Murder Mystery Film Dusty Balzac's Roadtrip film shoots GoFundMe Please!

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Murder Mystery Film Dusty Balzac's Roadtrip film shoots GoFundMe Please!

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 pm

Fledglings, Whipper-snappers, Sages~ there's Exciting ♥️ News!

A mid 60s emigrant film maker from South Africa who now lives in the Adelaide Hills intends to make a Murder Mystery Film with Road trip film shoots in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales in our Antipodean Spring and early Summer this year.

I live about ~60km distance as a Crow might fly from the town where David lives.

Some of the Murdered Victims are standup comedians!

I have already invested about $Aus 10,000+ in cameras and film making equipment and will use most of it on this film project.
Plus use my 2003 Statesman sedan, motorcycle trailer and 2003 Dashing Ducati Supersport 800cc engine motorcycle in the road trip film shoots.

The producer, director David will be investing a significant amount of his own money in making this film but cannot afford to pay me wages.

I intend to withdraw $Aus 8,000 to $9,000 from my inadequate superannuation savings in July this year.
$6,000 for my expense for a three month Road trip for film shoots, starting in September this year.

$2,000 is to pay for a premium location small marquee venue in the March 2025 Adelaide Fringe Festival to produce my own Comedy Show

I have started a GoFundMe account to raise money for expenses of the road trip film shoots.

We can fund the South Australian and Victorian part of the road trip.

I need extra funding to add the Victoria to New South Wales part of our road trip f ilm shoots and get back to South Australia and home

If we get enough donations, then we extend the road trip from New South Wales to southern Queensland then drive a very long way home.

Most film shoot days & nights will be in small rural towns along a meandering route for a small core group of vehicles with trailers, a caravan and core production crew, core actors.

Other participants will join the road trip for one, two or three week periods.
We'll recruit volunteer actors from residents of the small rural communities we visit and do free comedy shows as parts of film shoots.

My Facebook pages are:

Sardonic Satiric Scragger

Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher

On those there will be posts about this Murder Mystery film project and a link (when I figure that out) to the GoFundMe account I created today with an ambitious target

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Murder Mystery Film Dusty Balzac's Roadtrip film shoots GoFundMe Please!

#2 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 pm

I am hoping a few eagle eyed Almighty Mods will read my posts on this thread and offer advice on whether this thread is allowable in our Bwave New Forum with More Decorum
There is of course the opportunity for very limited product placement enhancing donations.
The Almighty Mods will probably skip to Omnipotent Zultar's Magic Cave to alert His August Highness Omnipotent Zultar and Almost Omniscient Kestas of the opportunity to have Webdiplomacy mentioned in favourable ways in our Murder Mystery Film.

I daresay next Christmas Bonanza of Lovely Webdiplomacy points list of WINNERS will be dominated by generous philanthropists from our Webdiplomacy community who have donated to the roadtrip funding.

For donations made by Australian citizens above $500 then they may want to consider making their donation in a different way to take advantage of the Income Tax deductions available for investors in films made in Australia and wait until July to use the claim in the 2024/25 financial year.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 pm

While this is an advertisement, I will not delete this, for now. I am sure Kestas will take a look at it, and give me further guidance.

MajorMitchell

#4 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:06 am

Thank you Dargorygel.
Please note I have not and do not intend to publish the link to my GoFundMe account in the Forum without clear specific consent to do that.

Anyone from Webdiplomacy would have to go to my Facebook pages to find the link and I would prefer to keep it that way.
That means people would be required to find the link on another social platform,
Facebook and get to see more information, be able to make a better informed decision

Pengwinja

#5 Post by Pengwinja » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 pm

I’m fine with donating my brown button to this project.

MajorMitchell

#7 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 pm

Alas Brown Buttons are not accepted by retailers of fuel or camera operators as payment.
Nor do they match my bright yellow Dashing Ducati Supersport which we want to use in the film.

My motorcycle riding techniques & behaviours combined with my Dashing Ducati Supersport do attract attention.
Without intending to do it, I managed my first wheelstand recently.
I just wanted to accelerate hard from a ~5km/hr rolling speed for about 30 to 50.metres to scatter some pedestrians in a lane back to the footpaths in a nightclub area of Adelaide's CBD.
It was a surprise to me when the front reared up, but I managed to keep the Ducati under control, landed the front wheel safely and rode away laughing.

I will be taking my old Diplomacy Board game on the road trip.
A Diplomacy board game might be part of our film, as a tool to use to express animosities or fueds. A prop in scenes
Plus we'll probably play Diplomacy games

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 am

You should play diplomacy while driving and filming. And have the board just precariously sitting on the handlebars, peices flying everywhere, and look into the camera and be like “ah another backstab”.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#9 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 am

*Pans over to brainbomb looking extremely nervous”

Major Mitchell: ‘Oh brainbomb…”

*cue laugh track +80s themed sitcom intro*

MajorMitchell

#10 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 am

"80s themed sitcom intro"
Art thou a Philistine?
Padded shoulders, big hair ....aaaarŕgggghhh!!!

Think "Yackety Sax"
What comedy is that used in?
British.....
Or The Who 5:15 ~from Quadrophenia
Or Sceaming Night Hog by Steppenwolf

King of Comedy.. Bob De Niro, Jerry Lewis, film made by....

Wattsthematter

#11 Post by Wattsthematter » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am

Dusty Balzac is an interesting name

MajorMitchell

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

Dusty is very commonly used name.
Unlike great great gradpapa Honoré (de Balzac) who wrote The Atheist's Mass
Honoré was considered unusual and interesting 🤔

MajorMitchell

#13 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm

Got an extra half hour resting on my bed, today's make up.call has been changed from.8am.to 9am
It's about 7.15am local time, have about 85km to ride on my Dashing Ducati Supersport, cold dry air ...the engine loves that