision D8.

sweetandcool

#3450 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 4:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 10:55 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Correction to (1):

He has never been on a top wagon _on a day not driven by mechanical guilty scans_.
What do you call D2 when he tied for top wagon?

sweetandcool

#3451 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 4:38 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I read your post and am struggling to find where you explained how Bozo's rapidfire votes contributed to Vecna's wagon dissolving.

Thanks for providing a case.

bozotheclown

#3452 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 4:40 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

For number 4, you are talking abut D2, and if you look at the vote movements away from Vecna, Hamilton posted this before anyone moved their vote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm
Based on what I saw on D1, wrt Will's assessment of them as scum, I think Bozo and Bona are clear, unless there was the attempt to send them deep.

And then this piece that I pulled from Will's D1: "Some distancing from Worcej from what I read and some shading of Vecna. Does this cast a dark light on Worcej and help Vecna look a little cleaner?"

I am going to reassess my Vecna stance.
Then, Hamilton posted this as soon as damo moved his vote to me:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:49 pm
##Vote worcej

It's the light/dark thing with Vecna based on my read of Will
The only way I contributed to preventing a Vecna DK was inadvertently getting damo to vote for me.

sweetandcool

#3453 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 4:45 pm

I think if you flipped Bozo and Vecna, ghug's long D2 readslist would have been 100% correct.

Mafia fear killed ghug over the obvious candidate for Cop, Sparta (or damo), which indicates ghug almost had it completely right.

In fact, with so many flips we can see that ghug only made one mistake, and that was with Vecna/Bozo

(Or Vecna/Ham).

So if we just flip those two it seems we win.

I want to flip Ham first. There have been plenty of low engagement games by Gam where he knows he will be busy and he has never done this crumb before.

He also supported the counter wagon against Will at a time Mafia would likely be able to. He also fits the profile of the scumteam.

Are we really supposing Bozo would fail so badly as to not hit the Clerk by now? I feel like it's something Bozo would be better at.

bozotheclown

#3454 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 4:52 pm

I would have preferred kingofthepirates to be more involved today, but I still would like to find out about Hamilton first.

I can see Hamilton using fake cop crumbs to try to draw a NK, but I would not expect him to claim at EOD to avoid the DK as town. Although it is possible, Hamilton then immediately reassessing his scum read of Vecna is too much to ignore.

I suspect Hamilton soft claimed when he saw he was getting votes, then realized that his claim could result in Vecna getting DKed, so he looked for a way to justify moving his vote, quoting his own post from early D2 as a reason. He did not explain why he ignored his earlier D2 post when he voted for Vecna at a time Vecna was the top wagon.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3455 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 18, 2024 4:56 pm

Great narratives of what it is presumed I did BUT wrong.

Anyway, just in case King comes in and lands a vote on bozo, I don't want a tie.

##VOTE No-Kill

Just make sure you know who your next mafiaread is.

bozotheclown

#3456 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 4:57 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:45 pm
I think if you flipped Bozo and Vecna, ghug's long D2 readslist would have been 100% correct.

Mafia fear killed ghug over the obvious candidate for Cop, Sparta (or damo), which indicates ghug almost had it completely right.

In fact, with so many flips we can see that ghug only made one mistake, and that was with Vecna/Bozo

(Or Vecna/Ham).

I want to flip Ham first. There have been plenty of low engagement games by Gam where he knows he will be busy and he has never done this crumb before.

He also supported the counter wagon against Will at a time Mafia would likely be able to. He also fits the profile of the scumteam.

Are we really supposing Bozo would fail so badly as to not hit the Clerk by now? I feel like it's something Bozo would be better at.
I tried to make it clear as I could D5 (without being too obvious to the mafia) that I knew BunnyGo and Balki were not the cop, so to think I NKed BunnyGo, RBed Balki, and let the cop get another scan, I would have had to be risking another cop scan to make myself look more like town.

sweetandcool

#3457 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:57 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

(Or Vecna/Ham).

I tried to make it clear as I could D5 (without being too obvious to the mafia) that I knew BunnyGo and Balki were not the cop, so to think I NKed BunnyGo, RBed Balki, and let the cop get another scan, I would have had to be risking another cop scan to make myself look more like town.
Sources please :-D

Convince the jury.

bozotheclown

#3458 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 5:01 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:59 am
##CALL GM

Who am I currently voting?
Since we are not getting a ruling on this, I suggest re-voting for Hamilton if that is your intended vote.

bozotheclown

#3459 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 5:04 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:57 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

(Or Vecna/Ham).

Sources please :-D

Convince the jury.
Everything I posted from this post until EOD:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:30 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:24 pm
It may be possible that Vecna is the miller, but I doubt he is town at this point.

With the bot available again I have been able to review the game, and with the assumption that Vecna is town, I now think rdrivera and kingofthepirates are the most likely D1 bussers.
What changed your mind about Sweet?
After reviewing everything, DiplomacyandWarfare and kingofthepirates seem more likely to be mafia to me, which would be somewhat disappointing, because that would mean the mafia team was not very active after D1.

bozotheclown

#3460 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 18, 2024 5:06 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 4:56 pm
Great narratives of what it is presumed I did BUT wrong.

Anyway, just in case King comes in and lands a vote on bozo, I don't want a tie.

##VOTE No-Kill

Just make sure you know who your next mafiaread is.
Sorry if I am wrong. If you are town, it was a good attempt at drawing the NK, and if you are mafia, it was as good attempt at forcing the cop to reveal.