Missed deadlines and country assignments?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
[email protected]

Missed deadlines and country assignments?

#1 Post by [email protected] » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:53 pm

Has anyone felt that there is a connection between some players NMRing and the country they have been assigned? I get the feeling that Germany’s and Turkeys are usually the culprits for NMRs in my games with a good chunk of Italys as well

Pengwinja

Re: Missed deadlines and country assignments?

#2 Post by Pengwinja » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Well, they probably don’t want to play those countries, then. Italy’s win rate is statistically lower, and Germany is surrounded. I don’t know about Turkey, though, because i thought they were a decent country.
Not an excuse for NMRing, though. You make the decision, you better follow through.

Diplomacy&Warfare

Re: Missed deadlines and country assignments?

#3 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:17 pm

I've always enjoyed playing Germany. Turkey probably gets NMRs because of the dumb turtle position that happens in 40% of games. Italy is potentially the weakest country, although the statistics that point to them being the "weakest" are based on solos. In my experience, Italy draws a lot more often than Austria but solos less. Both are weak (which is probably part of why Jug is so powerful).