Brainbomb vs MajorMitchell

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.

Octavious

Re: Brainbomb vs MajorMitchell

#2 Post by Octavious » Sun May 05, 2024 5:08 pm

Hmmmm.... tricky...

In a contest of combat, obviously it's the Major as he's hard as nails behind his well maintained soft and cuddly persona.

However, if it was a game of wits... Well, the Major would clearly walk it for obvious reasons

On the other hand, if it was a sporting contest... You'd have to say that 9 times out of 10 the Major would pinch it.

If it was a mathemati... no that would be the Major... philoso... no, Major... scie... Major... general knowled... no...

Ah ha! In a contest of magic it would be a draw, by virtue of magic not existing! So in many respects a close match!
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3 Post by kingofthepirates » Sun May 05, 2024 6:39 pm

What about a contest of random and/or absurd webdip forum threads? Perhaps our good ol' friend bb can take it there?
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by dargorygel » Mon May 06, 2024 2:31 am

kingofthepirates wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 6:39 pm
What about a contest of random and/or absurd webdip forum threads? Perhaps our good ol' friend bb can take it there?
Yeah. Sure. It's been awhile since I had to ban someone from the forum. Other than spam things.

Pengwinja

#5 Post by Pengwinja » Mon May 06, 2024 6:14 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:30 pm
who would win
Tie, or Major is winning. BrainBomb is a literal bomb that is a brain as well. A sentient bomb. If MajorMitchell can survive a bomb blast (which he probably can) he would win. If not, there would be a tie.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am

Alas I have to dash the hopes of young Diplomacy & Warfare by informing that whipper-snapper and other whipper-snappers & fledglings that Dipbro Brainbomb and I do not "fight each other" as that only gives advantages to our common foes and rivals.

Mrs Brainbomb and Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors do not allow us to fight each other and as a demonstration of our Courage we acquiesce to their commands on this matter.

I cannot say how well I would cope with being on the wrong end of a barrage of modern artillery, these drone gizmo's are more amusing, like fast clay ducks, I believe it's simple enough to find the right mix for drone shooting when pressing shotgun cartridges for the Purdeys.

I caution readers to restrict themselves to using small lumps of dried sea salt & gunpowder with NO LEAD PELLETS or Small steel ball bearings when pressing their own cartridges for their inferior shotguns used in urban areas & domestic gardens.

There's a joyous feeling when Her Serene Imperiousness Indoors bags a few burglars climbing the rose vines to the balcony of her Jewellery Suite and they howl as they fall at the sensation of a cluster of sea salt embedded in an arm or thigh.

Fledglings should stick to psychological warfare and wait until they are about eight or nine years old before starting with Martial Arts training and should only get their first Sword and Mace after their fourteenth birthday as a general rule.

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am

MajorMitchell wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am
Alas I have to dash the hopes of young Diplomacy & Warfare by informing that whipper-snapper and other whipper-snappers & fledglings that Dipbro Brainbomb and I do not "fight each other" as that only gives advantages to our common foes and rivals.
Damn it. We've been rumbled!
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#8 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 am

I doubt if the Bwave New World of AI technology Warfare will ever have the joyous experience of a proper Christian Artillery barrage like we had on the Western Front in the Great War when I was sent to France in the summer of 1915 by Great Uncle Bertie (King Edward 8th to you commoners) with a Commission.as a Brigadier General as a present.

After Kindergarten as the ward of the Bosuns Mess at Portsmouth Royal Navy base then the tender care of the Sergeants Mess at Sandhurst I was, at fourteen years and seven months probably the youngest Brigadier General in.the Commonwealth Forces at the time.

Great-uncle Bertie did it to smite General Haig because Haig had made a remark about Great-uncle Bertie's philanthropic relationships with beautiful young ladies who liked to dance in their lingerie when having afternoon tea with Great-uncle Bertie in his private parlour, because the comment by Haig was not the least bit funny.

General Haig tried to sideline me by only letting me command soldiers from the Dominions, Canadians, Indians & Ghurkas, then the Courageous Chaps from the Antipodes, Australia and New Zealand when they arrived on the Western Front in 1916.

1916 has decent Artillery barrages but 1917 was definitely the best year for entertaining Artillery barrages on the Western Front in my opinion.

1916 was of course the year I started my revolutionary tactics with British Army Staff Officers who gave me plans for attacks that would send the Courageous Soldiers out into machine gun fire infested thickets of rusty barbed wire in No Mans Land.

I would insist they visit me at the Front line to survey the ground for their planned attack which they had to do as I held a senior rank.

The lucky Staff Officers had to accompany me out into No Man's Land to make a proper inspection and few ever came back & I would invariably lose their attack plans as I strolled back to our trenches with a golf club.

That was the way to inspire the lads in the trenches, take an hour stroll with a golf club and dozen practice golf balls about half an hour after dawn with Corporal Bumble with the golf bag to carry home Amy souvenirs I.might find and like.

Of course I always took two Webley handguns and plenty of spare bullets in my pockets when playing golf in No Man's Land.

The gobsmacked Hun who saw Corporal Bumble with me as we wandered happily amongst the dead bodies, barbed wire and craters in No Man's Land often became so audacious that they would pop up from their trenches and machine gun positions to watch my golf swing and prowess with a five iron and often applaud with light arms fire and hurl hand grenades.

In doing this the Fine Fellows from the Antipodes and other Commonwealth nations in the trenches enjoying watching me play golf and would shout encouragements to Corporal Bumble who sometimes lacked courage but a good deflection of a Hunnish hand grenade at his huddled body always got him hopping about and willing to dash to the next shell crater and keep up.

Those Wonderful Chaps in the trenches liked to reciprocate the light arms fire and hurled hand grenades applause of the German Chaps with their rifles and machine guns so they get some decent exercise before breakfast in the relative comforts of their trenches.

The Australian Chaps had a full size billiard table and a half size grand piano I m their trench at Knocker's Bell salient so I liked to return to our trenches there most mornings to have a light breakfast of whisky and cigars in the halcyon summer of 1916 on the Western Front.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#9 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue May 07, 2024 11:00 pm

ok boomer :p
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman