Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 46 - Ace Attorney - GAME THREAD

#881 Post by damo666 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:42 am
If Crusader comes back on, and does both of the votes Damo did, I'm starting a crusade. Just against him. In Real Life
If he does both it would be hilarious.

Btw why is scumChips not a possibility?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#882 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 am

I have made a summary of Tom the Bombs play so far, with links to each of his posts if you want to look into any of the items more. The point of me doing this is to show you how Tom is playing with a severe lack of effort and interest:

1) Naked Vote on Chippe
2)Joke with Durga
3)
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 pm
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:50 pm
Speaking of bait lynch.

Why are you voting for ChippeRock, Squigs? I thought you didn’t move your vote around casually?
Chippe already has at least one vote on him (Tom Bombadil) and no one likes his shtick. He’s getting plenty of pressure. Why are you voting ChippeRock now when you were so reticent to vote for Flavius?
This post is strange. I literally gave no reasons for my vote for Chippee, yet you question Squiggs who actually laid out a reason? Seems like you are searching for reasons to question/scumread someone rather that organically questioning people as the thoughts come into you mind.

Scummy indeed.
Shading without pushing any further.
4)Joke with ND
5)Vague question to Chippe
6)Joke with ND
7)Another request for Chippe to be better
8)Gives a townread of Carl, who he previously shaded, and me, without reasoning
9)Another request for Chippe to be better
10)Naked vote on TrPrado
11)Answers what AI stands for
12)Asks no in one particular about EspressoPatronum
13)Tells people not to pay attention to Chippe
14)Asks EP himself about his background
15)Agrees that Flav's knowledge of Balki is sus without elaborating further
16)
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:53 pm
et wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm
@Tom
Please tell me why you vote TRP?

I don’t scumread ChippeRock and needed to put my vote elsewhere. His observation about ND felt unnatural and I don’t know what it accomplished besides trying to get other people to take up the torch against ND who is one of the most lynchable players in every game he is in.
His first thought for voting TrPrado is that he doesn't want to vote Chippe. Uses a very weak (imo) reason for voting prado.
17)Hedges his vote on TrPrado saying he might move it. Says he has no strong townreads, but gives Durga as most likely town - no reasoning given.
18)After Balki questions him about why he townreads Durga:

This is perhaps the first post Tom has made that shows any effort. Nothing wrong with his reasoning, but not particularly strong either.
19)[url=viewtopic.php?p=80597#p80597]Repeats the question to Flav about how he knew Balki was smart

20)Shades one of Fox's questions
21)Continuation of shading Fox
22)
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:25 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 pm
Why did you appreciate Balki answering Fox? What did you hope to learn from asking that question?
This is oddly inquisitive from you, since you should know that asking questions and getting answers has implicit value. I'd like to wait and see how things play out before answering, though. Feel free to ping me about this again later.
Ok. I will ask you later.

Sure, asking questions is on the surface level is good for town in general. But asking questions where you don’t care about the answers is scummy, and that is the vibe I got from this
I think this is slightly ironic coming from Tom Bomb since I feel like a lot of Tom's posts / shading he has not followed up with or pushed at all. I get the vibe from Tom that he does not care about people's answers.
23)Voices agreement with Balki that Chippe and Crusader are unlikely to be scum together.
24)[url=viewtopic.php?p=80789#p80789]Asks Balki a weird question about shading

25)Vaguely asks how I am scummy after TrPrado votes me
26)Asks my thoughts on Balki

He either jokes, agrees with or reiterates a previous post, or asks vague questions in almost all of his posts. He does not follow up with any of his questions, and seems very disinterested in them. He currently has a hedged scumread of TrPrado, and somewhat weak town reads of Durga, Carl and myself.

I would expect a town Tom to ask more direct questions, follow up with those questions, turn them into conversations. I would expect him to give stronger, more detailed opinions, and push his scumreads rather than shade them.
This seems like a scum Tom Bomb who is disinterested in solving and more interested in letting things play out.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#883 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 am

Something went wrong with some of my quotes... you should be able to iso him to find them though

Percy Williams

#884 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 am
Percy Williams wrote:
If Crusader comes back on, and does both of the votes Damo did, I'm starting a crusade. Just against him. In Real Life
If he does both it would be hilarious.

Btw why is scumChips not a possibility?
Sorry about that, bad internet ruined my reply. That part where I quoted the question without responding had some wonderful words on my end. Give me a moment to remember and repost.

CruaaderReynauld

#885 Post by CruaaderReynauld » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:01 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Now you wouldn't want to tempt me would you. ;) ##VOTE NO-LYNCH

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#886 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 am

@Squigs, I have the same impression of Tom’s play. Just not sure what conclusion to draw. I feel like Scum!Tom is pretty engaged and more thoughtful than this too.

If you think Tom is scum, why do you think he is acting this way? Do you think he is trying to look engaged but is failing? Something else?

Carl Tuckerson

#887 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 am
@Squigs, I have the same impression of Tom’s play. Just not sure what conclusion to draw. I feel like Scum!Tom is pretty engaged and more thoughtful than this too.

If you think Tom is scum, why do you think he is acting this way? Do you think he is trying to look engaged but is failing? Something else?
Mafia are highly incentivized to lay low during this D1 because there are so many people and they can’t coordinate yet

Carl Tuckerson

#888 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 am

The MoscowFleet wagon is atrocious. How is that in the lead right now?

Percy Williams

#889 Post by Percy Williams » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:07 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:36 pm
Percy Williams wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:24 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Percy, do you think Chippe sincerely believes he can proove he is a VT, do you think he was reaction testing, something else?
I believe he either
1.believes he can prove he is VT,
2. is Town Pr trying to Make Scum believe he is VT (which depending on his role could make one other player inclined to promote that image)
3.or is the Blind assasin, trying to keep everyone off his case.
No chance he is scum fishing for town PRs? Any reason you are sure of that?
Approximately what I had written:
A lot of people were angry with chipperock before the game even started, and even without knowing the history or any details, I can tell that some players would be glad of any excuse to lynch him.It would be almost suicidal to do as Scum. Unless he is a master of Wifom, I just find this play as scum to be extremely unlikely.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#890 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Mafia are highly incentivized to lay low during this D1 because there are so many people and they can’t coordinate yet
This is a pretty simplistic and unhelpful view in my opinion. Mafia will do what they think will cause them to appear their “normal” town self. Whether they normally lay low or are active, they will try to replicate. Looking at things like how many posts is useless - looking at the motivation behind posts is useful.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#891 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am

Also, we aren’t no lynching.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#892 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Sure, but making votes without explanations is not really laying low. Tom is a good scum player. Not sure how to square that with the effort he has put in so far.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#893 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 am

Squish’s - be careful confusing lack of driving discussion with lack of effort.

Carl Tuckerson

#894 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:11 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

This is a pretty simplistic and unhelpful view in my opinion. Mafia will do what they think will cause them to appear their “normal” town self. Whether they normally lay low or are active, they will try to replicate. Looking at things like how many posts is useless - looking at the motivation behind posts is useful.
Who said anything about post count? The criticism is that you seem disengaged and uninterested in digging, not that you aren’t active. By post count you’re in the top half.
In a large game, where it’s easy to fall into the background if you aren’t trying to avoid it, and before the mafia team can coordinate, there is a very strong incentive to let yourself be seen but not too committed or engaged in d1, then come back on d2 after talking to your team and forming a plan and letting a couple townies get killed off to reduce the din of posting.
I think they make a strong point that your behavior fits that pattern.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#895 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:12 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I have never actually seen Tom as scum, he has only drawn scum once on the site. I have seen him play Town though, and what I expect from town Tom is what I put in my conclusion there - an engaged solving Tom.
Scum Tom would act this way because he knows he has to post but can't come up with the same level of solving that he would if he were town. This is Tom Bombadil we are talking about - the man, the myth, the legend. The guy who fake claimed two correct cop songs. They still sing songs about him.

Carl Tuckerson

#896 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:12 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Sure, but making votes without explanations is not really laying low. Tom is a good scum player. Not sure how to square that with the effort he has put in so far.
It’s a huge game and votes fly somewhat freely. Making unexplained votes and halfhearted pushes in the first half of d1 can still be laying low in context of the size of the game.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#897 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
I don't see any evidence of you doing either. Can you show me this evidence?

Carl Tuckerson

#898 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:14 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
If that’s all you have to say to his breakdown of your post then I’d say you’re doing both and there’s no confusion.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#899 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:15 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:12 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

I have never actually seen Tom as scum, he has only drawn scum once on the site. I have seen him play Town though, and what I expect from town Tom is what I put in my conclusion there - an engaged solving Tom.
Scum Tom would act this way because he knows he has to post but can't come up with the same level of solving that he would if he were town. This is Tom Bombadil we are talking about - the man, the myth, the legend. The guy who fake claimed two correct cop songs. They still sing songs about him.
You and I have very different views on how scum behave d1

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#900 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I don't see any evidence of you doing either. Can you show me this evidence?
I admit I haven’t driven discussion, but I don’t always do that. I make observations and post them in thread. I’ve always held the belief that d1 is a shit show, but interaction between players should be noted. Driving play d1 is really difficult - there isn’t much content to go on