Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#501 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 4:12 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:06 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:53 am

Is this all you have to say about it
I think it's better if we saw nothing more about it.

Now Will, please, talk about something, someone. Even Bona. What's burning in that noggin of yours?
Now i dont have any proof for this but Bona seems to be doing his ‘too cool for mafia routine’. I dont know who said it or when (maybe it was during his MU champs game or maybe brain) but people have said this is a telltale sign of scum bona.

Now its just a theory but i think im onto something

Plus he hasn’t significantly contributed even tho his post count is relatively high, so theres another thing
Ive tunneled on Bona for this exact reason a bunch of times. I was correct in it only once.

He does that stuff as both alignments and its actually really hard to tell the two apart.

brainbomb

#502 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm

I dont agree, and its really alot like having ants in the pants to have to sit back, with opinions and not be able to voice them. But I wasnt part of the game so alas, I had to just wonder to myself.

I agree Balki is possibly town, but it has been mentioned hes been oddly performative which is more his scumgame. Also, the vote by sweet on Balki, and the reactions it garnered make me think "what if town sweet just got it right that easily, and scum got really annoyed by that"?

Vecna

#503 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:09 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:09 pm

Ghug might be your friend, but how convinced are you that he is definitely your team mate?

(Or, did the GM already tell you that?)
I think this is the most compelling post I've read all game.
This is such a strange re-entry to the game.

Why this (imo very mediocre) post of all things to comment on out of the blue? And to be of such high praise?

Jamiet99uk

#504 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:04 pm
I dont have four big names but I am pretty content that ghug-pirates-spartaculous are all mafia here.

if you forced me to name a fourth, id say one of balki-food-jamie, as I dont think all three of them can all be town here.

Also, just a question about that initial moment where sweet votes Balki, and then end hammers.

that seems to draw a ton of attention onto sweet. Jamie describes this as anti town, but why was there never a single iota of consideration that it might have actually been an accurate decision>?
Because he assigned his vote by asking someone else to pick a random number, not because he scumread Balki. As you have read the thread fully, you would have noticed this.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

brainbomb

#505 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 4:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I dont have four big names but I am pretty content that ghug-pirates-spartaculous are all mafia here.

if you forced me to name a fourth, id say one of balki-food-jamie, as I dont think all three of them can all be town here.

Also, just a question about that initial moment where sweet votes Balki, and then end hammers.

that seems to draw a ton of attention onto sweet. Jamie describes this as anti town, but why was there never a single iota of consideration that it might have actually been an accurate decision>?
Because he assigned his vote by asking someone else to pick a random number, not because he scumread Balki. As you have read the thread fully, you would have noticed this.

I did not notice this, but the randomness can still be accurate by accident yes?

Jamiet99uk

#506 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 4:14 pm

Vecna wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Ghug might be your friend, but how convinced are you that he is definitely your team mate?

This is such a strange re-entry to the game.

Why this (imo very mediocre) post of all things to comment on out of the blue? And to be of such high praise?
I'd actually like Hamilton to answer this, too.

I don't even think it was the most interesting post I had made, on that page.

Jamiet99uk

#507 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 01, 2024 4:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

I did not notice this, but the randomness can still be accurate by accident yes?
In theory, but the act of (a) random voting, and (b) endvoting, and (c) declaring that he would not post again, did not come across as towny.

brainbomb

#508 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 4:18 pm

Please dont conflate fully reading the game and following along as a spectator to mean that I digested every micro detail of every nuance of every read. I saw sweet made a big splash very early by end hammering on Balki and I read the reactions, and there was certainly some things worth talking about there.

Worcejs statement about "we always just go for this guy" (wrt to sweet)

Your proclamations that it was anti town to anchor vote, hammer and leave the thread. I had many thoughts on that. For a while I thought wow, Jamie got him. Then for a while I thought, this is just jamie bussing sweet. Then eventually I thought, wait, what if Jamie was defending scum buddy Balki by masking with all this bullshit some other narrative to suit his needs. And finally im at the idea of, Jamie isnt the centerpeice of the strangeness here. maybe sweet looks like shit there but it did make me think alot about the game as a whole, and made me wonder more about BALKI than it did about sweet. and this is still true now.

brainbomb

#509 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 4:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:16 pm

In theory, but the act of (a) random voting, and (b) endvoting, and (c) declaring that he would not post again, did not come across as towny.
To be clear I do not care about any of what you just said. I consider all of that to be completely meaningless data. Thats just webdip, and its not even compelling talking points about webdip.

Now, I fully trust that these are things you care about. In fact as both alignments you would care about them. But please, understand I dont find those actions scummy other than MAYBE he did it because last scum game he talked too much and wanted to coast. but thats as far as I got and I think sweet is alot more of a stoke the goat type as town, and this fits the bill of doing something reaction inducing and it did that.

brainbomb

#510 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 01, 2024 4:24 pm

In closing, Sparta is scum. Do not let Spart live long. LONG LIVE SPARTA = Bad Idea, Gerard Butler must die.

that is all I have for this phase. I have meetings the rest of the day, so bye fam.

The following people are town and youd be an idiot to eliminate them
bunnygo
bozo
bona
damo

If Balki is town also, then every player in this game whose name begins with a B is town. Suck on that ya fat mafia fucks

worcej

#511 Post by worcej » Wed May 01, 2024 4:26 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:32 pm
DrFidelis wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:14 pm
#CALL GM

May I replaced? I do not have the time anymore to be following a mafia game.
Town.

Incorrect analysis method - NAI imho

Lord of Words

#512 Post by Lord of Words » Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 11:17 am
Lord of Words wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 am
To start, I don't think Bona is scum; his behavior and comments seem too over the top on D1 for that.
That’s interesting. I’ve never played with bona before, but yeah, he feels like he’s playing… aggressively? I dunno if that’s the right word, but on vibes general tone he’s established a strong front. I feel such fearlessness is town leaning, but I’m not sure if a) bona is always like this, and/or b) it’s a facade/trick of scum.

Not fully caught up yet, I’ll drop some more thoughts later.
I'm new here and it's D1, so what I said isn't necessarily ironclad, but it would be a bold strategy for scum.

worcej

#513 Post by worcej » Wed May 01, 2024 4:27 pm

BB coming in hottttttt

worcej

#514 Post by worcej » Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:59 pm
##Vote spartaculous

This is mafia for sure.
Spartaculous wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:55 am
foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:28 am

Spartaculous, what made you choose damo666 for this first vote?
Ousting people who are not me from the game is, probabilistically speaking, a good decision for me. One of them is as good as another.
This statement does not provide any basis for how this person scumreads anyone else. Nor does it establish a town alignment.
##vote spartaculous

I'm impressed with how hot he's come into this. Worth me contributing to his read.

Vecna

#515 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 4:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:12 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:27 pm
I hate to make this read, but I am getting performative vibes from footcoats. On the other hand, he's the only one playing right now, and we need this rev of the engine to get going whether it is real or not.

So...I should just keep this feeling to myself.
I was just about to comment on this, and then I read this.

It feels like its very smooth, and not as messy as I like to think I remember foodcoats being.
Post 13:

Go back and skim food because I'd been wondering why I hadn't liked his posts; think Vecna's smooth description is interesting.

##vote food
potential mental note for later

worcej

#516 Post by worcej » Wed May 01, 2024 4:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Yes it could be accurate, but I'd think it would be foolish for us to assume scum would act annoyed by one vote and a hammer without a growing consensus yet.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#517 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 pm

Brain how fast you think you can post cap?

Vecna

#518 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 4:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:57 pm
@ghug, Vecna is treating me differently than he did last game. Please investigate and discuss.
Vecna is notably different than last game thus far. Why do you think he's treating you differently.
Its really puzzling to me how pretty much every game loads of people say this, then 10 pages later im suddenly their ironclad townread, and then I die.

Also, I had like a single 24h period of activity last game in which Balki wasnt really around since he was on a beach somewhere, where I solved pretty much the entire game 8-)

JustAGuyNamedWill

#519 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed May 01, 2024 4:41 pm

Oh wait hes gone nvm

Vecna

#520 Post by Vecna » Wed May 01, 2024 4:42 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Oh Ham no
hah, i know whats coming next