M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#401 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Yo Ghug, can you remind me how to play this game?

brainbomb

#402 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:10 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:43 pm
@Sweet Seems like you're very much in your own head here. What reads do you have that *aren't* based on mechanical noise?
Thanks for asking. Despite my activity on the thread, I haven't had a chance to think very critically about the thread in a deep sense.

It is true that I've been focused on yelling at people in regards to not claiming. And I'm genuinely upset that the game is getting spoiled because people aren't even willing to wait until Mafia has been killed. At the very least, until ghost chat is tainted by Mafia, we will always have a partner verification method. So there is literally no reason to claim D1 and probably not for another day or two (caveat, Mafia could kill their own partner and then control the flow of ghost chat information for a couple of days. I see a way how this actually could work, despite newcomers getting access to old chat).

Anyways, when I have the chance, I will certainly put down my reads and they probably won't be wholly related to mechanical noise since I'm starting to think that at least for some people it is town indicative that they are pursing a course that is not optimal.
you keep acting like people are claiming right and left. the only people who have claimed so far are ghug and worcej and you arent voting or pushing either of them at all.

sweetandcool

#403 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm
Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
Yes, I'm a bit suspicious of ghug. But idk yet.

Ezio

#404 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:11 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:
@Sweet Seems like you're very much in your own head here. What reads do you have that *aren't* based on mechanical noise?
Thanks for asking. Despite my activity on the thread, I haven't had a chance to think very critically about the thread in a deep sense.

It is true that I've been focused on yelling at people in regards to not claiming. And I'm genuinely upset that the game is getting spoiled because people aren't even willing to wait until Mafia has been killed. At the very least, until ghost chat is tainted by Mafia, we will always have a partner verification method. So there is literally no reason to claim D1 and probably not for another day or two (caveat, Mafia could kill their own partner and then control the flow of ghost chat information for a couple of days. I see a way how this actually could work, despite newcomers getting access to old chat).

Anyways, when I have the chance, I will certainly put down my reads and they probably won't be wholly related to mechanical noise since I'm starting to think that at least for some people it is town indicative that they are pursing a course that is not optimal.
Does this say anything? I feel like this didn't say anything.

sweetandcool

#405 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:13 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:11 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Does this say anything? I feel like this didn't say anything.
Sure, let me help you:

TLDR I'm still working on my reads. (there's a little more than that, but that's the gist).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#406 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:20 pm
I dont think aaro and S&C are scum together. Aaro could be town and s&C is latching on because its a really easy way to not have to do anything at all, and just pretend aaro is some genius with all the answers.

there isnt going to be any accountability for scumhunting with this strategy as we have already almost passed the halfway mark of the phase and at least 6 people havent produced a single scumread, or been held accountable for their atrociously terrible scumreads theyve clung too
Given that you talked to aaro, do you not think his play fits what he was likely to do early as either alignment? I dislike the lack of reads, but I'm not terribly surprised.

sweetandcool

#407 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:10 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:

you keep acting like people are claiming right and left. the only people who have claimed so far are ghug and worcej and you arent voting or pushing either of them at all.
And that makes four outted players, which is over a quarter already. Yes, I'm quite angry about it, and yes, there is a decent chance that I will push them. But really, you've currently been scum vibing this entire game, so I'm feeling like you're the best vote at the moment.

Ezio

#408 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:16 pm

@sweet, this is your second game on the site right?

sweetandcool

#409 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:13 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I dont think aaro and S&C are scum together. Aaro could be town and s&C is latching on because its a really easy way to not have to do anything at all, and just pretend aaro is some genius with all the answers.

there isnt going to be any accountability for scumhunting with this strategy as we have already almost passed the halfway mark of the phase and at least 6 people havent produced a single scumread, or been held accountable for their atrociously terrible scumreads theyve clung too
Given that you talked to aaro, do you not think his play fits what he was likely to do early as either alignment? I dislike the lack of reads, but I'm not terribly surprised.
Exactly what I was saying. Given his attitude before the game, I think his behaviour is NAI.

sweetandcool

#410 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:16 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:16 pm
Third game :D

brainbomb

#411 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:13 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I dont know if ive ever played with aaro. I talked to them pregame and they said there was all these crazy things scum could do with this setup but said they didnt want to share those plays in case he randed mafia. And I noticed that he is claiming he doesnt want to say what those plays are now because it would "give mafia ideas".

So for that I think he might just be hoarding knowledge out of having some sort of self indulgent moment with the setup itself. I dont find it scummy but it provides a great place for scum to sit beside him, honor him, respect him, and do absolutely nothing while getting rewarded for good behavior

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#412 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:02 pm
or even if you were scum, someone asked you to guess the three mafia would you actually name a single one of your scumbuddies?
If I was scum in this scenario, I 100% bus at least 1, if not 2

Ezio

#413 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:19 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Which ones have you played? I only saw m79 where you got miskilled at f3

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#414 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 pm
The person I am in a chat with openly admitted to being mafia and claimed that no one would ever believe me even if I announced it. I asked them who they were mafia with and they said ezio, Jamie, and sweetandcool.

I asked how that was possible and they said they were only lying about one of the three.
My idea with this was to take something from my chat, and change how things went. I wanted to create this idea that my chat partner was openly playing as mafia to see if a scumteam member would
1. disbeleive it and react to it
2. slip up at realizing that it would be out of character for my chat partner to have done this because (they know who my partner is)
3. identify people who would avoid talking about this at all because my chat is T/T

So overall, the idea was to learn about my partner, verify if they are scum by checking the gamethread to see what reactions were obtained. Here are the immediate results.
ghug wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:04 pm
##VOTE Vecna
(ghug votes Vecna right after I posted this, and one of my three pregame picks for mafia was vecna. I had thought about if this was ghug trying to throw me onto my scumreads instead of my teammates, but ultimately I thought this just felt more like something ghug would do that was not reactive to my post at all)
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:06 pm

This is spooky because pre-game I contemplated on announcing that I was Mafia (I am not) to my dance partner, just to see their reaction.
This reaction was odd to me because it seems to buy into that what I said really happened. And even goes as far as to say that they contemplated pretending to be scum for reactions.
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:10 pm
Lets start with some introductory flavour. What was the first dance you did with your partner?
S&C then changes the subject
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 pm

While I don't believe this exchange actually occured, I think you make what could be an interestiung thought exercise gamer.
RHK seems to think this is an interesting excercise, but doesnt think that this conversation really happened.
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

Do you think
A. he didnt really say those three?
B. he didnt really admit to being mafia?
C. I am lying
D. he isnt a he.
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:13 pm

C
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:15 pm
Dear sweetandcool

Would you be willing to explain what makes you think I am lying about this?
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:17 pm

I don't think any player currently in this game is so egregiously cocky in their own play to hard claim mafia, as actual mafia while honestly claiming no one would buy it.

I guess a better way to phrase it would be "I doubt this is a fully honest interaction" in the vein that it may have been said, but was not save in seriousness.

So I would say E) The person might have said it, but they were not being honest in their claim.
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:18 pm
I was curious if you doubt that the person I am partnered with, based on what you know about them; would openly claim scum.
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:30 pm
So aaro's math isn't wrong per se, but it does not explain the gravity of the situation. The fact is every town member has to worry on just better than a coin flip that the person you are talking with is on your side.

As far as claiming goes, I am not against it, but I don't think it's a discussion for today. I think it is better for solving long term later.
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 pm

Because if someone actually did that, it would be completely anti-town. Consequently, you would be willing to name and shame your partner, precipitating a thunderdome in which we day vote your partner, and then you, if need be. The end result being that we catch scum D1 or at least D2.

Or we'll have a prime candidate for LVP to vote for (;
S&C takes the stance here that my partner is just town. And these conclusions seem to be goading me into claiming my partner even though he had stated it was anti town to do so on several occasions.

After calling me LVP, ghug then chimes in an also calls me LVP

RHK leaves the game thread.
and both S&C and RHK take issue with my worcej and kak townreads.

It looks like a scumteam of ghug-RHK-S&C

but that seems really simple and relies on the idea that the whole scumteam was crapping their pants to react to some shitty reaction test of mine.

so the simplest answer is only one of those three maybe is scum.

and I would choose RHK of those 3
Yo I called you LVP because I dislike the idea of talking about LVP and you brought the scoresheet back. It wasn't about your in game actions.

sweetandcool

#415 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:19 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Which ones have you played? I only saw m79 where you got miskilled at f3
You missed me having a very good game in M80.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#416 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:23 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:36 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:33 pm
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... aarodactyl

A town game from aaro in Mini game 1021
You’ve missed my rookie game. I think it was roughly
December 2020.
It’s the game where worcej was judge and no one fought with anyone.
And you were scum but flipped town for some reason.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#417 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:25 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:52 pm
Oh @RD, How are you reading Ghug so far? I've been told you're the only one who can do it correctly.
That's damo.

brainbomb

#418 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:27 pm

I have a meeting coming up and I also think I should take a break for a while. I can feel im getting paranoid and over invested, and im about to flip all my reads, so thats probably a good time to step away and not get too overwhelmed.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#419 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm
Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
No

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#420 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:28 pm

48 hour day 1 boring yawn