Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Frogsterking

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#541 Post by Frogsterking » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:51 pm

lfischl wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:45 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:42 pm
I might have to read jamie, wok and fish games in order to move forward here
you mean old ones right?
Do you have ones that you recommend?

lfischl

#542 Post by lfischl » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:54 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:51 pm
lfischl wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:45 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
you mean old ones right?
Do you have ones that you recommend?
I don't remember my last game tbh it's been a while. I remember winning a couple as mafia at some point

Frogsterking

#543 Post by Frogsterking » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:00 am

@brain

How would it affect your reads if you assumed fish!town?

TheMadMonarch

#544 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:01 am

lfischl wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:29 pm
##AskGM

not sure if this is already known but you can't click on diplomacy&warfare's individual posts on the bot. Some "params not allowed" error.
Noted. Thank you.

Also you can do ISO of Diplomacy&Warfare by going to search and searching on user dip*

Kakarroto

#545 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:02 am

quick vibe check:

babyspice666 - who?

BK3K - he's in the game? (after refreshing) oooh, hi there!

BobMcBob - feels a bit like wanting to avoid getting on people's bad side? Like not stepping on toes? I mean, his posts feels fine enough and he could do that to not getting voted D1 for getting a PR use off, but I'm a small little bit worried that might come from a dark place. That's probably something to worry about D3 or so.

bozotheclown - uninvolved, low energy. Does he not fear the N1 kill?

Brainbomb - I got a small, very tiny flicker he could be evil this game (and I'm probably just paranoid), but other than that brain looks pretty much town to me

BunnyGo - he will probably post soon, right? Right?

Chaqa - not impressed. Could be hiding, could be detached town. Still no upvotes from him :evil:

Damo666 - still no posts

Diplomacy&Warfare - had one post (I think?) - not much to go on here

foodcoats - had a crazy theory involving Jamie trying to mask foods early vote on me ... I'll give it about a 0.1% chance or something like that it's true. Other than that? Looks pretty fine to me. Though not as comfortably as brain or frog.

Frogsterking - leaning pretty hard into town here. Good involvement, nice questions. Still afraid of a powerwolf here, but if so, damn, that's a great performance and 'Hut ab'. But don't think so

Hamilton Brian - I always have trouble reading Brian. Feels good enough for now, though. I want to see more opinions from him though.

heartthrob24909 - my read here is not as confident as last game; looks ok, nothing overly mafia-y. Not too much towny though.

Jamiet99uk - him not questioning naked votes (well ok it's pretty early, but I think that doesn't stop jamie normally) made me a bit sus of him, and I could see mafia jamie acting towards brain in that exchange like he did (it kinda felt like he was quite sure brain was town, though that could also be explained with town-jamie just being very confident in his read about brain). Honestly though, I could see that all coming from town-Jamie though and I'm just paranoid about it (what the ghug has possessed me?), so I'm pretty uncertain. Best to keep a look at Jamie for now.

JustAGuyNamedWill - hmm ... it was easier reading him when I was mafia, not gonna lie. Did a nice job as PR last game, so if he is town, I expect some big plays here. I didn't feel him being overly towny last game, and neither do I this game, at least right now. But I also don't have a maf-read on him. And contrary to others, I kinda feel he does things and is at least a bit involved and it is more of a lack of my ability to determine his alignment. Hmmm.

lfischl - want more from him. Brain might be right that he did a bit more than people normally suspect and then went hiding. Still, might be just normal town lfischl. Yeah, he's pretty null. Needs to do (much) more.

Nephthys - there were a few nice thoughts, so a small townlean from me, but nothing striking. I could see a mafia doing just that and then going with the flow, coasting. More thoughts and opinions much appreciated.

sweetandcool - looks pretty towny to me. Laughed about him voting+endvoting me quoting my original damo post. Was a bit concerned at that point he stayed there lazily, but he didn't do that. his vibe after that was pretty normal too. I wouldn't put him as locktown, at least not yet, but I feel pretty good about him.

Worcej - feels fine, though a bit on the low involved side. Could be just work. But I'm not getting any agenda or pursuit feeling like he might do as mafia pushing someone. Solid townlean for now.

Would vote for today and wouldn't really care if they flipped town:

babyspice
B2D2
damo
dip+war
lfischl

Could see me vote for today, but only cautiously and probably not a good idea to vote out today:

bob
bozo
Brian
bunny
chaqa
food
heart
Nepthys

Will:
Will

Would probably only vote to save myself or the ones in the following/below tier:
jamie (yeah I know, I said all that about jamie, but still, I think currently he belongs here)
worcej

Would not vote for today:
brain
frogster
sweet

[Disclaimer: reads may change. Current reads may be rubbish. Don't put reads into toaster or only do so if your goal is to burn down your house. No animals were hurt by creating this readlist. Also I don't care if you accuse me of putting only low or no poster into my 'would vote' tier, they deserved it. And if I contradict myself when comparing reads to 'would vote'-tierlist, well, it's D1 and much of it is a 'feels like' for me anyway, you should know me by now. If you think I'm mafia, just flip me then but at least you get my honest thoughts. As flawed as they may be.]

Kakarroto

#546 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:02 am

Alright, help me reading you correctly:

@everyone not having posted (damo and babyspice): do so, and I hope in good quality and quantity.

@B3K3 after you had a read, tell me three people who you think are most likely mafia

@diplomacy&warfare what are your thoughts of this game? You still think Will fell for sweets trap and is mafia? If so, who do you think are his accomplices?

@lfischl: if you had a gun with one bullet and HAD to choose someone or getting it yourself before the end of the day, who would you choose, and why?

if anyone else wants to answer those questions from their own perspective, feel free to do so, please just don't answer them for them.

damo666

#547 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:04 am

Sorry for late entrance. I am caught up but no strong vibes. What's this thing Bunny is supposed to be doing?

brainbomb

#548 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:05 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:00 am
@brain

How would it affect your reads if you assumed fish!town?
eh, probably not a whole lot. the reasons why Jamie might be scum with lfischl are not relevant, as Jamie for whatever reason, -does scumread- lfischl but needed someone else to make his talking points for him. Not sure it means anything regardless of what lfischl flips at that point.

and then my scumread on chaqa is pretty much voided. foodcoats made me think that if lfischl is town, then bob is probably just opportunistic scum here and I can see that being a thing.

Hamilton would only look bad if lfischl flips mafia, otherwise ham statement is harmless.

My updated scumreads are : bozo, lsfischl, bob, and heart.

lfischl

#549 Post by lfischl » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:06 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:02 am
Alright, help me reading you correctly:

@everyone not having posted (damo and babyspice): do so, and I hope in good quality and quantity.

@B3K3 after you had a read, tell me three people who you think are most likely mafia

@diplomacy&warfare what are your thoughts of this game? You still think Will fell for sweets trap and is mafia? If so, who do you think are his accomplices?

@lfischl: if you had a gun with one bullet and HAD to choose someone or getting it yourself before the end of the day, who would you choose, and why?

if anyone else wants to answer those questions from their own perspective, feel free to do so, please just don't answer them for them.
probably BK3K because he just showed up and didn't want to read the thread, and i'd rather shoot someone who doesn't care over someone i'm not super sure about this early

brainbomb

#550 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:09 am

I think bozo could be scum because his plan for us to all coordinate night actions is just simply not a scalable idea, and youd never get the entire town to agree to that idea. So it felt more like bozo just trying to put on his hat where he puts forward some scheme or survey to get people thinking; and in this situation it felt like it came in super late and was super unrealistic.

So its more likely its just scum bozo throwing some random idea out there, rather than actually contributing

damo666

#551 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:10 am

##vote sweet

No strong reason

Placeholder vote really

damo666

#552 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:12 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:09 am
I think bozo could be scum because his plan for us to all coordinate night actions is just simply not a scalable idea, and youd never get the entire town to agree to that idea. So it felt more like bozo just trying to put on his hat where he puts forward some scheme or survey to get people thinking; and in this situation it felt like it came in super late and was super unrealistic.

So its more likely its just scum bozo throwing some random idea out there, rather than actually contributing
That occurred to me too but I wouldn't vote him simply on that because he is too valuable if town.

brainbomb

#553 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:18 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:12 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:09 am

That occurred to me too but I wouldn't vote him simply on that because he is too valuable if town.
is this based on the expectation that he is town and hes just gonna totally ball out and become mega bozo later?

or is this based on what youve seen from him so far, and thats indicating something brilliant is yet to come?

Jamiet99uk

#554 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:21 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:31 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:09 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:38 pm
@Kak

I just thought of a joke during my morning walk:

What do you call an Austrian dog?
I'm trying to think, but nothing special comes to mind. Neither in german or english, nothing related to snow or mountains or a city name (bare 'Wien' maybe, but I fail to get a good pun myself). I hope it's nothing connected to WW2. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

So what do you call 'einen guten Jungen' or 'ein gutes Mädchen'?
A Wienerdog.

I suppose in Austrian the answer would be Wienerhund, but then the joke doesn't quite make sense.
Uh.

Okay.

*mild applause*
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Nephthys

#555 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:22 am

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:25 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:44 am
Calling it now, above average chance Kak and Ifischl are scum together
Neph, what makes you say this?
I don't like the way their initial interaction reads, that being said, looking back at it I'm not as convinced

Jamiet99uk

#556 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:23 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:47 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:31 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:09 pm

I'm trying to think, but nothing special comes to mind. Neither in german or english, nothing related to snow or mountains or a city name (bare 'Wien' maybe, but I fail to get a good pun myself). I hope it's nothing connected to WW2. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

So what do you call 'einen guten Jungen' or 'ein gutes Mädchen'?
A Wienerdog.

I suppose in Austrian the answer would be Wienerhund, but then the joke doesn't quite make sense.
I can't say I laughed too much about that, but the joke kinda makes sense, though there are a lot of people who wouldn't equalize Wien with Austria, at least here.

Also, what you call Wiener, we call it here Frankfurter (because a person from Frankfurt [who did so in Vienna] invented it and called it in homage of his birth city), though most other german speaking regions call it indeed Wiener (since it comes from Vienna and stuff, though they don't honour the inventors wish). At the end, it's just a hot dog.

We do have something called 'Wiener' here, but it's a kind of (sliced) sausage. If you are in a supermarket and go to the meat area ordering 'Wiener' there, you'll get that (well they would ask you how much 'deka' [from dekagram] of it you would want, so don't get confused there).

There is another use of 'Wiener', regarding the Schnitzel, so if you go into a viennese restaurant and order a 'Wiener', you'll get that, because no restaurant here would think it's a hot dog.

But yeah, if you are in Frankfurt, Berlin or Munich, ordering a Wiener would yield you (a pair of) hot dog sausages. Well not 100% sure on Munich, but pretty certain.

Anyway, no dog meat would be used, that is guaranteed. There are some places where you can get horsemeat though, which might not be something for americans.
Frankfurter Schnitzel is very nice. It is made with pork instead of veal, and is served with potatoes and grüne soße. I visit Hesse at least once a year, a wonderful part of the world.

Jamiet99uk

#557 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:24 am

BK3K wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:08 pm
What the fuck? 26 pages??

This is too much. I’ll be back later
Why did you ignore the game for the first 24 hrs, and what did you expect?

Nephthys

#558 Post by Nephthys » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:26 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:18 pm
wanting to survive to use powers is secondary to wanting to survive to impact the game by helping identify mafia and you dont need powers to do that

but Im not gonna lecture you. most people sign up to play hoping to get a fun pr. In fact I signed up because I prefer role madness games as town tends to win them more often

but townies dying early in this is actually very helpful to town as well. sounds stupid but every flip is a positive thing for sorting
totally agree. I shortly pondered if a no-kill vote would be good, but it just loses town an opportunity to vote for a mafia AND robs town of good information before mafia could talk to each other. ESPECIALLY since mafia don't know the roles that they have, so if there is any bussing going on, I'd expect them to prefer bussing the comrade(s) they expect to perform not as good.
This post reeks so bad. In what world would town ever consider a no kill first day? We need all the information we can get... Also it deprives us a chance to kill scum.
ESPECIALLY since mafia don't know the roles that they have, so if there is any bussing going on, I'd expect them to prefer bussing the comrade(s) they expect to perform not as good.
ewwwww

Jamiet99uk

#559 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:27 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Who TF is "Wok" ??

Jamiet99uk

#560 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:28 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:04 am
Sorry for late entrance. I am caught up but no strong vibes. What's this thing Bunny is supposed to be doing?
Deliberately not posting but giving +1's to posts so we know he is reading.