White Nationalist Terrorist Kills 49

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Jamiet99uk

White Nationalist Terrorist Kills 49

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm

A racist, fascist white nationalist opened fire in New Zealand today, murdering 49 people in one of the worst terrorist atrocities ever committed in that country.

A horrifying reminder of the dangers of fascism and extreme nationalism. We must be vigilant.

Fluminator

Re: White Nationalist Terrorist Kills 49

#2 Post by Fluminator » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 am

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/christc ... ctims-fund

I know people rip on prayer for these things, but seeing as it happened in a house of prayer, I think all the victims would appreciate it as they believe in its power.

Jamiet99uk

#3 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:31 am

Prayer is false and irrelevant but if people want to contribute to actual efforts to help, that's great.

flash2015

#4 Post by flash2015 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux recently toured Australia and NZ touting their "Great Replacement"/White Supremacy" story.

They whine A LOT about their "freedom of speech", about protesters trying to shut them down. But you can see why protesters feel this way. As we have learnt from history, when you give these divisive arguments air and make them acceptable people act on them...as we have tragically seen in NZ.

orathaic

#5 Post by orathaic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences, if protesters wish to boycott venues who host certain kinds of speech, and venues decide to cancel events, no-one's freedom of speech has been violated.

The venue is entitled to their speech, which includes taking a stance, whether in responce to a boycott threat, or because they actually disagree...

Apart from the fact that traditionally freedom from the threat of state violence is what freedom of speech meant.

MajorMitchell
Location: As directed by The Fire Breathing MemSahib, Her Imperiousness Indoors lying on a sofa eating​ cakes

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am

First I would express my respect for the victims who have died, my condolences to to their families, friends and communities and similar empathy towards the injured and others affected.
It has been reported that the alleged mass murderer is an Australian citizen and I should make it clear that this atrocity does not represent those values and principles​ that define the nation of which I am a citizen.

I will wait before making a post on the other issues related to this horrific tragedy such as the dangers of hate speech, innefective gun control laws, the need for major global social platforms such as Facebook to step up and do a much more effective job in preventing the misuse of their services by extremists who preach hatred and violence etc.

What does show the world what values and principles that the peoples of both Australia and New Zealand embrace is our response.