Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1541 Post by Vecna » Sat May 04, 2024 12:15 pm

what part of that readslist do you disagree with Bona?

Jamiet99uk

#1542 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 12:23 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:51 am

what's the scum explanation for that, though? beyond just being disturbing
The scum explanation is that the list was fake and he sloppily failed to check if it was still up to date.
if it's fake, why wasn't it dropped at EoN?
Posting at Night is not allowed.
Plus, he wasn't here.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#1543 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 12:24 pm

We used to have another Lord. What was he called?

LordQuas, that was it. I wonder where he went.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Lord of Words

#1544 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:33 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:28 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 11:45 pm
Seriously, here is a player who has told us that he is an experienced Mafia player on other forums.

He has not indicated that he has any problems logging in or posting.

Most of his posts, it remains, are about promising to post in the future, which he continues to avoid doing.

VOTE HIM PLEASE
With respect, if I was scum, life happens, but wouldn't it be weird for me to miss a vote, especially one where my alleged teammate was on the chopping block? And conspicuously being absent wouldn't accrue to my benefit either.
So, why did you forget to vote?

(Maybe a later post will answer this, I'm just reading...)
Well, the campus where I was consulting had an emergency, so that pretty much absorbed a lot of my time and is reason I was subsequently working from home with increased workload.

damo666

#1545 Post by damo666 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:39 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:14 pm
guys the obvious busser on will is sweet. will and i had been going at it for hours, and he's been given way too much credit for being the first vote. i registered in the thread at the time that i thought i was getting onto a wagon with a scum member on it bussing, and i just don't see how it doesn't work out to be either me or sweet as the earliest bus, from an outside pov
So you moved from sweet to join him on Will although you continued to scumread sweet.

So presumably you either had doubts about sweet or you thought Will was GF. What do you think was sweet's motive for bussing the GF?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1546 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:45 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:00 am

That's an awful lot of town reads.

Could you tell me more about your opinion on Food and damo's connection?
That reads list is so fake. ##vote lordofwords
the guy was unaware that the target of the NK has subbed out.

Do you really think that was faked?

Because that is generally what you actually call a real townslip.
I could agree with that if he wasn´t openly lying. He said he read the thread 3 times but it was true only if he read until page 25 when Brain subbed in as he included Dr. Fidelis and ignored Brain. But then he discussed the voting at EOD1, which either indicates he read until EOD1 at least or that he is using the bot (which he also said he isnt´t).

Then he tells he posted the wrong version of the file after checking it, but can´t bother to post the right version because "it´s too late". Another obvious lie, cause if you check you have the right version. I know a town can lie, but can´t see any reason to justify this other then panicking and I wonder why a VT will be panicking at this point.

Lord of Words

#1547 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 12:52 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:45 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 am

That reads list is so fake. ##vote lordofwords
the guy was unaware that the target of the NK has subbed out.

Do you really think that was faked?

Because that is generally what you actually call a real townslip.
I could agree with that if he wasn´t openly lying. He said he read the thread 3 times but it was true only if he read until page 25 when Brain subbed in as he included Dr. Fidelis and ignored Brain. But then he discussed the voting at EOD1, which either indicates he read until EOD1 at least or that he is using the bot (which he also said he isnt´t).

Then he tells he posted the wrong version of the file after checking it, but can´t bother to post the right version because "it´s too late". Another obvious lie, cause if you check you have the right version. I know a town can lie, but can´t see any reason to justify this other then panicking and I wonder why a VT will be panicking at this point.
I'm not panicking, but I would like to get this wagon off me and play through the game. I can guarantee that an absence and mistake are not a scum strategy, whereas powerwolfing is.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1548 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 pm
I find it interesting that HB is feigning to not have a clue about what is going on this game, yet he feels he can make a judgement call on whether SweetNcool is powerwolfing.
I didn't initiate it; just reflecting on someone else's idea. Why that particular piece? This is you trying your best to generate the miskill of me?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1549 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:14 pm
guys the obvious busser on will is sweet. will and i had been going at it for hours, and he's been given way too much credit for being the first vote. i registered in the thread at the time that i thought i was getting onto a wagon with a scum member on it bussing, and i just don't see how it doesn't work out to be either me or sweet as the earliest bus, from an outside pov
Aside from the idea I have that I "think" sweet is ok, it's also not like mafia wouldn't get an early bus vote on. Why wouldn't sweet have moved if Will was in trouble? I haven't looked at the EOD to see that particular timeline.

Lord of Words

#1550 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 pm

I'm also going to reiterate that I partially went off Will's own reads list, so I don't think way off base here with Sweet and my other scum reads.

Spartaculous

#1551 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 1:10 pm

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 pm
I'm also going to reiterate that I partially went off Will's own reads list, so I don't think way off base here with Sweet and my other scum reads.
Why would you trust the dead godfather's reads at all?

damo666

#1552 Post by damo666 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:10 pm
Lord of Words wrote:
I think he means he using that as a base taking into account Will is GF. This was apparent from his initial [out of date 'mistake'] readlist post.

Spartaculous

#1553 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 1:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:14 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:
I think he means he using that as a base taking into account Will is GF. This was apparent from his initial [out of date 'mistake'] readlist post.
Gotcha. I just woke up and I haven't had a chance yet to read anything since my long post last night, but this was the first thing I saw and it just sounded off to me. Okay, that makes more sense.

Lord of Words

#1554 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 1:19 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Lord of Words wrote:
Scum reads are often used to throw players off the scent off of the scum team, but they can be telling, especially if the scum player is expecting to be eliminated. In most games, Godfathers aren't the first to go; it was good that Will was caught as early as he was. So he may well have written that list with the intent of grandfathering the rest of his team in as town core or less suspicious leans ... which subsequently got scrambled by events on D1.

Spartaculous

#1555 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 1:36 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 am
Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:15 am

snip all the pretty pictures and statistics
This is quite a bit of nice work put in to that piece of data. What does it tell you about the space where the 2nd mafia generally joins?
The second Mafia generally joins not too long after the first. If there were, in fact, two Mafia on that wagon, kingofthepirates would be a reasonable choice to pair with either one of Bonatogether and rdrivera2005 (or it could be both of those together).

One might think that it would be easy for a Mafia player to jump on an already-full wagon right at the end for some easy town credibility (as in, a Mafia version of ghug, seeing Will is a goner, decides to join). Counterintuitively, that just doesn't seem to happen: only once did the last person to join happen to be Mafia.

Spartaculous

#1556 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 1:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:21 am
I'm coming round to the unexpected busser theory but who?
I really think that some effort should be put into the idea that rdrivera2005 was a busser.

I'm reading through what people think of him, and of the people that actually bother to read him, everyone goes for a town-ish read of him.
If he is, in fact, Mafia, he is doing an excellent job of laying low and staying out of people's crosshairs.

You obviously have played with him a lot more than I have, and so know his playstyle well, but for this community, it seems like having a Mafia busser that early on a wagon is relatively common.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1557 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:52 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:36 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 am
Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:15 am

snip all the pretty pictures and statistics
This is quite a bit of nice work put in to that piece of data. What does it tell you about the space where the 2nd mafia generally joins?
The second Mafia generally joins not too long after the first. If there were, in fact, two Mafia on that wagon, kingofthepirates would be a reasonable choice to pair with either one of Bonatogether and rdrivera2005 (or it could be both of those together).

One might think that it would be easy for a Mafia player to jump on an already-full wagon right at the end for some easy town credibility (as in, a Mafia version of ghug, seeing Will is a goner, decides to join). Counterintuitively, that just doesn't seem to happen: only once did the last person to join happen to be Mafia.
I liked the work you put on this, but I don´t like how you are using this to only focus on the statistical side of this and not the actual game. There were games with heavy bussing (3 out of 4 on M84, and with no-bussing, like M56 with 5 scum voting outside).
Mafia usually buss for a reason: to detach from a partner, to get town credit with a flip, etc. This game I fail to see a reason for Bona and Sweet to push a buss on the GF the way both did. You can say that the other voters like me and the last minute ones could be bussing and it´s a fair take, but you need to consider people motivations and not only statistics.

damo666

#1558 Post by damo666 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:55 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:48 pm
damo666 wrote:
I really think that some effort should be put into the idea that rdrivera2005 was a busser.

I'm reading through what people think of him, and of the people that actually bother to read him, everyone goes for a town-ish read of him.
If he is, in fact, Mafia, he is doing an excellent job of laying low and staying out of people's crosshairs.

You obviously have played with him a lot more than I have, and so know his playstyle well, but for this community, it seems like having a Mafia busser that early on a wagon is relatively common.
rdr put Will joint in the lead with me with 25 minutes to go, an unlikely bus. I think sweet or Bona more likely although I townread both.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1559 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:48 pm
damo666 wrote:

Cross post. Well, go ahead and push me. Stop asking the other to do your job. You are just shading me and I don´t even fit your stats that well because I wasn´t and early vote.

Bonatogether

#1560 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 04, 2024 1:58 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:15 pm
what part of that readslist do you disagree with Bona?
it's just a lot of townreads