M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#381 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:16 pm

@Brainbomb: I like the work you've done on your case. I'm inclined to suspect Sweet'n'cool on the basis of your analysis.

DemonRHK I am less sure on.

Ghug is interesting and I want to look at something, bear with me....
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#382 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:29 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:53 pm
@DemonRHK
I do not feel like ive been insulted at all. Nor poked fun at. The LVP comment was surprising from ghug but I assumed there was nothing actual about it.

Otherwise all of my interactions have been about a 6/10 as far as intensity. Nothing truly heated has occurred here.

I havent been hammering away at you insofar as I made a case, and I happen to still think it has some validity. I really dont think ive been unreasonable, I saw vecna using some reasoning to townread you and I question that read but thats more an indictment on him then you for example.

By all means keep playing and if you feel like my boot is on your neck just let me know im being too much to navigate the thread under this immense pressure
Come on brain, you know I full Streisand under any suspicion. Always have.

So I have been thinking on when the best time is for a mass claim, if at all. Without going to much into it, as I would rather not discuss optimal scum strategy for them, I think it will likely be in the D3-D4 range, depending on amount of miskills. What I am curious in opinions on is claiming on the gallows. What does everyone think? I'm of the mind that uless it isn't needed unless there is false info flying around (which is something else no one has discussed)

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#383 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm

I don't think the level of messaging on private chat is alignment indicative, specially at N0. In fact, a townie is more likely to forget to enter discord then a scum.
You think so? I'd say everyone would be checking in as soon as the discord link were received. If anything, I think mafia would be more apprehensive to get in there right away. The more time spent dialoguing means more time spilling something to hang them on later? I don't know. That could just be me.

Ezio

#384 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:34 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:15 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:51 pm
Yo Aaro, how're you reading SnC?
I think he’s playing well and is agreeing with me. Unfortunately, I’ve never played with him before so it’s hard to know if that’s a towny or just neutral. I don’t get scummy vibes though.
I don't agree that he's playing well, and it seems like he's only agreed with you on mechanical irrelevance. Wanna go into more detail there?
He's done a lot of telling people that claiming their partners is bad, something I disagree with, and he has this gem of a comment that screams:
I'm scum trying really hard to townslip here.

"It makes sense that Mafia got pregame chat for this setup, but I swear it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the setup. I am thankful someone asked and that information was revealed and am annoyed that I didn't know about it in the first place.

I will have to reassess the current dynamics and see how much that changes my reads."

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#385 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:36 pm

There's the brain I was counting on. Seems like it's on now.

Eureka moments are like lightning in the bottle. Just what does one do with that lightning.

Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.

sweetandcool

#386 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Ezio wrote:
I think he’s playing well and is agreeing with me. Unfortunately, I’ve never played with him before so it’s hard to know if that’s a towny or just neutral. I don’t get scummy vibes though.
You sound like you've almost been pocketed. This shouldn't be a reason to townread me. But you acknowledge that we haven't played before. Which is why I have a neutral read on you, particularly because you were excited about the setup before the game started. So as either alignment I would expect you to support that impression.

Ezio

#387 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm

Ya let's get this started at least.

##vote sweetandcool

brainbomb

#388 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Yea Im on board.

##Vote sweetandcool

sweetandcool

#389 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:40 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:34 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Ezio wrote:
I don't agree that he's playing well, and it seems like he's only agreed with you on mechanical irrelevance. Wanna go into more detail there?
He's done a lot of telling people that claiming their partners is bad, something I disagree with, and he has this gem of a comment that screams:
I'm scum trying really hard to townslip here.

"It makes sense that Mafia got pregame chat for this setup, but I swear it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the setup. I am thankful someone asked and that information was revealed and am annoyed that I didn't know about it in the first place.

I will have to reassess the current dynamics and see how much that changes my reads."
Very good, obviously that comment could be fabricated. It was not, it was my subtle way of expressing some displeasure toward President Eden (don't worry PE, this is a great setup).

Ezio

#390 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:43 pm

@Sweet Seems like you're very much in your own head here. What reads do you have that *aren't* based on mechanical noise?

Ezio

#391 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:47 pm

@Hamilton since you're around, can you tell me how you feel about the top posters (except bb lol). Not just town vs scum, but how would you characterize their gameplay?

Jamiet99uk

#392 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Ezio

#393 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm
Does anyone else think Ghug has behaved very differently today than his normal D1 meta?
Kinda? It's been forever so I assumed his meta had just shifted somewhat. I'm sure mine has too lol.

Ezio

#394 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Also wasn't this d1 super abnormal compared to usual d1's here? There was relatively little shitposting and tons of mechanical chat, as well as a pretty small game for less noise to sort through as well.
This game seems weird, so I'd expect everyone to be weird.
Brainbomb shines through though <3

brainbomb

#395 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:00 pm

If the person in my dance chat named three people they guess as mafia and then ended the sentence with “this will be an interesting scumteam”, would you be paranoid about that last phrasing?

brainbomb

#396 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:02 pm

or even if you were scum, someone asked you to guess the three mafia would you actually name a single one of your scumbuddies?

Ezio

#397 Post by Ezio » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:02 pm
or even if you were scum, someone asked you to guess the three mafia would you actually name a single one of your scumbuddies?
some % of the time for sure.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#398 Post by ghug » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:33 am
For now I think it's most cromulent to ##Vote Brainbomb.
His posts about his dance partner confessing to be scum are most likely fake.
##VOTE Jamie

brainbomb

#399 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Of interesting note, Jamie is handling the sweetandcool stuff very much in the way he acted when his partner foxcastle was named in M80. That whole "hmmm maybe I need to look into them" stance

sweetandcool

#400 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:43 pm
@Sweet Seems like you're very much in your own head here. What reads do you have that *aren't* based on mechanical noise?
Thanks for asking. Despite my activity on the thread, I haven't had a chance to think very critically about the thread in a deep sense.

It is true that I've been focused on yelling at people in regards to not claiming. And I'm genuinely upset that the game is getting spoiled because people aren't even willing to wait until Mafia has been killed. At the very least, until ghost chat is tainted by Mafia, we will always have a partner verification method. So there is literally no reason to claim D1 and probably not for another day or two (caveat, Mafia could kill their own partner and then control the flow of ghost chat information for a couple of days. I see a way how this actually could work, despite newcomers getting access to old chat).

Anyways, when I have the chance, I will certainly put down my reads and they probably won't be wholly related to mechanical noise since I'm starting to think that at least for some people it is town indicative that they are pursing a course that is not optimal.