Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#1701 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:16 pm

low hanging fruit
newest of newbs
weakest of players at the game or at knowing all the various nuances

worcej

#1702 Post by worcej » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:19 pm

Just incase I miss EON due to my trip.

If I was a cop, I would scan snowy because I want to put some heat on him and make him melty.

brainbomb

#1703 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:19 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:31 pm
So what do people think of Dip already posting his Cop scan hypothetical? Surprised there has been no comment.
Ich verstehe nicht.
well let me explain
so here is a picture of a lizard, and this lizard is trying to hold back the water coming from the faucet, and doesnt understand what is happening. the lizard, is bewildered you might say.

Kakarroto

#1704 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:27 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:13 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:57 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:39 pm

This is nonsense
There's no way anyone saw Brian's vote on food as an angel on MMA action
well, I did. Maybe it's the aftereffects of my fever, maybe I'm just insane, but i sure as heck did read that into it
Please explain why
Brian stated that his reason for voting food was 'because he is town to null', and therefore 'can't be the mean machine'. He didn't vote a mafread, nor did he vote no-kill, he voted a slight town read of him.

Now that sparked quite the alarm bells with me, that is just bad logic, why would someone endanger a kinda townread of his, like voting him but not wanting others to vote him. That looked to me like distancing, or at least a bad attempt at distancing, plus with his reasoning 'not wanting to vote MMA' it just connected in my brain that he might just state the exact opposite of what he was trying to do, voting the mean machine, while also trying not to kill him with putting a 'town kinda' seal on him, while also kinda trying to distance him

snowy801

#1705 Post by snowy801 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:33 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:27 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:57 pm

well, I did. Maybe it's the aftereffects of my fever, maybe I'm just insane, but i sure as heck did read that into it
Please explain why
Brian stated that his reason for voting food was 'because he is town to null', and therefore 'can't be the mean machine'. He didn't vote a mafread, nor did he vote no-kill, he voted a slight town read of him.

Now that sparked quite the alarm bells with me, that is just bad logic, why would someone endanger a kinda townread of his, like voting him but not wanting others to vote him. That looked to me like distancing, or at least a bad attempt at distancing, plus with his reasoning 'not wanting to vote MMA' it just connected in my brain that he might just state the exact opposite of what he was trying to do, voting the mean machine, while also trying not to kill him with putting a 'town kinda' seal on him, while also kinda trying to distance him
So to be clear you believed at the time what might have been happening is that Brian, an Angel, voted for foodcoats, Mean Machine Angel, singularly and randomly to empower a night kill which will be subsequently revealed the night after?

And this was not a momentary confusion in the eod chaos, but a lasting impression that you would've taken in to the next day, had Brian not flipped?

sweetandcool

#1706 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:19 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Ich verstehe nicht.
well let me explain
so here is a picture of a lizard, and this lizard is trying to hold back the water coming from the faucet, and doesnt understand what is happening. the lizard, is bewildered you might say.
Oh okay, I thought it was washing its hands.

Kakarroto

#1707 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:33 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Please explain why

So to be clear you believed at the time what might have been happening is that Brian, an Angel, voted for foodcoats, Mean Machine Angel, singularly and randomly to empower a night kill which will be subsequently revealed the night after?

And this was not a momentary confusion in the eod chaos, but a lasting impression that you would've taken in to the next day, had Brian not flipped?
with how Brian had played before, he was in my top two mafia suspects together with dargo, so yeah. Maybe I would've reconsidered the theory later, since I wasn't 100% sold on it, but it sure made a lot of sense to me

sweetandcool

#1708 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:41 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Please explain why

I actually thought similarly.

Up until then Ham was null. Then the Food vote not only looked like it could be for the MMA, but it was infuriating that the two clear wagons were sweet and damo and instead of engaging with that, he just left an insincere vote on Food.

Of course, the paranoia about the MMA is a bit silly in hindsight, but at the time it did make me think of that.

snowy801

#1709 Post by snowy801 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:41 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:

with how Brian had played before, he was in my top two mafia suspects together with dargo, so yeah. Maybe I would've reconsidered the theory later, since I wasn't 100% sold on it, but it sure made a lot of sense to me
Thank you Kaka.

You mentioned earlier that you think it is less likely now that food is the MMA. Did you mean less than you previously believed, or less than the default state (random)?

Also, having seen Brian's flip, you earlier questioned how brain on Brian garnered so many votes if damo is town and and sweet null. How do you feel about those two individuals yourself?

snowy801

#1710 Post by snowy801 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:45 pm

I of course mean to say "question brain on how Brian garnered..."

sweetandcool

#1711 Post by sweetandcool » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:57 pm

I'm curious, what do people think of Food?

Somehow he didn't make an impression on me even though apparently he was a high poster.

I've heard at least a couple people claim he is Town. Why is that?

Currently null for me, obviously.

Kakarroto

#1712 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

Thank you Kaka.

You mentioned earlier that you think it is less likely now that food is the MMA. Did you mean less than you previously believed, or less than the default state (random)?

Also, having seen Brian's flip, you earlier questioned how brain on Brian garnered so many votes if damo is town and and sweet null. How do you feel about those two individuals yourself?
with how nobody voted food after I went on him, I'm not sure if it's because everyone else townreads him or food is mafia and his team didn't want to vote for him ... although, if he is town, all mafia would know that. Hmm. I guess that is a point for food is town? At least a small point? And no mafia wanted to vote him there?

But back to the original question, I think food has a lower chance of being the machine right now, since we know all who voted for him were town, compared to all other wagons at EoD. Well beside Brian of course.

I would've said food is back to the default state, but maybe, with no one following to vote for food at the time, it's even less since it looks like he was town that no mafia wanted to dirty themselves on by voting him. Thoughts?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1713 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:04 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:59 pm
with how nobody voted food after I went on him, I'm not sure if it's because everyone else townreads him or food is mafia and his team didn't want to vote for him ... although, if he is town, all mafia would know that. Hmm. I guess that is a point for food is town? At least a small point? And no mafia wanted to vote him there?
What do you mean by the underlined statement?

ND

#1714 Post by ND » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm

Yawn I guess I probably should start reading 8-)

Kakarroto

#1715 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:10 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:04 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
I guess I made a mistake. Thinking about it again after you pointed it out, mafia only knows their group, not who town is. That was a mental fart. Welp, sorry. Can scratch the whole thought progress.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1716 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:11 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:14 pm
What is lhf
Low hanging fruit, basically an easy flip

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1717 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:10 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
I guess I made a mistake. Thinking about it again after you pointed it out, mafia only knows their group, not who town is. That was a mental fart. Welp, sorry. Can scratch the whole thought progress.
No problem. Can you try to recreate the thought process. I don't really follow it. Why were you suggesting that your vote on food, and the aftermath, suggested that food was a bit more likely to be town than had that not happened?

snowy801

#1718 Post by snowy801 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:12 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

Thank you Kaka.

But back to the original question, I think food has a lower chance of being the machine right now, since we know all who voted for him were town, compared to all other wagons at EoD. Well beside Brian of course.

I would've said food is back to the default state, but maybe, with no one following to vote for food at the time, it's even less since it looks like he was town that no mafia wanted to dirty themselves on by voting him. Thoughts?
I read food as town independent of EoD, and do not see a particular reason to change that. Regardless, it did not appear that your vote on food would gain any particular traction (at least in my interpretation) so I do not particularly subscribe to the idea that nobody jumping on him makes him more towny

Further I am unsure what you mean by all mafia knowing that food is town. Could you clarify?

I think it was Will earlier who voiced what I think is a very reasonable opinion that the angels probably don't even want MMA empowered right now. What do you think about that?

And also I repeat my request for opinions on damo and sweet

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1719 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:19 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Ich verstehe nicht.
well let me explain
He’s washing his hands :)

Vecna

#1720 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:18 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:10 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Kakarroto wrote:
This almost screams "please someone say i townslipped"