M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
aarodactyl

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#2201 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:28 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:25 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:23 pm
I do agree ghug seems a lot townier over the last day. That said, I’m a bit stubborn and he was the first person I thought was scum (I’m not sure if I posted that though).

I think damo is more sus to me than then ghug. I’m going to do a quick read of their iso.

For someone that knows damo better than me: would you expect damo to be active in partner chats?
So get on your main scumread lol.
It’s hard not to be stubborn though. Since this has literally happened with scum!ghug before. ##vote damo though.

sweetandcool

#2202 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:28 pm

worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:24 pm
##UNVOTE

I suddenly don't like the ghug wagon. Maybe Ezio, damo, or even worcej?

Can anyone remind me why worcej is getting a pass?

I'll come up with a new vote soon, I think.
I can only say people believe I am town is why I am getting a pass.

What explicitly they see, I don’t really know because if I did I would be much better as scum
Yeah, it kind of reminds me of my first game, M79, where I couldn't figure out why, but there was a consensus that Jamiet was Town, and that was correct.

You have been different than the last two games where everyone wanted you killed D1. Not that that makes you Mafia, but still it worries me that we're just trusting you.

Oh well, I think at the least it's silly to do anything with you for now, when we already have some strong suspects. Just something to watch out for in the endgame if you are still around.

worcej

#2203 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:29 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:26 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:22 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:20 pm
I’m typically pretty burnt out on Saturday but I’m going to try to spend some time looking back and seeing if I can substantiate any of the hunches I’m having.

Also I don’t really appreciate all the “is Aaro scum or just trash at mafia comments”. Though I guess I do deserve it for saying the same thing about Chaqa on D1.
who has said you’re trash?
I’m being reductive. To be more accurate, it was a lot of “is aaro scum or is he town and playing poorly?”

I’ve seen some of that from ghug and a lot of it from sweets. And then some from other people but got overheated yesterday and honestly did a lot of skimming and not close reading.
Being scum and being poor at trying to come off as town is not being trash in my eyes. It’s very hard to be genuine when you know everything you’re saying is a lie.

aarodactyl

#2204 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:27 pm
Chaqa wrote:
worcej wrote:
I would not expect damo to be active in partner chats. He is a typically low, bordeline game average volume poster imho
He's been relatively active in scum chats before, though those may have been in the QT days. I wish Bunny were here to remind me.
I distinguish partner chats separately from scum chats because of the uncertainty of the partner alignment
It’s also tricky because I think damo and I have basically opposite time zones. It was an unfortunate pairing but I’m surprised that hes basically said nothing in them.

sweetandcool

#2205 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:30 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
worcej wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:
I’m typically pretty burnt out on Saturday but I’m going to try to spend some time looking back and seeing if I can substantiate any of the hunches I’m having.

Also I don’t really appreciate all the “is Aaro scum or just trash at mafia comments”. Though I guess I do deserve it for saying the same thing about Chaqa on D1.
I’m being reductive. To be more accurate, it was a lot of “is aaro scum or is he town and playing poorly?”

I’ve seen some of that from ghug and a lot of it from sweets. And then some from other people but got overheated yesterday and honestly did a lot of skimming and not close reading.
Yeah, sorry. It's not accurate, it's just the best word I have to easily describe the phenomenon. I better way to put it is that you have been playing "poorly", and I'll try to add the quotes from now on.

sweetandcool

#2206 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:33 pm

##VOTE Ezio, just in case I miss EoD, which is a real possibility during the weekend.

sweetandcool

#2207 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:41 pm

I'm annoyed because I was thinking maybe we should put some pressure on damo. But aaro and Ezio starting that wagon stinks.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2208 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:44 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
worcej wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:

I'm only framing it that way because sweet is and I'm trying to convince him you're scum, not bad.

worcej

#2209 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:45 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:28 pm
worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
##UNVOTE

What explicitly they see, I don’t really know because if I did I would be much better as scum
Yeah, it kind of reminds me of my first game, M79, where I couldn't figure out why, but there was a consensus that Jamiet was Town, and that was correct.

You have been different than the last two games where everyone wanted you killed D1. Not that that makes you Mafia, but still it worries me that we're just trusting you.

Oh well, I think at the least it's silly to do anything with you for now, when we already have some strong suspects. Just something to watch out for in the endgame if you are still around.
Everyone wanted me dead on D1 last game because there was a belief that low activity worcej is my scum game. It was based on established meta so I understood it as a valid S1 flip

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2210 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:46 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:28 pm
worcej wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
##UNVOTE

He described it best himself when he said it's him being authentically him. When he's scum he's not as brazen and rambunctious, and while he's gotten a little better at faking it, he still doesn't do it over long periods.

sweetandcool

#2211 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:47 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:44 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
worcej wrote:

I'm only framing it that way because sweet is and I'm trying to convince him you're scum, not bad.
My problem with trusting you, ghug, is that I'm realizing that you are quite similar to President Eden, in the sense that you are very persuasive. So while some people are saying you are looking more town N1 and D2, I'm just paranoid you are slickly slipping out of being voted D2.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2212 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:49 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:47 pm
ghug wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:

My problem with trusting you, ghug, is that I'm realizing that you are quite similar to President Eden, in the sense that you are very persuasive. So while some people are saying you are looking more town N1 and D2, I'm just paranoid you are slickly slipping out of being voted D2.
What a horrible thing to say about a person.

sweetandcool

#2213 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:50 pm

Darn, I need to get off and probably won't post anything of substance in time for EoD. Will probably be able to at least tactically vote to drive the correct wagon.

I'm really worried that aaro is innocent, though maybe it's for the best to flip them anyways.

I hard prefer Ezio or ghug, but I might even join a damo wagon. But right now I don't like the leaders of that wagon.

aarodactyl

#2214 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:50 pm

ghug wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:
worcej wrote:

The implication of what you're saying is that if I'm town, that means I'm playing badly.

Just out of curiosity, could you name a few people that you think are playing well?

I'm still rereading damo, but also I'm looking at house, and also I'm super easily distractible.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2215 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:55 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:50 pm
ghug wrote:
aarodactyl wrote:

The implication of what you're saying is that if I'm town, that means I'm playing badly.

Just out of curiosity, could you name a few people that you think are playing well?

I'm still rereading damo, but also I'm looking at house, and also I'm super easily distractible.
I mean, yeah, I think you've been focused on the wrong things and you're still staunchly refusing to commit to reads. If you are town, that's not good play.

On the flip side, Chaqa's playing fairly well if he's town, but I also scumread him. I think sweet is having a solid game regardless of role. I wish he'd be more involved, but rd too.

Jamiet99uk

#2216 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:35 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:59 am
ive arrived safely in minnesota.

vacation part two begins
Is Minnesota a popular holiday spot?
No
Once everyone hears Brainbomb is there, that's bound to change!
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

brainbomb

#2217 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:57 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:35 am

Is Minnesota a popular holiday spot?
No
Once everyone hears Brainbomb is there, that's bound to change!
yes. in fact my mafia game is similar to how I conduct myself when fishing off the dock. for instance I point at the fish I see under the water and accuse them of being sturgeon; then I change my mind and conclude they are pike; and eventually I catch them and it is bluegill

Jamiet99uk

#2218 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:01 pm

worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:08 pm
worcej wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:04 pm
Man, tough crowd for jokes this game
I would go the dead billionaire submarine route
Tell you what - I am glad the CEO himself at least died too. Reading the history and lack of safety culture in that company, as an engineer myself, blows my fucking mind.
It's pretty fucked up, isn't it?

Safety? That just gets in the way of innovation!

(Innovation = using a cheap videogame controller to operate a submersible at extreme depths).
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

sweetandcool

#2219 Post by sweetandcool » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:55 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
ghug wrote:

I mean, yeah, I think you've been focused on the wrong things and you're still staunchly refusing to commit to reads. If you are town, that's not good play.

On the flip side, Chaqa's playing fairly well if he's town, but I also scumread him. I think sweet is having a solid game regardless of role. I wish he'd be more involved, but rd too.
More involved? How so? It's true that I don't really drive anything until I am utterly convinced. I do mostly read, but I feel like I'm pretty involved, particularly if you go by post count.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2220 Post by ghug » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:03 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:02 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:55 pm
aarodactyl wrote:

More involved? How so? It's true that I don't really drive anything until I am utterly convinced. I do mostly read, but I feel like I'm pretty involved, particularly if you go by post count.
That was about rd.