Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#4601 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:12 pm
@Percy - You should, imo, scan Jamie. Depending on what you get, we do the following:
  1. If he is scum, you announce and we lynch him.
  2. If he is town, we still lynch him. His oracle claim is confirmed and you become a clear and he can target another person.
While I am pretty much saying 'Hey Jamie, you die D6', this presents us with the opportunity to get a scum (Jamie or Percy depending on the report) and another clear or another scum (whoever Jamie targets).

This also forces the scum to choose: kill Percy before he can scan or kill a clear. Either way, someone is eliminated from the 'possible scum' pool and we're closer to winning this game for town.
And before this gets nit-picked, the reason you have Percy scan Jamie specifically is that it clears or incriminates Percy. If he scans anyone else, no one for sure is 'cleared' until you can confirm Percy is town or scum.

Jamiet99uk

#4602 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 pm

worcej wrote:
@Percy - You should, imo, scan Jamie. Depending on what you get, we do the following:
  2. If he is town, we still lynch him. His oracle claim is confirmed and you become a clear and he can target another person.
While I am pretty much saying 'Hey Jamie, you die D6', this presents us with the opportunity to get a scum (Jamie or Percy depending on the report) and another clear or another scum (whoever Jamie targets).

This also forces the scum to choose: kill Percy before he can scan or kill a clear. Either way, someone is eliminated from the 'possible scum' pool and we're closer to winning this game for town.
This does pretty much force scum to NK either me or Percy, though, Worcej.

worcej

#4603 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 pm
worcej wrote:

This does pretty much force scum to NK either me or Percy, though, Worcej.
But it eliminates Percy and whoever you target (assuming their town) from the lynch pool.

We are indeed forcing the scum's hand to NK clears, but this also reduces our chances of mislynching during the days.

Jamiet99uk

#4604 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:22 pm

I was going to propose it the other way around:

- I set my reveal to Percy.
- Percy scans someone OTHER than me (and not Xorxes either) and declares his target at the last moment of EoN.
- If both Percy and I survive the NK, then lynch me.
- This either (a)townclears Percy and confirms the accuracy of his scan, or (b) proves Percy is scum.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4605 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Two questions right now:

1. If Espresso is town, what was Dargorygel hoping to achieve there?

2. If Espresso is scum, what was Dargorygel hoping to achieve there?
1 has no answer. 2 has an answer, which is why I'm on board with 2.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4606 Post by flash2015 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:35 pm

worcej wrote:

I don't understand - If you are suggesting we lynch Jamie either way, why would we waste the scan on him then?

bozotheclown

#4607 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:22 pm

- Percy scans someone OTHER than me (and not Xorxes either) and declares his target at the last moment of EoN.
- This either (a)townclears Percy and confirms the accuracy of his scan, or (b) proves Percy is scum.
It sounds like Jamie is planning to NK Percy.

worcej

#4608 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:

I mean, this provides the same net result so I don't see the issue with this.

worcej

#4609 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:48 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:35 pm
worcej wrote:

I don't understand - If you are suggesting we lynch Jamie either way, why would we waste the scan on him then?
Jamie's way actually is better on his read - mine had an issue in it.

worcej

#4610 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm

And since I am such an over-sharer: my plan doesnt work if Percy is scum and Jamie is town. We don’t clear Percy in that case.

Jamiet99uk

#4611 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:08 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:58 pm
And since I am such an over-sharer: my plan doesnt work if Percy is scum and Jamie is town. We don’t clear Percy in that case.
But mine does, because I reveal Percy either way.

bozotheclown

#4612 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm

The evidence suggests that tracker was one of the fake roles, so it appears the remaining scum are worcej, Jamie, and Espresso, as hard as it is to believe bo_sox is town.

Espresso bussing Jamie probably means Jamie really is the power thief. worcej is probably the human, since he has not been bussed much. When Espresso claimed tracker, he demonstrate a knowledge that it was possible there was no killer. This was not obvious to me, since even with the roles assigned randomly, it was possible the mafia was guaranteed to have a killer, the same way the masons were guaranteed to be both town or both mafia. This probably means there is no killer, so Espresso is probably the goon, since the janitor power was not used.

foodcoats

#4613 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

If I understand correctly... we basically sacrifice you to confirm Percy's scan results, thereby clearing/confirming Percy and possibly their target?

If Percy is NK'd, what are we to make of your selflessness?

worcej

#4614 Post by worcej » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:29 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

If I understand correctly... we basically sacrifice you to confirm Percy's scan results, thereby clearing/confirming Percy and possibly their target?

If Percy is NK'd, what are we to make of your selflessness?
Nothing because it screws the plan up.

foodcoats

#4615 Post by foodcoats » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm
The evidence suggests that tracker was one of the fake roles, so it appears the remaining scum are worcej, Jamie, and Espresso, as hard as it is to believe bo_sox is town.

Espresso bussing Jamie probably means Jamie really is the power thief. worcej is probably the human, since he has not been bussed much. When Espresso claimed tracker, he demonstrate a knowledge that it was possible there was no killer. This was not obvious to me, since even with the roles assigned randomly, it was possible the mafia was guaranteed to have a killer, the same way the masons were guaranteed to be both town or both mafia. This probably means there is no killer, so Espresso is probably the goon, since the janitor power was not used.
What do you mean by "the evidence?" I think it's logical. Is there something empirical you're referring to?

I'm wondering what it means that darg fought so lamely and that the wagon was crushing.

xorxes

#4616 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Day 1

emc (6) Fox Espresso xorxes foodcoats bo_sox bozo Vecna
bozo (6) worcej emc damo Percy rdrivera Chaqa
Percy (1) dargo
brainbomb (1) flash
Moscow (1) Hosuke
dargo (1) Vaporwave
damo (1) Jamiet
Espresso (2) brainbomb

Day 2

emc (6) Fox Jamiet Espresso flash xorxes Chaqa
Chaqa (5) bozo rdrivera Vaporwave foodcoats bo_sox
bozo (3) Percy emc damo
Percy (1) dargo
damo (1) ItsHosuke
Hosuke (1) worcej
dargo (1) brainbomb

Day 3

Vapor (7) flash worcej dargo bozo bo_sox Espresso Jamiet
worcej (3) damo Hosuke Foxcastle
bozo (2) Chaqa Percy
dargo (2) xorxes Tom
flash (1) Vapor
Espresso (1) foodcoats

Day 4

Chaqa (5) bozo worcej bo_sox foodcoats Espresso
dargo (2) Hosuke Chaqa
Espresso (1) dargo
flash (1) flash
bozo (1) Percy
worcej (1) xorxes
Fox (1) Fox
bo_sox (1) Tom
Jamiet (1) Jamiet

Day 5

dargo (9) xorxes Espresso flash Jamiet Hosuke bo_sox worcej Fox bozo
Espresso (3) dargo foodcoats Percy

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4617 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
This is where I stopped reading, because I don’t give a rat’s ass what your opinion is so long as you are constantly badgering and antagonizing me. You have played terribly to this point. You have proposed stupid idea after stupid idea to go along with stupid question after stupid question. I spent days ignoring the stupidity because I townread you, and I didn’t go out of my way as town to mess with a relationship, neutral or otherwise, that may grow into something of an alliance later. I see no reason why you as town would be so madly focused on me even when you are apparently certain, beyond all your intuition, that I’m town. It makes no sense to me why you keep on doing this unless my townread is wrong and you’re just leaving the door open to flip right back to me. Currently, I think you’re just an annoying jackass, but you’re clawing that door open with all you’ve got.

Do you even care that I’m town? Do you care that I could continue letting your spite cloud - no, destroy - my reasoning when it comes to you and the cases you propose?

You are playing one of the worst somehow likely town games I have ever witnessed, but unlike you, I’m only telling you that because you’re antagonizing me. I’ll go back to keeping my fucking mouth shut once you do.

xorxes

#4618 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Adding color for suspects to see how it looks:

Day 1

emc (6) Fox Espresso xorxes foodcoats bo_sox bozo Vecna
bozo (6) worcej emc damo Percy rdrivera Chaqa
Percy (1) dargo
brainbomb (1) flash
Moscow (1) Hosuke
dargo (1) Vaporwave
damo (1) Jamiet
Espresso (2) brainbomb

Day 2

emc (6) Fox Jamiet Espresso flash xorxes Chaqa
Chaqa (5) bozo rdrivera Vaporwave foodcoats bo_sox
bozo (3) Percy emc damo
Percy (1) dargo
damo (1) ItsHosuke
Hosuke (1) worcej
dargo (1) brainbomb

Day 3

Vapor (7) flash worcej dargo bozo bo_sox Espresso Jamiet
worcej (3) damo Hosuke Foxcastle
bozo (2) Chaqa Percy
dargo (2) xorxes Tom
flash (1) Vapor
Espresso (1) foodcoats

Day 4

Chaqa (5) bozo worcej bo_sox foodcoats Espresso
dargo (2) Hosuke Chaqa
Espresso (1) dargo
flash (1) flash
bozo (1) Percy
worcej (1) xorxes
Fox (1) Fox
bo_sox (1) Tom
Jamiet (1) Jamiet

Day 5

dargo (9) xorxes Espresso flash Jamiet Hosuke bo_sox worcej Fox bozo
Espresso (3) dargo foodcoats Percy

xorxes

#4619 Post by xorxes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
When Espresso claimed tracker, he demonstrate a knowledge that it was possible there was no killer. This was not obvious to me, since even with the roles assigned randomly, it was possible the mafia was guaranteed to have a killer, the same way the masons were guaranteed to be both town or both mafia.
I do believe Espresso is scum, but maybe he was just paying attention:
xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:10 am
The masons work as a unit for the random selection, so they are either both town or there are no masons. (Ask the GMs if you don't believe it.)

Also, there could be a human even if there is no ant, because the human has some power that does not depend on the ant.

So if two people claim mason they're either both town or both mafia.
That was me D1 reporting what I was told by the GMs.

bozotheclown

#4620 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:39 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

What do you mean by "the evidence?" I think it's logical. Is there something empirical you're referring to?

I'm wondering what it means that darg fought so lamely and that the wagon was crushing.
Besides two scum claiming tracker in an attempt to clear one being the most logical explanation for dargorygel counterclaiming when he was almost certainly to be lynched first, there is other evidence that tracker was a scum fake role. First, it appears the mafia RBed Vapor D3 to set him up for the lynch, indicating they were not concerned with the tracker. Second, as
xorxes suggested, the mafia did not seem concerned with damo being the tracker, although I am not sure damo did not excluded that himself with how he hinted his role. Also, if you believe as I do that Jamie crumbed multiple scum roles, shell suit could have been a crumb for tracker since a shell suit is a type of track suit. I think Espresso not knowing the tracker could track any mafia performing the NK is further evidence he is not the tracker.