Wendy's

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Jamiet99uk

Wendy's

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:13 am

The American burger chain "Wendy's" is expanding into the UK and will soon be opening a restaurant in Newcastle.

Is it worth going?

We have a Five Guys and their burgers are not bad, although I cannot eat the fries as I am allergic to peanuts and Five Guys is peanut-obsessed.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Crazy Anglican

Re: Wendy's

#2 Post by Crazy Anglican » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:30 am

Wendy’s can be pretty good for a standard burger chain. It usually beats out McDonalds or Burger King if they have a good manager. Five Guys is way overpriced for what they deliver.

Octavious

#3 Post by Octavious » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am

In Caracas it was shite. In Canada it was perfectly average. What it will be like in the UK is anyone's guess.

If I'm going to have a burger it's usually Byron, and that's purely because of the chocolate milkshake. If I'm ever in Bath Schwartz Bros do a burger that is better by far than any of the big chains
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Wattsthematter

#4 Post by Wattsthematter » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:20 am

Back in the day their shakes and fries were fantastic. I don't believe that's the case anymore

Napple

#5 Post by Napple » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:10 pm

I think their fries are still pretty great, but I personally feel like the quality of their burgers has gone downhill, which is a shame because they were my favorite of the McDonald's/Burger King/Hardee's style of burger joint for years. I think Five Guy's burgers are better than all of these, but those are so comically overpriced that I never go there.

Esquire Bertissimmo

#6 Post by Esquire Bertissimmo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:53 pm

I'd say Wendy's is below-average fast food here in Canada. Much worse than an A&W, about on par with McDonald's.

It can still be worthwhile to eat there because the value menu items are genuinely reasonably priced, but I imagine this will vary regionally. There are a few unique items on the menu (e.g., the "frosty" (malt chocolate shake), baked potato, etc.) that, while not being especially good, at least provide some variety. The regular burgers are too pricey for what they are, the fries aren't my favorite.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#7 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:10 pm

Wendy’s is hit or miss. I implore you to try once, but honestly the burgers are bad. Fries are fine. Desserts are good tho, especially the frosty.

Would only go tho if it was the only option on a road trip.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#8 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:10 pm

Oh yea, it is kinda weird how Hardee’s is Carl’s Jr. on the west coast

sweetandcool

#9 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:27 pm

I think where Wendy's shines is their chicken sandwich offerings. That being said, no fast food is worth it. Just go to the pub and enjoy yourself.

CaptainFritz28

#10 Post by CaptainFritz28 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:32 pm

Where I live, Wendy's is just about the worst burger place other than maybe Burger King. They've got good fries, but not the best, and their shakes are nothing like their former glory. (Still good though, as it's pretty hard to ruin ice cream.)

It's unfortunate that the rest of the world doesn't have Freddy's or In-n-Out.
Ferre ad Finem!

DougJoe

#11 Post by DougJoe » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:27 pm

Haven't had Wendy's, BK, or McD's in a long time. Last time I had McD's I was disappointed. There's no I-n-O where I live, although there's at least one Freddy's. People around here really seem to like Culver's (which might be a little bit of novelty talking as it's new around here). I haven't tried either of those two.

I'm at the point where if I'm going to ingest the fat and calories that make up a cheeseburger, I either will grill it myself or go someplace that's not fast food. There's a couple of non-chain places around here that do a *really* good burger.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#12 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 pm

Culver’s is the GOAT

JustAGuyNamedWill

#13 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 pm

CaptainFritz28 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:32 pm
Where I live, Wendy's is just about the worst burger place other than maybe Burger King. They've got good fries, but not the best, and their shakes are nothing like their former glory. (Still good though, as it's pretty hard to ruin ice cream.)

It's unfortunate that the rest of the world doesn't have Freddy's or In-n-Out.
I love both of them

I guess we’re spoiled for burgers in the US lmao