M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#781 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Ezio wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:57 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:55 pm
Ezio wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:53 pm
man. I love SnC doubling down on scumreading the people who disagree with his secret mechanical information. It unironically makes me think he's just a disgruntled town lol.
I just can't imagine scum would double and triple down like that.
Can you not read? I haven't scumread anyone who disagree with me in regards to mechanics since the beginning of the game. And in my reads list, I didn't scumread anyone for that reason either.
Yes I can read. You said you thought there were scum involved in pushing the massclaim. You didn't specify whom exactly, but still. The only reason you have for scumreading this person was because they pushed, and forced, something you disagreed with for mechanical reasons.
What other reason do you have for saying you "can't help but feel 1-2 mafia pushed it" or whatever your quote was?
Ah, I guess the last thing you said was true. I didn't have anyone particularly in mind when I said it, but I can see how you'd interpret it that way.

If it helps you, I will repeat that I'm townreading worcej, and kind of townlean Jamiet, despite this situation.

worcej

#782 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:56 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:51 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:49 pm

I was trying to conceal partners D1 because that's the town play. There is a reason why the setup included anonymity but we've decided to crap all over that. I can't help but think 1-2 Mafia were involved in this push.
Please elaborate.

The Mafia already know which townies they themselves are paired with.
I'm not going to give them advice as towards kill strategy, which is at the crux of this whole issue to begin with. Now that partners are revealed, we've lost an advantage that we had, but they still don't necessarily know the optimal strategy, so I'm not giving it.
The one thing I think you need to realize is that most of the players here are not dumb/stupid and collectively can come to reason as scum better than town can.

I've rarely seen scum do a sub-optimal play without them discussing the situation and knowing they are taking a risk.

Ezio

#783 Post by Ezio » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm

worcej wrote:
Ezio wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:54 pm
I think the exact opposite here because of the impact of knowing pairs and when scum get caught, they lose control of the flow of the game more and have their choices made for them.

Taking the advantage away from the scum is huge and has been my entire purpose of pushing this. I tried to explain this multiple times and you just sat there and never engaged in that thought process purposely.
I mean SnC is obviously wrong, but doesn't it strike you as towny to put himself out there pushing for this so hard?
We cross posted, but I agree with your sentiment but found the one statement of boring to be odd.
Ya true. I called that out. I feel like he's just a new player coming off a high of a good game and is feeling super confident in his play as town, and has convinced himself he's right. He had some cool play he thought about in his head and was confident nobody else has thought about it so he didn't want to reveal it to the scumteam. This massclaim makes that cool play no longer viable/possible, so he's feeling sad and dejected.

sweetandcool

#784 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm
Ezio wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Can you not read? I haven't scumread anyone who disagree with me in regards to mechanics since the beginning of the game. And in my reads list, I didn't scumread anyone for that reason either.
Yes I can read. You said you thought there were scum involved in pushing the massclaim. You didn't specify whom exactly, but still. The only reason you have for scumreading this person was because they pushed, and forced, something you disagreed with for mechanical reasons.
What other reason do you have for saying you "can't help but feel 1-2 mafia pushed it" or whatever your quote was?
Ah, I guess the last thing you said was true. I didn't have anyone particularly in mind when I said it, but I can see how you'd interpret it that way.

If it helps you, I will repeat that I'm townreading worcej, and kind of townlean Jamiet, despite this situation.
Sorry for being snippy/insulting.

brainbomb

#785 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I should get an award for not having claimed yet.
Send me your fax number and I'll send you a fax of a piece of paper on which I have written "Well Done" with a black marker.
if your partner is S&C, why then do you assume damo is not partnered with mafia?

sweetandcool

#786 Post by sweetandcool » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Ezio wrote:
worcej wrote:
Ezio wrote:

I mean SnC is obviously wrong, but doesn't it strike you as towny to put himself out there pushing for this so hard?
We cross posted, but I agree with your sentiment but found the one statement of boring to be odd.
Ya true. I called that out. I feel like he's just a new player coming off a high of a good game and is feeling super confident in his play as town, and has convinced himself he's right. He had some cool play he thought about in his head and was confident nobody else has thought about it so he didn't want to reveal it to the scumteam. This massclaim makes that cool play no longer viable/possible, so he's feeling sad and dejected.
If it helps you, my mental state is one of extreme uneasiness. The only thing I'm confident in so far is worcej being town.

Jamiet99uk

#787 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
I should get an award for not having claimed yet.
Send me your fax number and I'll send you a fax of a piece of paper on which I have written "Well Done" with a black marker.
if your partner is S&C, why then do you assume damo is not partnered with mafia?
Can't have a pair that are both scum.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

worcej

#788 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm

Ezio wrote:
worcej wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Yes, however I'll interject that the push you just did on his claim of mafia involvement in the mass claim and subsequent retraction comes off scummy to me more than it's towny.

brainbomb

#789 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm

Ezio wrote:
worcej wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Yea but, hes still got this scumread on me that a case is gonna be coming on soon. Or it maybe just never will. Who knows. If he is sad and dejected that we massclaimed he could just go write up his case on me and really enjoy the shit out of burying me.

Ezio

#790 Post by Ezio » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Sorry for being snippy/insulting.
All good man. I read through some of my old games here to remind myself how this goes and I was an asshole in many of those games. I suspect that contributed to me always getting shot lol.
I think you're wrong about this mechanical stuff which is why I've been asking you about everything *non* mechanical shit when I can.

brainbomb

#791 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:02 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

so that was your way of saying you are so absolutely certain damo is scum that you dont even care who left is their dance partner?

worcej

#792 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:04 pm

I fucking hope I get N1'ed because of ya'll correctly towning me.

I'd consider that a sign of improvement in my gameplay lol

brainbomb

#793 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:05 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:04 pm

you still claimed right away when it probably would've been fine to wait a while. but youve been fairly easy to understand all game.

Ezio

#794 Post by Ezio » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:06 pm

Idk I'm gonna ##vote Vecna. I kinda feel like everyone who's online right now is town.

worcej

#795 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:07 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:05 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:04 pm

you still claimed right away when it probably would've been fine to wait a while. but youve been fairly easy to understand all game.
I always claim early like a scrub.

Jamiet99uk

#796 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:03 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:02 pm
brainbomb wrote:

so that was your way of saying you are so absolutely certain damo is scum that you dont even care who left is their dance partner?
I didn't say that. I think everyone should massclaim. That includes Damo's dance partner, bruh.

Kakarroto

#797 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:59 am
Just out of my council meeting, popping in to say hello.

This theme kind of rankles me, being more of the persuasion of the Republic of Ireland. However, I'll play nice and put on my best Royalist hat.

They breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin, is all I've got to say right now.

Off to bed but will attempt to read the previous 11 pages!

Tootles.
Wait did this motherfucker make me a Brit for the second game in a row?
Well, you could be any royal, no need to be English or Scottish, how about a Bavarian princess? Or any title of the smaller German states?

damo666

#798 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:30 pm
Bet you 100% right now Damo is not paired with a Republican.
You're probably right (8/11)

Jamiet99uk

#799 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:10 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:08 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:59 am
Just out of my council meeting, popping in to say hello.

This theme kind of rankles me, being more of the persuasion of the Republic of Ireland. However, I'll play nice and put on my best Royalist hat.

They breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin, is all I've got to say right now.

Off to bed but will attempt to read the previous 11 pages!

Tootles.
Wait did this motherfucker make me a Brit for the second game in a row?
Well, you could be any royal, no need to be English or Scottish, how about a Bavarian princess? Or any title of the smaller German states?
The Duchess of Ghug.

brainbomb

#800 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:10 pm

The Buttress of Windsor